University of Illinois c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone received a confirmation email yet? I know they said we would hear about interview times after Feb. 1st, but I wasn't sure about them letting us know that they got our interview confirm email..

I called ASA to confirm (I know...), but no email yet.

Members don't see this ad.

I called them and asked if they knew when the confirmation email would be sent out, but she said she was not sure. But, it is a good idea to call and make sure they got your email!

Members don't see this ad :)
I called them and asked if they knew when the confirmation email would be sent out, but she said she was not sure. But, it is a good idea to call and make sure they got your email!

I'd say it's a good idea to check your "sent mail" folder to make sure the email went through and you did everything correctly (correct email address, VMCAS #, etc.), but I would recommend not calling.

The invitation email said they will send confirmation emails after the deadline to respond:

After receipt of your confirmation email, you will receive an e-mail (after deadline to respond) confirming your interview time.

As you can see in the posts from current students above, they are very, very busy with many different things. They don't need to receive several hundred phone calls over the next few days.

As long as you sent the email, you'll be fine. If they somehow didn't get it, they're not going to reject you for their mistake. Just be patient :)

Reactions: 1 user
I was about to say, your confirmation e-mail will probably be the e-mail with your interview time.

Though they are very very busy, I had a problem when I sent my interview confirmation email. It was in my sent mail, but they never received either of the 2 I sent and I had to scramble after everyone got their interview times to show that I had tried to accept the interview. I was lucky they still let me interview. It does happen so I personally recommend calling.

Reactions: 1 users
Though they are very very busy, I had a problem when I sent my interview confirmation email. It was in my sent mail, but they never received either of the 2 I sent and I had to scramble after everyone got their interview times to show that I had tried to accept the interview. I was lucky they still let me interview. It does happen so I personally recommend calling.

I've almost lost clients that I manage at work over this very issue. I obviously don't enjoy pestering them, but at the same time I'm not going to try to deal with this after the deadline.

Exactly. When it comes down to it, it is their job and I am not risking anything when it comes to my interview here! At least it is something they can check quickly.

Just declined my IS interview offer! Hope someone on here will get my spot :)!

Does anybody know if during the interview they will give us a chance to talk about the stuff we've done since we submitted our applications (and then actually consider it with the rest of the file review in phase II)? For instance when I applied, my experience was limited to small animals, wildlife, and swine, but since then I've worked in labs and on studies with dairy cattle and poultry and I would like the ad com to know about this when making their decision on me. I'm wondering if there's a way I can let the school know this so it contributes to this applicant cycle.

Maybe if they get a lot of phone calls this year, next year they'll have an online system that shows you've confirmed your interview! Then they can be just like every other school I applied to...

I'm declining my IS interview. Good luck, everyone!

Does anybody know if during the interview they will give us a chance to talk about the stuff we've done since we submitted our applications (and then actually consider it with the rest of the file review in phase II)? For instance when I applied, my experience was limited to small animals, wildlife, and swine, but since then I've worked in labs and on studies with dairy cattle and poultry and I would like the ad com to know about this when making their decision on me. I'm wondering if there's a way I can let the school know this so it contributes to this applicant cycle.
The interview is closed file, meaning your application/experiences won't be discussed. It's a behavioral interview. You could email or call ASA and see if they'll update your application!

The interview is closed file, meaning your application/experiences won't be discussed. It's a behavioral interview. You could email or call ASA and see if they'll update your application!
thank you! I just emailed them so hopefully they can work with me on that. If not at least I have that experience for the next cycle haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe if they get a lot of phone calls this year, next year they'll have an online system that shows you've confirmed your interview! Then they can be just like every other school I applied to...

I'm declining my IS interview. Good luck, everyone!
They used to have an online system. That's how I knew they never got my emails about the acceptance as online it said I had declined the interview. Why they got rid of the portal system? I don't know honestly.

Just to be clear, no one has gotten confirmation emails yet correct? I dont want to call if they haven't sent out confirmations to anyone, as I know they are incredibly busy.

Just to be clear, no one has gotten confirmation emails yet correct? I dont want to call if they haven't sent out confirmations to anyone, as I know they are incredibly busy.

I was thinking about calling them when I get off work in 30min.... but I really don't want to bug them either. I think it might be worth it to cull the anxiety haha

I was thinking about calling them when I get off work in 30min.... but I really don't want to bug them either. I think it might be worth it to cull the anxiety haha

It's not even officially due till tomorrow though, right? Everything will probably go out at once on Thursday or Friday - I wouldn't worry too terribly much about it.

I got my email from them on the second last year. Apparently they had trouble sending it to me too, but notified me and made sure I received their email.

Also they emailed me last week because I messed up and didn't put a confirmation in my email (just my name, vmcas #), so they're definitely going through them.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats everyone! Glad to hear you guys are finally being notified. Please, when you send in your acceptance email of the interview, make sure you get a confirmation back. When I applied, for some reason my email never went through and I had to scramble to show I had sent them several emails to get my interview. I nearly got left out. If you don't hear anything within a week, I suggest calling them and verify that way they got your email. It may annoy them, but it's better than losing your interview spot because your email screwed up.

To get to Chicago, you can take the train or the Illini Shuttle. Both will take you to O'hare. I would recommend a taxi or Uber to get around town. I live near a few hotels on Lincoln so I could possibly help some get to campus depending on what I have that day. (Is it a Tuesday this year?) I can't help get you guys back though because I usually have to go to work right after class.

If you have any questions about the wildlife clinic or the WEAMS program at the school, you can ask me as well. I'm the clinic's treasurer and have taken pretty much all the exotic electives so I've gotten to know the WEAMS department pretty well. Congrats again guys!

Thank you for the information! I was checking on the Illini shuttle and realized that their schedule is different from what's shown online when I was trying to book tickets online. I tried to call but both numbers on their website did not work... very weird. Is it still running?

Has anyone received an email yet?

The deadline still isn't for another few hours, and they said they'd send emails after the deadline. I'm sure someone will post when they get a confirmation!

Thank you for the information! I was checking on the Illini shuttle and realized that their schedule is different from what's shown online when I was trying to book tickets online. I tried to call but both numbers on their website did not work... very weird. Is it still running?
As far as I know, it is but I haven't had a need to use it. Hopefully that's just a weird fluke.

Has anyone received an email yet?
I have not yet. I did email them to confirm they received my initial email though because having nightmares about email not going through!!

Any news??
Just called and they confirmed that my email was received but have no idea when the schedule emails will be sent out or when my interview will be :/ already got my flight booked (prices increased 50% over the last couple of days!) and they cannot guarantee that OOS will interview in the morning.

Last edited:
Just called and they confirmed that my email was received but have no idea when the schedule emails will be sent out or when my interview will be :/ already got my flight booked (prices increased 50% over the last couple of days!) and they cannot guarantee that OOS will interview in the morning.

I am glad you called! I was stressing about not getting an email yet.

Yeah I just realized it's the day after I got my info last year, but also I got my interview invitation a week and a half before I did this year. I think they're just a bit behind overall this year.

should we start taking bets on what day we will get our interview emails?

I'm guessing Tuesday!

should we start taking bets on what day we will get our interview emails?

I'm guessing Tuesday!

Us helpers for interview day are meeting tomorrow about planning, so I'm hoping tomorrow for you guys!

Reactions: 4 users
Us helpers for interview day are meeting tomorrow about planning, so I'm hoping tomorrow for you guys!
That sounds like a good sign! I already booked my flights because I just cannot wait and watch the price to reach $700. I am planning on flying back Monday evening so I really hope I will interview in the morning...

Called admissions just now and they said that they are sending out interview times today

Got my interview time email at 4:09pm EST! :)

Got my email today, 0850 interview. I am going to stay around campus for awhile though. I rented a car so I could give someone a ride back to ohare

haven't heard back about my time yet. I'm wondering at what point I should call them?

haven't heard back about my time yet. I'm wondering at what point I should call them?
I didn't hear anything either! Maybe they'll send emails tomorrow morning.

For those of you didn't hear back, I would call tomorrow.

same. I think only OOS have found out times today. Here's hoping for tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Totally speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if they made sure that OOSers got their times ASAP since their travel plans are usually less flexible than ISers. Anyways, exciting that they're being sent out!

Reactions: 2 users
I'm IS and I have a friend who also hasn't received an email yet so that seems likely