This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m trying to look for their email address regarding my matter but can’t find a general admissions email. I see an email for admission affairs, is that the appropriate one?

I’d prefer to email first rather than call tbh.

Members don't see this ad.

I’m trying to look for their email address regarding my matter but can’t find a general admissions email. I see an email for admission affairs, is that the appropriate one?

I’d prefer to email first rather than call tbh.

Got this info after I googled "NYCPM admission"
"Applicants are welcome to contact the Office of Admissions and Enrollment Management with any questions at 800.526.6966/212.410.8032 or via e-mail at [email protected]."

Reactions: 1 user
Got this info after I googled "NYCPM admission"
"Applicants are welcome to contact the Office of Admissions and Enrollment Management with any questions at 800.526.6966/212.410.8032 or via e-mail at [email protected]."

Thank you! I saw that email too, wasn’t sure if that was the right one since it said Enrollment lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys. I posted here a couple posts back.
I got my MCAT score back recently (not as a shiny as I wanted but I think it should be good enough).
My question is: How do I know AACPMAS has my scores? I submitted through AAMC and it shows up in my history that I sent it to AACPMAS. BUT, in my application all it says is that I took the MCAT with a green check mark. I self reported my scores.

Is it okay to go ahead and send everything else in (app is done and DONE with essay, letters through interfolio)?

Thanks!

Anyone in the same boat or have any advice? I interviewed at WesternU and DMU not to long ago and I am nervous beyond belief. The more I think about my interviews I feel that I could of said so much more and I froze sometimes. I want this so badly and I have to admit that my nerves took over. My interviewers were amazing and super nice and any student that I met was so supportive but I have bad anxiety so it was hard for me sometimes to breathe. I did my best but I am finding myself checking and rechecking my emails and replaying my interview responses.

My stats: 3.20 cGPA, 3.62 sGPA post bacc. Averaged sGPA w/ undergrad 3.12 sGPA. MCAT: 494 (123/123/123/125)
Experience : working at a foot & ankle clinic, years of research, no pub., missions and service work, bilingual.

Anyone had the same experience in the past and is now sitting in their top choice? DMU is my dream school and first choice but WesternU is great too!
You will be fine.

Interviewed at NYCPM a week ago and still haven’t heard back. Should I call or wait it out?

I was hoping to get an answer before this Thursday prior to flying out to my next interview (I was going to cancel if accepted).

Interviewed at NYCPM a week ago and still haven’t heard back. Should I call or wait it out?

I was hoping to get an answer before this Thursday prior to flying out to my next interview (I was going to cancel if accepted).
If its been 7 business days, give them a call and be polite about it.

Ask them the status of your application/decision and tell them you'd like to know any updates in order to plan out future interview sessions.

If you're genuine about it and financials are a significant issue, they'd probably understand and at least get back to you on the app status.

So I plan to take the MCAT in January. Should I submit the application now without the MCAT score or should I just wait to submit my application in January after I've taken the MCAT?

Anyone in the same boat or have any advice? I interviewed at WesternU and DMU not to long ago and I am nervous beyond belief. The more I think about my interviews I feel that I could of said so much more and I froze sometimes. I want this so badly and I have to admit that my nerves took over. My interviewers were amazing and super nice and any student that I met was so supportive but I have bad anxiety so it was hard for me sometimes to breathe. I did my best but I am finding myself checking and rechecking my emails and replaying my interview responses.

My stats: 3.20 cGPA, 3.62 sGPA post bacc. Averaged sGPA w/ undergrad 3.12 sGPA. MCAT: 494 (123/123/123/125)
Experience : working at a foot & ankle clinic, years of research, no pub., missions and service work, bilingual.

Anyone had the same experience in the past and is now sitting in their top choice? DMU is my dream school and first choice but WesternU is great too!

I am TOTALLY with you. Just interviewed at DMU (first interview 3 more to go) and I keep replaying the interview in my head. Praying and keeping my fingers crossed. I absolutely loved all of my shadow experience and really want this.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all! I'm hoping for some advice on where to apply that is doable with kiddos. My current gpa is 3.7 however my overall gpa is 3.3 from bombing my first attempt at college. I got a 497 on the MCAT and have 5+ years working in surgery. Do I have a decent chance? Am I slow getting my application in? Any hope in getting a scholarship or will my cumulative gpa prevent that? Can you do DPM school and your residency in the same location? If so, which locations give you the best chance at staying put? Thanks for letting me bombard you with questions! This seems like such a great group of supportive people that I'd like to be part of!

Hey all! I'm hoping for some advice on where to apply that is doable with kiddos. My current gpa is 3.7 however my overall gpa is 3.3 from bombing my first attempt at college. I got a 497 on the MCAT and have 5+ years working in surgery. Do I have a decent chance?
You got great chances at any of the schools.

Am I slow getting my application in? Any hope in getting a scholarship or will my cumulative gpa prevent that?
You are on the right track. You have time before about April to be sure you might get interviews pretty much anywhere.

As far as scholarships, it depends on the school and when you will apply. Based on your stats, you might get some scholarships.
Can you do DPM school and your residency in the same location?
Not very likely. Depends what school and what kind of student you will be. If the school has many programs nearby and if you will have high GPA and great board scores, I guess you will have greater chances of getting where you want. But even then, you might prefer a program that is farther away.

I would not limit myself in terms of residency just yet.

During interviews, you will be able to see a list of programs that particular schools send most of their students at. That will give you some idea.

You got great chances at any of the schools.

You are on the right track. You have time before about April to be sure you might get interviews pretty much anywhere.

As far as scholarships, it depends on the school and when you will apply. Based on your stats, you might get some scholarships.

Not very likely. Depends what school and what kind of student you will be. If the school has many programs nearby and if you will have high GPA and great board scores, I guess you will have greater chances of getting where you want. But even then, you might prefer a program that is farther away.

I would not limit myself in terms of residency just yet.

During interviews, you will be able to see a list of programs that particular schools send most of their students at. That will give you some idea.

Thank you so much! I definitely want to go into this being as realistic as possible. Which schools would you say are ranked the best or are they all pretty similar?

Thank you so much! I definitely want to go into this being as realistic as possible. Which schools would you say are ranked the best or are they all pretty similar?

There are only 9 schools, so there is no formal way of saying which one is the best or not. All the schools will provide you with the tools to pass boards and match; it is up to you to decide which school will give you the best chance in doing so and which school will make you the happiest.

Yes, it is possible for you to match into your institution's residency program. For example, 100% of Temple's current residents went to Temple themselves and Barry also places its students into one of their affiliated hospitals, Mercy. If you want to discuss regional matching, Barry may give you an advantage at securing high powered programs in Florida (i.e. Palmetto, Orlando, Bethesda, etc.), but overall @de Ribas is correct; you should not limit your residencies just yet. For now, just focus on interviews, pick your favorite school, do well in your classes in your first year, and then start thinking about potential residencies when you apply for your externships.

Reactions: 4 users

Top students will score high regardless of what program you put them in.
Students who do not fix their mistakes and do poorly will continue to do poorly even if you put them in a "top tier" program.

Some schools are extremely selective and their stats prove what type of students they take (i.e. higher scoring stats).

All 9 give you the tools you need to do well. Interview at the ones you are interested in. Make a list of your priorities. Pay attention to the students. Are they happy? Are they stressed? Do they look like they can handle the load? Are they disgruntled with the current administration? Do they take the time to answer your questions? Are they dismissive?

Success depends more on you. The institution only helps or harms you in terms of what you want out of a program.

Reactions: 3 users
I really need advice! I have already applied to Scholl, Temple, NYCPM, Midwestern, and Barry. Just wondering what my chances are of getting accepted/interviews. Submitted all applications 3 days ago.
- cGPA - 3.38
-sGPA - 3.12
- MCAT - 489 (121, 121, 124, 123)
-DPM shadowing (around 20 hours) with letter from DPM
- ~2000 hours of direct patient contact (medical assistant)

I know my MCAT is what is killing my chances, but do you think any of those schools will interview me? Should I add any other schools? Any opinions/advice is accepted!!

I really need advice! I have already applied to Scholl, Temple, NYCPM, Midwestern, and Barry. Just wondering what my chances are of getting accepted/interviews. Submitted all applications 3 days ago.
- cGPA - 3.38
-sGPA - 3.12

I know my MCAT is what is killing my chances, but do you think any of those schools will interview me? Should I add any other schools? Any opinions/advice is accepted!!
I bet that you will get accepted into one or more of those 5 schools. Your GPAs are good and you applied pretty early. You may have some difficulty with Midwestern, Temple, and NYC with that MCAT score. But I bet Barry and maybe Scholls will be okay with the lower score. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

- cGPA - 3.38
-sGPA - 3.12

You will get some interviews

You will get some interviews
I bet that you will get accepted into one or more of those 5 schools. Your GPAs are good and you applied pretty early. You may have some difficulty with Midwestern, Temple, and NYC with that MCAT score. But I bet Barry and maybe Scholls will be okay with the lower score. Good luck!

I was really hoping to get accepted to Midwestern. Do you guys think this is probably not realistic anymore?

I was really hoping to get accepted to Midwestern. Do you guys think this is probably not realistic anymore?
I know one guy who was accepted to Midwestern with a 489 MCAT, but his GPA was close to a 3.8- with that being said, they are expanding to a class size of 40 students next fall and might take ya.

You just might get an invite and if so, make sure to rock your interview day!

You have a good chance of getting into Barry. Temple may ask you to retake your MCAT. I do not know about NYCPM nor Scholl. Midwestern will be a high reach, but you will increase your chances tremendously by retaking the MCAT and getting 495+.

It will be a reach with that MCAT
MCAT is too low for Midwestern.
You have a good chance of getting into Barry. Temple may ask you to retake your MCAT. I do not know about NYCPM nor Scholl. Midwestern will be a high reach, but you will increase your chances tremendously by retaking the MCAT and getting 495+.
I know one guy who was accepted to Midwestern with a 489 MCAT, but his GPA was close to a 3.8- with that being said, they are expanding to a class size of 40 students next fall and might take ya.

You just might get an invite and if so, make sure to rock your interview day!

I am not sure where I can find info regarding one of my questions. Maybe you guys can help? I am from the east coast, and I want to go to podiatry school somewhere out of the northeast. If I do go to pod school out of the northeast, will it be difficult getting externships leading to residency back in the northeast? Thanks for the help everyone!

I am not sure where I can find info regarding one of my questions. Maybe you guys can help? I am from the east coast, and I want to go to podiatry school somewhere out of the northeast. If I do go to pod school out of the northeast, will it be difficult getting externships leading to residency back in the northeast? Thanks for the help everyone!

Whatever school you are affiliated with does not matter much. Your externships and residency placement will be based on your GPA and class rank, the latter being arguably the more important. Schools on the west coast have placed their graduates in high powered programs in the northeast (i.e. UPMC, Inova, etc.), so you may return to this region if you are a competitive candidate.

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry if this has already been asked but can anyone tell me what the interview and acceptance timeline is like for AZPOD after your application was submitted? Thanks!

Doesn't matter.

GPA and class rank like Justici said.

Greetings everyone,

I received my MCAT score now and I am a little disheartened because of it, and am worried about my chances now.

cGPA: 3.39
sGPA: 3.01 (3.16 if math was included, but now its not)
MCAT: 488 (122/123/122/121) <<<< i know this isn't good, and I don't mind retaking in Jan
EC: Attended both NYCPM & TUSPM pre-health summer internships, about 75 hours in hospital volunteering, 350 hours of red cross volunteering, some leadership, 3800 hours in customer service & 1200 hours in pharmacy technician, so 5000 hours of retail basically.
Schools: I didn't submit my application yet, but my top choices are NYCPM, Temple, and Barry. I know NYCPM and Temple are kind of a reach now. What other schools should I consider then?

My question: I know my MCAT isn't great but I'd like to still submit my application. If i am rejected from schools, is that a permanent rejection even if I retake the MCAT is Jan (like i can't show them I retook the MCAT, got a better score, and then they'd reconsider), or it's a one and done kind of deal. I know some schools offer acceptance upon retaking for a better score.
Thanks for any feedback.

Greetings everyone,

I received my MCAT score now and I am a little disheartened because of it, and am worried about my chances now.

MCAT: 488 (122/123/122/121) <<<< i know this isn't good, and I don't mind retaking in Jan

You need a better MCAT.
There's no excuse for that score.

Call admissions for those schools and ask them what you just asked us regarding an acceptance with score.

Greetings everyone,

EC: Attended both NYCPM & TUSPM pre-health summer internships, about 75 hours in hospital volunteering, 350 hours of red cross volunteering, some leadership, 3800 hours in customer service & 1200 hours in pharmacy technician, so 5000 hours of retail basically.
Schools: I didn't submit my application yet, but my top choices are NYCPM, Temple, and Barry. I know NYCPM and Temple are kind of a reach now. What other schools should I consider then?

My question: I know my MCAT isn't great but I'd like to still submit my application. If i am rejected from schools, is that a permanent rejection even if I retake the MCAT is Jan (like i can't show them I retook the MCAT, got a better score, and then they'd reconsider), or it's a one and done kind of deal. I know some schools offer acceptance upon retaking for a better score.
Thanks for any feedback.
Some schools might offer you an interview.

Depends where you want to go.

Greetings everyone,

Thanks for any feedback.
CSPM accepted lower MCAT, Barry will likely interview you. Kent as well. Call and ask, that's your best shot! I'm in the same boat as you, January retake hoping for that 495-502 range.

Greetings everyone,

Thanks for any feedback.

I'm in the same boat as you. Let me know if you find out whether you can submit applications, get rejected, and reapply with a better mcat score

so I decided to add CSPM to my list of schools. I applied at 9pm through AACPMAS, and I received an interview invite email at 11pm.....Just a little confused....are they auto screening for interviews? My MCAT isn't impressive, it was a 489 so how low can they be screening for interviews!? I am pretty shocked.

Sorry if this has already been asked but can anyone tell me what the interview and acceptance timeline is like for AZPOD after your application was submitted? Thanks!
depending on when you schedule an interview, the admissions committee meet every other Tuesday to make a decision! I submitted my application on AACPMAS and heard back from them within a week for an II, interviewed on a Thursday, and heard back from them the following Tuesday via phone call.

Hello every one

Here’s my stats, I’m sending application within days

Undergrad sGPS: 3.2, oGPA:3.4
Biology masters ( currently enrolled) GPA: 4.0
MCAT: 501
100’s hours of volunteering. About 15 hours of pod shadowing. No research experience
I have all 9 schools on my list

Thanks

so I decided to add CSPM to my list of schools. I applied at 9pm through AACPMAS, and I received an interview invite email at 11pm.....Just a little confused....are they auto screening for interviews? My MCAT isn't impressive, it was a 489 so how low can they be screening for interviews!? I am pretty shocked.

Did you receive the invite the same day you submitted the application or after its been verified?

Did you receive the invite the same day you submitted the application or after its been verified?
My app has already been verified, I just added CSPM to my list by submitting app to them through AACPMAS last night and received a II invitation within 2 hours after submitting app through AACPMAS

Hello every one

100’s hours of volunteering. About 15 hours of pod shadowing. No research experience

Thanks
You will be fine. I had similar stats and chose to only apply to my favorite schools. You should be able to get some scholarship offers as well!

I recommend only applying to your top 3 or 4 programs unless you are struggling to narrow them down.

Reactions: 3 users

What was your GPA? Lot of factors.

Just want to give
What was your GPA? Lot of factors.
My cGPA is a 3.38 and my sGPA is a 3.12. Along with the 489 MCAT , I didn't think auto screening for interviews was possible. I just received interview invites today from Barry and NYCPM as well. Really hoping Midwestern gives me a chance to interview...

Me again! Should I wait to submit my application when the coursework has been verified and official MCAT has been received? Also, for all of you fine people accepted at AZPOD, how long do you have to officially decide after getting accepted?

Me again! Should I wait to submit my application when the coursework has been verified and official MCAT has been received? Also, for all of you fine people accepted at AZPOD, how long do you have to officially decide after getting accepted?

They usually give you a month. If you need longer due to conflicting interviews, simply email them and ask for a deposit deadline extension.

Just want to give

My cGPA is a 3.38 and my sGPA is a 3.12. Along with the 489 MCAT , I didn't think auto screening for interviews was possible. I just received interview invites today from Barry and NYCPM as well. Really hoping Midwestern gives me a chance to interview...

That's interesting. Maybe there is something in your file or personal statement they like.

Best of luck. If you intend to retake, kick butt. Even a few more points will leave them no room for doubt.

Hello every one

Thanks

Great stats! Some schooIs may want you to shadow more. I would shadow one more DPM for 15-20 hrs for good measure.