UW-Madison SVM c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS Rejected today :( Best of luck to the rest of you guys and gals!

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS accepted! I just received my packet today. Will be declining my spot to attend another university. :oops:

Reactions: 1 user
OOS accepted! I just received my packet today. Will be declining my spot to attend another university. :oops:
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what state do you live in? I'm all the way in Florida and not sure how soon my stuff is going to come in:oops:

I just called about getting a pdf and they said they would get it to you by Friday (if you call today) for anyone who hasn't gotten anything in the mail!

Do OOS people who have been accepted mind sharing their stats?

Last edited:
OOS acceptance!!! I didn’t get any sort of call so was expecting the worst.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Overall GPA: 3.62
Science Prerequisite GPA: 3.78
Last 45 GPA: 3.78
GRE (V/Q/W): 150 (48%) / 156 (62%) / 4.5 (82%)

Cumulative GPA. 3.99
Science GPA: 3.96
Last 45: 4.0
GRE (Q/V/W): 159 (70%)/156(73%)/5(92%)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OOS waitlist.

Has anyone else not gotten anything in the mail yet?

It's almost as if they should stop wasting paper and switch to emails

Reactions: 8 users
Is it alphabetical? I'm in milwaukee and still waiting to hear anything. I'd think the usps could get me a letter quicker than this!

A class page has been created for those who are accepted and have decided to attend UW in the Fall! Feel free to join and start meeting your classmates.

Reactions: 3 users
Is it alphabetical? I'm in milwaukee and still waiting to hear anything. I'd think the usps could get me a letter quicker than this!

Same! Im in Illinois so I thought I would hear sooner rather than later.

IS accepted! Can't wait to meet you all! Good luck everyone :)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Overall GPA: 3.98
Science Prerequisite GPA: 3.97
Last 30 GPA: 3.96
GRE (V/Q/W): 156/150/4
Animal Experience: 10,000+ hrs
Veterinary Experience: ~4,200 hrs
Also had quite a bit of research hours and some extracurricular hours.

I also haven't received anything even though many other applicants in my area heard back. I am confused. Admissions said all letters went out at the same time
Me too! I'm also fairly close to Wisconsin, so when they said all the letters went out Friday I thought I would hear back quite soon. Guess that's not the case??

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how much there wait list moved last year? (still haven't heard back btw)

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how much there wait list moved last year? (still haven't heard back btw)

I got waitlisted and in the letter, it said historically the past few years the OOS waitlist moved anywhere from 90 to 150 spots. That is to say, it is hard to predict how much the waitlist will move in a single year because it is highly variable, but that is how much it has moved in the past. I don't know how much it moves for IS though.

Does anyone know if there is a schedule for the open house for applicants at the end of this month?

Does anyone know if there is a schedule for the open house for applicants at the end of this month?
What day is the open house? This doesn't give us OOS much time to plan for flights and accommodations. I haven't even received my letter yet

I got my letter today. IS waitlisted

• Sad
Once you RSVP with the link they have in your letter, they send you an email stating it will go from about 12-4:30. Check in is around 12 and they didn't say much after that.

IS waitlisted. They took 8 off the IS waitlist last year, 5 off the prev year, and 15 off the year before that.

IS rejected. Congratulations to all those who made it. Be grateful every single day.

• Sad
My parents said I received a letter from Wisc in the mail today...Not sure what's inside eek. Will they send info by email by any chance?

My parents said I received a letter from Wisc in the mail today...Not sure what's inside eek. Will they send info by email by any chance?
Unfortunately not without requesting a PDF form of the letter. The only information is in that envelope! If it helps, if is an over sized envelope, that means acceptance. Regular envelopes mean either wait list or rejection. Good Luck!!! Hoping for good news for you! :D