West Virginia (WVSOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks and good luck!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I know that it is very hard to judge and even harder to estimate, however, the member above said that he was 99% sure that he was going to withdraw from WVSOM. Have the other alternates heard anything back regarding said open spot? I am just trying to gauge how long it really takes after a spot has become available for them to review the list and select an applicant.

Doesn't sound like much is going on. No news here. Sorry, this post is more of a bump than anything. I'm curious if the rollover applicants will be the only ones that they are looking to pull from from here on out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I'm looking for a female roommate! Please message me if you're interested =]

Withdrew my seat as well. Hears to hoping I make one SDNers 4th of July one heck of a holiday.

I know that i wrote on this thread last month saying I was withdrawing - well I officially just sent my withdrawal email to WVSOM. It was definitely a tough decision but I hope one of you alternates gets my spot!

Hey all, I got the call I have been waiting for all year. Good luck to everyone!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh good! See you in about three weeks. :)

Sorry for not saying earlier. But I was also non-rollover waitlisted.

So there is movement. Just keep praying.

WVSOM 2017
!:D:D:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! Now I have to find a place to live, and get everything else done soon :)

Yes. Do you have an email account yet? Get your financial aid done asap, like Monday, because Monday is the deadline for the promissary note for the Perkins loan. You have to fill out a note separate from the official government one.

Yes. Do you have an email account yet? Get your financial aid done asap, like Monday, because Monday is the deadline for the promissary note for the Perkins loan. You have to fill out a note separate from the official government one.

I checked and I don't see any information for an email address in my email or the online portal. I think I have to send my deposit in, in order to get the email account. I am hoping I can finish my financial aid by tomorrow, if they don't require an email address for wvsom.

I checked and I don't see any information for an email address in my email or the online portal. I think I have to send my deposit in, in order to get the email account. I am hoping I can finish my financial aid by tomorrow, if they don't require an email address for wvsom.

Ahh, yeah, that would do that. Maybe the financial aid office can make an exception, make sure you call on Monday and ask.:cool:

can't tell you how often i would check this to see if and when a spot opened up, but got the call this morning. Taken off the non-rollover alternate! Good luck to everyone else. Keep hope alive!

can't tell you how often i would check this to see if and when a spot opened up, but got the call this morning. Taken off the non-rollover alternate! Good luck to everyone else. Keep hope alive!

Yay. See you soon. :)

Does rollover mean that one can be accepted into the following year's class instead of the class that was applied to?

Ex. apply this year for the class of 2018, but get an offer for class of 2019? Trying to learn the process...

Just got the call today while on my lunch break!!!!!

I am so excited. I had things lined up with a grad program because I had almost lost hope. I cannot wait to start. Now all I need to do is find a place to live, move my stuff down, and get settle.....all before orientation..in a week!!! And I live in wisconsin! I have my work cut out for me, but it is so worth it!!!

I cannot wait!

Hey guys I am in need of an apartment ASAP, considering we all start on thursday!!!

Does anyone know of any nice but affordable ones that are still available? I know that narrows it down lol.

Thanks so much

Just got the call today accepted off non-rollover wait list. I Need an apartment PM<THANKS>

Does rollover mean that one can be accepted into the following year's class instead of the class that was applied to?

Ex. apply this year for the class of 2018, but get an offer for class of 2019? Trying to learn the process...

Can someone explain this to me? I just want to make sure I am understanding this correctly.

For all those who just found out yesterday, anyone looking to get a 2 bedroom apartment?

Can someone explain this to me? I just want to make sure I am understanding this correctly.
Yeah the roll over acceptance basically means you won't get in the fall of the year you applied (unless they have an opening) but you will have a seat for the following fall without having to interview again.

It is a case by case basis of course.

Yeah the roll over acceptance basically means you won't get in the fall of the year you applied (unless they have an opening) but you will have a seat for the following fall without having to interview again.

It is a case by case basis of course.

Got the call last night. Dropping everything and coming to orientation on Thursday. That's the right attitude for medical school, right? I'm joining the Facebook group but obviously I'm looking for housing if anybody wants to PM me.
See you soon!

question for the people with interviews. did u send you LOR before you received an interview or after ?

yay, first interview invite for me! I freaked out because i missed the call (went straight to voicemail) but I'll be interviewing on Dec. 6th!

yay, first interview invite for me! I freaked out because i missed the call (went straight to voicemail) but I'll be interviewing on Dec. 6th!
When were you complete and can you pls share your stats?