WildZenge Presents: Horizon Zero DaWWn

Started by WildZoo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have bad feels how genny vote last min disintegrated and last min swung to bob. The ties had me pretty frozen. I was OK with all top contenders flipping today except as I said the last min movement has me wigged out.
Last minute swing to bob was partly due to my self prez and partly due to Enigma's fear of ties. I don't see that as wiggy
 
Why though.
I'm not good at VCA and often can hardly follow any train of thought about it. But just seems like less likely bob was wolf because how easy it last min swung to him? Like not enough resistance for him to be wolf? I dunno. Felt weird.

I'm hardly keeping up this game with reading and responding to posts, the volume has been insane. I can't really make sense of anything except for where I've replied to people.
 
I don't know what you're referring to.
There was a point where Bob posted a reads list and Cubs initially thought that Bob was reading me and Cubs differently and called him out for reading two people differently for the same thing.
My thoughts:

D1 so never much to go on. Just more action to get things flowing.

I didn’t like my April vote. It was more to just get started. And get on board. After quick read, I didn’t love her reactions and some of the others. Makes me wonder about wolf jumping on convenient misyeet. I def have to reread.

Mel makes good sense. Stuck his neck out for lazy vote. Buys village cred. But could’ve been wolf knowing how I’d flip and/or pocket.

Same could be said for Cubs. Seemed like he was defending a sinking ship which catches sus. I didn’t fully read his bc at that point I was wanting to get to the end and find out if I’d been voted off (I have trouble skipping to the end of anything). So maybe he had sus posts. But none I saw.

Cray seemed pretty good village game. Not seeming uptight.

You I kinda group with Mel type. Good to keep around regardless. But that didn’t work out well for me last game! You always ping me but I’d say par for normal (I refuse to tell you what I think your biggest wolf giveaway was to me last game— in retrospect).

Shorty is putting in too much work with her tracker if she is a wolf. I’d say that buys village cred. But I played that angle as a wolf.

I think Dina seems to be making sense.

TLDR- I don’t think I made much progress on wolf leans. But felt good about some village leans

How in the world do you take two people, put them in the same box, then give village cred to one and sus to the other?

Edit: but = put

I don't understand. Which 2 did he do this with?

He clarified, I was misinterpreting that he was saying different things about me and Mel when we were making the same actions. But he was actually giving the same opinion about both of us.

That gut reaction to semi-ambiguous wording got some village points from me. he didn't go out of his way to call it wolfy, but asked for clarifcation
I feel like Mel and AM are basically playing the game by themselves in their own little bubble.
I can't PM her at will, otherwise you usually wouldn't see this lol
 
Last edited:
There was a point where Bob posted a reads list and Cubs initially thought that Bob was reading me and Cubs differently and called him out for reading two people differently for the same thing.

That gut reaction to semi-ambiguous wording got some village points from me. he didn't go out of his way to call it wolfy, but asked for clarifcation

I can't PM her at will, otherwise you usually wouldn't see this lol
Yeah, in my recent response to Bob, I was saying that's just a product of his playstyle from what I observed.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DAY 2

15.png


It was strange, entering Mother's Heart for the first time. Outcasts were not permitted there usually, and Aloy had never been around so many people at one time. She was distracted by the lingering pain of saying goodbye to Rost. She would be a full Nora, finally a member of the tribe, and he would still be an outcast. The only family she had ever known, and she could never see him again.

Someone in the crowd caught her eye. An Oseram, wearing a device much like hers, the one she called her Focus. She had never seen another person with one before. She immediately knew that she needed to speak to this man. He caught her looking at him though, and slipped into a passing group of Nora. She lost sight of him in the crowd. Odd. Why did he run?

~~~~~

True, he had murdered many people. True, he even enjoyed it. But he would have fought the Eclipse, if they had let him. A soldier like him could not resist the temptation of a near-impossible battle. Raiders were a fine target, but to go up against men who had been trained as Carja soldiers just like himself? Accompanied by deadly machines? He could think of nothing better.

Alas, the others were unconvinced.

Dead is @BobLoblaw78, who was Nil, a village ability thief

nil.gif


~~~~~

Sleep now, for even warriors must rest, and soon The Proving will be upon us.

12 players remain

1. @Animal Midwife
B. @Melchizedek
2. @Crayola227
3. @TelemarketingEnigma
6. @genny
7. @Ms Procrastinator
11. @Aprilthearab
12. @vetschoolsletmeinplease
14. @SportPonies
15. @cubsrule4e
17. @supershorty
18. @Dinashadow

Dead:
4. @alleycat03 - Erend - Village PMer
5. @BobLoblaw78 - Nil - Village Ability Thief

Tots:
1. @samac
2. @Lawpy
3. @holdthemayo
4. @SARdoghandler
5. @kaydubs
6. @WonderingStudent
7. @Barkley13
8. @Viscernable
9. @FrostySparrow

It is now Night 2. Deadline is 10am EST.

You may now open (or continue) a PM with one player who was on the same vote as you in the final Day 2 tally.
​
 
Last edited:
I'm not really sure how to say it.

You know, MsP?
OH yeah I had that browser console error message a bunch of times a little while ago when I tried to ask her something on the thread. It never showed up for me though (it must have for you since you're asking). And then I got distracted.

I think it's coming from tags since I have only gotten that message in posts that include them.
 
OH yeah I had that browser console error message a bunch of times a little while ago when I tried to ask her something on the thread. It never showed up for me though (it must have for you since you're asking). And then I got distracted.

I think it's coming from tags since I have only gotten that message in posts that include them.
Okay, yeah that's what I was wondering about.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm fairly surprised @supershorty is still alive. I expected @Zenge142 to specifically write her a role where she dies D1/N1
I just snort-laughed. Maybe he doesn't want to get a wolfy mod reputation right off the bat. Or my signature made him feel personally attacked.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DAY 2

15.png


It was strange, entering Mother's Heart for the first time. Outcasts were not permitted there usually, and Aloy had never been around so many people at one time. She was distracted by the lingering pain of saying goodbye to Rost. She would be a full Nora, finally a member of the tribe, and he would still be an outcast. The only family she had ever known, and she could never see him again.

Someone in the crowd caught her eye. An Oseram, wearing a device much like hers, the one she called her Focus. She had never seen another person with one before. She immediately knew that she needed to speak to this man. He caught her looking at him though, and slipped into a passing group of Nora. She lost sight of him in the crowd. Odd. Why did he run?

~~~~~

True, he had murdered many people. True, he even enjoyed it. But he would have fought the Eclipse, if they had let him. A soldier like him could not resist the temptation of a near-impossible battle. Raiders were a fine target, but to go up against men who had been trained as Carja soldiers just like himself? Accompanied by deadly machines? He could think of nothing better.

Alas, the others were unconvinced.

Dead is @BobLoblaw78, who was Nil, a village ability thief

View attachment 344009

~~~~~

Sleep now, for even warriors must rest, and soon The Proving will be upon us.

12 players remain

1. @Animal Midwife
B. @Melchizedek
2. @Crayola227
3. @TelemarketingEnigma
6. @genny
7. @Ms Procrastinator
11. @Aprilthearab
12. @vetschoolsletmeinplease
14. @SportPonies
15. @cubsrule4e
17. @supershorty
18. @Dinashadow

Dead:
4. @alleycat03 - Erend - Village PMer
5. @BobLoblaw78 - Nil - Village Ability Thief

Tots:
1. @samac
2. @Lawpy
3. @holdthemayo
4. @SARdoghandler
5. @kaydubs
6. @WonderingStudent
7. @Barkley13
8. @Viscernable
9. @FrostySparrow

It is now Night 2. Deadline is 10am EST.

You may now open (or continue) a PM with one player who was on the same vote as you in the final Day 2 tally.
​
Writeup updated!
 
What kind of pie??
Apple 😍 all pie is good pie

Trying to break up the ISO into readable chunks, here's what I've got so far
TL;DR: Your reads boil down to feels, some eh reasoning for alley and please, and targetting low-posters in a game that had only 3 pages until today.

Now who's doing something without really doing something?

I had the same initial thought about TME's Msp quote post but it was a very conspicuous post. It was highly likely someone would pressure TME for follow up on it, so if TME is a wolf then he would have to actually have a read prepared to keep up the charade. It would have been much easier to just post his follow up read and remain off of people's radar.

You know whats a good way to get village cred as a wolf? Push an obvious line of questioning before anyone else can.
I still hate this take on shorty's read posts (shorty is feeling pretty village to me, and her giant reads and ISO posts are 100% normal for villager shorty). Feels reads are valid, especially when it's D1 and there's only three pages of content. Yes, I know some of this boils down to game style differences, but game style differences don't make someone more or less likely to be wolf. A villager would be more likely to acknowledge the difference between game style differences and an actual wolf read than a wolf whose goal is to be deceptive. Still really hate that Mel calls shorty out for lack of contribution when this is his first content post.
talk to me more about why shorty sounds weird
Sounds like a way to bait others into a shorty wolf read by getting someone other than himself to point out more sus things. One person wolf reading someone is a lot less powerful, psychologically speaking, than two people doing it.
This post irritates me. "AM doesn't ping me" but still throws sketch her way.
There is a difference between analyzing someone's actions and analyzing someone's reasoning for their actions. From what I could tell from MsP's post, she didn't think the fact that AM didn't vote for her was wolfy, but she was curious about the reason AM gave for not voting for her. Calling out MsP's logic feels like an easy and deceptive blow.