University of Minnesota C/O 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just last weekend. I wanted to come find you at lunch to talk dual degree, but my tour was one of the last to come in and it seemed kind of impossible at that point since all the tables were full. I was able to talk to another dual degree 1st year student though :)

Oh. I did have her at that point, but she didn't come to school. I was running from table to table to talk dual degree a fair amount, although most people wanted to hear about the dual MPH, which I know nothing about, haha!

If you have any dual PhD questions, you're more than welcome to PM me!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh. I did have her at that point, but she didn't come to school. I was running from table to table to talk dual degree a fair amount, although most people wanted to hear about the dual MPH, which I know nothing about, haha!

If you have any dual PhD questions, you're more than welcome to PM me!
Yeah... I am not feeling too confident about my interview so I am waiting to find out if I am in before going crazy with questions :p

So I have been looking at the conformation email for where exactly the interviews take place... I see it says that the activities will be in the student learning center, so is the actual interview there too?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the dress code (or what typically people wear for male and female) for the meet and greet tomorrow night?

For Leatherdale? It's definitely more casual than the other activities. I saw some guys in jeans, boots, and flannel shirts. I (female) wore jeans, boots, and a sweater and felt fine. I'm pretty sure I saw people still in their interview attire from earlier in the day as well and that was also fine. But honestly it's easy to get there and end up going straight on the tour and so some people still even had their coats on the whole time; definitely a more casual vibe than the other scheduled events.

So I have been looking at the conformation email for where exactly the interviews take place... I see it says that the activities will be in the student learning center, so is the actual interview there too?

Yep! I was happy to find very clear signs once I arrived at the student learning center. The interviews are in a room right near the entrance on the first floor and the other events are on in that building on the 2nd floor.

Yep! I was happy to find very clear signs once I arrived at the student learning center. The interviews are in a room right near the entrance on the first floor and the other events are on in that building on the 2nd floor.
Thank you!!

Last minute question! This VMCAS app was the one with the supplemental question concerning areas of diversity and social equality right?
THANKS!

Last minute question! This VMCAS app was the one with the supplemental question concerning areas of diversity and social equality right?
THANKS!
The interview is blind, they haven’t seen your application

Members don't see this ad :)
I found out today you can establish residency and get in state tuition after your first year. GAME CHANGER

Were you at a panel? Me toooo
I didn’t stay for the panel, I left after lunch. But I sat next to my tour guide and she mentioned it to me. I’m surprised they didn’t say anything about it in the information session.

Super bummed I missed the orange kitten yesterday tho :arghh:

I was at the panel. Now I'm wondering which one you were!
The derpy sleep deprived one who works 3 jobs lol

I didn’t stay for the panel, I left after lunch. But I sat next to my tour guide and she mentioned it to me. I’m surprised they didn’t say anything about it in the information session.

It’s a fairly involved process, from my understanding. There are people in my class who changed residency successfully, but it’s not as simple as it sounds like it is at some of the other schools.

The derpy sleep deprived one who works 3 jobs lol

It’s a fairly involved process, from my understanding. There are people in my class who changed residency successfully, but it’s not as simple as it sounds like it is at some of the other schools.
Hahaha the first or second one? My friend was the one who asked that job question. She's not even going to vet school but had fun coming up with things to ask.

Hahaha the first or second one? My friend was the one who asked that job question. She's not even going to vet school but had fun coming up with things to ask.

I was second from the left (your left) for all of the panels. Dual degree student with glasses.

It’s almost that time :oops: should be hearing back from them this week!!

@supershorty
For your dual degree, did you apply before you started the DVM program or did you apply after your first year (maybe second?? - I can't remember exactly what I was told about when applications are accepted for the DVM/PhD program).

@supershorty
For your dual degree, did you apply before you started the DVM program or did you apply after your first year (maybe second?? - I can't remember exactly what I was told about when applications are accepted for the DVM/PhD program).

I was accepted as a dual student coming in, but you can also apply during your second year of the DVM program. :)

Are decisions mailed or emailed? Trying to see what I need to be on the look out for

Hi guys, I just interviewed on Saturday this past weekend.

I'm wondering if I should be sending a thank you email to my interviewers/admissions staff?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Are we definitely supposed to hear back this week?

Judging from previous class threads, it's possible that it can be as early as tomorrow or Wednesday :oops: That's just the pattern I noticed though.

Reactions: 3 users
The U of M campus doesn’t get Presidents’ Day off based on the looks of their Academic Calendar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The U of M campus doesn’t get Presidents’ Day off based on the looks of their Academic Calendar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They did sent an interview survey follow up, however, that could have been automated to go out either way.

Good luck to everyone on whenever the day comes!!! :)

I was told by Ms. Bonneville that Wednesday was when they would notify everyone.

Reactions: 2 users
So if Minnesota wants to do phone calls/emails today that'd be great since I'm actually off work :laugh:

Reactions: 3 users