WildZenge Presents: Horizon Zero DaWWn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If a tracker were to see someone visit someone else and the latter person was not the night kill, what would that mean?

If a blocker were to block someone and the kill went through, what would that mean?

And things like that.

Speaking of, how do you mesh all the current PRs? Cray blocker, lawpy watcher, TME tracker? I know anything is possible, but which one do you feel is more likely wolf aligned at this point in the game?

Members don't see this ad.

Right, which is why I still may be paranoid about it, despite the unlikelihood of it.

I didnt say you dont provide one liners. I was saying your larger content and strategizing posts seem to have disappeared. Wasnt an attack, just noting what I see as a change in play from the first half of the game. 🙃
I kinda disagree. In a lot of places I have posed scenarios or asked questions, and AM if anything has been more forthcoming in explaining in detail than I can ever remember her being. So much so, I'm paranoid of her, but for the exact opposite reason you state. Basically my perception of her is the opposite as far as her explanations. To be fair, I feel she is a bit more passive and more reacting to the thread than driving it. But I also feel the 36/12 is dragging on and if I wasn't going player by player and trying to assess them, it would just feel like I was just trying to make conversation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Speaking of, how do you mesh all the current PRs? Cray blocker, lawpy watcher, TME tracker? I know anything is possible, but which one do you feel is more likely wolf aligned at this point in the game?
I find Lawpy least likely to be a wolf. I'm looking at Enigma currently, but Cray would be my secondary if not. Either way, we should get some info tonight.

I wish I’d read RvB to know her wolf!meta I just wrote write-ups from Dubz’ basement :laugh:
I do remember her it being her first wolfing that’s all
Wait, was it really TME's first wolf out? Aw, that would make me her wolf mother! I think. Our pack struggled under my generally poor on-thread interactions leadership, and the two originals who were pretty nooby wolves, but I gotta say I think TME actually did pretty well with what we had going against us that game. Gotta do a shout out to @samac of course, but TME gets lots of credit for her fortitude especially in helping select the convert and then stumping her support and perspective to samac into a challenging end game.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
D4 vote tracker

Screenshot (662).png

Screenshot (663).png

Screenshot (664).png

Sorry, the last 2 are very similar, just wasn't getting the last 2 votes.

@supershorty my mental clarity currently has an inverse relationship with the time I spend reflecting so this would be prime time to PM with me so we can yell into the void until things make sense

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
@supershorty my mental clarity currently has an inverse relationship with the time I spend reflecting so this would be prime time to PM with me so we can yell into the void until things make sense
Ok, but I'm going to bed in like 15 min so there won't be late night chats.

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
I want to try something

Contingency yeet Lawpy

Don't understand why anyone would be pushing me at this point.
It's probably because you were one of the last to call suspicion on Mel. You have your ability back though so it should come in handy for clearing yourself if you're village.

It's probably because you were one of the last to call suspicion on Mel. You have your ability back though so it should come in handy for clearing yourself if you're village.
I disagree I was one one of the last to suspect Mel. I've been pushing Mel or April for IRL days now. He was hitting me hard with the emotional manipulation and attempts to pocket me, so I did lay a little lower in that regard, especially after being burned pushing Sporty so hard and being wrong.

I was one of the first to throw suspicion on him when I was comparing his and Cubs' VCAs. I backed off Cubs because the Lawpy/Cubs thing. And while I did vacillate between April and Mel, I put my vote on Mel.

If I had been trying to save Mel this whole time, I think I could have. As April pointed out, I didn't have to confirm her being redirected to me and the positive effect it had.

So don't try to underplay what I've been contributing just because like any villager I've had my doubts and I just haven't been as aggressive.

My play is very consistent with the end game with Alpha Dubz. I have a POE and I've pushed it but I've also been clearly thinking hard about everyone.

I've been very consistent in pushing April or Mel and backed off April when I didn't have to. I also could have tried to get TME yeeted and might have succeeded.

I disagree I was one one of the last to suspect Mel. I've been pushing Mel or April for IRL days now. He was hitting me hard with the emotional manipulation and attempts to pocket me, so I did lay a little lower in that regard, especially after being burned pushing Sporty so hard and being wrong.

I was one of the first to throw suspicion on him when I was comparing his and Cubs' VCAs. I backed off Cubs because the Lawpy/Cubs thing. And while I did vacillate between April and Mel, I put my vote on Mel.

If I had been trying to save Mel this whole time, I think I could have. As April pointed out, I didn't have to confirm her being redirected to me and the positive effect it had.

So don't try to underplay what I've been contributing just because like any villager I've had my doubts and I just haven't been as aggressive.

My play is very consistent with the end game with Alpha Dubz. I have a POE and I've pushed it but I've also been clearly thinking hard about everyone.

I've been very consistent in pushing April or Mel and backed off April when I didn't have to. I also could have tried to get TME yeeted and might have succeeded.
We can debate exact placement of your suspicion but you were definitely not one of the first for Mel alone (not Mel and/or April). I distinctly remember an interaction where you changed your read after the start of the dissonance between me and Mel. And my reaction was sometime after April's. So that at least puts you third in line depending on where mine ranks in the line up. Regardless, you don't need to get hostile with me when I was just explaining things to you.

We can debate exact placement of your suspicion but you were definitely not one of the first for Mel alone (not Mel and/or April). I distinctly remember an interaction where you changed your read after the start of the dissonance between me and Mel. And my reaction was sometime after April's. So that at least puts you third in line depending on where mine ranks in the line up. Regardless, you don't need to get hostile with me when I was just explaining things to you.
I don't think I was getting hostile with you. Just disagreeing with your characterization I was last to suspect him. My vote placement was also early in the cycle and I was only 3rd. Seems funny when others came on much later, and some didn't come on at all.

I don't think I was getting hostile with you. Just disagreeing with your characterization I was last to suspect him. My vote placement was also early in the cycle and I was only 3rd. Seems funny when others came on much later, and some didn't come on at all.
I'm not talking about vote placement. I'm talking suspicion.

I'm saying there's plenty of sus from me on him. It wasn't something I discussed much until after the Sporty flip I believe, but it started as soon as we were analyzing VCA between Cubs and Mel.
And I'm not saying you didn't. It's just, by this point, at least two other people already had brought it up. The closer things get to consensus, the less cred each successive movement gets from that one thing.

What would you say your POE looks like now?

I am working on the writeup but I also need night actions a bit earlier than usual so posting this for now. PLEASE send in your actions ASAP.

Dead is @Melchizedek, who was HADES, an AI bent on the destruction of the world, and a wolf who could attempt to control some players' actions, and additionally had gained some extra death resistance with the death of Helis.

7 players remain

1. @Animal Midwife
2. @Crayola227
3. @TelemarketingEnigma
7. @Ms Procrastinator
11. @Aprilthearab
15. @cubsrule4e
17. @supershorty

Dead
4. @alleycat03 - Erend - Village PMer
5. @BobLoblaw78 - Nil - Village Ability Thief
12. @vetschoolsletmeinplease - Rost - Village Bodyguard
6. @genny - Helis - Wolf Seer
14. @SportPonies - Varl - Village Ranger
18. @Dinashadow - Aloy - Village mason JOAT
B. @Melchizedek - HADES - Wolf redirector

Tots:
1. @samac
2. @Lawpy
3. @holdthemayo
4. @SARdoghandler
5. @kaydubs
6. @WonderingStudent
7. @Barkley13
8. @Viscernable
9. @FrostySparrow

It is now Night 4. You may open PMs with your allies. Deadline is ASAP, 8am EST at the latest.

Mel had claimed to me in PMs that he had I think a 1x night death avoidance. Or 2x. I can't remember without going and looking again. This is consistent with the write up saying he had some extra death resistance, fwiw. And makes sense in a game with a village vig.

Oh, I forgot we had a vig. Damn.

I hope the only reason they haven't claimed the kill on genny is that they have another shot and they're village.

Anyway I didn't bring it up because I didn't think it would help us determine his Aff, and if he was village and telling the truth didn't want to dissuade the wolves from trying to NK him at whatever point, because despite the sus on him, things can change in a game like this.

I thought I'd put this out there in case anyone was worried what the write up was referring to with a wolf flipping and having "extra night protection." I suspect he may have been telling the truth at least about the NK avoidance and that this isn't something that the remaining pack member has as well. But anything is possible I guess.

Mel had claimed to me in PMs that he had I think a 1x night death avoidance. Or 2x. I can't remember without going and looking again. This is consistent with the write up saying he had some extra death resistance, fwiw. And makes sense in a game with a village vig.

Oh, I forgot we had a vig. Damn.

I hope the only reason they haven't claimed the kill on genny is that they have another shot and they're village.

Anyway I didn't bring it up because I didn't think it would help us determine his Aff, and if he was village and telling the truth didn't want to dissuade the wolves from trying to NK him at whatever point, because despite the sus on him, things can change in a game like this.

I thought I'd put this out there in case anyone was worried what the write up was referring to with a wolf flipping and having "extra night protection." I suspect he may have been telling the truth at least about the NK avoidance and that this isn't something that the remaining pack member has as well. But anything is possible I guess.
Even if they have no shots, there is still valid reason not to claim.

And I'm not saying you didn't. It's just, by this point, at least two other people already had brought it up. The closer things get to consensus, the less cred each successive movement gets from that one thing.

What would you say your POE looks like now?
It's very rough because of all the mechanical claims we've had.

It's very tempting to believe the claims of myself, Cubs, Lawper, TME, and April.

Which would leave you and Shorty.

Shorty has the VCA on genny and Mel. You don't.

Now, keep in mind this is mostly going off mechanics claims, and then using VCA for the two unclaimed people left.

I'm hoping I live through the night, because I need to go to bed early tonight and pick this up tomorrow. Because while my head is wrapped around mechanics claims, I need to review the VCA more and again. I feel I only understood it coming out of genny's near yeet and not after.

I also need to review the posts, because I don't feel comfortable with reads based on mechanics and VCA. Posts are King in my world.

It's very rough because of all the mechanical claims we've had.

It's very tempting to believe the claims of myself, Cubs, Lawper, TME, and April.

Which would leave you and Shorty.

Shorty has the VCA on genny and Mel. You don't.

Now, keep in mind this is mostly going off mechanics claims, and then using VCA for the two unclaimed people left.

I'm hoping I live through the night, because I need to go to bed early tonight and pick this up tomorrow. Because while my head is wrapped around mechanics claims, I need to review the VCA more and again. I feel I only understood it coming out of genny's near yeet and not after.

I also need to review the posts, because I don't feel comfortable with reads based on mechanics and VCA. Posts are King in my world.
Don't forget Mel was telling the truth about his claim as well.

You did submit your block though, right?

Even if they have no shots, there is still valid reason not to claim.
Honestly my process of elimination, which I doubt I'm helping the wolves here since I expect they're following thread claims as well as I am (and I'm the worst with it), brought me to you and Shorty, and I forgot we had an unclaimed vig. I doubt the wolves did, though, lol.

I'm assuming it's best you not spell out for me why they don't claim?

Is it because they'll be cleared and NK'd? But at this point, assuming even 2/3 of the mechanics claims out there are true, doesn't this lone wolf (if we're right about pack size) have their work cut off for them? They can't possibly kill all the village PRs capable of outting them fast enough, can they? I mean, I guess it's possible they have some extra kills or whatnot.

Honestly my process of elimination, which I doubt I'm helping the wolves here since I expect they're following thread claims as well as I am (and I'm the worst with it), brought me to you and Shorty, and I forgot we had an unclaimed vig. I doubt the wolves did, though, lol.

I'm assuming it's best you not spell out for me why they don't claim?

Is it because they'll be cleared and NK'd? But at this point, assuming even 2/3 of the mechanics claims out there are true, doesn't this lone wolf (if we're right about pack size) have their work cut off for them? They can't possibly kill all the village PRs capable of outting them fast enough, can they? I mean, I guess it's possible they have some extra kills or whatnot.
If this person is in the POE, they'll be instantly cleared in what might otherwise be a difficult yolo (if it were to come to that). That's far more powerful than revealing and giving the wolves a heads-up on who they can remove to increase confusion.

You're right that we can't all be killed, but some of us alive make the game a little more mechanically unwinnable than others.

Yes, it's submitted, so help me God. Hope I made the right choice.
You can't make the wrong choice at this point. Each successive block gives strong info regarding the POE.

Which of the claims made seem to you to maybe be most consistent with a wolf?
Still Enigma from earlier, but 100% of these are claims are self-resolving so I'm not too concerned about it.

You can't make the wrong choice at this point. Each successive block gives strong info regarding POE.
Thank God.

I need help with my POE, because now it's mechanical and has brought me to you and Shorty, and that doesn't feel right either. Before the Mel flip and the claims, I had you and Shorty at the very end of my POE.

Would you clear April based on the stuff with Mel?

Can you walk me through your thoughts more?

AM, are you concerned with Lawper not being on the Mel vote? You think TME was bussing Mel? Anyone else you're worried about bussing there?

Thank God.

I need help with my POE, because now it's mechanical and has brought me to you and Shorty, and that doesn't feel right either. Before the Mel flip and the claims, I had you and Shorty at the very end of my POE.

Would you clear April based on the stuff with Mel?

Can you walk me through your thoughts more?
I find that type of double bus is wholely unnecessary so I'm not looking at April at this point. I would only reevaluate if it were exactly an F3 of her, me, and shorty.

Still looking at Enigma because I'm struggling to see Mel setup Lawpy up for near instant death sentence, by forcing the interaction with cubs.

And while I still haven't cleared cubs, his vote on genny and Mel makes me want to avoid if only for the deepwolfing reality it'd have to be. Not quite Stagg level, but still excessive.

You should be self-resolving so that puts you on the back burner for now.

AM, are you concerned with Lawper not being on the Mel vote? You think TME was bussing Mel? Anyone else you're worried about bussing there?
I'm less concerned for the aforementioned reason that Mel seemed to be focused on eliminating that slot as soon as he subbed in. That's suicidal even from a WIFOM standpoint. If that's what happened, RIP to the wolves because he'd never survive long enough to win with the MsP baggage.

Enigma could have been bussing Mel because, as I said very early game, I know very little about her wolfing meta and what things she'd never do and/or always do.

I'd be very surprised if Mel wasn't bussed today because his pressure actually surpassed even Sporty's in term of repeat suspicion. You can only protect that situation so many times unless you want to entire pack to go under.

Unconcerned about April and shorty as previously mentioned.
And you think Mel was bussing TME?
Considering this was the first time he voted her, it's possible.

Despite all this, still not sure Enigma is a slam dunk because there's been a lot of questionable village decisions that apparently were just confused villagers rather than wolfy misdirection. So can't comfortably go all-in even though I'd like too.

Wait. Do you think Mel tried hurry up and get Lawpy out of the game as a bus?
When was that? If it was right after Lawpy subbed in, I wouldn't be surprised if Mel thought it was safe to push there after most people said to give him at least another cycle to be analyzed. But I don't remember the context

Night 4

avad.gif

Sun-King Avad paced his throne room. Helis was dead, HADES purged - as dead as an AI could be. The Eclipse and their Shadow Carja minions had gone into hiding with no one to worship, no one to follow. But news of something odd had reached him. A small group of Carja had been poking through the destroyed Eclipse encampment, hoping to find scrap metal and other loot. They reported witnessing a ball of red light and smoke leaving the destroyed computer core that had been housing HADES, and streaking off into the sky. Avad didn't know what to make of it.

A loud screech echoed around the canyon surrounding Meridian and the sky was suddenly bright with unnatural lightning. Avad closed his eyes, hoping for the night to pass quickly. He always felt better in the warmth of the sun.

~~~

stalker.jpg

It was built for stealth. As long as it was stalking its target, it could not be heard, could not be seen. By most people anyway, and certainly not by other machines. That was its target tonight. The Stalker scanned the area. Bingo. The Watcher it was tracking was just ahead, hiding somewhere in the trees. Odd though, that it couldn't see the glowing Watcher eye. It should have been visible from this distance.

Unfortunately for the Stalker, it wasn't the most stealthy thing in the forest that night. It, too, was being stalked, and it was unaware until the moment a sharp object penetrated its chassis. It would have survived the stabbing alone, but the electric shock that followed was enough to take it down.

Dead is @TelemarketingEnigma, who was a Stalker, a village machine who could track a player each night and was invincible to most night actions.

~~~

He had been waiting for this. A red light hurtled towards him out of the sky. He opened the lantern-shaped device in his hands, capturing what remained of the doomed AI.

Hello old friend. Remember me?

6 players remain

1. @Animal Midwife
2. @Crayola227
7. @Ms Procrastinator
11. @Aprilthearab
15. @cubsrule4e
17. @supershorty

Dead
4. @alleycat03 - Erend - Village PMer
5. @BobLoblaw78 - Nil - Village Ability Thief
12. @vetschoolsletmeinplease - Rost - Village Bodyguard
6. @genny - Helis - Wolf Seer
14. @SportPonies - Varl - Village Ranger
18. @Dinashadow - Aloy - Village mason JOAT
B. @Melchizedek - HADES - Wolf redirector
3. @TelemarketingEnigma - Stalker - Village Tracker

Tots:
1. @samac
2. @Lawpy
3. @holdthemayo
4. @SARdoghandler
5. @kaydubs
6. @WonderingStudent
7. @Barkley13
8. @Viscernable
9. @FrostySparrow

It is now Day 5. Please indicate in your role PM whether you would like to accelerate to 12/12 cycles.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Well, I guess I was correct to move my focus off of TME but I didn't expect to find out that way

Reactions: 1 users