General Admissions & OTCAS Who have you heard back from? 2018-2019 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Applied- UTEP, TWU, St. Augustine, LLU, Touro, Midwestern, Brenau, A.T. Still
Waitlist: Midwestern (waitlist for interview)
Interviews- AT Still (11/30) Brenau (declined)
Acceptance- AT Still

Will be attending ATSU:)

Members don't see this ad.

Applied- UTEP, TWU, St. Augustine, LLU, Touro, Midwestern, Brenau, A.T. Still
Waitlist: Midwestern (waitlist for interview)
Interviews- AT Still (11/30) Brenau (declined)
Acceptance- AT Still

Will be attending ATSU:)
Would you be able to tell me when you applied to Midwestern and Brenau?

Applied: TJU, Temple, Gwynedd Mercy, Salus, Widener, USciences
Interviews: Widener (12/19)
Acceptances: USciences (12/3)

OTCAS application submitted on 11/20, it was verified 11/21

I was accepted at USciences too! Are you considering going? It looks so expensive in comparison to other programs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would you be able to tell me when you applied to Midwestern and Brenau?

I applied to Brenau on 9/18 and Midwestern 9/19! I heard Midwestern started their interview way earlier like in September

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all, hopping onto this train late but I hope that's ok!

Applied:
UIC, BU, WashU, UWMadison, Rush
Interviews: Rush (1/4)
Accepted:
Waitlisted:
Rejections:

Any advice on the interviews? How stressed out should/shouldn't I be haha

Updated:
Applied: Brenau Uni, Georgia State, Wingate University, Emory & Henry, MUSC, Methodist Uni., Mary Baldwin University
Interviews: Wingate (Oct. 26), Brenau (11/30), Georgia State (12/3)
Acceptances:
Waitlist: Wingate, Georgia State
Rejections:

Mostly the schools want to know who you are, and why you are a good fit for their program, so don’t walk in with answers that sound rehearsed.

Thanks so much for your reply!
What is everyone's thoughts on how much you should prepare for interviews? I know you should prepare a sufficient amount so that you aren't blanking or babbling on the spot, but do you think over-prepping will sound too canned/rehearsed?

Thanks so much for your reply!
What is everyone's thoughts on how much you should prepare for interviews? I know you should prepare a sufficient amount so that you aren't blanking or babbling on the spot, but do you think over-prepping will sound too canned/rehearsed?
Hey, I agree with Yorit06! Also, every interview I've been on have been completely different styles, with totally different questions that I did not prepare for, so that just threw me off more and made me more nervous. So, the only question I would really prepare for is why do you want to go to this program and obviously have questions prepared specifically about their program so the interviewers know you've done your research on the school and are interested. I'm sure other people have other ideas about actively preparing answers to questions, but I just find that it throws me off more when those questions aren't asked; you can never fully prepare for an interview as you really have no idea what they're going to ask. A good idea might be just to reflect on your extracurricular/work/research/etc. experiences in terms of teamwork and conflict and conflict resolutions and just what you learned from each in general because you can probably work that in to most answers.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! I have an interview with USA on the 18th of December does anyone mind sharing the type of questions they asked please

Hey! I have an interview with USA on the 18th of December does anyone mind sharing the type of questions they asked please
Which campus? I interviewed at the St. Augustine one and it was really relaxed, just me and one other girl and the professor. She asked
What was your toughest semester and what did you do about it
How do you manage stress & wellness
What experience have you had in OT
What is one thing you saw an OT do that made you say I really want to do that

Hope this helps!

Which campus? I interviewed at the St. Augustine one and it was really relaxed, just me and one other girl and the professor. She asked
What was your toughest semester and what did you do about it
How do you manage stress & wellness
What experience have you had in OT
What is one thing you saw an OT do that made you say I really want to do that

Hope this helps!
It with Miami but thank you

Well I've gotten into Drake, Creighton, and North Central in Chicago. I've been waitlisted at my top choice (Rockhurst) so I need to decide on where to put a deposit. Creighton is an awesome program but so very expensive (as is Drake). North Central would be much more affordable but it isn't accredited yet, and I'm worried about the online portion. In your all's opinion, would it be smarter to take a risk and go with the cheaper option or stick with one of the more expensive accredited schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from St. Ambrose that didn't apply early decision? They told me I would get an email in November about an interview, but I haven't gotten anything

Have you received an interview invite?

Applied: Boston University, MGH, Tufts, Thomas Jefferson, Temple, Belmont, University of St. Augustine, Hofstra, Sacred Heart
Interviews: BU, MGH, Belmont, University of St. Augustine, Hofstra
Accepted: Temple, University of St. Augustine, Tufts, Belmont, Boston University
Waitlisted: MGH, Hofstra
Rejected: TJU

I decided to go to Boston University!! :)

Last edited:
Applied: Rush, UIC, Tufts, Boston University, MGH IHP, Ohio State, St. Kates
Interviews: MGH IHP (12/1), Rush (12/3), Boston University (12/5), Ohio State (did not attend)
Acceptances: Tufts, UIC, Rush
Rejection:
Waitlists:
UPDATE

Interviews: MGH IHP (12/1), Rush (12/3), Boston University (12/5), Ohio State (did not attend)
Acceptances: Tufts, UIC, Rush, MGH IHP
Deferred to Regular Decision: St. Kates, BU
Rejection:

If anyone has advice on choosing between these schools, I would love to hear it!

Applied: Boston University, MGH, Tufts, Thomas Jefferson, Temple, Belmont, University of St. Augustine, Hofstra, Sacred Heart
Accepted: Temple, University of St. Augustine, Tufts, Belmont, Boston University

No idea what I'm going to chose. Any opinions on the schools I got into?
I went to the accepted students event at Tufts and loved the feel of the school. There are a lot of opportunities to adapt the program to what you want (take electives in other areas, get certificates while in your program, do a doctoral capstone in research/teaching/etc, volunteer) and the students and professors seem so passionate about producing the best students while keeping in mind their mental health, etc.

Applied: Barry, Nova (MOT & OTD), St. Augustine, FGCU, Sacred Heart, A.T. Still.

Interviews: Sacred Heart (1/14) Nova MOT (1/8) Nova OTD (1/13)

Acceptances: Sacred Heart (1/15)

Last edited:
UPDATE

Acceptances: Tufts, UIC, Rush, MGH IHP
Deferred to Regular Decision: St. Kates, BU
Rejection:

If anyone has advice on choosing between these schools, I would love to hear it!
Hey would you mind telling me when you applied to UIC and if graduated from your undergrad? I applied to UIC in late October and I haven't hear anything yet and I'm just really nervous.

Hey would you mind telling me when you applied to UIC and if graduated from your undergrad? I applied to UIC in late October and I haven't hear anything yet and I'm just really nervous.
My OTCAS was verified on September 20th and I have one more semester of my undergrad to finish up. From what I've heard, UIC sends out the majority of decisions in March, so there's no need to be worried!

Update:
Applied to: NYU, Columbia, Temple, TJU, MGH, Tufts, Wisconsin, Chatham, BU
Accepted: Tufts, TJU
Waitlisted: Temple
Rejected: MGH
Interviews: MGH, Chatham (turned down), Temple, TJU, BU

Last edited:
Applied: Gannon U, Slippery Rock U, Chatham, Pitt
Rejected:
Accepted: Gannon (Declined), SRU (Declined), Chatham (Going to attend!)
I have not recieved any news from Pitt yet.

Yay!!! Congrats!!! When was your interview date? And I’m waiting to join the FB group for our class!

I have my interview at at still soon!! Can you give me any insight? It’s my top choice and I’m so excited / nervous!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Applied: Samuel Merritt, A.T Still, U Sciences, Wash U, and Stanbridge
Rejections: n/a
Waitlisted: n/a
Acceptances: Samuel Merritt, A.T Still

Will be attending Samuel Merritt!! :)

I have my interview at at still soon!! Can you give me any insight? It’s my top choice and I’m so excited / nervous!!

Hi there! Of course, I’d def say try to be yourself although it’s not easy because I was really nervous myself! And I was so scared I wasn’t going to get in, so try your best and show them why you genuinely want to be an OT! The faculty is really friendly and they do their best to make you feel comfortable! Be prepared for questions like what is OT, why AT Still, how you overcame a difficult situation, and how you handle stress. When is your interview? PM if you have any other questions!

Hey guys! Good luck to everyone waiting for decisions!

Applied: UW, Puget Sound, Pacific University, USC, Samuel Merritt, Columbia, NYU, LLU

Interviews: Samuel Merritt (12/15)
Waitlist:
Rejections:
Acceptances: USC (12/20)

Applied: UW, Puget Sound, Pacific University, USC, Samuel Merritt, Columbia, NYU, LLU

Waitlist:
Rejections:
Hi! Are you planning to attend USC? I got in too :)

Sent from my LG-H872 using SDN mobile

Hi there! Of course, I’d def say try to be yourself although it’s not easy because I was really nervous myself! And I was so scared I wasn’t going to get in, so try your best and show them why you genuinely want to be an OT! The faculty is really friendly and they do their best to make you feel comfortable! Be prepared for questions like what is OT, why AT Still, how you overcame a difficult situation, and how you handle stress. When is your interview? PM if you have any other questions!

Okay thank you so much!! It’s in February

When did you send in your application? I thought we weren’t supposed to hear back till February! And I sent in my application in August

My application was verified in the last week of October. I received an e-mail from USC during the first week of November confirming that they have all of my application materials.

I looked at previous USC applicants on this forum, and historically, they send out the first round of acceptances right before the holidays. However, I am positive there are more to come in (or before) February! Best of luck to you.

My application was verified in the last week of October. I received an e-mail from USC during the first week of November confirming that they have all of my application materials.

I looked at previous USC applicants on this forum, and historically, they send out the first round of acceptances right before the holidays. However, I am positive there are more to come in (or before) February! Best of luck to you.
Congrats on your acceptance!! Would you mind sharing your stats? Also would you happen to know if scholarships are awarded along with acceptances or is that a separate notification?

@kOT96 - would love to hear from you too! Congrats!

Applied: Pitt, WashU, Boston U, USC
Interviews:
Accepted:
Pitt (11/7; declined), WashU (11/19)
Waitlisted:
Rejections:

I submitted all my apps in mid-October. Of course my top two choices take the longest to respond! Best of luck to everyone!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hello! I wanted to join in on this thread :)

Psychology Major
GPA: 3.62
GRE: 157V, 160Q, 4.0
Observation: 40 hours at an elementary school, hippotherapy organization, and private office (Weakest part of my application, but it was hard to get a ton of hours while working full time and going to night classes for pre-reqs! But I emphasized how my current job at a research foundation relates to evidence-based practice in OT)
Letters of Rec (3) : Occupational Therapist I shadowed, Lab Director at my current job, Army mentor and professor
Applied: D'Youville, TJU, Howard, USC, Nova, Brenau, University of Florida
Interview: TJU (11/9)
Rejections:
Acceptances:
-----UPDATE----
Rejections:
Acceptances: TJU (11/23), USC (12/20)!

Congrats on your acceptance!! Would you mind sharing your stats? Also would you happen to know if scholarships are awarded along with acceptances or is that a separate notification?

@kOT96 - would love to hear from you too! Congrats!
No prob! See the most recent update above. I also have lots of extracurricular (volunteer, work, and leadership) experience that I didn't list. U.S. Army (ROTC and Reserve), Human Rights Campaign, Alabama Alliance for Healthy Youth, Sorority Service Chair, Aceing for Autism, etc.

They did send scholarship info at the same time of my decision letter.

Last edited:
How was the Belmont interview? I have mine coming up in a few weeks!
There will be a LOT of people there so try not to get worried about that.. There is an essay that you answer on the computer, as well as 2 short interviews with faculty. I personally liked the way they did it, but it was a long and tiring day! But worth it!

No idea what I'm going to chose. Any opinions on the schools I got into?

Did you interview for TJU?

Applied: Thomas Jefferson, Temple, Salus, University of the Sciences, Gwenyd Mercy

Interviews: TJU, Temple, Salus
Accepted: Temple, TJU, Usciences

I think I will be going to Jefferson!! I’m a little torn though. I’d love to chat with any other accepted students or anybody in a similar boat. Good luck!!!

Hi! I am interviewing this week for Thomas Jefferson’s transfer program. Can you tell me what the interview was like? I am so terrified of this group interview!

I was accepted at USciences too! Are you considering going? It looks so expensive in comparison to other programs.
Yeah it's really expensive and also longer than the other programs. In UScience's curriculum, there's an entire summer semester without any classes? I'd rather graduate a semester earlier. I got accepted into Widener so I'm going there :).

Update:
Applied: Rockhurst, Texas Tech, Creighton, Nebraska Methodist, Cox, Allen
Interviews: Creighton (Nov 9th), Rockhurst (Dec 1), Texas Tech (November 16th), Nebraska Methodist (November 8th), Allen (Dec 17)
Acceptances: Allen and Nebraska Methodist
Waitlist: Rockhurst, Creighton, Texas Tech
Rejections: None

Waitlist:
Rejections:
Hey! May I ask when you applied to USC? My application was verified end of October and I still haven't heard back.

Thanks!

Hello! I wanted to join in on this thread :)

Psychology Major
GPA: 3.62
GRE: 157V, 160Q, 4.0
Observation: 40 hours at an elementary school, hippotherapy organization, and private office (Weakest part of my application, but it was hard to get a ton of hours while working full time and going to night classes for pre-reqs! But I emphasized how my current job at a research foundation relates to evidence-based practice in OT)
Letters of Rec (3) : Occupational Therapist I shadowed, Lab Director at my current job, Army mentor and professor
Rejections:
Acceptances:
-----UPDATE----
Interview: TJU (11/9), Brenau (1/18 invite, I declined)
Rejections:

-----UPDATE----
Interview: TJU (11/9), Brenau (1/18 invite, I declined)
Rejections:

Hi! Congrats on your acceptances! When did you receive an email from USC stating your application was considered complete and under review? I got an email from them on 1/11/19 saying my application was now complete and under review. Jw how long you waited until hearing back.

Thanks!

Hey! May I ask when you applied to USC? My application was verified end of October and I still haven't heard back.

Thanks!

hi! i applied on november 30th, but my OTCAS application was verified in late october. good luck!