WildZenge Presents: Horizon Zero DaWWn

Started by WildZoo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, I felt bad too, but the reality is that whenever I said that, I meant it, I wasn't kidding. I didn't feel your tone was different this time, it was more an issue with content as Mel pointed out.
This seems like an overly explained forced exchange.
Dude, I don't see the hedge. I'm not seeing you as particularly village this game. You come off less obviously village than you have in games past. I'm trying to remember what wolf game I played this year that wasn't Bioshock, where I basically felt you needed to die N1 because your posts were that good.

Maybe I can't pick up Shorty's game by game micro tone shifts because she hasn't played in a while. I also took some issue with some of her content.

Your criticism of that particular post by me feels particularly weak.
This is a follow up to above but I can’t remember exactly where I was going to go with it.

Main thing, it pinged me as possible fabricated wolf exchange. I wanted to hold off and watch but there it is
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ok so
shorty=dina>cray=April>AM>TME=sport>cubs>genny=MsP>mel>bob

shorty and dina I'm following both of their logic trains pretty well, and they way theyre interacting with people seems pretty village so far
April would actually be in with them if it wasn't for me still feeling weird about the alley vote last night. I still dont like the coordination she prompted with Dina, but I dont think that it's damning on its own
I followed cray's night posts really well and they made me feel pretty good about her
The way AM is interacting with everyone gives me village AM vibes
TME I'm having a really hard time getting a read on, overall village tone but nothing leaping out to me as village
sport I can't really get a good grip on, especially with not being able to analyze the alley vote bc it was self prez
cubs I think sounds like what I remember village cubs sounding like last I played
genny and MsP i need to hear more from
Then I don't love how mel is interacting with people, but I recognise that that may be my own personal bias of play style
then as I caught up today I felt worse and worse about bob. I didn't follow a lot of his logic, his reads list looks a little like mine upside down, and some of my strongest village reads are catching bad vibes
Yes!!! Wait. Is this ordered from most sus to least? Or vice versa?
 
It was a joke. Cray has said my tone is different D1 in literally every game I've played with her aside from the first one (and now this one).
Nice stretch though.
I got that part. But it seemed like an “aw shucks. I would love to say your tone is different but it isn’t. You really do sound very village”
 
be very very careful with this thinking w shorty lol
something I've learned about both her and I is type A does not mean village,
I think we both continue to keep spreadsheets even when we wolf (not wolf leaning her, just pointing this out)
Actually the only time shorty has wolfed was in the noob game and her play was veeeery different then compared to all her village games
 
OK I keep getting error messages when I try to post on here, I'm not sure what's going on. I did an ISO, but I keep getting a browser console message, and then I tried to just post this and it said "please enter a valid message."
SDN is throwing some serious shade here
 
tl;dr: my main hang-up with April is that she gave some very vague, wishy-washy comments about getting wolf vibes from alley, never specified what those were, and then voted there even though she'd acknowledged that alley is often sketchy D1. Without having clear context of what was pinging her, it felt like going for a low-hanging fruit (and succeeding). On the other hand, the last second pile-on was very conspicuous, and that would be a risky move for a wolf to take because of the increased scrutiny it draws the next day. I still don't like her alley vote and the lack of her own reasons for it beyond "she was pinging me and my village reads," but the rest of her posts didn't ping me enough on reread to make me want to vote there today, especially with how I always get hung up on her play in early game. Overall: moving April slightly up to neutral.
You know very well that my most genuine (does not equal correct) reads are feels and typically not "this person is sus because x y and z," especially early in the game, so I don't see how that could come as a wolfy surprise
Some of these are out of order because I grouped comments that were on the same topic
Temporally, this vote was placed later than the "typical" salt/joke votes, but it was also only page 2 of the thread, and page 1 was primarily fluff.


This was after Dina and Bob dropped votes on her within the same minute. I thought the timing was interesting,



This still feels like a bit of an overreaction to me on reread. I think it's primarily the bolded sentence that makes it feel that way - it's pretty aggressive. I have issues with Bob's reasoning too, which I've discussed on the thread already. It's possible that April had a big reaction like this because she's been a D1 misyeet before.


This response to cubs felt off. I'm not sure I can articulate why.


This is a valid point.


This was in response to my reads post, where I had alley in my village leans. I don't remember if April actually says later what was pinging her about alley, we'll see as we proceed.

Nope. She doesn't - she alludes to it in this post below, but never actually says what specific posts were getting her attention.




These are fair points, especially since I haven't played for a bit and have never played with village!cubs. Yesterday, I felt like these were examples of her defending people in a way that I've seen her do before when she's wolfing, but they're not coming across that way on reread. The ones quoted below remind me of that a little more - I don't remember which game it was where April was wolfing and white knighted me, but this felt similar to it:



The reason it struck me as similar was Sporty had commented on a specific post, and even said she wasn't sure if she felt like it was weird or not, but April jumped in there anyway to say it was NAI.

Here's some more light defense of cubs, but this, like her quote above talking about him and TME, was a more natural insertion into the discussion. I did consider this point last night when I was deciding where to vote (along with the fact that my D1 wolf vibes meter needs to be recalibrated).




On reread, it does seem like a disproportionately big deal was made out of April's vote - I think partially because Bob made such a thing out of it (joking or not), but I think some of it was because of the timing, even though much of the thread hadn't voted yet.

@Dinashadow, what did you expect from April?


April has wolfed with pleasy before, and I agree with her assessment here. In addition to the hedginess (which I mentioned in my own reads often gets her wolf-read), pleasy does really up her sass game when she's village. She can be one of those low-hanging fruits for people to misyeet, and I liked April's evaluation on her.


@Aprilthearab, what pinged you about Dina?


This was less than an hour to voting close when the vote on Mel that was originally for funsies morphed to being a pressure vote. Without any follow-up on what specifically was bothering her about alley, it's difficult for me to interpret this in the context of where her vote ended up.


This was a slight bit of pressure on genny, but she doesn't continue to push there.



This still feels groce, especially with April never actually saying what it was about alley that was making her think she was wolfy, particularly when she'd already acknowledged that alley often seems sketchy D1.


I liked that she called Cray out for this because it did seem hypocritical given how Cray has gone after samac for PM coordination in previous games.




Bolded - I'd interpreted her earlier comment about how she saw that Mel was there but she was waiting for contributions as her vote shifting to a pressure vote. I don't know if she was perhaps not asking questions because she was waiting for the pbpa that was promised and never materialized, but Mel makes a good point here that she didn't make an effort to engage with him.



So here's the thing: she vaguely said that she wasn't getting good vibes from alley, but then never specified what those were, and then went along with it when her village reads went to yeet alley on D1 (again). Knowing that alley can be misyeeted pretty easily - this isn't the first time in the last couple months where she was misyeeted D1 - swinging the vote there for reasons that she never actually stated, and relying on other people's reads to get there, feels like taking the easy way out. Pleasy at least articulated why she was wolf reading alley and I could follow how she got there, even if I disagreed with her.


I feel this, but hope we'll see some evolution of wolf leans from April as this cycle goes on.


I thought it was still talking about Sporty's vote. How did you interpret it after this comment, @Aprilthearab?
It's gonna take me a minute to go through the huge ISO lol, also a small request - if you could tag me outside of the ISO spoiler so you could direct my attention to your questions inside the ISO, I'll be a lot more likely to respond to them since I didn't notice you had asked me those questions until I quoted the post
 
This still feels like a bit of an overreaction to me on reread. I think it's primarily the bolded sentence that makes it feel that way - it's pretty aggressive. I have issues with Bob's reasoning too, which I've discussed on the thread already. It's possible that April had a big reaction like this because she's been a D1 misyeet before.
Again, I read it in my head/was intending for others to read it as inquisitive and not aggressive or retaliatory.
@Aprilthearab, what pinged you about Dina?
I'd have to go back and look, it's another feels thing where she sounds villagey but I feel the need to pause and wonder if it's coming from a genuine place or not. I don't have a specific example to pull right now
This was a slight bit of pressure on genny, but she doesn't continue to push there.
Genny is someone I'd be interested in looking back on to see if I get wolfy vibes on re-read, I don't feel like I've had any village points to give her so far.

I thought it was still talking about Sporty's vote. How did you interpret it after this comment, @Aprilthearab?[/spoiler]
Here's the progression showing how he was talking about Mel's vote (bolded):
Is this Mel read hinged solely upon wolf!Sporty or is it independent of that?
No. Independent.

He would’ve left his vote on me if he was wolf. I think switching draws attention. Makes him look wolfish. He could be doing it as TWTBW cred but unlikely. I think he would’ve just laid low.
Mel's vote was never on you. He only voted once, and it was for Sporty.
Ah. I’m not sure how much that changes things. But as a wolf I would still not want to be part of a misyeet
Asking for someone else to direct your own vote always reads wolfy to me

As a wolf, you've got two choices in that situation - self prez on a misyeet or die. Basically any self-respecting wolf will choose the self prez. A last-minute vote placement on someone they were hesitating to yeet would be way more incriminating if the person who died ended up flipping wolf.
Oh wait I think I misread this as still talking about Sporty's vote, nevermind. But I still don't think someone being on a misyeet means they're not a wolf. Sure, they might want to avoid being on the wagon that flips, but wolves are going to want to misyeet villagers and it's easy to play it off as "I'm a villager so I didn't know any better" and not get too much sus for it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm on her paranoia list, I don't think she thinks I sound village lol
Fair point.

We don’t get to pick our Wolfpack. I don’t plan on moving you to wolf territory. But I do plan on Checking back (edit- compatability)towards endgame (very optimistic viewpoint for me to be around)
 
Last edited:
We were on the subject of waffles and I mentioned that I would unfortunately very likely end up as a waffle. I didn't just randomly blurt it out. And I saw that you had just arrived on thread and were catching up, and I didn't have anything specific to ask of you, so I figured I'd let you catch up and observe your posts and interactions instead of interrupting.
I’m hoping to see your thoughts on the stuff I said. What is your analysis of the content?
 
I thinking it might help to differentiate players based on organized and disorganized. I think I'm disorganized along with others. But AM, Mel, maybe Cubs are more organized, which threatens me as a wolf.
For instance, me pushing a village misyeet is general Wolfpack strategy. Buddying up would be saying how great a fellow wolf is and how obvious it is they are village.

Right now, I would say I was buddying up Dina by saying she is very likely village.
We don’t get to pick our Wolfpack. I don’t plan on moving you to wolf territory. But I do plan on Checking back towards endgame (very optimistic viewpoint for me to be around)
Am I crazy or am I picking up on small subconscious wolf slips

I feel like I'm the only one reading these this way
 
Yeet Bob

Weird bob keeps turning more and more into illogical wolfy bob and I appreciate that at least a couple other people have pointed out how his play here matches his wolf meta. I still don't know if the references to being a wolf and in a pack are truly reflecting his current status but it's definitely not making me feel better
 
Am I crazy or am I picking up on small subconscious wolf slips

I feel like I'm the only one reading these this way
The first two contradict. Bc if I have buddied anyone it is Dina, Mel Cubs. But if I am threatened by AM, Mel, Cubs then 2/3 conflict.

Also. If you think I would say buddying up was a wolf move. Then tell you who I was buddying up (and that they were wolf), I would be very stupid. You have a better chance to say I was playing TWTBW card.
 
I have been working 8-6 and getting home at 7 the last several days. My end of day vote is because that is literally the first chance I had to read the thread. If you’re criticizing my play for a self prez, then you better start looking elsewhere

That sucks about work.

Right now, I’m not reading anyone overtly wolf so I’m just going to the bottom of my list.
Most village to least
Dina- can’t see a wolf moving their vote the way she did. Too much exposure and to wind up on alley

Mel/Cubs- (not ignoring possibility of pocket attempts)
Cray- normal with some pings. Hopefully due to amount of posts.
AM- normal
TME
Pleasey
Supershorty- lots of effort but also some ping
MsP
Genny- I don’t like lack of participation she is having and I previously saw with
April
Sporty

Not a great list but I feel good about the top.
What specifically about cubs and I puts us at the top? You have two of the most wolf-read players near the top of your village reads, I'mma need some explanation.

elaborate more on your shorty pings.
 
I see them. I just don't really know what to do with them.
I hold your sniffer in higher esteem than for you to agree with this. You are saying that you think I am subconsciously repeatedly dropping hints on who is in my Wolfpack? And that you don’t know what to do with that info???

If you believe that, you should yeet me and all my subconscious pack mates that i outed. That is exactly what you do if you believe that. That don’t seem that hard to realize. Unless you want others to do it and not have blood on your hands.

I think I have caused a lot of wasted time and effort this game. Sorry to lead you guys into the weeds.
 
What specifically about cubs and I puts us at the top? You have two of the most wolf-read players near the top of your village reads, I'mma need some explanation.

elaborate more on your shorty pings.
Your vote didn’t feel like a good wolf move/vote. Then you chided people for taking lazy vote on me. Again, not a smart move for a wolf. I think you wolf infinitely better. Otherwise, I have more often been unsure of your affiliation.

Cubs was the same reasoning without the vote. But I do feel like I have read Cubs well in the past. Outside of him posting more in the last, IIRC, he seems to have same tone as villager.

I will have to iso shorty to see
 
I hold your sniffer in higher esteem than for you to agree with this. You are saying that you think I am subconsciously repeatedly dropping hints on who is in my Wolfpack? And that you don’t know what to do with that info???

If you believe that, you should yeet me and all my subconscious pack mates that i outed. That is exactly what you do if you believe that. That don’t seem that hard to realize. Unless you want others to do it and not have blood on your hands.

I think I have caused a lot of wasted time and effort this game. Sorry to lead you guys into the weeds.
What? Why are you forcing me into a black and white view of it? Even if you are a wolf, that doesn't mean those are your exact partners. I'm trying to think this over while getting info from others. I don't understand why you're trying to bait me into voting for you.
 
What specifically about cubs and I puts us at the top? You have two of the most wolf-read players near the top of your village reads, I'mma need some explanation.

elaborate more on your shorty pings.
One thing before I iso. She did state she didn’t have spreadsheet before. But she sent me a spreadsheet to use my first game. So that didn’t ring true
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hold your sniffer in higher esteem than for you to agree with this. You are saying that you think I am subconsciously repeatedly dropping hints on who is in my Wolfpack? And that you don’t know what to do with that info???
These subconscious slips aren't indicating who is in your wolf pack, just that you are in one. Kind of interesting that you said here "who is in your wolf pack", not "who would be in your wolf pack if you had a pack".
 
Your vote didn’t feel like a good wolf move/vote. Then you chided people for taking lazy vote on me. Again, not a smart move for a wolf. I think you wolf infinitely better. Otherwise, I have more often been unsure of your affiliation.
Why can't a wolf call a vote lazy? If anything, his comment was more about tearing other people down than defending you. Why would you put it below Mel's wolf game?
 
@Melchizedek can I hear your thoughts in Cray?

Also @genny do you have thoughts on Mel?
in my more likely village than not based on some of her early comments on Sporty's play and the evolution of said sporty read. Now that I'm caught up and see where I misread in my scanning, I don't agree with her about Sporty anymore. Having pushed Sporty's vote as either alignment, Sporty gets spicy (unlike her tacos hand salads).

The progression from feelz to pushing to analysis of tone, feels in line with Village!Cray logic though
 
Interesting that you make this comparison - I mentioned to Zenge yesterday I was getting some flashbacks to England when DocE did the same thing. For similar reasons, IIRC.
This again feels like fabricated conversation to sus someone. And overly explanatory
Ngl Cray, I was a little disappointed that you didn’t say my tone was different yesterday - I felt like that was turning into a D1 tradition/almost inside joke and now the streak has been broken.
Sounds fabricated.

Shorty:
Chaos didn't know the game had started, IIRC, and genny subbed out for IRL reasons, so I'm not sure you can read into those specific examples of lowposting as being wolf strategy. <end>

This seemed to unnecessarily contradict me (or appear to) when it actually supports my original point

Ok, but by this point (bolded), if Sporty is village, she KNOWS she's village, and even if she was pretty sure alley wasn't a wolf, it wouldn't be a guarantee the way that it would be knowing her own aff. There was nowhere else to throw the vote in those final 3 minutes to self prez other than onto alley - the tie was between the 2 of them.

If you were in that situation as a villager, with <3 minutes left, would you do anything differently?
Over explanatory. Of course sporty knows she is village if she is village
I feel like my reads post was less a reflection of not playing in a few months and more the fact that this is the first game I'm playing where I'm also back in lab full-time. I'm skimming on my phone during the day, and the result is less of the microanalyses that I think people have come to expect from me camping the thread (which I did in every other game I played because I was at home).

In any event, I went to look at my last D1 reads post to see if it was really that shockingly different, and it's not. There was more content early in CYO II that I could talk about with my village reads in particular (the whole discard discussion thing), but overall, pretty similar read. I'm wordy. It's in my signature - wall post crafter.
I feel like this is over explaining why her style is different. Worried that wolf style is showing possibly? Regardless, I think play style is probably more ingrained in a person that doesn’t change after two months.
Yeah, I haven't had a chance to dive into some people's posts yet, but I will when I get home (and I'll add explanations for these). In terms of wolfier leans:

I've moved Bob down - I'm not following his logic today, and I've only seen him argue with AM when he's wolfing. I really don't like his reasoning for the Sporty vote.
April is still concerning me. I don't think she and Bob are w/w though, and she's one of the people whose posts I want to go through when I have time.


Village leans:
AM
pleasy
TME's posts today made me feel a lot better about her
Dina

Neutrals (ordered):
cubs
MsP
Sporty
Cray
Mel = genny - mainly feel like I want to see more before I feel like I have a read on them. Mel's tunnel on me felt vaguely village, like DocE's tunnel in England.
I’ve had many run ins with AM. Not just wolfing.
Huh? I haven't randed wolf since I started doing spreadsheets, I didn't have one in the noob game.
I agree with you that the spreadsheet shouldn't be an automatic ticket to a village read, but the bolded makes it sound like you've gotten burned by this before and you haven't, at least not by me.
This sounds weird to say someone hasn’t ever got burned by spreadsheet by anyone. Then follow up with at least burned by me. I had wondered earlier if the spreadsheet throw out was to prove how village she was since I had never seen her post it before. I remember I did that strategy early on as a wolf to show how I was being a dutiful villager.

Maybe I didn’t realize her last time to wolf was eons ago and she has had spreadsheet.

Maybe she is overly wordy as village and I haven’t noticed as much.

But these were several slight pings. Throw in her and cray interactions seemed less than authentic. And I started wondering. I was going to hold off and watch from afar but decided to finally share thoughts. Bc it is feeling like a short game for me.
 
you kind of white-knighted Mel.
Thats me, the damsel in distress

faf50f1f7ab5a540d54722c085917bee.gif

why don't I remember Olympics?
@Keeper of the Annals of WW Lore did I play olympics? What happened to me?
 
What? Why are you forcing me into a black and white view of it? Even if you are a wolf, that doesn't mean those are your exact partners. I'm trying to think this over while getting info from others. I don't understand why you're trying to bait me into voting for you.
I wasn’t baiting. It just sounds odd for you to essentially be saying “it seems to be bob is a wolf, but gosh darn it what do we do???”

You vote me. Plain and simple. Weird for you to- not know what to do. Idk why you wouldn’t. Could be you are a wolf and don’t want to lead charge on villager. I’d prefer to vote someone who isn’t a villager. But if I am getting misyeeted then I’m going to try to tease out the wolves fanning the flames
 
I wasn’t baiting. It just sounds odd for you to essentially be saying “it seems to be bob is a wolf, but gosh darn it what do we do???”

You vote me. Plain and simple. Weird for you to- not know what to do. Idk why you wouldn’t. Could be you are a wolf and don’t want to lead charge on villager. I’d prefer to vote someone who isn’t a villager. But if I am getting misyeeted then I’m going to try to tease out the wolves fanning the flames
If that's what I meant, I would have said it. I'm noting it as weird phrasing regardless of affiliation. The problem is I know you will say intentionally say extremely incriminating things as a wolf then joke them off. The other problem is you also been nearly misyeeted for the same reason as village. So I'm conflicted whether I want to go here again today or get someone else under pressure as well.

I don't really understand your push on shorty though.
 
These subconscious slips aren't indicating who is in your wolf pack, just that you are in one. Kind of interesting that you said here "who is in your wolf pack", not "who would be in your wolf pack if you had a pack".
Nah. I’m just a very empathetic person. Which is why I don’t necessarily like wolfing or misyeeting villagers. But it does mean I can look at things objectively. If not through the other persons viewpoint first. I always get told (IRL) that I see the other persons side too much and for playing wolf’s (devils) advocate
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If that's what I meant, I would have said it. I'm noting it as weird phrasing regardless of affiliation. The problem is I know you will say intentionally say extremely incriminating things as a wolf then joke them off. The other problem is you also been nearly misyeeted for the same reason as village. So I'm conflicted whether I want to go here again today or get someone else under pressure as well.

I don't really understand your push on shorty though.
Yep. I am way more comfy to say incriminating things as a joke when I am village than wolf. But the frustrating thing is I don’t think I’ve done that this game with the jokes (cue someone to rush in and say I’m subconciousky implicating myself). But my wording or thinking is to blame
 
If that's what I meant, I would have said it. I'm noting it as weird phrasing regardless of affiliation. The problem is I know you will say intentionally say extremely incriminating things as a wolf then joke them off. The other problem is you also been nearly misyeeted for the same reason as village. So I'm conflicted whether I want to go here again today or get someone else under pressure as well.

I don't really understand your push on shorty though.
Oh. I didn’t answer shorty part. She truly has been mixed bag. I really held off bc I didn’t want to falsely implicate with such slight pings. But after a while, I think it is our job to point out something if you see and not be bias
 
Nothing setting off alarm bells yet. He sounds like village Mel so far.

I don’t know that I have a good history reading shorty? Which makes me uncomfortable leaning her one way or the other. I feel the same way about reading her that I do with sporty - just doesn’t click for me.

I’m more comfortable with AM, Mel, cubs, Dina, April in terms of forming reads. Village leans so far, with April and AM most village.
Why April?