Washington State University c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you guys mind me asking if you’re IS or OOS? And if IS, are you Washington residents or part of WIMU?
Congratulations on the good news, best of luck in those interviews!

Reactions: 1 user
Do you guys mind me asking if you’re IS or OOS? And if IS, are you Washington residents or part of WIMU?
I'm in state and a Washington resident.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if OOS also heard today or if we hear at a later date?? Thank you :))

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Jan 22nd at 11:15am!!! Woohoo!! Good luck everyone! :- )

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations to everyone on their interviews. I’m a student ambassador so I’ll likely be around when you interview. And if you have any questions all of the students are generally pretty willing to share, so just ask.

Does anyone know if OOS also heard today or if we hear at a later date?? Thank you :))

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
OOS heard last year between Dec 3rd and 28th for interview/deny. Rejections were by snail mail so they were a bit late as final decisions were made by the 19th, I think.

Last edited:
January 21st, 11:45am interview!!! IS, first time applicant, am SO incredibly excited and thrilled to hopefully meet some of you there!!

Reactions: 5 users

I’m also in-state Washington resident

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if all rejection letters from WSU are sent out via snail mail? I'm in-state and have still yet to receive a interview invite so I'm wondering if I should assume I've been rejected.
Don't worry, they don't send all the interview invites on one day. Usually people get an email and letter if they're invited to interview. I think they also do that if you aren't offered an interview, though I'm not certain.

Does anyone know if all rejection letters from WSU are sent out via snail mail? I'm in-state and have still yet to receive a interview invite so I'm wondering if I should assume I've been rejected.
Rejections are sent via snail mail :( but I think in the past there have been multiple waves of invites sent out? I could be wrong but I wouldn't lose hope yet!

I got an email today and I have an interview on January 21st at 8am!! So excited!

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS heard last year between Dec 3rd and 28th for interview/deny. Rejections were by snail mail so they were a bit late as final decisions were made by the 19th, I think.

Ugh the wait is killing me! Time has never moved so slowly!

I just got an early decision offer!!
AZ WICHE applicant, can post other stats if anyone is interested.
I’m so excited, I love this school!

Reactions: 15 users
Was it an email or call? please post your stats!!! Huge congratulations to you! That is so exciting! :)

I received an interview 11/13 and my interview is set for January 21st at 11:45am. I am a WA resident. I am very excited!

Was it an email or call? please post your stats!!! Huge congratulations to you! That is so exciting! :)

It was a call! They also said to expect something in through snail mail as well. My portal is not updated, though.

I'll update with stats when I'm near my computer. :)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Congratulations @DishonorOnUrCow!

I also got a phone call about an early decision offer! I’m also an AZ WICHE applicant.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Hey guys! Long-time lurker of sdn. This is my first application cycle, AZ WICHE applicant and I just received an acceptance call from Washington as well! 100% was not expecting it at all! Congrats to the other acceptances/interview offers!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Just got a call from Stacy!! Early acceptance NR offer! WICHE, NM student. Beyond excited!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
That's amazing y'all! Get it!! Do they do early acceptance for WICHE only?

YAY congrats everyone!!

That's amazing y'all! Get it!! Do they do early acceptance for WICHE only?
Yes. Early acceptances are reserved for WICHE applicants only as far as I know.

I just got an early decision offer!!
AZ WICHE applicant, can post other stats if anyone is interested.
I’m so excited, I love this school!

Congratulations! I just got an early decision offer today too! I am so excited WSU is one of my top choices!
NV WICHE applicant :)

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Congrats to all of my fellow WICHE-ers! @jenjen2020 @futuretigervet @TwinkieChi @mammalade hope we get to be classmates! Good luck to those interviewing!

For my stats:
-First-time applicant
-Might be considered non-trad? Graduated 3+ years ago with a B.S. in Vet Sci
-Currently work in research, going on 7 years
-GRE: 81% writing, 83% verbal, 56% analytical (there's hope for my fellow math haters haha)
-Overall GPA: 3.88; Sci GPA: 3.81
-LORs from 3 vets, 2 academics, and my P.I.
-Thousands of animal hours (4H, FFA, farming background)
-4000+ veterinary hours
-Essays heavily focused on public health

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats guys!! :D:cool:

Ugh still have about 10+ days until Utah hears any news. My stomach is in knots, the wait is unreal.

Congrats guys!! :D:cool:

Ugh still have about 10+ days until Utah hears any news. My stomach is in knots, the wait is unreal.

Utah resident here, and they must be staying late tonight. Just got an interview invite for the Logan campus on January 14th!! Happy dance!! :hardy:

The wait shouldn't be much longer! You got this!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
IS interview 01/14 Logan campus

• Love
Trying to not give up hope, but I also want to be practical. Utah only had 20 in state slots so do you think they sent out all their invites yesterday afternoon? Or is there still hope.... any insight @MixedAnimals77 ?? Or would it be safe to say if I dont receive anything by the end of next week then it probably means I'm waiting on the dreaded snail mail?

Trying to not give up hope, but I also want to be practical. Utah only had 20 in state slots so do you think they sent out all their invites yesterday afternoon? Or is there still hope.... any insight @MixedAnimals77 ?? Or would it be safe to say if I dont receive anything by the end of next week then it probably means I'm waiting on the dreaded snail mail?

Would they look at you as WICHE or non-sponsored as well?

Unfortunately as a Utah resident, your application is only for the Logan campus.

Ya I assumed so, just not sure if they have sent out all of their invites to Utah applicants or if there is still a chance.

Does anyone know if WSU has any rules about deferring acceptance to their veterinary school. I am currently in the U.S. Army Reserves and there is always a chance to get sent somewhere. Just curious.

Ya I assumed so, just not sure if they have sent out all of their invites to Utah applicants or if there is still a chance.

I wouldn't give up any hope quite yet! :happy: Their invite showed up far later than I would have expected for a Friday night. It's entirely possible they stayed late to get a few extras out and plan on picking back up on Monday. For what it's worth, both LG012 and I are scheduled for the 14th. That leaves the entire 15th still open for invites as far as we know!!

There's always a chance until you're explicitly told otherwise, and two random data points on an internet forum are irrelevant to your application. If it helps to ease your worries at all, for the past three years WSU has interviewed anywhere between 56-71% of all Utah applicants. That's better odds than flipping a coin!

As mentioned above, they are very nice and helpful if you do send off an email or two with questions. :)

Sorry I don't know anything about Utah or Montana side of things :( Hoping you hear good news soon.
Does anyone know if WSU has any rules about deferring acceptance to their veterinary school. I am currently in the U.S. Army Reserves and there is always a chance to get sent somewhere. Just curious.
Definitely ask! One of my classmates is in army reserves. He makes it work. It's difficult sometimes for him, but check into it!

Just got my interview packet in the mail! It got sent to my mom in western WA but I'm in the east coast for school so I made her take pics and send me it :happy: hoping I'm not the only IS struggling to fly back to WA for interviews heheh

Last edited:
Is everyone who is receiving invites, IS or WICHE?? Because I’m OOS and haven’t heard anything so I’m assuming it’s later for us??

Is everyone who is receiving invites, IS or WICHE?? Because I’m OOS and haven’t heard anything so I’m assuming it’s later for us??

I believe they send out WICHE acceptances first (w/o an interview), then IS interview invites, then OOS interview invites!

WICHE applicants check your snail mail. I just received a non-resident interview offer. If my state decides to sponsor me as a WICHE student then I will automatically be accepted, if not then I have the opportunity to interview for a non-resident applicant position.

IS interview 01/21 Pullman campus Idaho Resident. So excited!!! Congrats to everyone who has heard back with invites so far!! :)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Got the dreaded 'we regret to inform you' letter today. I knew my chances weren't great going in, but it still is a pretty hard pill to swallow. Definitely applying next year and definitely to more than just 1 school. To those who are in the same boat as me dont give up! I work with great doctors that had to go through 2 and 3 cycles to make it in. I requested an application review, so I'm going to figure out what I need to work on and try again. Congrats to those who made it through, you guys are going to do great things!

• Sad
Got the dreaded 'we regret to inform you' letter today. I knew my chances weren't great going in, but it still is a pretty hard pill to swallow. Definitely applying next year and definitely to more than just 1 school. To those who are in the same boat as me dont give up! I work with great doctors that had to go through 2 and 3 cycles to make it in. I requested an application review, so I'm going to figure out what I need to work on and try again. Congrats to those who made it through, you guys are going to do great things!

Awe, sorry to hear that. Definitely apply to multiple schools next year! It’s best not to put all your eggs in one basket. Best of luck to you :)

• Sad
Got my rejection yesterday :( I am an in state applicant

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users