This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Keep VMCAS talk in its own thread?

• Yes, I would like a consolidated source for my VMCAS questions and rants

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • No, I am happy to keep VMCAS discussion in the c/o 2022 hopefuls thread

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters
Got verified today, submitted on 9/8, felt the wave of jitters and excitement. All that's left is KSU getting my supplemental processed.
That makes me nervous seeing as I submitted on 9/3/17 and am not verified yet. Maybe they don't necessarily go in chronological order. Good thing they extended the deadline!

Members don't see this ad.

That makes me nervous seeing as I submitted on 9/3/17 and am not verified yet. Maybe they don't necessarily go in chronological order. Good thing they extended the deadline!
You don't necessarily have to be verified by the deadline, just submitted. You should be fine!
And for verification, all 3 required elors, all transcripts, and your payments have to be in before you get put in line for verification, so potentially you were still waiting on an elor and they had theirs all in and that's why they got theirs first. Could be other reasons like they had less transcripts, but I don't think you should be worried that yours is taking longer, since they said it could take up to 4 weeks.

AHHHHHHH... The scariness, happiness, stress and relief all felt at the same moment is overwhelming right now. Just pressed the submit button, no going back now! Goodluck to everyone else finishing up last minute things!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Last-minute submitter here! Quick question (this may be dumb, but I really can't find the answer anywhere!). When we designate prereqs in the Program Materials section of the app, are we supposed to select all courses that apply, or just some (the minimum)? For example, if a school requires a minimum of 12 humanities credits, do I need to go through and select every humanities course I've taken? Thanks everyone!

Last-minute submitter here! Quick question (this may be dumb, but I really can't find the answer anywhere!). When we designate prereqs in the Program Materials section of the app, are we supposed to select all courses that apply, or just some (the minimum)? For example, if a school requires a minimum of 12 humanities credits, do I need to go through and select every humanities course I've taken? Thanks everyone!
When I applied (last year), I asked several schools and they all said ONLY ONE. But, it could vary from school to school.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...Hold the phone...

So, I spent a bunch of time perfecting my essays to the point that I'm happy with them, making them 1000 words...and I go to paste them into the VMCAS boxes and it's not 1000 words, but 1000 CHARACTERS?!?!

I'm so pissed! Are you serious?! How the hell do you condense down to that little?!?!
I did the SAME thing last year when there was a personal statement. I thought it was 4000 words, tried to enter it, realized it was 4000 characters, condensed it and tried to enter it again......then realized that character limit included spaces. I was so annoyed.

Reactions: 1 user
I know that the deadline has technically been extended.....but I just submitted my app last night. Do you guys think it hurts your chances at all to be submitting it this late? Like *technically* everything is in on time, but I just wonder if it effects how the schools look at my app.

I really tried to get everything in earlier this year, but all of the essays the schools on my list were asking for this year really killed me :cryi:

I know that the deadline has technically been extended.....but I just submitted my app last night. Do you guys think it hurts your chances at all to be submitting it this late? Like *technically* everything is in on time, but I just wonder if it effects how the schools look at my app.

I really tried to get everything in earlier this year, but all of the essays the schools on my list were asking for this year really killed me :cryi:
Your app just has to be submitted by the deadline, not verified. So even if the deadline was still 11:59pm EST today you would be fine.

There are a few schools that do rolling admissions (I think Midwestern, Ross and SGU are the only ones), but my understanding is that submitting later to them just means it will take longer for you to hear something, it doesn't necessarily decrease your chances. Most if not all of the others wait until after the deadline to start reviewing applications, so it doesn't really matter. I think VMCAS has said before that every year the majority of people submit within the last week or two!

Silly question... but can you add a new evaluator after submitting your application to VMCAS? I'm not talking about one that was already requested, but not completed. I mean like add a completely new request/evaluator after the app is submitted.
I think you can. I can at least access that piece of info it's not locked after I submitted

Hi all!

I've sent out all my evaluation requests before I submitted my app and 2 out of the 3 were able to complete theirs but the 3rd one said they were unable to access the form. When they click on the link, my name didn't show up as requesting and evaluation at all. I've tried resending the request several times and they have tried different browsers but they are still unable to access the forms.

I have already contacted VMCAS about this issue and I'm waiting for a response but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Can someone tell me if the VMCAS sends you an email once your application is verified, just as they sent them immediately when an evaluation was submitted or a transcript was received? I have been stalking my own VMCAS page probably 25 times a day and wondered if maybe the obsessive checking is unwarranted. :nailbiting:

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone tell me if the VMCAS sends you an email once your application is verified, just as they sent them immediately when an evaluation was submitted or a transcript was received? I have been stalking my own VMCAS page probably 25 times a day and wondered if maybe the obsessive checking is unwarranted. :nailbiting:
Yes, last year they sent me an email when it was verified. I would assume this year they would do the same!

Yes, last year they sent me an email when it was verified. I would assume this year they would do the same!

Alright, well I guess I can stop wasting half my day continuously checking haha. Thanks.

I know this is kind of an old question, but if it's any reassurance, I submitted my application pretty late in the cycle and got accepted to 4 schools. I really don't think it has any effect at all, except for maybe the schools with rolling admissions, who constantly send out invites and acceptances. I know LMU was doing that, but I'm not sure if they still are or what other schools do it (the island schools? some others?)

I know this is kind of an old question, but if it's any reassurance, I submitted my application pretty late in the cycle and got accepted to 4 schools. I really don't think it has any effect at all, except for maybe the schools with rolling admissions, who constantly send out invites and acceptances. I know LMU was doing that, but I'm not sure if they still are or what other schools do it (the island schools? some others?)
Thank you! That is definitely reassuring :)

Hi all, I'm still nervously waiting on my application to verify. Does anyone know if I'll be able to correct any mistakes (if they come up) this late in the game? Just getting a little worried that its still not verified, but I do have 5 transcripts that need verification. Thanks

We were just discussing this on the 2022 hopefuls thread... Based on communication I had with VMCAS, I think the answer is yes. I received an email on 9/25 indicating that I needed to make corrections and that I had one week to fix them (so, 10/2, or 3 days past the deadline).

Per VMCAS' help center, if you have to make corrections and then re-submit your application: "Redelivery of your application does not change your submission date, but it does affect the date your application is considered complete. Contact your programs to determine any effects this may have on your application."

2 questions for the evaluations:
1) Do I need to designate which of my evaluations are vets? I know they do on TMDSAS, but I didn't see anything on the form, but I know that most (if not all) schools require at least one veterinarian to give a recommendation. Is that just something that would appear on their end, or should we inform them to include that in the letter?
2) Do we need to put anything in particular in the personal message section? I just put an extra "thank you" with some extra information. I personally didn't include my contact info because I have established contact with all of my references (I'm still active with all of them and will be before the application is due).
This section honestly kind honestly kind of confused me just because I would imagine that you would be giving the whole "thank you" spiel when you ask for the reference (where I also imagine it would be more meaningful).
Sorry if I went on a tangent on this post. Just trying to make everything as close to perfect as I can get it.
Good luck everyone!

2 questions for the evaluations:
1) Do I need to designate which of my evaluations are vets? I know they do on TMDSAS, but I didn't see anything on the form, but I know that most (if not all) schools require at least one veterinarian to give a recommendation. Is that just something that would appear on their end, or should we inform them to include that in the letter?
2) Do we need to put anything in particular in the personal message section? I just put an extra "thank you" with some extra information. I personally didn't include my contact info because I have established contact with all of my references (I'm still active with all of them and will be before the application is due).
This section honestly kind honestly kind of confused me just because I would imagine that you would be giving the whole "thank you" spiel when you ask for the reference (where I also imagine it would be more meaningful).
Sorry if I went on a tangent on this post. Just trying to make everything as close to perfect as I can get it.
Good luck everyone!

1). I'm not sure about the TMDSAS but on VMCAS their should be a section for designating the title for your evaluators if I remember correctly. So it would be like PhD, DVM, etc.

2). Are you talking about the part where you put in information for your evaluators? I think the contact info is your evaluators' contact info and not your own..?

1). I'm not sure about the TMDSAS but on VMCAS their should be a section for designating the title for your evaluators if I remember correctly. So it would be like PhD, DVM, etc.

2). Are you talking about the part where you put in information for your evaluators? I think the contact info is your evaluators' contact info and not your own..?
There's a section listed as "personal message to your evaluator". They have a seperate section for your contact's email.

There's a section listed as "personal message to your evaluator". They have a seperate section for your contact's email.
Ahh right. Yes I remember now. Honestly a simple “Thank you” should be fine imo. The best thing you could do is maybe follow up with a thank you card after everything is submitted if you really want to do something.