Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats on the invite!My letters were classified incorrectly so I called and she told me she was about to invite me to interview! I was shocked haha
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats on the invite!My letters were classified incorrectly so I called and she told me she was about to invite me to interview! I was shocked haha
This.This is how I feel inside right meow.
yeah i had my decision deferred initially. But now I scheduled for an II in Oct now.Has anyone had their status change yet after receiving a status of "decision deferred"?
Awesome! Thank you.yeah i had my decision deferred initially. But now I scheduled for an II in Oct now.
Sorry to hear that. Keep your head up, more good things will come!Just got a rejection letter in the mail. Thought my interview went pretty well though. Guess not.
MCAT 27
GPA- 3.7
sGPA- 3.6
Decent ECs
When I checked online, it still said decision pending though.
Sorry to hear that. Keep your head up, more good things will come!
Super 8 is super cheap no pun intended, and is about a quarter mile from the school!Congrats to those who have been accepted!
For those that have interviewed here and have this info, could you please chime in on the cheapest hotel/motel within 15 mins from campus?
Super 8 is super cheap no pun intended, and is about a quarter mile from the school!
I stayed at the holiday inn, 3 min drive from campus and $89 a night.Congrats to those who have been accepted!
For those that have interviewed here and have this info, could you please chime in on the cheapest hotel/motel within 15 mins from campus?
Just got a rejection letter in the mail. Thought my interview went pretty well though. Guess not.
MCAT 27
GPA- 3.7
sGPA- 3.6
Decent ECs
When I checked online, it still said decision pending though.
If there's one thing I've learned about admissions in medical school this year (besides the fact that I never want to have to do this again...) it's that it seems like a complete crap shoot 99% of the time. Keep digging, there's a seat meant for you somewhere!Just got a rejection letter in the mail. Thought my interview went pretty well though. Guess not.
MCAT 27
GPA- 3.7
sGPA- 3.6
Decent ECs
When I checked online, it still said decision pending though.
Excellent write up! I want to add that anyone interviewing should also check out the Stardust cafe in lewisburg, they have amazing food that is locally sourced.Good morning everyone, I interviewed on the 17th and I’m just now getting free time to post about my trip. I took as many pictures of Lewisburg as I could, and I’ve uploaded them to an album for everyone to be able to look at. http://s470.photobucket.com/user/Gentay/library/West Virginia. I also wanted to add how cool and friendly the 7 other interviewees were. I stayed nearby at the Quality Inn, breakfast was good, had a bar and grill built right into the hotel, and the sheets were clean.
The town is actually small, it felt like everything was in a 10 minute drive. I visited: Lost World Caverns, an underground cavern that is a self guided tour and the shop has some dinosaur fossils, Smooth Ambler Spirits, a distillery that specializes in making whiskey (if you have “youlook16butarereally25itis, you might want to have your ID handy, I know I needed it often), Carnegie Hall and an Old Presperterian Church. The roads are small and curvy, and because of all the trees, I was 5 deer on my whole trip hanging out near the road.
The admissions staff said you are most welcome to check out the school at your leisure, so you don’t need to be cautious about a security guard giving you a hard time as you’re taking pictures. If you want to buy a souvenir mug like I did, the bookstore is in the main building. Head through the main door, and you’ll see two sets of stairs leading to the same spot, the store is right up those steps. When you are about to interview, park anywhere in the parking lot but be mindful of dump trucks. They are doing some construction on one of the buildings in order to double its size. You’ll want to head down a hill and go into a small building, (it’s picture #4 in the album) and go in the side that faces the main building. Once you go in, you’ll meet your Am and PM groups, not to mention, some of the nicest admissions staff I’ve ever met. You did need to sign a confidentiality agreement in order to do you SAE or 2 5 minute mini interview. You’ll get some good instructions before you begin and after working with so many attorneys for so many years, gag orders and confidentiality agreements freak me out, and that’s all I’ll be saying on them. The staff did mention how proud they were of students for being respectful when they spoke online about their mini interview.
I think this is everything, if I remember anything else, I’ll just edit it in. Good luck future interviewers!
Sorry to hear that man! Those are great stats you deserve more. Mind telling me when you got the interview?
Mine was only about 20 mins and I was accepted. Hard to read unfortunately.Can anyone tell me any signs an interview went well here? I keep replaying the interview over and over in my head and need some sort of peace of mind.
Congrats Relebdocs! Any advice for the interview? I am interviewing here this FridayACCEPTED!!!!! :*)
Both a 30 minute personal interview as well as SAE after the interviewI don't get it. So the interview only consists of the SAE? Or do they also ask you questions like why this school? why medicine?
I am part of the PM group, so I believe my SAE will be prior to the one on one interview. If I am part of the PM group, should I arrive a little before 10?Both a 30 minute personal interview as well as SAE after the interview
Congrats Relebdocs! Any advice for the interview? I am interviewing here this Friday
CONGRATS MY MAN!!!!Also accepted!!! Is this real life???? I checked my status online and sure enough: Accept Applicant = heart left thoracic cavity and is currently 30,000 feet above sea level.
Told ya, it's so hard to judge that interview!!!ACCEPTED!!!!! :*)
ACCEPTED!!!!! :*)
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.