Western c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It says nothing about the status but I had the sent to committee email

Members don't see this ad.

Just got my interview invite this morning !!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview invite also!
Submitted via VMCAS on 9/17
Sent to committee review on 10/2
Got an interview invite today

Does your status page say anything at all about your status like how @Nmakowsk showed theirs? Mine literally just has
"Welcome name
Welcome to the Status Page for your Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) application. Below you will find important information about your application.
If you need to contact us regarding your application, provide your name and this reference numb

Upload materials"

Yup this is exactly what mine says! Nothing else.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 user
Does your status page say anything at all about your status like how @Nmakowsk showed theirs? Mine literally just has
"Welcome name
Welcome to the Status Page for your Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) application. Below you will find important information about your application.
If you need to contact us regarding your application, provide your name and this reference numb

Upload materials"
Mine says that exactly, but above the upload materials it says what my picture I posted is. Basically, the status of my application.

Mine says that exactly, but above the upload materials it says what my picture I posted is. Basically, the status of my application.
That is really odd, mine never said that! I thought it was weird that it didn't say the actual status in the status check system...

@itseunsss @angie_76 @doctor-who
did your portals ever say the actual status, and what do they say now?

That is really odd, mine never said that! I thought it was weird that it didn't say the actual status in the status check system...

It said the same thing as your post:
"Welcome to the Status Page for your Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) application. Below you will find important information about your application.
If you need to contact us regarding your application, provide your name and this reference number: #########.
Upload Materials..."
There was no real information about my status once it got sent to the committee. Before it was sent to the committee though, I think it said something about my app being reviewed by the admission people. Hang tight and you should hear from them about interviews soon!

It said the same thing as your post:
"Welcome to the Status Page for your Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) application. Below you will find important information about your application.
If you need to contact us regarding your application, provide your name and this reference number: #########.
Upload Materials..."
There was no real information about my status once it got sent to the committee. Before it was sent to the committee though, I think it said something about my app being reviewed by the admission people. Hang tight and you should hear from them about interviews soon!

Okay that makes sense! I think mine got sent to committee quickly so I never saw the other status update, just wanted to make sure! And good luck!!!

I never got a committee review message on my portal (I checked right after I was sent to committee review) but now there is a portion that has my interview time and a link for more information!

Anyone have any good strategies for prepping for the interview?

Anyone have any good strategies for prepping for the interview?
Know about the school and think about why you would be a good fit according to their founding principles. Also think about your goals, how you manage stress, and how PBL would work for you.

Think of examples of stress or failure and how you overcame and learned from that. Think about unique and special things about you or your personality and how that would play into you doing well at their school and being a good veterinarian in the future.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are people still getting interview invites or is hearing nothing a bad sign at this point?

Reactions: 1 users
Mine hasn’t been sent to committee review yet either.

Reactions: 2 users
Third time applicant here. Mine was sent to committee review but I have not heard anything since.
I've been hoping they're just maybe behind schedule due to the bad weather/fires in SoCal.

Third time applicant here. Mine was sent to committee review but I have not heard anything since.
I've been hoping they're just maybe behind schedule due to the bad weather/fires in SoCal.

Mine has been in committee review for a month and I haven’t heard anything haha

Mine has been in committee review for a month and I haven’t heard anything haha

Well at least it’s always a better feeling knowing other people are in your same boat.

I received an interview invite at 2:20pm today!

I also received an interview invite at 3:20 pm today! My first interview invite!!

Congrats!! Are you getting offered the same dates or did they open new ones?? Hope you can find plane tickets ok!
I’m not sure what they were offering before but they offered me dates through November 11th, it was a little expensive for tickets because I’m coming from Florida but I already booked them!

Got my invite at 12 EST today. They have some dates until Nov 11th open and a date in December.

Hi! My portal says my app is sent to the committee for processing on 10/01. I did not receive any emails saying that app sent to the committee for review or anything. And i have not heard anything from them yet. Becoming really nervous about the process.

Hi! My portal says my app is sent to the committee for processing on 10/01. I did not receive any emails saying that app sent to the committee for review or anything. And i have not heard anything from them yet. Becoming really nervous about the process.
Keep your chin up!

what kind of questions do they ask you guys in interview?

Just got an interview invite today! I'm so excited this is my second time applying to Western! Interview 11/4

I received the email from Western that the application was received and to set up the portal on 10/2, and have heard nothing since. I'm assuming it's because I did not submit on VMCAS until 9/16, and was not verified until 9/24.

I received the email from Western that the application was received and to set up the portal on 10/2, and have heard nothing since. I'm assuming it's because I did not submit on VMCAS until 9/16, and was not verified until 9/24.

I submitted on the last day before the deadline . Offered two days after verified. And had my interview yesterday. Overal interview was very relaxed. They want you to attend if offered.

I got my interview offer earlier this week and scheduled it for Nov 11. Submitted the VMCAS application a few days before the deadline. I hope I nail the interview :)

I submitted on the last day before the deadline . Offered two days after verified. And had my interview yesterday. Overal interview was very relaxed. They want you to attend if offered.

Congrats! I guess I’ll just stay hopeful as I wait to hear anything!

So I was planning on leaving straight from the school to go to the airport for my flight home, the only problem is I would have a backpack with me. Does anyone know if there would be a place to leave my backpack during the interview?

So I was planning on leaving straight from the school to go to the airport for my flight home, the only problem is I would have a backpack with me. Does anyone know if there would be a place to leave my backpack during the interview?

I’m sure if you arrive early and ask it would look more professional/understanding. You sign in and then head to a common room with tables. Depending on the size as well of the bag too. We were given a westernu bag that was slim. It was nice cuz I put my very small notebook and phone in there with my pen. It helped me not having bulky items in my pants. Worse case is just find a place to storage outside.

They allowed you to leave any personal items on the tables right near the interview rooms, and people were there to watch them. I did the same thing you're thinking of doing and it went totally fine.

Congrats! I guess I’ll just stay hopeful as I wait to hear anything!

I hope you hear good news soon. I was extremely surprised how fast I got an interview despite the submission. They did mention we will hear back early Jan for acceptance. They are doing 7 days of interviews. So this week two are basically done. 26th & 28th. So until early dec. they invited 400 total for 105 seats. Not sure when all 400 invites been given out.

My app was finally sent to the committee for review this morning! I wonder what is the waiting time for me to hear back their decision on whether I am going to be interview or not?

My app was finally sent to the committee for review this morning! I wonder what is the waiting time for me to hear back their decision on whether I am going to be interview or not?

I heard the next day once my application was reviewed by committee. Offered 10/4. Application was submitted on the last day of this cycle.

I heard the next day once my application was reviewed by committee. Offered 10/4. Application was submitted on the last day of this cycle.
I submitted on 9.17 as well. However it took me 3 weeks to be verified and more than a month to sent to committee for review.

Guys I think that my interview went well today but it’s so relaxed I think a lot of people thought that?? It’s a pretty fun day so everyone that’s got interviews don’t stress :)

Also I kept a large bag with me all day and dropped it off at the tables where people watched it for me during the 30 min of interviews. They also have a designated room where people with a lot of luggage can go leave their stuff during tours. It’s well organized!

Mine also was finally sent to the committee for review this morning! Good luck to you - hopefully we hear some good news soon!

Hi Friends. got an interview invitation this morning. Mroseh, good luck to you and you will hear back real soon. looks like them are really fast.

Guys I think that my interview went well today but it’s so relaxed I think a lot of people thought that?? It’s a pretty fun day so everyone that’s got interviews don’t stress :)

Also I kept a large bag with me all day and dropped it off at the tables where people watched it for me during the 30 min of interviews. They also have a designated room where people with a lot of luggage can go leave their stuff during tours. It’s well organized!
Do you mind sharing the questions they asked you? I would appreciate the opportunity to better prepare myself :))

Do you mind sharing the questions they asked you? I would appreciate the opportunity to better prepare myself :))
We are unable to share questions, they make you sign a confidentiality form.

If you look up behavioral vet school interview questions some really good resources pop up!

Hi Friends. got an interview invitation this morning. Mroseh, good luck to you and you will hear back real soon. looks like them are really fast.

Awesome, congratulations!! Good luck to you :)

We are unable to share questions, they make you sign a confidentiality form.
I am so sorry. Shouldn’t have asked. Thank you for the info.