William Carey University (WCU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2107

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone have any info. on their match list? I cant seem to find anything - I believe they graduated 2 classes so far if I'm not mistaken.

Anyone know how long the secondary question/essay should be? 1 full page? 500 words?

Reactions: 1 user
has anyone gotten the secondary yet? App submitted 7/19

Reactions: 1 users
how likely is the correspondence between a secondary, an II, and maybe an acceptance?

2ndary to II 75% chance, II to accept 99% chance... Just dont stab anyone.... Disclaimer 75% of all stats are made up on the spot... However it is very likely is the take home

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

hahaha when you wrote that, my heart skipped 10 beats (good thing we have a room full of potential docs). but then I read the final part of the message - so highly likely is the overall outcome. But then again it all depends. Just wanted to get a feel for it - thanks!

hahaha when you wrote that, my heart skipped 10 beats (good thing we have a room full of potential docs). but then I read the final part of the message - so highly likely is the overall outcome. But then again it all depends. Just wanted to get a feel for it - thanks!

Hey bro i get it. I was there a few years ago. Just apply broad and if you miss reapply even broader

Members don't see this ad :)
2ndary to II 75% chance, II to accept 99% chance... Just dont stab anyone.... Disclaimer 75% of all stats are made up on the spot... However it is very likely is the take home

What is the interview like? How did you prepare for it? I'm interviewing in october and I'm trying to find the best way to prepare for it. I'm feeling pretty nervous already

What is the interview like? How did you prepare for it? I'm interviewing in october and I'm trying to find the best way to prepare for it. I'm feeling pretty nervous already

I bought suit and showed up on time. Smiled alot, shook some hands, answered questions, ate lunch and left. No reason to be nervous this is the easiest thing you will ever do in your medical career. Be chill, be on time, and dont do anything stupid you will be fine.

Reactions: 1 users
I bought suit and showed up on time. Smiled alot, shook some hands, answered questions, ate lunch and left. No reason to be nervous this is the easiest thing you will ever do in your medical career. Be chill, be on time, and dont do anything stupid you will be fine.

Good to hear! Is the interview pretty laid back even though there's multiple people interviewing you?

Good to hear! Is the interview pretty laid back even though there's multiple people interviewing you?

More people that interview you the better. It is a very casual conversation for the most part. Just answer the questions ask your own and move on and expect to be accepted as majority of interviewees are. That in mind make sure you have a broad app out there

Literally the only school I have not received a secondary from... yet? (Hopefully!) You guys weren't kidding when you said WCU COM is very picky about who they give their secondaries to!

are IIs sent through snail mail or email?

Has anyone else received an interview invite yet? My application was completed and under review August 3rd.

Here is the one I put together for the class of 2015. I'm out on rotations and don't have access to this year's.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/match-lists-2015.1126578/page-12#post-16982801

Hey man I hope rotations are going good for you. Here is the match list Dr. McClain presented us during OMS I orientation. My overall grade of WCUCOM so far is an A - . The attendance policy sucks and a few profs are difficult to deal with. I also wish OPP and doc skills were de-emphasized but I love everything else. There's a lot of ignorant people on SDN who **** on WCUCOM but dont listen to them. I love my school and our residency placements speak for themselves.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    227.1 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Hey man I hope rotations are gooding for you. Here is the match list Dr. McClain presented us during OMS I orientation. My overall grade of WCUCOM so far is an A - . The attendance policy sucks and a few profs are difficult to deal with. I also wish OPP and doc skills were de-emphasized but I love everything else. There's a lot of ignorant people on SDN who **** on WCUCOM but dont listen to them. I love my school and our residency placements speak for themselves.

Your opinions may change with time, you may even be wishing you had listened to those "ignorant " people. Integrated is coming...

Your opinions may change with time, you may even be wishing you had listened to those "ignorant " people. Integrated is coming...

Integrated has been going on for a couple weeks and Im enjoying it so far. Im not excited about 200 question exams though.

WCUCOM has an integrated curriculum where doctoring skills, biochem, histology, and physiology are tested together on 1 big exam (but you still get seperate grades based on your performance in that subject). It is supposed to be simulate board exams in duration and testing style.

@GEToutLADYits6AM

Does anyone know where we can find our final gpa on the aacomas website?

Also, do we need to have our evaluation letters in order to be "complete"?

Thanks in advance

Does it look bad that I have a recommendation letter from an MD and not an osteopathic physician lol?

Does anyone know what the stats were for the last class admitted here? Trying to see how competitive I will be

3.2 cgpa 3.3 sgpa 507 mcat
2 year collegiate athlete
Worked a job all of school
300 shadowing hours
95 volunteer hours

3.2 cgpa 3.3 sgpa 507 mcat
2 year collegiate athlete
Worked a job all of school
300 shadowing hours
95 volunteer hours

Your stats/credentials are good. There is no reason why you should not get a interview/secondary

When I applied they required a letter from a DO, your other letters where negotiable

They said a DO letter is not required and that is perfectly "legal"-Lol. However, the guy was acting as though the letter just lost all of its value lol

WCUCOM is big on osteopathy so you need at least 1 DO letter. Academics are important but WCUCOM is a mission school so it's important you talk about helping others and your application hopefully reflects that.

WCUCOM is big on osteopathy so you need at least 1 DO letter. Academics are important but WCUCOM is a mission school so it's important you talk about helping others and your application hopefully reflects that.

This applies to just about all DO schools so yeah. Get that DO letter

I have been trying to shadow a d.o. doctor, but it has been pretty difficult. No luck unfortunate

Any one know the usual turnaround time for II after secondaries have been submitted and under review?