University of Illinois c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The second wave of letters are all alternates. Just called and confirmed this with Susan.Why the school could not send all letters out at once I'm not sure since they would had to have known Friday who were and were not alternates. Incredibly disheartening and frustrating process this has been but I am happy it is finally over.

Anyone know if the official waitlist letters say what number on the waitlist you are? Trying to plan ahead if I want to just accept my offer at Ross or not. Really bummed to read this but also is nice to know what's happening at least. Still haven't gotten a letter but this has pretty much sealed my fate.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know if the official waitlist letters say what number on the waitlist you are? Trying to plan ahead if I want to just accept my offer at Ross or not. Really bummed to read this but also is nice to know what's happening at least. Still haven't gotten a letter but this has pretty much sealed my fate.
I don't believe they do, but everyone should just wait until they have the letter in hand before making decisions/assumptions. I would absolutely not be surprised if some mail centers took a few days longer from the initial wave. You should get them by the end of this week if the second wave was sent yesterday.

I'm still hoping that the post office is late..

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How soon should we be looking for housing/ roommates? Is there a good forum for stuff like this? I know there is a Facebook group but is that what that is used for? I know this is probably too early but I live in Chicago so I'm used to having to find apartments many months before I can move in haha.

What's the Facebook group? I'm also looking for housing in the area and would like to live with other vet students if I can't get a one bedroom.

Hi everyone! I am a first time poster. I'm IS accepted and I got my letter in OK.

OOS - Accepted from PA! I couldn't be happier! Good luck to everyone still waiting for your letters - I just got mine today so don't think you are out of luck if you haven't gotten yours yet.

Reactions: 2 users
I was waitlisted and Illinois will not tell you where you are on the waitlist so don't bother asking them. You just have to hope it moves enough that you get offered. I didn't get an offer until early May.

OOS accepted (Colorado) my only acceptance - soooo relieved :)

Reactions: 1 users
How soon should we be looking for housing/ roommates? Is there a good forum for stuff like this? I know there is a Facebook group but is that what that is used for? I know this is probably too early but I live in Chicago so I'm used to having to find apartments many months before I can move in haha.

That page is for you guys to use as you need. It's specifically for you. So use it how you need. Communicating with future possible roommates is definitely a good use for it.

What's the Facebook group? I'm also looking for housing in the area and would like to live with other vet students if I can't get a one bedroom.

Scroll back a page.

I was waitlisted and Illinois will not tell you where you are on the waitlist so don't bother asking them. You just have to hope it moves enough that you get offered. I didn't get an offer until early May.
Yeah, hopefully it moves at all this year...

Reactions: 4 users
Is there ever a point where you can call and they'll share your status? I have no clue which address I put as current when I submitted...I've had quite a few this past year and a half

Is there ever a point where you can call and they'll share your status? I have no clue which address I put as current when I submitted...I've had quite a few this past year and a half

I would wait until the beginning of next week and see if you can check your VMCAS for your address you put.

If you don't receive a letter in the next week I would call and explain, if they won't tell you via phone perhaps they'd be willing to issue a new letter to your current address.

Members don't see this ad :)
@greeneyegal92 did you save the PDF copy of your VMCAS or anything of the sort? You may also be able to call VMCAS, that's worth a shot too.

Reactions: 1 user
VMCAS is already closed for this cycle but you could call or email (explained on the original log in page) to request a pdf copy of your application. Then you could see the address you had with them.

@pinkpuppy9 Yea it would of been smart to save a PDF but I scrolled through my downloads I don't have it anywhere...it's okay though I doubt I forgot to change my address

Still nothing in Champaign or Chicago.

Kinda odd that all waitlist letters were sent by Monday yet nobody, even people in Illinois, has received them yet...
Nothing at my permanent address in IL, still waiting for my friend to check my current address in IN.

Reactions: 4 users
The number of people who haven't heard is making me feel still hopeful but it's probably false hope haha

The number of people who haven't heard is making me feel still hopeful but it's probably false hope haha
I've chosen to ignore the whole second wave of letters thing and just hope I got accepted lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using SDN mobile

Reactions: 6 users
Maybe the Champaign post office is in shambles haha. Who knows.

Also, I was driving earlier today and it is SUPER windy here. I passed a stopped mailtruck and saw a letter just get whipped out of the truck by the wind. I was like "Maybe that is what happened to my letter". It is laying all alone in a ditch somewhere. :rofl:

Reactions: 5 users
I was looking over my acceptance, and I noticed they said I was considered OOS for tuition :scared::uhno::whoa::bullcrap: I almost cried guys. I called and explained that I have lived in Illinois my entire life, and both current and permanent addresses I listed on VMCAS were in Illinois...... She said it was an error and fixed it..... Thank you for the heart attack Illinois.

IS resident, northern Illinois.

Twas at work today when I got an email from UIUC called "matriculation in the class of 2021". Got home and I got my acceptance letter! Feels pretty good to have finally heard back from every vet school.

I'll be turning this offer down and going to another school :happy:. Best of luck to you all. This has been quite the application cycle.

Random thought, probably pure speculation, any of you still waiting have last names towards the end of the alphabet?

Received an email today in addition to yesterday's letter at 4:29 titled "Matriculation into the Class of 2021". So even if you didn't get a letter yet, but received this email then that's probably good news!

Huh, weird theory is kind of working? Mostly end letters with a stray number of beginning letters. I'm probably reading into this too much

Need to cling to some kind of hope until the letters come, right?

Good luck, everyone! :)

Kinda odd that all waitlist letters were sent by Monday yet nobody, even people in Illinois, has received them yet...
Nothing at my permanent address in IL, still waiting for my friend to check my current address in IN.
Soooooo just remember that the state is screwed budget wise. They probably have cut hours/employees, even in the post offices. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was the case.

Waitlisted UIUC Student, letter went to Chicago.