University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Did anyone write a letter of intent? I sent one to Dr. Chang a couple weeks ago and I never got a reply whether he received or not or if it was added to my application. I don’t know if I should email admissions to inquire about it or just wait.
If u sent it. He got it. I wouldn’t bother them more. They hate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone get any news. Getting quieter .... here

Members don't see this ad :)
Wasn’t the second payment due date on feb 1st?
shouldn’t be there more calls coming up this week?

Wasn’t the second payment due date on feb 1st?
shouldn’t be there more calls coming up this week?
Pretty sure it’s feb 15. First one was due January 15 since acceptances went out December 15. After Feb 1st, any offer given will be 2 weeks to put in the deposit and so on.

Members don't see this ad :)
I turned down my offer, hope someone in here gets it!

Maybe I’ll just apply for a Masters to
Improve my GPA

Maybe I’ll just apply for a Masters to
Improve my GPA
Wouldn't hurt to apply. Thats what I did last year when it looked like I would have to reapply; no problem with ditching those programs if you get accepted by a dental school. On the other hand, it felt good to have some kind of acceptance in April lmao.

Wouldn't hurt to apply. Thats what I did last year when it looked like I would have to reapply; no problem with ditching those programs if you get accepted by a dental school. On the other hand, it felt good to have some kind of acceptance in April lmao.
If you dont mind me asking, which master programs did you apply to?

If you dont mind me asking, which master programs did you apply to?
Case Western Reserve Medical Physiology Master's was the only Master of Sciences program that I applied to. I was accepted, ended up not attending because of tuition but I've heard great things overall.

I also applied to some Master of Arts programs at local state schools. I'd rather not say which schools they were for anonymity reasons, but I'm sure you can find something similar around you.

Last edited:
the wait list seems quite huge

the wait list seems quite huge
Yes they tend to have a pretty large waitlist! I heard its about 400 students, I may be wrong tho. I personally know 13 people on the waitlist. From what I read in this thread and on the Facebook chat I've come across well over 100 post of people stating they are on the waitlist. :(

• Sad
Yes they tend to have a pretty large waitlist! I heard its about 400 students, I may be wrong tho. I personally know 13 people on the waitlist. From what I read in this thread and on the Facebook chat I've come across well over 100 post of people stating they are on the waitlist. :(
Yesterday I talked to a dentist who went to UDM a few years ago. They remembered getting their white coat measurements taken at the interview. I guess thats because everyone that gets interviewed ultimately has a decent shot of acceptance, so UDM would rather have that information from the start. That last part is just speculation on my part, but it seems strange to take the measurements so early otherwise.

Can we take a pill
Of all of us on the waitlist
Can “like” this post

Reactions: 16 users
Does anyone know how many seats are open?
Currently, there are ~130 members in the facebook group including a couple of upper-year students/admins. So I'm guessing there could be roughly 10-15 seats left + people who will rescind their offer this month (2nd Deposit).

good assessment
Thus group is a small sample only though

At least here we know we have 13 or 15 for sure.

I meant that’s not too many so we can keep our hopes alive

Okay great
That’s total 14 in this group so far on WL

I just got accepted today!!!! I'm weighing the pros and cons of going here or nova. The cost difference is 14-37k, but seeing as how I'm from Florida, the extra cost is worth not paying for winter clothing, being in a state where I don't know anyone, and the wear and tear on my car. (not to mention I hate the cold and have no clue how to drive in the snow)

Reactions: 2 users
I just got accepted today!!!! I'm weighing the pros and cons of going here or nova. The cost difference is 14-37k, but seeing as how I'm from Florida, the extra cost is worth not paying for winter clothing, being in a state where I don't know anyone, and the wear and tear on my car. (not to mention I hate the cold and have no clue how to drive in the snow)
Yes!! Please let us know whether it was off the waitlist or from a recent interview!!

It was off the waitlist. I'm going to talk with my parents later today about my options, but I think I'm most likely going to decline. Which means one of you guys are going to get your chance! good luck! I'll update you when I officially decline.

Reactions: 2 users
It was off the waitlist. I'm going to talk with my parents later today about my options, but I think I'm most likely going to decline. Which means one of you guys are going to get your chance! good luck! I'll update you when I officially decline.
Do you mind sharing your stats?? Thank you!!

Stats in what regard? my GPA and DAT scores?

Congrats!!!!
When did u get called? We’re u waitlisted? Mind sharing your stats!