UW-Madison SVM c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same here. OOS (I think). And it looks like small envelope too. Maybe a waitlist? Fingers crossed!
Any IS have informed delivery? My address isn’t eligible, but it looks like OOS applicants are getting theirs today so I would assume we will, too.

Members don't see this ad.

I am instate and mine says I have mail and packages arriving soon, but where they have the envelopes pictured...neither is from Wisconsin...maybe an acceptance letter??? Hoping for the best!!!

Reactions: 2 users
OOS (Ohio if location matters on when we get our letters), nothing in my daily digest of note. Fingers crossed for everyone getting news today!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m IS and my mail will be here within the hour! So nervous seeing everyone post on here!

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
How do you guys get this daily digest??? I want that!

It'll probably take a few days to kick in

t

It'll probably take a few days to kick in
thanks!

Let's hope so! Was it just a letter or did they send an email too?
It was only a letter. My friend that got waitlisted that year received a letter as well, and then received a call when they were able to offer her a spot. That's the only time I've ever heard of IS applicants getting anything but a letter, but there might be weird circumstances that warrant otherwise for some people. For sure, expect snail mail.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So for OOS, no calls for acceptance this year?

Reactions: 1 users
Made my boyfriend go open my mail LOL. OOS rejection. 1077 OOS applicants for 96 seats.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
IS rejected. Good luck to everyone else

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
I was OOS accepted! Just got my packet in the mail!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
To the person saying rejected out of state for 96 seats, they only accept 30ish OOS students. The rest are instate!

Congratulations!!! Did you receive a call before today?

Thank you! I did not receive a phone call so tbh I was expecting the worst

To the person saying rejected out of state for 96 seats, they only accept 30ish OOS students. The rest are instate!
Yes I meant for a total of 96 seats. I dont have the letter in front of me

I was OOS accepted! Just got my packet in the mail!

Congrats! When you say a packet, you mean it wasn't a simple envelope/letter? Our mail doesn't come in until late...

Congrats! When you say a packet, you mean it wasn't a simple envelope/letter? Our mail doesn't come in until late...

Typically small envelope means rejection/wait list
Large manilla packet means acceptance.
Good luck!

Do they mail it to the current address on VMCAS or the permanent?

Adjustments.jpg

This is what it looked like! Just a very large envelope.

IS Accepted!!!! I am so excited! Good luck to everyone still waiting

• Love
IS accepted!! I can't wait to meet my new classmates! And for those of you receiving disappointing news, I was in your shoes 2 years ago. Do NOT give up if this is what you truly want to do!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Did anyone OOS not receive anything in the mail? I just checked and there's no letter.

IS Accepted!!! It has taken me 2 years post undergrad, but I made it!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
IS waitlist.. I'll take it I guess for my first time applying!!

Last edited:
  • Sad
1st time IS I have informed delivery and they scanned a small letter - either rejection or wait list.. saying it was going to be delivered today. Usually mail is here by 12/1pm... been checking every half hour and it’s 3pm here. Admissions office has ability to send PDF copy out, but said that it is most likely too early for them to do that and the earliest you can expect to have emailed PDF copy is Wednesday (and you definitely have to call them to request that and the request has to get approved - 608-263-2525 for anyone who may need this number in a few days). Everyone has been so nice, just wish I was anxious about better news.

1st time IS I have informed delivery and they scanned a small letter - either rejection or wait list.. saying it was going to be delivered today. Usually mail is here by 12/1pm... been checking every half hour and it’s 3pm here. Admissions office has ability to send PDF copy out, but said that it is most likely too early for them to do that and the earliest you can expect to have emailed PDF copy is Wednesday (and you definitely have to call them to request that and the request has to get approved - 608-263-2525 for anyone who may need this number in a few days). Everyone has been so nice, just wish I was anxious about better news.
Mine was small too and I am at least on the waitlist, so keep your head up until you get it!! It will all work out how it should whether it's what we want in this moment or not

Mail for me usually comes between 11:30 and 12:30 and I’m IS and I’ve gotten no mail today either!! I don’t have the informed delivery, but I’m weirded out that the mail never came today!

OOS acceptance! Was not expecting it, especially since there was no mention of it on my USPS daily digest! I live in Ohio. Congrats to everyone who got good news today and good luck to everyone still waiting!

• Love
Congrats to everyone who got in! Any tips for those of us who didn't? I've been working closely with an advisor and drastically improved my application from the first time. I know my GPA is where I fall short, but I have gone back and improved it and have one hell of a story behind why it wasn't stellar. I'm getting a lot of push back on taking classes as I already have my BS and have passed all of the classes. I bring a lot to the table when it comes to diversity and experience. My advisor gave me the green light to apply this cycle and I didn't even make the waitlist. This is my life dream and I've taken quite the journey to get here. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

OOS acceptance!
Will be declining, good luck everyone!

• Love
Congrats to everyone who got in! Any tips for those of us who didn't? I've been working closely with an advisor and drastically improved my application from the first time. I know my GPA is where I fall short, but I have gone back and improved it and have one hell of a story behind why it wasn't stellar. I'm getting a lot of push back on taking classes as I already have my BS and have passed all of the classes. I bring a lot to the table when it comes to diversity and experience. My advisor gave me the green light to apply this cycle and I didn't even make the waitlist. This is my life dream and I've taken quite the journey to get here. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
I don't know if you've ever done it, but meeting with admissions about your application was key for me. I also had to retake classes but I got some dang good experiences in my time off. I know it's not always possible for some, but abroad experiences and research I believe helped my application a lot in addition to improving a couple grades. That's why I recommend meeting with them above all else- everyone's application is different and they'll tailor it to you and all of our stories are different. I know it's really frustrating, so hang in there and don't be afraid to take opportunities as they come!

• Love

Scheduling a meeting to discuss why you were rejected and how to improve your application with Carmen Reamer at UW-MADISON would be my advice! She was extremely helpful last year, and I got accepted to an OOS school this year! I have slightly below average grades and an average gre and she told me not to worry about either. She told me that varied experience is what they look at. At the time I had almost all my vet experience at one place even even though it was a couple thousand hours. Also letters of rec are really important, so make sure you have people that can write well write your letters. This is my personal opinion, but I think at UW the essays are really important since they don’t interview. They really give you a chance to shine and show why this is your life’s dream. I hope this is somewhat helpful! You will succeed if you stick with it!

OOS, rejected. Things keep looking worse and worse for me :(

• Sad
OOS waitlist! Better than the straight up reject I got last year.