You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Western c/o 2024
Started by Wolfie<3
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Interview invite!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gianna1018
Full Member
Does your status page say anything at all about your status like how @Nmakowsk showed theirs? Mine literally just has
"Welcome name
Welcome to the Status Page for your Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) application. Below you will find important information about your application.
If you need to contact us regarding your application, provide your name and this reference numb
Upload materials"
Yup this is exactly what mine says! Nothing else.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Mine says that exactly, but above the upload materials it says what my picture I posted is. Basically, the status of my application.Does your status page say anything at all about your status like how @Nmakowsk showed theirs? Mine literally just has
"Welcome name
Welcome to the Status Page for your Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) application. Below you will find important information about your application.
If you need to contact us regarding your application, provide your name and this reference numb
Upload materials"
That is really odd, mine never said that! I thought it was weird that it didn't say the actual status in the status check system...Mine says that exactly, but above the upload materials it says what my picture I posted is. Basically, the status of my application.
@itseunsss @angie_76 @doctor-who
did your portals ever say the actual status, and what do they say now?
That is really odd, mine never said that! I thought it was weird that it didn't say the actual status in the status check system...
@itseunsss @angie_76 @doctor-who
did your portals ever say the actual status, and what do they say now?
It said the same thing as your post:
"Welcome to the Status Page for your Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) application. Below you will find important information about your application.
If you need to contact us regarding your application, provide your name and this reference number: #########.
Upload Materials..."
There was no real information about my status once it got sent to the committee. Before it was sent to the committee though, I think it said something about my app being reviewed by the admission people. Hang tight and you should hear from them about interviews soon!
It said the same thing as your post:
"Welcome to the Status Page for your Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) application. Below you will find important information about your application.
If you need to contact us regarding your application, provide your name and this reference number: #########.
Upload Materials..."
There was no real information about my status once it got sent to the committee. Before it was sent to the committee though, I think it said something about my app being reviewed by the admission people. Hang tight and you should hear from them about interviews soon!
Okay that makes sense! I think mine got sent to committee quickly so I never saw the other status update, just wanted to make sure! And good luck!!!
Hi. Can someone please guide me to links to prep for the western interview? Thank you.
That is really odd, mine never said that! I thought it was weird that it didn't say the actual status in the status check system...
@itseunsss @angie_76 @doctor-who
did your portals ever say the actual status, and what do they say now?
I never got a committee review message on my portal (I checked right after I was sent to committee review) but now there is a portion that has my interview time and a link for more information!
Know about the school and think about why you would be a good fit according to their founding principles. Also think about your goals, how you manage stress, and how PBL would work for you.Anyone have any good strategies for prepping for the interview?
Think of examples of stress or failure and how you overcame and learned from that. Think about unique and special things about you or your personality and how that would play into you doing well at their school and being a good veterinarian in the future.
Are people still getting interview invites or is hearing nothing a bad sign at this point?
Mine hasn’t been sent to committee yet lol so I think there is still a chance for interviews.Are people still getting interview invites or is hearing nothing a bad sign at this point?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1013365
Mine hasn’t been sent to committee review yet either.
gianna1018
Full Member
Third time applicant here. Mine was sent to committee review but I have not heard anything since.
I've been hoping they're just maybe behind schedule due to the bad weather/fires in SoCal.
Mine has been in committee review for a month and I haven’t heard anything haha
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Well at least it’s always a better feeling knowing other people are in your same boat.Mine has been in committee review for a month and I haven’t heard anything haha
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
I received an interview invite at 2:20pm today!
Chasingvetdreams
Full Member
I also received an interview invite at 3:20 pm today! My first interview invite!!
I also received an interview invite at 3:20 pm today! My first interview invite!!
Congrats!! Are you getting offered the same dates or did they open new ones?? Hope you can find plane tickets ok!
Chasingvetdreams
Full Member
I’m not sure what they were offering before but they offered me dates through November 11th, it was a little expensive for tickets because I’m coming from Florida but I already booked them!Congrats!! Are you getting offered the same dates or did they open new ones?? Hope you can find plane tickets ok!
Got my invite at 12 EST today. They have some dates until Nov 11th open and a date in December.
Congrats! Do you happen to remember what the date was in December?!
Keep your chin up!Hi! My portal says my app is sent to the committee for processing on 10/01. I did not receive any emails saying that app sent to the committee for review or anything. And i have not heard anything from them yet. Becoming really nervous about the process.
December 2nd.Congrats! Do you happen to remember what the date was in December?!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! My portal says my app is sent to the committee for processing on 10/01. I did not receive any emails saying that app sent to the committee for review or anything. And i have not heard anything from them yet. Becoming really nervous about the process.
I received the email from Western that the application was received and to set up the portal on 10/2, and have heard nothing since. I'm assuming it's because I did not submit on VMCAS until 9/16, and was not verified until 9/24.
I received the email from Western that the application was received and to set up the portal on 10/2, and have heard nothing since. I'm assuming it's because I did not submit on VMCAS until 9/16, and was not verified until 9/24.
I submitted on the last day before the deadline . Offered two days after verified. And had my interview yesterday. Overal interview was very relaxed. They want you to attend if offered.
I submitted on the last day before the deadline . Offered two days after verified. And had my interview yesterday. Overal interview was very relaxed. They want you to attend if offered.
Congrats! I guess I’ll just stay hopeful as I wait to hear anything!
Chasingvetdreams
Full Member
So I was planning on leaving straight from the school to go to the airport for my flight home, the only problem is I would have a backpack with me. Does anyone know if there would be a place to leave my backpack during the interview?
So I was planning on leaving straight from the school to go to the airport for my flight home, the only problem is I would have a backpack with me. Does anyone know if there would be a place to leave my backpack during the interview?
I’m sure if you arrive early and ask it would look more professional/understanding. You sign in and then head to a common room with tables. Depending on the size as well of the bag too. We were given a westernu bag that was slim. It was nice cuz I put my very small notebook and phone in there with my pen. It helped me not having bulky items in my pants. Worse case is just find a place to storage outside.
Congrats! I guess I’ll just stay hopeful as I wait to hear anything!
I hope you hear good news soon. I was extremely surprised how fast I got an interview despite the submission. They did mention we will hear back early Jan for acceptance. They are doing 7 days of interviews. So this week two are basically done. 26th & 28th. So until early dec. they invited 400 total for 105 seats. Not sure when all 400 invites been given out.
My app was finally sent to the committee for review this morning! I wonder what is the waiting time for me to hear back their decision on whether I am going to be interview or not?
I heard the next day once my application was reviewed by committee. Offered 10/4. Application was submitted on the last day of this cycle.
I submitted on 9.17 as well. However it took me 3 weeks to be verified and more than a month to sent to committee for review.I heard the next day once my application was reviewed by committee. Offered 10/4. Application was submitted on the last day of this cycle.
Guys I think that my interview went well today [emoji119] but it’s so relaxed I think a lot of people thought that?? It’s a pretty fun day so everyone that’s got interviews don’t stress 🙂
Also I kept a large bag with me all day and dropped it off at the tables where people watched it for me during the 30 min of interviews. They also have a designated room where people with a lot of luggage can go leave their stuff during tours. It’s well organized!
Also I kept a large bag with me all day and dropped it off at the tables where people watched it for me during the 30 min of interviews. They also have a designated room where people with a lot of luggage can go leave their stuff during tours. It’s well organized!
My app was finally sent to the committee for review this morning! I wonder what is the waiting time for me to hear back their decision on whether I am going to be interview or not?
Mine also was finally sent to the committee for review this morning! Good luck to you - hopefully we hear some good news soon!
Do you mind sharing the questions they asked you? I would appreciate the opportunity to better prepare myself 🙂)Guys I think that my interview went well today [emoji119] but it’s so relaxed I think a lot of people thought that?? It’s a pretty fun day so everyone that’s got interviews don’t stress 🙂
Also I kept a large bag with me all day and dropped it off at the tables where people watched it for me during the 30 min of interviews. They also have a designated room where people with a lot of luggage can go leave their stuff during tours. It’s well organized!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We are unable to share questions, they make you sign a confidentiality form.Do you mind sharing the questions they asked you? I would appreciate the opportunity to better prepare myself 🙂)
If you look up behavioral vet school interview questions some really good resources pop up!Do you mind sharing the questions they asked you? I would appreciate the opportunity to better prepare myself 🙂)
Hi Friends. got an interview invitation this morning. Mroseh, good luck to you and you will hear back real soon. looks like them are really fast.
Awesome, congratulations!! Good luck to you 🙂
Thank you so much! Will do.If you look up behavioral vet school interview questions some really good resources pop up!
I am so sorry. Shouldn’t have asked. Thank you for the info.We are unable to share questions, they make you sign a confidentiality form.