You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WildZenge Presents: Horizon Zero DaWWn
Started by WildZoo
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Cray, since you've claimed this role, can you tell us who your targets have been?The wolves aren't going to leave a blocker alive for long, and otherwise my claim is verifiable and I can be resolved according to how I use it.
And we're front
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There's likely a wolfy redirector in play and that is deeply frustrating me
Oh could you elaborate on that?There's likely a wolfy redirector in play and that is deeply frustrating me
8 players remain
1. @Animal Midwife
B. @Melchizedek
2. @Crayola227
3. @TelemarketingEnigma
7. @Ms Procrastinator
11. @Aprilthearab
15. @cubsrule4e
17. @supershorty
Dead
4. @alleycat03 - Erend - Village PMer
5. @BobLoblaw78 - Nil - Village Ability Thief
12. @vetschoolsletmeinplease - Rost - Village Bodyguard
6. @genny - Helis - Wolf Seer
14. @SportPonies - Varl - Village Ranger
18. @Dinashadow - Aloy - Village mason JOAT
Tots:
1. @samac
2. @Lawpy
3. @holdthemayo
4. @SARdoghandler
5. @kaydubs
6. @WonderingStudent
7. @Barkley13
8. @Viscernable
9. @FrostySparrow
It is now Day 4. Deadline is 10pm EST tomorrow, October 4th.
Great, another game that relies on a hero to kill people? Is there an Alpha Wolf!Dubz 2.0?
Hm?Great, another game that relies on a hero to kill people? Is there an Alpha Wolf!Dubz 2.0?
I'm thinking about the POE again now that Sporty flipped village. I see the case on Mels and TME. Aprils was in my POE even back in tot chat because of D1 vote progression and i was finding it unlikely the alleys wagon was all village.@Lawpy Could you walk me through your POE again? I'm slightly confused where you fall on April and others.
Is that important right now? I don't think many of us are worried about CrayCray, since you've claimed this role, can you tell us who your targets have been?
Someone acted on me last night for nefarious reasons and effectively caused me to be useless the following nightOh could you elaborate on that?
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
How have you felt about her posts since then? The alley wagon bothered me a lot too, but then I got in my head about other last-second wagons this year that were all village.I'm thinking about the POE again now that Sporty flipped village. I see the case on Mels and TME. Aprils was in my POE even back in tot chat because of D1 vote progression and i was finding it unlikely the alleys wagon was all village.
it will help me sort out some other information.Is that important right now? I don't think many of us are worried about Cray
Yeah, I'd like wait until we're down to one wolf.Is that important right now? I don't think many of us are worried about Cray
this sounds like what cubs claims happens when you act on himSomeone acted on me last night for nefarious reasons and effectively caused me to be useless the following night
What leads you to believing this is redirection?Someone acted on me last night for nefarious reasons and effectively caused me to be useless the following night
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The part at the end that mentions "the hero is dead, the task has become much harder but not insurmountable." Comparing it to the last game where there was a specific way to kill a beefed up wolf and when that person died it became more difficult.
Right. But that could just be flavor.The part at the end that mentions "the hero is dead, the task has become much harder but not insurmountable." Comparing it to the last game where there was a specific way to kill a beefed up wolf and when that person died it became more difficult.
actually wait ignore this I think, the current discussion reminded me of something that helps resolve what I was confused aboutCray, since you've claimed this role, can you tell us who your targets have been?
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
She said it somewhere earlier. I’m on my phone and can pull the quote when I’m on my computer, but IIRC, she would have acted on Sporty N1 (but canceled) and acted on cubs N2, then couldn’t act last night because of cubs’ passive ability damaging her.it will help me sort out some other information.
It will help you do wolfy things and not help any of the rest of usit will help me sort out some other information.
I'll get another tracker started once I submit a paper.
yeah i remembered this once cub's ability came back upShe said it somewhere earlier. I’m on my phone and can pull the quote when I’m on my computer, but IIRC, she would have acted on Sporty N1 (but canceled) and acted on cubs N2, then couldn’t act last night because of cubs’ passive ability damaging her.
A machine attempted to act on me last night. Same bland wording as the first time. I doubt a villager machine would target me knowing that theyd lose their ability the next cycle, so im thinking there's definitely a machine wolf/wolves.
I guess somewhat better but the D2 vote on blobs doesn't help either. I guess i can see the case for wolf!Mels and her case on TME gives the context to the weirdness i saw with TME/genny interactions.How have you felt about her posts since then? The alley wagon bothered me a lot too, but then I got in my head about other last-second wagons this year that were all village.
Because my night action involuntarily changedWhat leads you to believing this is redirection?
Okay. Did it say who you were changed to?Because my night action involuntarily changed
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
You’re assuming people know if they’re machines or not.A machine attempted to act on me last night. Same bland wording as the first time. I doubt a villager machine would target me knowing that theyd lose their ability the next cycle, so im thinking there's definitely a machine wolf/wolves.
I just read that as flavor indicating the loss of a widely village-read villager with strong powers makes village weakerThe part at the end that mentions "the hero is dead, the task has become much harder but not insurmountable." Comparing it to the last game where there was a specific way to kill a beefed up wolf and when that person died it became more difficult.
Ok i think i'm just going to reveal at this point.Okay. Did it say who you were changed to?
I'm the watcher. I was trying to look into Dina last night because i strongly suspected wolves are going to target her. And yet i was forced to look into cubs instead and got my night action disabled the next night.
Lawpy's current claims are VERY interesting to me in light of my own information I'm currently trying to reconcile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you have any info from MsP's watching targets and if so, is any of it useful for village to know now that you've revealed?Ok i think i'm just going to reveal at this point.
I'm the watcher. I was trying to look into Dina last night because i strongly suspected wolves are going to target her. And yet i was forced to look into cubs instead and got my night action disabled the next night.
Do you think that has to do with what Lawpy's claiming? He might also not be fully caught up and might not have caught what you said your ability was the other dayA machine attempted to act on me last night. Same bland wording as the first time. I doubt a villager machine would target me knowing that theyd lose their ability the next cycle, so im thinking there's definitely a machine wolf/wolves.
Is this shade, considering the term "nefarious" was used? Also the phrasing from Lawpys results implies he was acted on directly, my abiity is passive.this sounds like what cubs claims happens when you act on him
Okay, that's yikes. And I'm putting you on the village side of neutral now. So many others could have been redirected.Ok i think i'm just going to reveal at this point.
I'm the watcher. I was trying to look into Dina last night because i strongly suspected wolves are going to target her. And yet i was forced to look into cubs instead and got my night action disabled the next night.
That was a self prez voteI guess somewhat better but the D2 vote on blobs doesn't help either. I guess i can see the case for wolf!Mels and her case on TME gives the context to the weirdness i saw with TME/genny interactions.
Well then it definitely sounds like a wolfy redirector now that we've seen lawpys claim.
i was not attempting to shade you, i was trying to figure out why lawpy seemed to be implying your claimed ability was an active one, but he's explained more nowIs this shade, considering the term "nefarious" was used? Also the phrasing from Lawpys results implies he was acted on directly, my abiity is passive.
Did it sound like "nefarious" referred to the redirection rather than Cubs?Someone acted on me last night for nefarious reasons and effectively caused me to be useless the following night
Nefarious is the term i used to describe redirection. cubs ability sounded passive to meDid it sound like "nefarious" referred to the redirection rather than Cubs?
But if you believe my claim, would you still risk doing it, if theres a chance you are?You’re assuming people know if they’re machines or not.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
My point is that there’s no flavor in role PMs for people to make that judgment. But it doesn’t matter in this case since it wasn’t Lawpy’s choice to act on you.But if you believe my claim, would you still risk doing it, if theres a chance you are?
Regardless, if Lawpy's telling the truth then he was redirected and didn't intend to act on you anywayBut if you believe my claim, would you still risk doing it, if theres a chance you are?
My point is that there’s no flavor in role PMs for people to make that judgment. But it doesn’t matter in this case since it wasn’t Lawpy’s choice to act on you.
Regardless, if Lawpy's telling the truth then he was redirected and didn't intend to act on you anyway
Glad I refreshed cause I was in the midst of typing this as well lol.
alrighty, since we're doing big claims this morning and I am quite confused by what's going on and whether it's all big coincidence or more nefarious, I'm gonna go ahead and put this out there. Usually I try to hold role claims until later in the cycle but given that I know my claim is about to sound SUPER sketch given MsLawPy's claim and I'm already on the board, and also might be less able to camp the thread today, I'm gonna go ahead and put this out and see what happens.
I'm the village tracker, and untraceable while stalking my target. my targets and results have been:
N1: track genny - night canceled.
N2: track April - she visited cray. I hinted to Sporty in our PM that I would be doing something to investigate April that night. This is why I was asking a bunch of questions about April and Cray's opinions on each other on thread - I figured that this was unlikely a w/w interaction, but neither of them gave me anything that helped me sort out confidently whether it was w/v or v/v.
N3: track MsLawPy - redirected to Cray, who didn't go anywhere.
I picked MsLawPy because I knew I wasn't a wolf, and with Mel being the other big concern on the board, I figured he would be a likely night target for other people, maybe even blocked. I forgot that Cray wouldn't be able to block last night. I also figured that the wolves might think this as well and choose someone else to do the factional kill. I didn't like that everyone has just been floating MsP and now Lawpy along, and I wanted to try to get more information.
This is why I asked about cray's targets, before I remembered that she couldn't use her power last night.
An additional result I got last night was that someone attempted "listen in" on me, but I was too quiet for them to hear. I'm guessing this was Dina, especially since she seems to have been listening to shorty sussing me overnight in PMs.
tl;dr, either there's two redirectors, it's a more complicated ability than simple redirection, or someone's telling lies
I'm the village tracker, and untraceable while stalking my target. my targets and results have been:
N1: track genny - night canceled.
N2: track April - she visited cray. I hinted to Sporty in our PM that I would be doing something to investigate April that night. This is why I was asking a bunch of questions about April and Cray's opinions on each other on thread - I figured that this was unlikely a w/w interaction, but neither of them gave me anything that helped me sort out confidently whether it was w/v or v/v.
N3: track MsLawPy - redirected to Cray, who didn't go anywhere.
I picked MsLawPy because I knew I wasn't a wolf, and with Mel being the other big concern on the board, I figured he would be a likely night target for other people, maybe even blocked. I forgot that Cray wouldn't be able to block last night. I also figured that the wolves might think this as well and choose someone else to do the factional kill. I didn't like that everyone has just been floating MsP and now Lawpy along, and I wanted to try to get more information.
This is why I asked about cray's targets, before I remembered that she couldn't use her power last night.
An additional result I got last night was that someone attempted "listen in" on me, but I was too quiet for them to hear. I'm guessing this was Dina, especially since she seems to have been listening to shorty sussing me overnight in PMs.
tl;dr, either there's two redirectors, it's a more complicated ability than simple redirection, or someone's telling lies
Could you explain the N3? Who didn't go anywhere? Lawpy or Cray?alrighty, since we're doing big claims this morning and I am quite confused by what's going on and whether it's all big coincidence or more nefarious, I'm gonna go ahead and put this out there. Usually I try to hold role claims until later in the cycle but given that I know my claim is about to sound SUPER sketch given MsLawPy's claim and I'm already on the board, and also might be less able to camp the thread today, I'm gonna go ahead and put this out and see what happens.
I'm the village tracker, and untraceable while stalking my target. my targets and results have been:
N1: track genny - night canceled.
N2: track April - she visited cray. I hinted to Sporty in our PM that I would be doing something to investigate April that night. This is why I was asking a bunch of questions about April and Cray's opinions on each other on thread - I figured that this was unlikely a w/w interaction, but neither of them gave me anything that helped me sort out confidently whether it was w/v or v/v.
N3: track MsLawPy - redirected to Cray, who didn't go anywhere.
I picked MsLawPy because I knew I wasn't a wolf, and with Mel being the other big concern on the board, I figured he would be a likely night target for other people, maybe even blocked. I forgot that Cray wouldn't be able to block last night. I also figured that the wolves might think this as well and choose someone else to do the factional kill. I didn't like that everyone has just been floating MsP and now Lawpy along, and I wanted to try to get more information.
This is why I asked about cray's targets, before I remembered that she couldn't use her power last night.
An additional result I got last night was that someone attempted "listen in" on me, but I was too quiet for them to hear. I'm guessing this was Dina, especially since she seems to have been listening to shorty sussing me overnight in PMs.
tl;dr, either there's two redirectors, it's a more complicated ability than simple redirection, or someone's telling lies
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cray. I attempted to track lawpy but found myself tracking Cray instead.Could you explain the N3? Who didn't go anywhere? Lawpy or Cray?
I will say the redirect to Cray seems more village-aligned because that actually matches what we were discussing yesterday.
alrighty, since we're doing big claims this morning and I am quite confused by what's going on and whether it's all big coincidence or more nefarious, I'm gonna go ahead and put this out there. Usually I try to hold role claims until later in the cycle but given that I know my claim is about to sound SUPER sketch given MsLawPy's claim and I'm already on the board, and also might be less able to camp the thread today, I'm gonna go ahead and put this out and see what happens.
I'm the village tracker, and untraceable while stalking my target. my targets and results have been:
N1: track genny - night canceled.
N2: track April - she visited cray. I hinted to Sporty in our PM that I would be doing something to investigate April that night. This is why I was asking a bunch of questions about April and Cray's opinions on each other on thread - I figured that this was unlikely a w/w interaction, but neither of them gave me anything that helped me sort out confidently whether it was w/v or v/v.
N3: track MsLawPy - redirected to Cray, who didn't go anywhere.
I picked MsLawPy because I knew I wasn't a wolf, and with Mel being the other big concern on the board, I figured he would be a likely night target for other people, maybe even blocked. I forgot that Cray wouldn't be able to block last night. I also figured that the wolves might think this as well and choose someone else to do the factional kill. I didn't like that everyone has just been floating MsP and now Lawpy along, and I wanted to try to get more information.
This is why I asked about cray's targets, before I remembered that she couldn't use her power last night.
An additional result I got last night was that someone attempted "listen in" on me, but I was too quiet for them to hear. I'm guessing this was Dina, especially since she seems to have been listening to shorty sussing me overnight in PMs.
tl;dr, either there's two redirectors, it's a more complicated ability than simple redirection, or someone's telling lies
So are we now saying there were TWO redirections last night?
I actually agree that whoever redirected me, if it was a simple redirection targeted at me, was probably village. what concerns me is either there's wolf and villager with matching actions or there's something more complicated going on hereI will say the redirect to Cray seems more village-aligned because that actually matches what we were discussing yesterday.
I'm going to assume wolf and villager until proven otherwise.I actually agree that whoever redirected me, if it was a simple redirection targeted at me, was probably village. what concerns me is either there's wolf and villager with matching actions or there's something more complicated going on here
Similar threads
- Replies
- 160
- Views
- 30K
- Replies
- 139
- Views
- 6K
- Replies
- 2K
- Views
- 68K
- Replies
- 4K
- Views
- 173K