This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wizarddoc2213

I am Beyonce, always.
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! Thanks in advance for all the help.
I am narrowing down my list of schools, and I am looking for feedback (what schools to add, remove, etc. based on my stats).

1. 3.65cGPA/3.6sGPA (Biology major with chemistry minor, GPA will most likely increase by the time I apply in June)
  2. MCAT= 511 (86th percentile). Breakdown of 127/127/129/128
  3. Pennsylvania resident, but I'll be working in CA over the summer (for what its worth)
  4. White female
  5. Undergrad school= Forbes Top 50 school, Forbes Top 30 Liberal Arts Universities
  6. 1450 hrs of clinical experience (ER tech, lots of shadowing, JHUCTY Health Assistant), ~300 clinical volunteering (at hospital and dementia ward)
  7. Honors Thesis in Chemistry, and over 250hrs of clinical research experience
  8. Shadowed cardiology(outpatient, inpatient, surgery), OBGYN (outpatient and surgery), neonatology, pathology, family medicine (inpatient and outpatient), emergency medicine
  9. Non-clinical volunteering= mentored low income/high risk teens
  10. Other extracurricular activities = 2 years Varsity XC/Track, teaching assistant, on the executive board for three clubs
  11. Dean’s List; Women’s Cross Country Academic Honors for High GPA; NCAA Division I League Cross Country Rookie of the Year; NCAA Division I Women’s Cross Country All-League Honors, Henrietta S. Treen Scholarship Recipient

Here is my school list. Ideally I'd like to apply to 20 with confidence that I'll get into a least one.

Goal Schools:
USF SELECT
Georgetown
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Boston
Tufts
Commonwealth
Drexel
Wake Forest
Tulane
USC Keck
Dartmouth
Penn State
Rush
Rosalind Franklind
Loyola-Stitch
Creighton

Schools I'm not sure if I should add or not (I'm not too fond of the location of some, but I'd suck it up if it meant an acceptance)
Quinnipiac (location)
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Brown (reserves a lot of spots for their undergrad students)
U Miami
Virginia Tech
Vermont (location)
Rochester (location)
New York Medical
Hofstra
Einstein
Albany (location)
Oakland Beaumont (location)
Pitt, Penn, & Yale (because sometimes miracles happen lol)
UCLA

*** also please suggest any other schools that you think I should add to the list

Members don't see this ad.

You have a good list and should receive several interviews. From your 2nd list Quinnipiac, Vermont, New York Medical, Albany and Oakland Beaumont are where you are most likely to have a chance for an interview.

thanks! do you suggest any other schools that I do not have on my list?