-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
West Virginia (WVSOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015
Started by DOthreads
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Can you explain more about how second year works?
Well guys good luck, on the interviews. I was accepted from last years alternate list after a late application and hope things go smoother for everyone getting things done early in the cycle. Hope to see you at WVSOM next year, if you have any questions about anything feel free to ask.
Can you explain more about how second year works?
(Sorry if I Replied to you message too many time having some trouble)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes it felt like a conversation nothing to worry about theyre all very nice and welcoming there 🙂ok thank you. It really is stressing me out. How are the interviews? Are they more conversational or full though questions?
Great! Thank youYes it felt like a conversation nothing to worry about theyre all very nice and welcoming there 🙂
I'm interviewing on Oct 8. I will be getting a hotel room at the holiday inn in lewisburg. If anyone is interested in sharing a room and splitting the cost let me know. I realize its a bit odd sharing a room with a guy you don't know but it saves us a few bucks. I'll be arriving Oct 7 and checking out Oct 8.
rejected. snail mail.
Post interview? Sorry JD, someone will snag you though @hopeful-student
.
Last edited:
It's a little windy, but I drove in a pretty heavy storm and it still wasn't too bad. Quick drive and when the sun is out it's beautifulCan anyone comment on the road conditions (traffic conditions, steep hills, turns, etc)? I'll be driving from charleston wv taking I 64 down to Lewisburg.
Can anyone comment on the road conditions (traffic conditions, steep hills, turns, etc)? I'll be driving from charleston wv taking I 64 down to Lewisburg.
There's a toll-booth or two, so bring $5 for both ways (it won't be quite that much). After you head east past Beckley, you will be heading down some hills and mountains with curves. It's possible to take these at speed limit in good weather, but you should take your time and enjoy the beautiful scenery... I-64 in the fall is awesome. The roads themselves are well maintained, and if there's snow, they do a good job of plowing/salting... toll booth money at work.
Completely blown away by this school. Nice campus, great facilities, and beautiful mountains (well hills at least). The 50K tuition is well worth it in my opinion. Hopefully I get an acceptance, so far my worst of 3 interviews in my opinion. Choke!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Last edited:
Yeah, not get a bit emotional when they asked me about my twin girls being in the NICU. Kind of embarrassing.Bummer, anything you wish you could/would have done differently?
Dying to hear from them... interviewed two Mondays ago and they said 2 weeks!
That's a perfectly valid reason to be emotional, if anything it shows you're human and would be an empathetic physician. 🙂 Good luck!Yeah, not get a bit emotional when they asked me about my twin girls being in the NICU. Kind of embarrassing.
You should see if you have a status change in the portal, I interviewed on the 26th and my portal changed to accepted on the 30th. The admissions committee meets every Tuesday, and then I got my letter on October 2nd.Dying to hear from them... interviewed two Mondays ago and they said 2 weeks!
I have been, no change. Just hoping it's not bad news!
Well don't worry, when I was there they said that they were pretty backed up, and I am sure as the weeks have progressed, its not really helped their situation out. Hoping for good news for you soon!I have been, no change. Just hoping it's not bad news!
.
Last edited:
Just remember they have two or three admissions counselors who go through each app by hand. I would wait it out a bit more then call if you're still worried!It's been about a month since I submitted my secondary here and not a word, is it worth giving a call? (Stats: 3.3/28 OOS)
Blown away by the cost for out of state students. I think it is the most expensive of any osteopathic schools for out of state. Very nice administration. I have to be honest, the interview was the most stressful of any that I have been to. This could have been my fault also. 7 hour drive back home and in the middle of exams for Grad school. Just wanted to get back home to study etc. If you are instate, a great school and I liked the location but not where I was meant to go. When I got home, had acceptance in the mail from another school. Meant to be............................ Good luck to all who will be in the class of 2019. We all share a common thread as osteopathic physicians!!
Is EZ-Pass accepted at the toll booths? I'll be interviewing here soon!Hi all,
I'm from WV and just wanted to wish everyone luck as well as mention that if anyone is driving up from the north, there are tolls on the way to Lewisburg, so remember to bring cash!
Yup I remember seeing EZ-Pass being accepted on I64Is EZ-Pass accepted at the toll booths? I'll be interviewing here soon!
Yay! Thanks 🙂 Minor detail, I know, but still good to know!Yup I remember seeing EZ-Pass being accepted on I64
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Booo still no decision from my 9/29 interview.
Did you get an email saying your interview was completed?Booo still no decision from my 9/29 interview.
Yes the day after my interview!Did you get an email saying your interview was completed?
ACCEPTED!
Accepted as well!
Has anyone received an interview invite after being placed on hold? If so, did you send them an update? Thank you!
Yay!!!! I interview Oct 22! Woot woot. The wait is killing me!ACCEPTED!
Congrats 🙂. When were you interviewed btw?Accepted! 🙂
Does anyone know if WVSOM lets you know if they've decided not to send you a secondary? I've been verified since 10/01, so I'm assuming they're not. I'm also from Texas without local ties to WV, so that's understandable.
Does anyone know if WVSOM lets you know if they've decided not to send you a secondary? I've been verified since 10/01, so I'm assuming they're not. I'm also from Texas without local ties to WV, so that's understandable.
WVSOM sends you a primary app received e-mail, and within that e-mail it tells you how to go about filling out the secondary. For this cycle, everyone submits a secondary, but only those invited for the interview will pay the fee. Do you have a release date next to the school on your AACOMAS? Being verified, and applications being released to schools are 2 different things.
WVSOM sends you a primary app received e-mail, and within that e-mail it tells you how to go about filling out the secondary. For this cycle, everyone submits a secondary, but only those invited for the interview will pay the fee. Do you have a release date next to the school on your AACOMAS? Being verified, and applications being released to schools are 2 different things.
Interesting! Thanks for that info! That was really helpful. My app was released on 10/09. Do you know how long WVSOM takes to send you an email? And this also means I should probably start drafting stuff for the secondary...
Interesting! Thanks for that info! That was really helpful. My app was released on 10/09. Do you know how long WVSOM takes to send you an email? And this also means I should probably start drafting stuff for the secondary...
I received my e-mail on 9/18/14, and my app was released the same day. I would check your spam/junk mail folder to be sure it is not in there.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received my e-mail on 9/18/14, and my app was released the same day. I would check your spam/junk mail folder to be sure it is not in there.
Yeah, I've been checking, but nothing still. Do you think I should wait it out or shoot them an email?
For those of you who were just accepted, here is the link to the facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/815430985148451/
Yeah, I've been checking, but nothing still. Do you think I should wait it out or shoot them an email?
I would wait a couple more days, but maybe pre-write your secondary in the meantime. I don't think it would hurt to shoot them a friendly e-mail though, I have had nothing but positive experiences in dealing with this school.
I would wait a couple more days, but maybe pre-write your secondary in the meantime. I don't think it would hurt to shoot them a friendly e-mail though, I have had nothing but positive experiences in dealing with this school.
Gotcha. Thanks again for being so helpful!
I interviewed on Oct 3! How about you?Congrats 🙂. When were you interviewed btw?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 130
- Views
- 28K
- Replies
- 373
- Views
- 81K
- Replies
- 376
- Views
- 77K
- Replies
- 137
- Views
- 40K