University of Melbourne c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phyllostachys

Reaction score
Hi there, I haven’t seen a thread for Melbourne yet so I’d figure I will create one. Anyone here has any updates for this circle? I am a first time applicant. I received my offer for the program on Nov 1 but I’m still waiting to hear back from a few other schools and/or doing more research before making a decision.

Members don't see this ad.

hey! i'm in the exact same boat, I also received my acceptance November 1st. i'm kinda stressed out though because I need to take the CASPer and the deadline is Nov. 15 but in order to sign up for it I have to have my Melbourne ID which they haven't sent to me yet. Have you heard back from them with their official letter/ID/all that jazz?

hey! i'm in the exact same boat, I also received my acceptance November 1st. i'm kinda stressed out though because I need to take the CASPer and the deadline is Nov. 15 but in order to sign up for it I have to have my Melbourne ID which they haven't sent to me yet. Have you heard back from them with their official letter/ID/all that jazz?
I have not heard back from them either!!! They supposed to send that out this week

Members don't see this ad :)
I received my offer today. I’m a first time applicant from USA. I am waiting on USA schools and not sure if I want to accept yet. Are there any current or recent international grads from USA able to share their experience?

Hey just an update, I got that email yesterday with the student ID!

What are your thoughts on Melbourne vs Sydney university for vet school?

Do any of you have a contact for admissions? I have a question about my conditional offer and can't find an email.

Hey! I'm trying to get in contact with unimelb. Do you mind me asking which email you are using to contact them?

[email protected]

I had a question about my conditional offer with pending Casper results. He said I will hear back by the 17th of this month.

Reactions: 1 user
did anyone accept to melbourne? I've been thinking about it but saw a post here that i guess is now deleted that made me question going here a little.

I am very hesitant about accepting due to that post and the covid situation. I am in the process of asking questions to the uni and seeing what they tell me.

I’m hesitant as well. Do any of you know if classes will be online or if they will be deferring?

Members don't see this ad :)
The office is closed until Jan 4th, I got an automatic email reply. I am pretty sure classes would be online.

Reactions: 2 users
Please post if you get an update! Would really like to know.

Hi everyone! I see that some people are concerned about a post that was on here about department cuts. I called the regional manager who said he has not heard of any cuts and I also reached out to a current student on LinkedIn who says that she would be shocked if there were such cuts since equine, oncology and emergency are all major parts of the curriculum. I hope that makes some of you feel better and hopefully once the university opens back up on the 4th we can get more solid answers.

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone aware of what happens IF* a school fails to meet AVMA standards? I know they are given time to correct the issues and then get reevaluated but what happens to students if they fail and the accreditation is retracted? Are student grandfathered in? Would they have to transfer schools? Etc.

I tried finding the answer in the AVMA website but it ignores the elephant in the room and doesn’t discuss what happens to student, especially international ones...

Is anyone aware of what happens IF* a school fails to meet AVMA standards? I know they are given time to correct the issues and then get reevaluated but what happens to students if they fail and the accreditation is retracted? Are student grandfathered in? Would they have to transfer schools? Etc.

I tried finding the answer in the AVMA website but it ignores the elephant in the room and doesn’t discuss what happens to student, especially international ones...
I actually reached out to the AVMA a few weeks ago asking this question and they told me if when you graduate the university is of the status of accredited, accredited with minor deficiencies, or probationary accredited then you are considered to have graduated from an accredited school. This is the link with those definitions: COE Accreditation Policies and Procedures: Classifications

I emailed them yesterday with a bunch of questions about how they would do school for international students given travel restrictions, etc. Hoping to hear back soon before making a definitive choice. For me it’s coming down to schools in Australia and Oregon state but I’m having such a hard time deciding. Will post their reply when I get it

I have not heard anything back from uni Melbourne yet and I emailed questions a week or more ago. I sent them again and I am still waiting a response.

They have been quite slow with answering emails. I’m waitlisted for Sydney so I have decided to accept my spot at Melb. I’m hoping that they send out some info in regards to returning to Australia, etc. soon!

I really wanted to go to Sydney, but I got waitlisted 😬 then I thought Melbourne would be a good option as well, but then I heard all these questionable things about Melbourne. Now I’m accepted to Cornell and still waiting on a few more interviews. 😭😭😭 i need to respond to Melbourne by 1/17 and i don’t know what to choose

I have not heard anything back from uni Melbourne yet and I emailed questions a week or more ago. I sent them again and I am still waiting a response.
They seemed to take a LONGGGGG time to respond even before the holidays. I was really upset because 1. If this is how they treat their accepted students - whose needing those last push, how would they treat their current students? 2. Even when they responded, they didn’t even answered my questions. I had to emailed back explain myself, the person responded to CC to the person who in charge of the DVM program - NOBODY has responded to me since. And this was like early December 🙃

They seemed to take a LONGGGGG time to respond even before the holidays. I was really upset because 1. If this is how they treat their accepted students - whose needing those last push, how would they treat their current students? 2. Even when they responded, they didn’t even answered my questions. I had to emailed back explain myself, the person responded to CC to the person who in charge of the DVM program - NOBODY has responded to me since. And this was like early December 🙃
I emailed the a couple of weeks before holidays to see if the result of my Casper test came back and if I did actually have an admitted spot, they responded the same day. Sent it to Fvas-admissions one.

It’s true though I feel like being an international student might be hard this year even if it would be an amazing adventure to go study in Australia the time difference and days waiting to hear back from emails rn is not making it easy for me to get info I need to make decisions

I really wanted to go to Sydney, but I got waitlisted 😬 then I thought Melbourne would be a good option as well, but then I heard all these questionable things about Melbourne. Now I’m accepted to Cornell and still waiting on a few more interviews. 😭😭😭 i need to respond to Melbourne by 1/17 and i don’t know what to choose
DUDE CONGRATS! just go to cornell, don't try melbourne especially in this covid fiesta.

I will be declining my offers to both Melbourne and Sydney so hopefully one of you peeps can take my spot💕

and to phyllostachys CONGRATS on your acceptance to Cornell! Take you shot! I will most likely be accepting my offer to Colorado State 😌

Awee thank you guys I will be declining my offer from Melbourne as well. Congrats on getting in Colorado

I have sent multiple emails, and I have not received any communication back from UoM. Has anyone been able to contact them? Anyone accepting?

I have sent multiple emails, and I have not received any communication back from UoM. Has anyone been able to contact them? Anyone accepting?
I will probably decline. Havent received any updates from them since admission offer.

Has anyone who applied through the VMCAS heard back from the University of Melbourne yet? I know that the last reasonably timed CASPER test for US students is next weekend and I haven't heard anything back since I submitted my application back in September. Has anyone tried emailing them for an update yet?

I decided not start a new thread because I think the cohort associated with this application cycle would end in 2025 not 2026. If anyone thinks otherwise, I am happy to start a new one.