William Carey University (WCU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2107

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone interviewing on monday want to grab dinner the night before?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I mean I submitted my secondary in September and haven't heard anything back since - should have made it more clear...
Just wait, it is early in the cycle. At this school, a secondary will lead you an interview spot from what I have read.

3.2 gpa, 509 mcat, no DO letter. Secondary sent in oct 10th and interview invite today dec 9th. They're still sorting through applicants and giving interviews, so stay optimistic guys. It took me forever to get my references in and had to get them faxed up there. It's best to email LaDonna if you have any questions. She is very punctual and forthcoming.

Reactions: 1 user
3.2 gpa, 509 mcat, no DO letter. Secondary sent in oct 10th and interview invite today dec 9th. They're still sorting through applicants and giving interviews, so stay optimistic guys. It took me forever to get my references in and had to get them faxed up there. It's best to email LaDonna if you have any questions. She is very punctual and forthcoming.

Why is your ii in December and not in November?

Why is your ii in December and not in November?
I'm not 100% sure, but my best guess is that November may be a tad full. There's also Thanksgiving during that time, so people will want to spend the holiday week with their families.

I'm not 100% sure, but my best guess is that November may be a tad full. There's also Thanksgiving during that time, so people will want to spend the holiday week with their families.
I hope that doesn't mean I will be late lol. I mailed in my secondary last Thursday lol

Is there a reason why so many students who submitted their secondary just recently already received an II but those of us who sent it in August still haven't heard anything? [Anxious] :/

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty short thread....is this school slow to start IIs/acceptances? Have there been acceptances?

Complete 10/14. II 10/25. Scheduled for 12/9.

Accepted! Got the call around 3pm today

Reactions: 2 users
II december 2 for me!

Same thing! Application marked complete Sept 7 and still no word... I wonder if they're just waiting to send me a rejection letter.
How do you know whether your application is complete? I sent my secondary in and got the letter in the mail stating they received my secondary.

How do you know whether your application is complete? I sent my secondary in and got the letter in the mail stating they received my secondary.
Email admissions. They will let you know if your application is complete :thumbup:

Got my first interview on Dec 12th. How is everyone else prepping for the interview?

Wow. It seems like William Carey gives II in the reverse order...Those who submitted in like October and November have already gotten IIs :O

Do I have a shot here? cGPA 3.7, sGPA 3.6, MCAT: 499

Have u applied yet?
Yeah. I applied in June through AACOMAS. I then got a secondary request to fill out a document and mail it (yes, it's a paper app).

A few weeks after I submitted that, I got an interview invite for December.

Sent from my SM-G360T using SDN mobile

Wow. It seems like William Carey gives II in the reverse order...Those who submitted in like October and November have already gotten IIs :O

Speaking from experience (having applied previous cycles), they probably do multiple passes on review. If they're past your submit date, it doesn't mean you're "silently rejected," or anything, just that they may have placed you in a re-review/hold pile. Many schools go through applications quickly on first pass and sort into interview/reject/hold and then go back from the beginning of the hold pile with more scrutiny looking for later interviews. I received two interviews last cycle in Jan/Mar when I submitted in Aug. Basically, don't fret if you haven't gotten one yet, as long as you haven't received a rejection they're potentially re-reviewing you on second pass.

Speaking from experience (having applied previous cycles), they probably do multiple passes on review. If they're past your submit date, it doesn't mean you're "silently rejected," or anything, just that they may have placed you in a re-review/hold pile. Many schools go through applications quickly on first pass and sort into interview/reject/hold and then go back from the beginning of the hold pile with more scrutiny looking for later interviews. I received two interviews last cycle in Jan/Mar when I submitted in Aug. Basically, don't fret if you haven't gotten one yet, as long as you haven't received a rejection they're potentially re-reviewing you on second pass.
Did you get in anywhere last cycle? If you dont mind me asking...

You are all over thinking this. Admissions also does recruitment and other duties and they process apps from top to bottom. They get busy cant do apps, more pile up and when they get back they work on whats on top.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You are all over thinking this. Admissions also does recruitment and other duties and they process apps from top to bottom. They get busy cant do apps, more pile up and when they get back they work on whats on top.

I have no doubt they're very busy this time of year. Some of the other folks on the forum were concerned that people who had submitted their secondaries later had received IIs and their status hadn't been updated. I'm just saying if they're going in order received, but their status hasn't changed, it's possible admissions do multiple looks at candidates whom they didn't extend interviews to right away (or reject) and people shouldn't get down about not receiving an II yet.

Did you get in anywhere last cycle? If you dont mind me asking...

I did not, but I didn't apply broadly enough. I interviewed with 2/10 schools and was waitlisted with both. I also had friends who interviewed at the same time who got off waitlists or got in depending on where their II was from. Don't panic yet, many schools interview through April, so there's still 5 1/2 months when you may get more IIs. Spots are bound to open up as people begin to decline offers and drift toward particular programs as well.

Primary verified 11/2
Secondary received 11/14
Secondary sent in 11/17
Hoping to get an II soon.

Just wondering if this is a common occurrence: I received a secondary without having all of my LORs in (I'm still waiting on one from a physician I worked with) and I was wondering if anyone else has had that happen.

And here's another seemingly dumb question: Will they extend an invitation to interview without having them all in, or will they wait until all of my LORs are submitted before inviting me to interview?

Just wondering if this is a common occurrence: I received a secondary without having all of my LORs in (I'm still waiting on one from a physician I worked with) and I was wondering if anyone else has had that happen.

And here's another seemingly dumb question: Will they extend an invitation to interview without having them all in, or will they wait until all of my LORs are submitted before inviting me to interview?

I received an secondary with no letters. Did not receive an II until all letters were turned in.

Does anyone have a 2014-2016 match list complete with location of residency? Link or data would be appreciated. Really wish they published this.