Western c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am so sorry. Shouldn’t have asked. Thank you for the info.
No worries, dig around on google a bit and on here, you’ll be able to find great example questions!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone else have like the red X pending courses on their application? Will it prevent me from getting an interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone else have like the red X pending courses on their application? Will it prevent me from getting an interview?
If it’s pending. That is why! It will not. I have one and I just got an interview invite today.

I’m starting to get really nervous. My application was sent to committee for review the Wednesday before last (Oct 23rd) and I still haven’t heard back. There are people on here who just had their apps sent to committee just a few days ago and have already heard back :/ do you think they already rejected me? I’m freaking out.

For those who received an interview invite what do y'all plan on wearing to the interview?

I’m starting to get really nervous. My application was sent to committee for review the Wednesday before last (Oct 23rd) and I still haven’t heard back. There are people on here who just had their apps sent to committee just a few days ago and have already heard back :/ do you think they already rejected me? I’m freaking out.
My app was in committee review for 3 full weeks before I got my interview invite. I know it’s easier said than done but try to focus on other things and be patient!

My app was in committee review for 3 full weeks before I got my interview invite. I know it’s easier said than done but try to focus on other things and be patient!
This actually cheered me up :’) thank you friend!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1 in 4 basically. They are interviewing 400 applicants for 105 seats. Does anyone know about the scoring? Or if they accept base off interview results?

They said that if you get an interview, they believe you are academically/intellectually capable of the program, and that the rest of the decisions is based on how you did in the interview

Got an interview invite this morning!! Dates offered were for this Saturday and upcoming Monday - 11/9 and 11/11. Just worried now because I’m not sure I’ll be able to pull off getting out of work this weekend/snagging a flight. Has anyone had to request later dates for the same reason or anything similar? Trying to figure out what to do!

Got an interview invite this morning!! Dates offered were for this Saturday and upcoming Monday - 11/9 and 11/11. Just worried now because I’m not sure I’ll be able to pull off getting out of work this weekend/snagging a flight. Has anyone had to request later dates for the same reason or anything similar? Trying to figure out what to do!
I had to abruptly switch shifts at work! but I only live in San Diego so I will be driving there. Good luck with flights! where are you coming from?

I had to abruptly switch shifts at work! but I only live in San Diego so I will be driving there. Good luck with flights! where are you coming from?

Colorado! I emailed them and there is a January 13th date that is open as well so luckily that works a lot better for me! :)

Colorado! I emailed them and there is a January 13th date that is open as well so luckily that works a lot better for me! :)

dang so that means we won’t hear back til late January if they are doing interviews that late.

Yea I was a little surprised to hear there was a date so late.
There was a December 2nd date as well if that works? I live only an hour away from the campus but I'll actually be in Colorado for the only open interview spots in November so they allowed me to have a December date.

Interviewing Saturday. Hope to see some of you! Staying at Comfort Inn Pomona near Fairplex if anyone would want to venture to the interview together.

Interviewing Saturday. Hope to see some of you! Staying at Comfort Inn Pomona near Fairplex if anyone would want to venture to the interview together.
Also interviewing Saturday! -- But coming from SpringHill Suites by Ontario Airport/Rancho Cucamonga.

Going tomorrow for the interview. Hope to see some of you there. I might be too late to ask this but can we bring guest with us??

Finished the interview today! Did anyone else on here? How does everyone feel they did overall?
they informed us of the Jan interview date so expect acceptances rolling out about late January.

Got my rejection! Honestly I am confused on why I didn't get an interview due to what the rejection letter said, do I email them to ask or?

Last edited:
Got my rejection! Honestly I am confused on why I didn't get an interview, do I email them to ask or?

I got mine too but I was highkey expecting it after being in committee review for over 2 months and not hearing anything back lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I got mine too but I was highkey expecting it after being in committee review for over 2 months and not hearing anything back lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
I mean same but I just want to know what about my application caused the rejection I guess

Last edited:
I mean same but my stats were better than average so I just want to know why I guess
Remember, stats are an average for a reason. Having above that doesn’t guarantee that you’ll get accepted or even an interview. It’s possible there was something in your written application, or experience, or other aspects that weren’t academic that were the reason.

Remember, stats are an average for a reason. Having above that doesn’t guarantee that you’ll get accepted or even an interview. It’s possible there was something in your written application, or experience, or other aspects that weren’t academic that were the reason.
Yeah I totally get that, which is why I want to ask them what it was that caused them to reject me! I just am not sure how to inquire about that

I didn't mean that I assumed I would get an interview because of my stats, I just knew I could rule those out more easily

Yeah I totally get that, which is why I want to ask them what it was that caused them to reject me! I just am not sure how to inquire about that
If the rules are the same as last year, you can’t do a file review unfortunately.

Finished the interview today! Did anyone else on here? How does everyone feel they did overall?
they informed us of the Jan interview date so expect acceptances rolling out about late January.
I did mine on Saturday! I didn’t feel so well in the first room, I stumbled and felt like I confused the interviewers with my stories lol. The second room went amazingly well and I connected with them easily. So I guess it’s a toss up haha.

I did mine on Saturday! I didn’t feel so well in the first room, I stumbled and felt like I confused the interviewers with my stories lol. The second room went amazingly well and I connected with them easily. So I guess it’s a toss up haha.

Haha awesome job on that second one!! I’m sure your first went better than you thought.
For me it was better first, not as amazing second lol but overall the staff was amazing. The students were too! What did you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn, do you have any idea how I could possibly find out?
You probably aren’t able to. At least in the interview day booklet they gave us, they said they will not do any file reviews and to use the admitted students statistics to try and figure out how to improve. People emailed after that and they were told the same thing.

You probably aren’t able to. At least in the interview day booklet they gave us, they said they will not do any file reviews and to use the admitted students statistics to try and figure out how to improve. People emailed after that and they were told the same thing.
That is weird, I wouldn't know how to improve based on those... Plus it would be nice if we were missing a requirement somehow to be able to see that? But thank you

That is weird, I wouldn't know how to improve based on those... Plus it would be nice if we were missing a requirement somehow to be able to see that? But thank you

Honestly, the best thing you can do is take a step back and look at your application. Reread your essays. Reread your descriptions for your activities. Do your activities back up your essays? For example, let's say you wrote your essay about being a wildlife veterinarian, but you only have 10 hours of experience with a wildlife veterinarian. If I were on a veterinary selections committee, I would seriously question your application. Similarly, do you sound like you understand the profession via your writing? Get an unbiased person to honestly evaluate your application and essays. Ask them if they see any red flags.

If you were missing a requirement that would show up on the application. If you’re rejected for other reasons, like being above some cutoff but having consistently low grades, or any red flags in your essays for example, you wouldn’t be able to find that out.

I also got a rejection. This might sound stupid, but I legitimately cried after seeing it. I really thought I stood a chance. Oh well. Maybe next year.

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
I also got a rejection. This might sound stupid, but I legitimately cried after seeing it. I really thought I stood a chance. Oh well. Maybe next year.

It’s not stupid. Don’t let that stop you! Keep your head up. Try again next year if you don’t get in anywhere. you are so very close! This will be such a small part of your life in the end.
You got this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users

I completely understand. Believe me, I will legitimately cry, too. It's a natural response when you care about something so deeply. Give yourself permission to grieve, but not to give up. Hang in there, and I'm sending good vibes your way.

Just got an interview invite! I will be interviewing on January 13th!!

Yea that’s what it looked like when I got my invite.
They said during my interview last Saturday that the last one was in January. They mentioned it because decisions are usually middle of January, but they might need a little longer because of the mid January interview.

They’re interviewing 100 more people than last year I guess... and it’s a ~slightly~ smaller class size this year *nervously bites nails*