UPenn c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The rejection letter sounds like it's a generic one?

Members don't see this ad.

IS and haven't heard anything! Getting nervous though.

IS and haven’t heard anything, which I assume is good! If I remember correctly from last cycle, an initial round of rejections goes out before they start to send out interview invites. I’m hoping for good news this year!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't hear anything for a while, don't panic! I heard nothing until January, interviewed on the very last day, and still got in. The timing doesn't matter at all. If you have any questions or concerns, always feel free to email Rob or Allison!

I got the same rejection email too today. I’d be interested to see their stats as they claim to not value gpa as much as experience ‍♀️

I got the same rejection email too today. I’d be interested to see their stats as they claim to not value gpa as much as experience ‍♀
It seems to be pretty split. Lots of people with okay GPA’s and great experience, but also a lot of people with very high GPA’s. It’s moreso that if your GPA isn’t a 3.7 or something you’re not out of the running.

My interview invite came Dec 7th for a Jan interview, so don't worry, there is still time!

I spoke with UPenn over the summer for a file review. About GRE scores they said they know it doesn’t mean much (how GRE scores don’t really predict how you will do in vet school or in life) and they are more holistic but they still use it for if you don’t get over a certain score then you are not really looked at. Even though it is a “holistic” review, they definitely have a cut off in scores.

I spoke with UPenn over the summer for a file review. About GRE scores they said they know it doesn’t mean much (how GRE scores don’t really predict how you will do in vet school or in life) and they are more holistic but they still use it for if you don’t get over a certain score then you are not really looked at. Even though it is a “holistic” review, they definitely have a cut off in scores.

do you know what their cut off is?

im OOS

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't heard anything yet!! OOS first time applicant. Trying to remain as hopeful as possible! This last few months have honestly been the hardest, checking my email 10+ times a day for word back I wish you all the best of luck! We got this

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
As far as positive news goes, it’s going to be tough. They don’t really send you any sort of communication in the interim between confirming receipt of your application and giving you a decision of rejection or interview offer. Then once you get your interview offer, it’s nothing until you actually have your interview and then hear a decision. So just be very patient.

Get back to parasit! :p
Hahaha thank god it's over! I don't know why but I was one of the last people there. I decided to run my fecal at the end and do everything else first and I was getting so many odd stares of people thinking, "did he eff it up and he's re-running it?", "damn, he's only running it now? He's gonna be effed" :lol:

:( make it stop

Do I know you/you know me?

Reactions: 1 user
Well that solves that

I worked with Vetin22 over the summer! :lol:

Anyone think we will start hearing about invites today?

What makes you think we will? Just wondering what you've heard.

I saw in an earlier post that for the past few years the first set of interviews have been coming out the first Thursday in December. I was just kinda hoping that it would happen this year!

Reactions: 3 users
I saw in an earlier post that for the past few years the first set of interviews have been coming out the first Thursday in December. I was just kinda hoping that it would happen this year!
I've also heard that they sometimes hold out on releasing invites until the end of their undergrad final exams. If that's true, that wouldn't be until the week of the 16th. Hoping thats not true for this year, though!

Hang in there guys. I know it's such a nerve-wracking time. Enjoy not having any applications or the fact that you don't have to do much between now and hearing back about interviews :) We're all dying in exams at the moment and thinking back to when we were in your shoes is supplying some small modicum of happiness!

Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone! I'm kinda late seeing this thread, but I am an IS applicant. Have not yet heard back about my interview decision, last I heard was an acknowledgement of my completed application.

Hi everyone! I'm kinda late seeing this thread, but I am an IS applicant. Have not yet heard back about my interview decision, last I heard was an acknowledgement of my completed application.
Don’t worry. It could be another month or more before you hear anything. In fact that’s actually pretty likely. I interviewed on I think the 3rd or 4th day and my invite came on January 4th. So if you don’t hear before January, you’re likely in the majority.

Don’t do it it’s a trap

*types through tears while studying anatomy at 9pm on a Saturday*

Eta: /sarcasm..... sort of

• Haha
Don’t do it it’s a trap

*types through tears while studying anatomy at 9pm on a Saturday*

Eta: /sarcasm..... sort of
To be honest, Penn is not my top choice even though I'm in state. I am not a city person at all; so I would probably commute if I ended up going here.

Does anyone know when they start interviewing and when they end? does it go into feb?

Does anyone know when they start interviewing and when they end? does it go into feb?
They usually start at the beginning-ish of January. I’ve heard of people interviewing in December but apparently that’s only a very small group of people. Then it goes into mid February I believe.

ETA: I just checked last year and it looks like the first interview was January 11th and the last was February 15th. So 6 dates. I was the third (1/25) and heard on 1/4 that I got an interview.

Last edited:
When do you think we will start hearing back about interviews or rejections?

When do you think we will start hearing back about interviews or rejections?
The first round of interview invites should go out in the next couple weeks

The first round of interview invites should go out in the next couple weeks
That late for you guys? I think I got mine Dec 7th but that was a couple years ago (and for the first possible date), so if people heard this Thursday, it was only for the first wave -- and there are some 8 interview dates or so?

That late for you guys? I think I got mine Dec 7th but that was a couple years ago (and for the first possible date), so if people heard this Thursday, it was only for the first wave -- and there are some 8 interview dates or so?
Last year there were 6 interview dates. I believe the first invites went out on December 21st.

Last year there were 6 interview dates. I believe the first invites went out on December 21st.
Last year the first round went out the 11th. From my thread stalking, I think tomorrow will be the day for the first round :)

Last year the first round went out the 11th. From my thread stalking, I think tomorrow will be the day for the first round :)
Oh yea you’re right. December 11th and 14th it looks like for the first two interview days. Then nothing until January 4th which was when I received mine for the third day. So if you don’t hear anything in the next week or so, don’t worry. It really doesn’t mean anything.

Wow congrats to you both!! So exciting!

Congrats to everyone who got an interview! Did anyone get an interview that was in state?

IS invited interview on January 17th!

I'm OOS and have not heard anything still. Kinda sad, but I'm trying to remind myself that this first wave is probably just the cream of the crop. I def didn't have a 4.0 lol :shrug: