WildZenge Presents: Horizon Zero DaWWn

Started by WildZoo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pretty sure at least once in some bastard or semi-bastard game a villager ability/action led to a wolf conversion.
Yeah. In The Little Mermaid I was a villager, and my ability was to resurrect one player...who automatically came back as a wolf 😢
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Village lean to be reassessed later because it’s a pure tone read based on the specific way she self-Prez’d and there was a comment she made when someone asked her to justify her own tone read
I thought you were still wolfreading her yesterday after you witnessed this though.

Did any other reads change?
 
But do we really? Genny is really good at WIFOM and not being overly predictable.
I mean that's fair, but then you get into this cycle where you just have no clue so you have to flip her just to find out. I'm not saying we won't get there at some future point in the game, but I think it's better to stay away from that until we have to.
 
How nice of you to make a broad assumption of my play this game when I've been gone for 36-some odd hours and have most certainly been making reads of more than just you.
Beyond tunnel, I should say wolf playbook move of "especially antagonize someone without let up."

I agree tunnel implies you aren't wolf reading elsrwhere.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh hey @Ms Procrastinator I see you're catching up, any reads?

I still have some of the same reads as yesterday. Can we use another name for sporty/ shorty cause I feel like they're a little too close? Bob made a comment and I don't know if he mixed up sporty with shorty or he's just plain confused. The was nothing coincidental or weird about the question shorty asked sporty. It was one of the concerns that sporty (and a few other people on the thread) brought up so shorty asked her how she felt about it later.

Now I'm grouping Sporty and Bob together in a pack. He seemed to agree with sporty that shorty's question was weirdly coincidental, but then votes sporty anyway
 
Wait, you asked me questions? Did I miss them?
okay, one question and a statement, but you replied so you didn't miss them
I think he's implying that we're wrong about genny and you're taking advantage of that to join in on a misyeet, not necessarily that you're bussing genny

at least that's my concern

is there a reason you felt your third vote on her would make something more exciting happen after my vote with pretty much the exact same reasoning?
 
This feels overall "meh" which is basically the type of reads I give when I'm wolfing. Afraid of laying down anything definitive in case in condemns me later. Doesn't mean April wolfs the same but it's not encouraging for my read on her this game.

Why genny and not April? You had talked about wolf reading april for several posts before this.
Lol I can't decide if I agree with SP or we have opposite reads
 
I still have some of the same reads as yesterday. Can we use another name for sporty/ shorty cause I feel like they're a little too close? Bob made a comment and I don't know if he mixed up sporty with shorty or he's just plain confused. The was nothing coincidental or weird about the question shorty asked sporty. It was one of the concerns that sporty (and a few other people on the thread) brought up so shorty asked her how she felt about it later.

Now I'm grouping Sporty and Bob together in a pack. He seemed to agree with sporty that shorty's question was weirdly coincidental, but then votes sporty anyway
No, we can just use proper capitalization.
 
I still have some of the same reads as yesterday. Can we use another name for sporty/ shorty cause I feel like they're a little too close? Bob made a comment and I don't know if he mixed up sporty with shorty or he's just plain confused. The was nothing coincidental or weird about the question shorty asked sporty. It was one of the concerns that sporty (and a few other people on the thread) brought up so shorty asked her how she felt about it later.

Now I'm grouping Sporty and Bob together in a pack. He seemed to agree with sporty that shorty's question was weirdly coincidental, but then votes sporty anyway
this hurt my head to read

SP is apparently bad too though because you're MsP
 
I still have some of the same reads as yesterday. Can we use another name for sporty/ shorty cause I feel like they're a little too close? Bob made a comment and I don't know if he mixed up sporty with shorty or he's just plain confused. The was nothing coincidental or weird about the question shorty asked sporty. It was one of the concerns that sporty (and a few other people on the thread) brought up so shorty asked her how she felt about it later.

Now I'm grouping Sporty and Bob together in a pack. He seemed to agree with sporty that shorty's question was weirdly coincidental, but then votes sporty anyway
Have you gotten to Bob's claim yet? If so, how do you feel about it?
 
steal sounds more wolfy, copy sounds more villagey, but I've gotten burned on assigning affiliation to roles before
Yeah, I'm keeping that as NAI, but I'm more interested in the way he talks about how he intends to use it than what the actual ability might be if he's being truthful
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I agree with this. I haven't really had time to assess TME. I liked her analysis post from the end of day voting from last cycle, but also haven't really seen any reads from her, but her voting genny made me pause because I'm sussing genny as well.
I'm not sure why me voting genny is suddenly surprising when I voted for her yesterday

she hasn't posted all that much since then
 
You have a good history of reading cubs right?

idk ask zenge lolol

But for real I've been correct on my read on him in a few games. I had some sus about him in MHA, but not enough to vote for him. I'd probably trust sporty's read of him more than I'd trust mine, but she seems to be village leaning him too?
 
Let me put it out there so I can at least possibly be a NK instead of misyeet. I don’t see anything beneficial in waiting (to see wolf fan the flames). If I was wolf I would see no reason to push my misyeet further bc it has plenty of momentum on its own.

I have the ability to steal someone else’s ability and use it the following night. Pretty cool in the fact I get an ability, but can also possibly surmise that the person is village if it is an obvious village ability. So steal ability and seer-lite.

I picked AM first night. Obv blocked. I picked shorty for tonight (I originally picked MsP but changed). I picked ppl I thought were more village than not bc I want to be able to steal. I assume if I pick wolf then I won’t get ability and won’t know for sure they are wolf (blocked or whatever reason). I figured if I picked villagelean and got village ability, it would mostly confirm them as village. I didn’t pick Dina or Mel (my two big village reads) bc I don’t think the info would add much (bc I would go from 90% sure to 92% sure).

So you would be able to use someone's ability and steal someone's ability during the same night? You can also light seer someone?
 
idk ask zenge lolol

But for real I've been correct on my read on him in a few games. I had some sus about him in MHA, but not enough to vote for him. I'd probably trust sporty's read of him more than I'd trust mine, but she seems to be village leaning him too?
I remembered someone saying they were considerably reliable at reading Cubs and I couldn't remember if it was you or someone else. Whoever it is, I'd like to know how they're reading cubs because I suck at it and I mostly need to rely on village reads to tell me what they think
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I remembered someone saying they were considerably reliable at reading Cubs and I couldn't remember if it was you or someone else. Whoever it is, I'd like to know how they're reading cubs because I suck at it and I mostly need to rely on village reads to tell me what they think

It was SP, and she posted some quotes saying I was village sounding.