This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ElFutureDDS2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
N/A

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
URM will help, but a 2.1 is far too low. Your DAT score will not make up for it. Probably going to have to hit a post-bacc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Even if you had gotten a perfect score on the DAT, there's no way for it to compensate for a 2.1. You're going to have to a post-bach or masters and to have a realistic chance you're going to have to be busting out 3.9+ every semester. And even if you manage to do that, there's still no guarantee. Only you know if this is doable and worth the risk, but personally I think you should be looking into other careers.

There's URMs getting in with a 2.1 but even then, you'll need to do a postbac. I don't think the math is gonna work out... you might get around 2.7 assuming you get all A's and some schools have a minimum 3.0 GPA requirement. Then shoot for the masters

If dentistry is your dream, go for it. There's a dude who applied SIX times and got in on his sixth try so it is possible, but realistically, a different career is in order.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all, thanks for the feedback. What I plan to do is take classes in the fall and apply to a master's program for the spring. I will definitely be sure to get A's from here on out. Its going to be hard work, but nothing comes easy. If I have good fall grades and a high master's GPA, coupled with my DAT, will that be proof that I have overcame my obstacles? TIA.

Reactions: 1 user