Western c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wolfie<3

c/o 2024!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!

I don't see a thread started for Western this cycle!!!!!!

Question: I noticed there was a separate secondary application in the c/o 2023 thread- is there not one besides the small questionnaire on the VMCAS application this year? Don't see anything mentioned on Westerns website.
UPDATE: They emailed me back, no secondary application this year.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
How soon after submitting you vmcas app did you hear from Western to let you know they received it?

How soon after submitting you vmcas app did you hear from Western to let you know they received it?

I submitted on VMCAS August 29th, was verified September 4th, Western said they got everything September 10th and yesterday they told me my app was sent to the committee for review! Hope this helps

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Submitted on VMCAS on September 9th, Verified on September 12th - Western sent me portal on September 17th saying app received. This morning, September 20th, they have sent my app to the committee for review! :)

Does anyone know when we will hear about interviews? From what I could tell they are held in October/November so I would think very soon so we can plan but I am not sure

Does anyone know when we will hear about interviews? From what I could tell they are held in October/November so I would think very soon so we can plan but I am not sure
Seems like anytime between now and november!! Holding my breath... :nailbiting:

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone not heard from them at all? I was verified on the 2nd of September.

I haven't heard from them at all and I was verified September 18th. I emailed the admissions councilor but haven't heard back yes.

I was verified on September 12
They reached out on September 17th, asking for a syllabus for my organic chem lecture -- I sent syllabus on Sept 18th
I got an email from them September 20th saying my application was sent for committee review.

I applied end of August and got the received email two days later! Then I got the committee review email the day after that!

I was verified in August, got sent an email in mid September that they needed an additional piece of documentation by October 7th. Seems as though they got it ok since I just recently got the email that my app has been sent in for committee review. Look for that email by the 7th everyone! If you don’t receive that within the next day or so I’d check in and ask if they need anything.

Just received email for interview invite! OOS applicant

Just received email for interview invite! OOS applicant
Congrats!! Oh my gosh, so it begins....

What interview dates did they offer you? Also, when did you submit your app and when did your app go into committee review if you don't mind me asking?

Members don't see this ad :)
In state interview invite here!! There were two Saturday’s and one Monday available when I last checked. They’re in late October/early November

Just got my interview offer! Was sent to committee last week and offered today. Interviewing as early as the last weekend of THIS month. Oct.

Congrats!! Oh my gosh, so it begins....

What interview dates did they offer you? Also, when did you submit your app and when did your app go into committee review if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you! I submitted July 15th, was sent to committee review August 15th (I don’t know if it was because they don’t start reviewing until then) and got the interview today! For 10/26, 10/28, or 11/2 and you get a choice between 7:15am or 12:15 start

Congrats to everyone getting interviews ;)
My app still hasn’t gone to committee yet, but if I get an interview I will share it with you as well!!

Fingers crossed more interview invited go out this week! Driving myself nuts checking my email

For those who might be worried, my app took a lot longer to get processed than most who have posted here.
8/15 app was submitted
8/20 went to committee review
10/4 interview invite!
11/2 interview date

Sighs.... I had an email notification this morning, from Western............and it was the generic "Join us at WesternU Preview, and learn more about all we have to offer at Western University of Health Sciences. "

Thanks for the heart attack Western. :eyebrow:

Do they email saying we did not get an interview?
I think many decisions for interviews are still being sent out so I doubt they will send rejections to interviews this early.

I called this morning and was told that when we are sent to committee or sent an email letting us know we are missing something depends on when we submitted our application. I guess that's why they told us at preview day that we shouldn't wait until close to the deadline o_O, I was hoping to let my work know when to expect me going for an interview. She just said that if anything was missing they would email us so I guess we wait.

Hi all, for those who were sent to committee for review - did you get an email that notified you or does it say "sent to admissions for processing" on your portals? :dead:

Hi all, for those who were sent to committee for review - did you get an email that notified you or does it say "sent to admissions for processing" on your portals? :dead:

I got an email!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I have an interview at western (exciting!) at 8:15 pm EST and have to figure out transport (less exciting). Anyone have advice?
I have to get there for a Saturday morning Interview, so I’m flying out Friday. I’m flying out from Baltimore so the options aren’t great. Essentially Lax is cheapest and fastest, but getting to Pomona would be a nightmare. SNA is next best for price, but same deal with getting to and from Pomona. ONT is the best for location but the pricing is up there AND the shortest flights back are 13 hrs and two transfers.

Just received the email!!!!!!! Got an interview!!!:clap:

got an interview invite tonight ~8:30 est. Interviewing on the 26th, if anyone wants to split a hotel room hit me up, just spent enough on the flight out there lol

got an interview invite tonight ~8:30 est. Interviewing on the 26th, if anyone wants to split a hotel room hit me up, just spent enough on the flight out there lol
When I interviewed last year, I got an AirBnB. It’s extremely cheap. I think the place I stayed was like $30 a night.

I was sent to committee review today, if anyone else is still as far behind as I am haha :) I had a hiccup with a prereq, but it's all cleared up

I was sent to committee review today, if anyone else is still as far behind as I am haha :) I had a hiccup with a prereq, but it's all cleared up

When did your apps get submitted/verified ? I’m also far behind hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When did your apps get submitted/verified ? I’m also far behind hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay procrastinators! I submitted my app on Sept. 14th ish and was verified on the 18th! Then on Oct. 4th, I received an email stating that I was missing a prerequisite that I thought I had, and that I had until Oct. 11th to let them know I had a qualifying course in progress. The email said that they didn’t want me to try to ask about existing courses I had already taken, but in my approved prerequisite courses for my undergrad college, another course I had taken said “accepted with syllabus.” So I petitioned to use that course. They previously did not consider since it was split into two classes (one class over two quarters, two units each, four units total). I sent the syllabus and hoped for the best since it was technically one class that had adequate units and fulfilled the bio + lab requirement. Heard back on the 10th that the course had been accepted, committee review on the 11th! That’s my timeline. Best of luck to everyone!

do you guys know how soon we hear back from western university if we got accepted or not after the interview?

do you guys know how soon we hear back from western university if we got accepted or not after the interview?
Usually it all goes out at the same time. I think for last year it was early January.

OOS interview!
Submitted VMCAs 9/10
Sent to committee 9/23
Invitation for interview 10/11
Interview 11/9!

OOS interview!
Submitted VMCAs 9/10
Sent to committee 9/23
Invitation for interview 10/11
Interview 11/9!
I also picked 11/9! I chose PM. You?!

I (F) reserved a room at Comfort inn, Pomona for my interview at Western (Nov 8th to 9th).

The only room left had two beds, so there’s one going spare if anyone is lacking a reservation.

So I got an email on 9/20 saying my app was sent to the committee for review but I haven’t heard anything since. Is this bad news? I’m starting to really worry.

So I got an email on 9/20 saying my app was sent to the committee for review but I haven’t heard anything since. Is this bad news? I’m starting to really worry.

Everything about this time is a waiting game. Admissions is such a dark hole- there’s no saying if they are still processing all the apps or what is happening behind the scenes. My advice is to continue life as usual and try not to worry. I’m sure Western will contact you if they need any additional documents. Wishing you the best of luck while you wait! <3

I'm interviewing on October 26th, but land at 10 am on October 25th. I'm planning on checking out Pomona that day if anyone is interested in meeting up sometime throughout the day?

My application status just says “sent to admissions” is sent to committee a different thing?

Attachments

• EA91DB3B-33BB-4004-8FB3-A36994FC9AB8.jpeg
    EA91DB3B-33BB-4004-8FB3-A36994FC9AB8.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 141
This is what I see when I log in to the portal. Just didn’t know if it’ll say “sent to committee” or if it’s there.

This is what I see when I log in to the portal. Just didn’t know if it’ll say “sent to committee” or if it’s there.

Mine is in committee review but on my applicant status page it doesn’t say that it is. I got an email once it was sent for committee review.

Got it!! Thanks. I haven’t gotten an email yet so I shall wait.

Mine is in committee review but on my applicant status page it doesn’t say that it is. I got an email once it was sent for committee review.

Does your status page say anything at all about your status like how @Nmakowsk showed theirs? Mine literally just has
"Welcome name
Welcome to the Status Page for your Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) application. Below you will find important information about your application.
If you need to contact us regarding your application, provide your name and this reference numb

Upload materials"