WildZenge Presents: Horizon Zero DaWWn

Started by WildZoo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
With a sporty flip village, im convinced April is village, because an April/Mel pack is extremely unlikely. AM has been a village read unless its a deep wolf Mel enigmatic concoction. Who else am I leaving out?
I meant you 😛

(I know you would not be trying to investigate yourself, I'm just sayin everyone's on the table)
 
cray seemed offended at the implication of it earlier - at least that I didn't include them in my "incompatible" pairings
I feel like I've done a 180 on him, and I'm pretty sure thrown down a vote on him at least once, and frankly it's kind of hurting me to do so but I have to put aside personal feelings. He's village reading me this game and frankly I find the notion of fighting with him exhausting, and that's what I'm risking by opposing him.

I want to be in the pocket. It feels good in the pocket.

Anyway, I don't feel we're compatible because I don't feel a Mel/Cray pack would operate like this, where he village reads me and I flip flop on my read of him village ---> wolf. I'm not good at distancing from pack mates, but Mel would have provided a great opportunity. Genny would have been a great bussing opportunity, and Mel and I could have gone at each other for days easily.

But, you know, WIFOM and all that.
 
I feel like I've done a 180 on him, and I'm pretty sure thrown down a vote on him at least once, and frankly it's kind of hurting me to do so but I have to put aside personal feelings. He's village reading me this game and frankly I find the notion of fighting with him exhausting, and that's what I'm risking by opposing him.

I want to be in the pocket. It feels good in the pocket.

Anyway, I don't feel we're compatible because I don't feel a Mel/Cray pack would operate like this, where he village reads me and I flip flop on my read of him village ---> wolf. I'm not good at distancing from pack mates, but Mel would have provided a great opportunity. Genny would have been a great bussing opportunity, and Mel and I could have gone at each other for days easily.

But, you know, WIFOM and all that.

Well then we're gonna need your vote there.
 
#### vote Mel ####

The reality is I want to know what Dina, AM, and Shorty intend to do.

And I feel like it isn't vote April. But Mel makes great points on April. Others did too I thought.

I need to for the sake of completeness and accuracy reassess April and Mel when I can.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Clink Clank Clunk, Something’s On The Move D1 Tally

Enigma () -
cubs (1) - alley
MsP (1) - genny
sporty (3) - cray, MsP, Mel
pleasy () -
mel (0) -
april (1) - Bob
Genny (2) - Cubs, TME
Alley (4) - Pleasy Dina, April, Sporty
Cray (0) -
Bob (2) - shorty, AM,

14/14 votes
Leading: @alleycat03
Missing:
Deadline: 10pm EST on 9/28 (~ 0 minutes)


sawtooth-gif.343856

Day 2 Confidence Is Quiet...You Are Not Vote Tally

sporty (2) - Bob, MsP
Bob (5) - Dina, pleasy, Cray, April, TME
genny (1) - shorty
cubs (1) - AM
shorty () -
Cray () -
April (3) - Mel, Sporty, Cubs

12/13 votes
Leading: Bob
Missing: Genny
Deadline: 10pm EST (~1 minutes)

Horizon Zero Dawn Ps5 GIF by PlayStation

FINAL Day 3 To Serve A Purpose Greater Than Yourself Tally

Lawpy ()
Mel (4) - April, cubs, Enigma, sport sport
cray ()
April ()
sport sport (6) - shorty, lawpy, cray, Dina, AM, Mel

10/10 votes
Winner: @SportPonies
Missing: No one!
Deadline: PASSED

horizon-zero-dawn-aloy.gif
Keeping track of final tallies
 
Can you walk me through the reasons for your now aprils village read? I'm not understanding how that follows from sporty flipping village
I know you don't want this answer from me but I had been defending Sporty and trying to get people off of her and onto Mel
 
Seriously? I've been like one of the few pushing her in my POE for days.
Given this, can you explain why you suddenly did your 180 at the same time she started her ISO tunnel? I think you got spooked when someone started shouting my name which I would expect. Don't give in to the feels.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Night 3

sona.gif


News of Varl's death did not reach Aloy, so when she found Sona and the rest of the war party, she assured the War Chief that Varl was guarding the gates to their home. Sona was relieved, having just lost one child. She was not ready to lose another.

On her journey to track down the war party, Aloy had met several interesting characters. Everyone seemed to need or want something from her. She spoke with a man who only appeared as a hologram, projected through her Focus. He spoke in vague terms and did not give his name, only implied that she needed to track down the Eclipse, and that he could assist her further from there. Though he was offering help, Aloy could not shake the feeling that there was something off about this man.

sylens.gif


Her first priority was to find the killers who had attacked The Proving and almost taken out Sona's war party. She tracked them to the Red Echoes, overlooking the Eclipse campsite in Devil's Grief. Here the land was tainted, the machines had become corrupt. A deadly red light emanated from the seams in their metal bodies. They listened only to the voice of the Buried Shadow - even she could not override them.

She set off to scout the Eclipse camp, leaving Sona and the War Party to make preparations. The camp was quiet - too quiet. As she stalked from tent to tent, it became clear that the Eclipse were no longer here. They had left in a hurry - had someone tipped them off?

A metallic scraping alerted her to the presence of a machine. She turned to meet a horrifying sight. This machine was unlike anything she had ever seen before. It towered over her, moving towards her on six stout legs, several large weapons attached to its head. Unlike most machines, it did not resemble any animal - it only recalled images of death.

deathbringer resized.jpg


It started firing at her with everything it had - multiple turrets, a grenade launcher, even a flamethrower. Aloy attempted to flee, aware that there was no way she could take on this beast on her own. But there was nowhere for her to hide, the landscape around her too flat, and she had strayed too far from the war party camp.

Up on the ridge, War-Chief Sona heard the sounds of turret fire, and looked down into the valley. She watched Aloy turn to face the machine. She watched the turret fire rain down all around her. A moment later, she closed her eyes, but the images played on the backs of her eyelids.
The Seeker had fallen.

Dead is @Dinashadow, who was Aloy, the hero of our story and a mason JOAT. Each night she could choose to override the machines, scavenge an ability from the dead, hoard an item, or listen in on a PM.

The Seeker is gone. Who now will rise up to defeat the Eclipse and their Buried Shadow, before they plunge the world into darkness? And what of this man, who had known so much of the Eclipse, but shared so little before her untimely demise?

The practical challenges that lie before us are staggering in both scale and complexity, but not insurmountable.

​
 
8 players remain

1. @Animal Midwife
B. @Melchizedek
2. @Crayola227
3. @TelemarketingEnigma
7. @Ms Procrastinator
11. @Aprilthearab
15. @cubsrule4e
17. @supershorty

Dead
4. @alleycat03 - Erend - Village PMer
5. @BobLoblaw78 - Nil - Village Ability Thief
12. @vetschoolsletmeinplease - Rost - Village Bodyguard
6. @genny - Helis - Wolf Seer
14. @SportPonies - Varl - Village Ranger
18. @Dinashadow - Aloy - Village mason JOAT


Tots:
1. @samac
2. @Lawpy
3. @holdthemayo
4. @SARdoghandler
5. @kaydubs
6. @WonderingStudent
7. @Barkley13
8. @Viscernable
9. @FrostySparrow

It is now Day 4. Deadline is 10pm EST tomorrow, October 4th.​
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad