UW-Madison SVM c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS waitlisted! #10 though, so still hopeful!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Oven wen seeing different stuff so does anyone know what the in State tuition vs out of state is

Members don't see this ad :)
Oven wen seeing different stuff so does anyone know what the in State tuition vs out of state is

This year, IS tuition is $30,515 and OOS is $49,203. The UW Vet Med website has all this information!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Does UW allow OOS students obtain IS tuition after a year?

Does anyone know typically when OOS waitlisters start being called?

This is my question too!
OOS accepted, didn’t get my letter til today, no call either. Good luck to everyone!!!
I'm planning on emailing several students listed on that yellow paper in the acceptance packet about their experiences w/ the university. If you have any questions you would like me to ask them, pm me!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm planning on emailing several students listed on that yellow paper in the acceptance packet about their experiences w/ the university. If you have any questions you would like me to ask them, pm me!
If you can send me any of the responses that would be helpful!

This would be so helpful, thank you! I don’t think I can make it to the accepted students day so I would have to choose a school potentially sight unseen :eek: which freaks me out a little

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received the pdf version yet? I was told it should come in sometime today.

OOS rejected, but got in to my top two!

Reactions: 3 users
rejection again, hey 3 schools sent me an interview request so I view that as Wisconsin's loss.

Reactions: 2 users
If anybody has any questions, I'm more than happy to answer them!

Additional question: just remembered I hadn’t submitted the FAFSA for Wisconsin yet (went ahead and did it now)... on the student financial aid website for the entire school it says the priority deadline was all the way back in December. Am I screwed? Will they be sending us financial aid packages?

Additional question: just remembered I hadn’t submitted the FAFSA for Wisconsin yet (went ahead and did it now)... on the student financial aid website for the entire school it says the priority deadline was all the way back in December. Am I screwed? Will they be sending us financial aid packages?

Those deadlines are more for undergrad. As long as you do it before you actually start, you will have aid. :)

They sent me an email like the day after I got accepted and apparently I had entered something wrong for my fasfa and they helped me fix it. So, I don't see why that would be a deal breaker.

Are there study abroad opportunities?
They do! It's not something I'm terribly interested in, so I don't tend to pay much attention to it. But I know they have several opportunities available (typically over the summer).

Those deadlines are more for undergrad. As long as you do it before you actually start, you will have aid. :)

Thank you for that info! Do you know if they will send out financial aid awards before the April deadline? And whether there are need based or merit scholarships (for OOS students)?

I forgot all about starting up FAFSA again in my excitement of getting accepted, thank you so much for saying this. Dang reality.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

@Cobyology How do they distribute financial aid and scholarships, any idea of when we would find out about any of that? Also, what are living situations like? We (my SO and I) have two dogs and a cat and would really like to avoid apartment living. We were thinking that it would be great if we could find a farm to live and help out on, we both have farm experience. Do you know of how or where we could find out about living situations other than apartments?

-Thanks!

@Cobyology How do they distribute financial aid and scholarships, any idea of when we would find out about any of that? Also, what are living situations like? We (my SO and I) have two dogs and a cat and would really like to avoid apartment living. We were thinking that it would be great if we could find a farm to live and help out on, we both have farm experience. Do you know of how or where we could find out about living situations other than apartments?

-Thanks!

Financial aid is just based off the FAFSA, similar to undergrad. I found out what the financial aid offer was by late-March. For scholarships, they will have a scholarship application that they will send out to everybody. I found out about any scholarships I received in August.

In terms of living situations, there are various websites where you can look - Abodo, Campusareahousing, Craigslist. Most of us do live in apartments, but there are houses available. As for farm situations, I have absolutely no idea. I'm not sure if anybody else knows about that, it might be worth an email to OAA; it also may just require some of your own research given that it's a special situation.

Does anyone have any apartment recommendations?
A decent number of vet students live at Les Chateaux apartments, myself included. Casa Blanca is another popular option. Abodo and Campusareahousing are two popular websites for finding living.
You also don't need to feel rushed, I didn't sign my lease until June and they still had other units available.

I've decided to decline my OOS seat. Good luck to all waitlisted individuals!! :)

Did you send back the letter, or can we call/email to decline?
I'm sending the letter since they didn't list any other options, but I bet they'll take a phone call or email! It seems like sometimes the schools don't hear back at all and will just have to assume people are declining their seat once April 15th hits, so I'm willing to bet they'll appreciate the call/email rather than nothing.

I'm sending the letter since they didn't list any other options, but I bet they'll take a phone call or email! It seems like sometimes the schools don't hear back at all and will just have to assume people are declining their seat once April 15th hits, so I'm willing to bet they'll appreciate the call/email rather than nothing.
That’s what I was thinking too, but I’m always worried about the letter not showing up haha.
Thanks for your help

Avoid apartments owned by Madison Property Management. I’ve heard horror stories about them.
Can you elaborate? I have an appointment to tour an apartment with them

Has anyone received information regarding the open house yet? I sent an RSVP but haven't heard anything.

Last edited:
Has anyone received information regarding the open house yet? I sent an RSVP but haven't heard anything.

When did you send the RSVP? I received an email the next day stating times etc. :)

When did you send the RSVP? I received an email the next day stating times etc. :)
I RSVP'd on Tuesday last week. I just did it again in case I entered my email wrong, any chance you know general times off the top of your head? I'm just trying to make accommodations for the weekend.

I RSVP'd on Tuesday last week. I just did it again in case I entered my email wrong, any chance you know general times off the top of your head? I'm just trying to make accommodations for the weekend.

Manders, I believe check in is sometime around 12pm and it ends around 4:30pm. I can confirm more when I get home. :)

OOS waitlisted Cali girl!! Second time applicant :) Got my letter today