WildZenge Presents: Horizon Zero DaWWn

Started by WildZoo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wasn’t baiting. It just sounds odd for you to essentially be saying “it seems to be bob is a wolf, but gosh darn it what do we do???”

You vote me. Plain and simple. Weird for you to- not know what to do. Idk why you wouldn’t. Could be you are a wolf and don’t want to lead charge on villager. I’d prefer to vote someone who isn’t a villager. But if I am getting misyeeted then I’m going to try to tease out the wolves fanning the flames
Wow I guess you've never seen AM choke
 
I think I'm most interested in bob and genny right now

This is where I'm at too

Now who's echoing? Something weird going on with genny/shorty. Just dont know in which directions.

Well I don't think it's w/w considering shorty voted for her

shorty sounds fine to me, I don't understand the sus. She's playing exactly the way I'd expect her to, just maybe posting less than she normally would
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Color me disappointed...

Day 2 Confidence Is Quiet...You Are Not Vote Tally

sporty(1) - Bob
Bob (2) - Dina, April
genny (1) - shorty

4/13 votes
Leading: @BobLoblaw78
Missing: Most
Deadline: 10pm EST (~13 hours)

Horizon Zero Dawn Ps5 GIF by PlayStation
 
Am I crazy or am I picking up on small subconscious wolf slips

I feel like I'm the only one reading these this way
I’ve seen Bob say things like that as both village and wolf. I’m not sure how much stock to put in it as a result.

One thing before I iso. She did state she didn’t have spreadsheet before. But she sent me a spreadsheet to use my first game. So that didn’t ring true
You might want to read more closely, I said I didn’t have a spreadsheet the one time I wolfed.

This again feels like fabricated conversation to sus someone. And overly explanatory
Who is that comment sussing?

Sounds fabricated.

Shorty:
Chaos didn't know the game had started, IIRC, and genny subbed out for IRL reasons, so I'm not sure you can read into those specific examples of lowposting as being wolf strategy. <end>

This seemed to unnecessarily contradict me (or appear to) when it actually supports my original point


Over explanatory. Of course sporty knows she is village if she is village
This feels like intentionally missing the point of what I was saying.

I feel like this is over explaining why her style is different. Worried that wolf style is showing possibly? Regardless, I think play style is probably more ingrained in a person that doesn’t change after two months.
Worried that I’ll get misyeeted because of an inevitable play style change due to being back in lab.

. Then follow up with at least burned by me. I had wondered earlier if the spreadsheet throw out was to prove how village she was since I had never seen her post it before. I remember I did that strategy early on as a wolf to show how I was being a dutiful villager.
Uh, this is straight up wrong. I post my spreadsheets in every game - the vote tracker and VCA tracker.

Maybe she is overly wordy as village and I haven’t noticed as much.
I wrote a wall post in CYO II that was so long, the forum software forced me to split it into 4 posts before it would post. And my ISOs come with tl;drs because of how many people complained about the length. I’m not concise.
 
I’ve seen Bob say things like that as both village and wolf. I’m not sure how much stock to put in it as a result.


You might want to read more closely, I said I didn’t have a spreadsheet the one time I wolfed.


Who is that comment sussing?


This feels like intentionally missing the point of what I was saying.


Worried that I’ll get misyeeted because of an inevitable play style change due to being back in lab.


Uh, this is straight up wrong. I post my spreadsheets in every game - the vote tracker and VCA tracker.


I wrote a wall post in CYO II that was so long, the forum software forced me to split it into 4 posts before it would post. And my ISOs come with tl;drs because of how many people complained about the length. I’m not concise.
I can’t argue too much. Again. I thought it was thin but when no one is really sticking out as super wolfy you try reaching for something. And that is what I got from a quick iso.

I probably should’ve just said it was “feels” that way I didn’t have to give examples. For that matter, it is sloppy to say feels bc there is no objective proof. I guess that is all you have sometimes.

I can’t believe I have always missed your spreadsheet bc that is pretty distinctive. But apparently I did.
 
As an aside, I usually held off early votes bc it means so little evidence to use for vote and I am unsure of my votes enough anyway. I have made effort to vote early last several times since I heard it helps village. It def don’t seem to be helping village or me. It’s probably a good strategy, but I obviously can’t do it well enough.

I’ll let you know if I have any brilliant ideas but will be tied up with driving and games this evening. FYI
 
I can’t believe I have always missed your spreadsheet bc that is pretty distinctive. But apparently I did.
I looked to see which games we've actually played together, and it looks like it's just England and Baby Animals. I subbed out early in one and died immediately in the other, so minimal opportunities for spreadsheet posts.

I'm a little surprised though, I thought we'd played more together than just 2 games.
 
As an aside, I usually held off early votes bc it means so little evidence to use for vote and I am unsure of my votes enough anyway. I have made effort to vote early last several times since I heard it helps village. It def don’t seem to be helping village or me.
Why?
 
As an aside, I usually held off early votes bc it means so little evidence to use for vote and I am unsure of my votes enough anyway. I have made effort to vote early last several times since I heard it helps village. It def don’t seem to be helping village or me. It’s probably a good strategy, but I obviously can’t do it well enough.

I’ll let you know if I have any brilliant ideas but will be tied up with driving and games this evening. FYI
I mean, I don't see anyone bothered specifically by you voting early. Least of all me. I'm just confused by your content posts outside of your vote.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really don’t feel great about bob right now. The only thing that’s given me pause is people saying that bob has a large baseline sketch level, so it’s hard to tell whether village or wolf sketch.
But I don’t understand a lot of his pushes for various people and I want to get a vote on the board early

Yeet bob
 
I looked to see which games we've actually played together, and it looks like it's just England and Baby Animals. I subbed out early in one and died immediately in the other, so minimal opportunities for spreadsheet posts.

I'm a little surprised though, I thought we'd played more together than just 2 games.
Yeah. Seems like waaay more

I mean, I don't see anyone bothered by specifically by you voting early. Least of all me. I'm just confused by your content posts outside just your vote.
I agree. I said it is bc I can’t do it right. Nothing wrong with the theory. Just logging it away for future reference when I don’t exactly do it.

I’m not saying it’s not my content either.
 
I agree. I said it is bc I can’t do it right. Nothing wrong with the theory. Just logging it away for future reference when I don’t exactly do it.
Is there a right and a wrong way to place an early vote? I don't really get the logic. You're allowed to be wrong for an early vote just as much as you're allowed to be wrong for the final yeet vote, if anything it's less pressure because you have time to move it. If you're reading someone wolfy, all it takes is putting in a vote
 
Hmm, that’s interesting since your reasoning for voting me for prime minister in England was partially that you’d never misread me at endgame, and you haven’t misread me in any games since then. What changed?
Idk that was a lot of games ago and I just don’t feel confident that I can read you this game. Either I’m having sporty/shorty dysphoria, or something is off.
 
I think this is the most actively defensive I've ever seen Bob. I think the only time I've seen him wolf was Olympics? and I was dead pretty early. Defensiveness in and of itself is not wolfy (i definitely get defensive if it's looking like I'm on my way to a misyeet) but this feels different from my previous experiences with village bob? It might also be a factor of getting more experience therefore more ability to defend though
 
I think this is the most actively defensive I've ever seen Bob. I think the only time I've seen him wolf was Olympics? and I was dead pretty early. Defensiveness in and of itself is not wolfy (i definitely get defensive if it's looking like I'm on my way to a misyeet) but this feels different from my previous experiences with village bob? It might also be a factor of getting more experience therefore more ability to defend though
The only other time he wolfed was Madagascar, so yep.

I don't really know how to interpret him pushing me because I wouldn't expect a wolf to pick me as a potential misyeet target - I haven't been misyeeted since my first non-noob game, I'm not an easy push. That makes me feel like it could be villagey since he's persisted with it (although hasn't put a vote there). But on the other hand, I've seen wolf!Bob push AM, who is definitely not an easy misyeet, so it wouldn't be outside his range.
 
The only other time he wolfed was Madagascar, so yep.

I don't really know how to interpret him pushing me because I wouldn't expect a wolf to pick me as a potential misyeet target - I haven't been misyeeted since my first non-noob game, I'm not an easy push. That makes me feel like it could be villagey since he's persisted with it (although hasn't put a vote there). But on the other hand, I've seen wolf!Bob push AM, who is definitely not an easy misyeet, so it wouldn't be outside his range.
Actually I don't think wolf reading you would be a non-wolf move. Pushing someone you think isn't going to flip any time soon is a good way to stay neutral on VCA as long as village is taking care of the accidental misyeets. That was even the defense Bob was using about Mel's vote - he thought he wouldn't want to be on the villager when they flipped, and a wolf would be more likely to put their vote somewhere quiet. I don't have a single village point to give him for pushing you
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can you remind me what you're finding wolfy about genny?

Mostly her play so far has not been very involved at all. The answer to my question about shorty was a total punt, and Im not liking the interaction between her and shorty there. Shorty's wall of April sus seemed way overkill. In fact

vote shorty

and we'll follow along.
 
I have skimmed. I saw something about phrasing. Bob’s a smart guy despite the class clown act, and I don’t think he had any Freudian slips like that when he wolfed before. Unless I’ve skimmed over something else?
No, he's definitely said things like this as a wolf. The thing is it's not wolf-exclusive behavior.
 
Well I don't think it's w/w considering shorty voted for her

This is exactly the kind of thing thats bothering me though. I totally missed shortys vote last night and just saw it on reread. Was going to make a separate comment about it, but looks like you brought it up. I voted genny D1, I ask genny what she thinks about a rising sus read on my list, she punts to "i dunno," then shorty starts in with a weird "interesting cause youve claimed to be able to read me before," and then drops a vote on genny. Maybe a way to create separation by making it look like they cant be w/w. And I never claimed both were, but I think at least one is. I think theres only like 2 votes on genny maybe? Havent seen a tally. Its not like she's in danger at the moment, and plenty of time for shorty to move her vote.

ETA: She is the only vote on genny atm.
 
Last edited:
"as well" as what else?
As well as Bob and Mel.
No? Who says Im not going to go back to her? You of all people should know about pushing someone by voting them. Will shorty stay on genny after a few votes accumulate there?
Because pushing a bussing plot seems unrealistic and I don't know why you have that on the brain.
 
Let me put it out there so I can at least possibly be a NK instead of misyeet. I don’t see anything beneficial in waiting (to see wolf fan the flames). If I was wolf I would see no reason to push my misyeet further bc it has plenty of momentum on its own.

I have the ability to steal someone else’s ability and use it the following night. Pretty cool in the fact I get an ability, but can also possibly surmise that the person is village if it is an obvious village ability. So steal ability and seer-lite.

I picked AM first night. Obv blocked. I picked shorty for tonight (I originally picked MsP but changed). I picked ppl I thought were more village than not bc I want to be able to steal. I assume if I pick wolf then I won’t get ability and won’t know for sure they are wolf (blocked or whatever reason). I figured if I picked villagelean and got village ability, it would mostly confirm them as village. I didn’t pick Dina or Mel (my two big village reads) bc I don’t think the info would add much (bc I would go from 90% sure to 92% sure).
 
Let me put it out there so I can at least possibly be a NK instead of misyeet. I don’t see anything beneficial in waiting (to see wolf fan the flames). If I was wolf I would see no reason to push my misyeet further bc it has plenty of momentum on its own.

I have the ability to steal someone else’s ability and use it the following night. Pretty cool in the fact I get an ability, but can also possibly surmise that the person is village if it is an obvious village ability. So steal ability and seer-lite.

I picked AM first night. Obv blocked. I picked shorty for tonight (I originally picked MsP but changed). I picked ppl I thought were more village than not bc I want to be able to steal. I assume if I pick wolf then I won’t get ability and won’t know for sure they are wolf (blocked or whatever reason). I figured if I picked villagelean and got village ability, it would mostly confirm them as village. I didn’t pick Dina or Mel (my two big village reads) bc I don’t think the info would add much (bc I would go from 90% sure to 92% sure).
Why did you target me? If you're using it as a seer, wouldn't it make more sense to use it on wolfy people?

You also say you wouldn't be able to tell if a wolf's ability is wolfy, but how can you be sure what a village ability is then if you don't know how to differentiate?
 
Mostly her play so far has not been very involved at all. The answer to my question about shorty was a total punt, and Im not liking the interaction between her and shorty there. Shorty's wall of April sus seemed way overkill.
In what way? Is this like in CYO when I said I was going to evaluate Vissy, evaluated Vissy through an ISO, and then you came on thread with this whole thing of "well if you're village reading her, why did you ISO her?" Because it seems like once again, I did what I said I was going to do, and you're trying to make a thing out of it.

This is exactly the kind of thing thats bothering me though. I totally missed shortys vote last night and just saw it on reread. Was going to make a separate comment about it, but looks like you brought it up. I voted genny D1, I ask genny what she thinks about a rising sus read on my list, she punts to "i dunno," then shorty starts in with a weird "interesting cause youve claimed to be able to read me before," and then drops a vote on genny. Maybe a way to create separation by making it look like they cant be w/w. And I never claimed both were, but I think at least one is. I think theres only like 2 votes on genny maybe? Havent seen a tally. Its not like she's in danger at the moment, and plenty of time for shorty to move her vote.

ETA: She is the only vote on genny atm.
Explain why that's weird.

Let me put it out there so I can at least possibly be a NK instead of misyeet. I don’t see anything beneficial in waiting (to see wolf fan the flames). If I was wolf I would see no reason to push my misyeet further bc it has plenty of momentum on its own.

I have the ability to steal someone else’s ability and use it the following night. Pretty cool in the fact I get an ability, but can also possibly surmise that the person is village if it is an obvious village ability. So steal ability and seer-lite.

I picked AM first night. Obv blocked. I picked shorty for tonight (I originally picked MsP but changed). I picked ppl I thought were more village than not bc I want to be able to steal. I assume if I pick wolf then I won’t get ability and won’t know for sure they are wolf (blocked or whatever reason). I figured if I picked villagelean and got village ability, it would mostly confirm them as village. I didn’t pick Dina or Mel (my two big village reads) bc I don’t think the info would add much (bc I would go from 90% sure to 92% sure).
Why would you assume this?
 
Let me put it out there so I can at least possibly be a NK instead of misyeet. I don’t see anything beneficial in waiting (to see wolf fan the flames). If I was wolf I would see no reason to push my misyeet further bc it has plenty of momentum on its own.

I have the ability to steal someone else’s ability and use it the following night. Pretty cool in the fact I get an ability, but can also possibly surmise that the person is village if it is an obvious village ability. So steal ability and seer-lite.

I picked AM first night. Obv blocked. I picked shorty for tonight (I originally picked MsP but changed). I picked ppl I thought were more village than not bc I want to be able to steal. I assume if I pick wolf then I won’t get ability and won’t know for sure they are wolf (blocked or whatever reason). I figured if I picked villagelean and got village ability, it would mostly confirm them as village. I didn’t pick Dina or Mel (my two big village reads) bc I don’t think the info would add much (bc I would go from 90% sure to 92% sure).

How would you know exactly the distinction between village and wolf abilities?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The whole exchange just seemed odd to me. The sentence alone wasnt, but it pinged me given the whole context.
So you asked someone who you were wolf leaning enough to vote yesterday a question, she dodged the question, I called her out on the dodge, and somehow, that makes you more sus of me than of her?
 
Let me put it out there so I can at least possibly be a NK instead of misyeet. I don’t see anything beneficial in waiting (to see wolf fan the flames). If I was wolf I would see no reason to push my misyeet further bc it has plenty of momentum on its own.

I have the ability to steal someone else’s ability and use it the following night. Pretty cool in the fact I get an ability, but can also possibly surmise that the person is village if it is an obvious village ability. So steal ability and seer-lite.

I picked AM first night. Obv blocked. I picked shorty for tonight (I originally picked MsP but changed). I picked ppl I thought were more village than not bc I want to be able to steal. I assume if I pick wolf then I won’t get ability and won’t know for sure they are wolf (blocked or whatever reason). I figured if I picked villagelean and got village ability, it would mostly confirm them as village. I didn’t pick Dina or Mel (my two big village reads) bc I don’t think the info would add much (bc I would go from 90% sure to 92% sure).
Especially given the fact that I believe the instructions say that there arent specific role names, etc strictly for the reason of preventing game-solving by using this method.