WW in the Canadian WWilds - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Heads up that it seems to work best if you are selecting only a sentence or two at a time.

It has crapped out on me a couple times now when I've attempted to fact check myself on some of these paragraphs haha
Oh that's weird. It let me do the whole page, and just translated as I scrolled. I just had to tell it the page was in French.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I really hope someone investigated the mayor last night, because she was drafted and then didn't even vote for herself in the election.
someone did
N1 results
"A knock on your door reveals someone leaving you a 24-pack of beer and some quintessential Canadian snacks like butter tarts and nanaimo squares! Looks like you're having a party for one tonight! You make it all the way through your 2-4 before you black out, waking up the next morning and not really knowing what else happened last night, if anything. "

Oh that's weird. It let me do the whole page, and just translated as I scrolled. I just had to tell it the page was in French.
lmao

when I type out a full page of translation on my phone and it turns out my phone could have automatically shown it all in english

tabarnouche :smack:

• Haha
someone did
N1 results
"A knock on your door reveals someone leaving you a 24-pack of beer and some quintessential Canadian snacks like butter tarts and nanaimo squares! Looks like you're having a party for one tonight! You make it all the way through your 2-4 before you black out, waking up the next morning and not really knowing what else happened last night, if anything. "
I don't think that sounds like an investigation...

Reactions: 1 user
Lynch kras

Slight feels. Also have some for MsP but I can't pinpoint why so it might just be how I usually find her sketchy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe you should see how she'll react to two :unsure:

I hate lynching AM d1, because she's good to keep around when she is village. But I don't know. Is she always this reactive to votes for her?

Quite honestly I know zero French, play on my phone, and am way too lazy to put all the French posts into google translate. Just sayin’

Or your could vote for the mayor who tried to pass off a block as an investigation.

I was reading it as a bodyguard. And I am the worst for misinterpreting night results that happen to me, especially when I was new so that doesn't exactly make her sketch.

But I would like to hear why @Miranda Senft didn't vote for herself...

maxresdefault.jpg

A very angry MODLY voice booms over the speakers.

READ THEM RULES YO I DON'T WANT TO MOD KILL ANYONE TODAY

3. No copying or screenshots or direct quotes or fake direct quotes from ANY PMs. These include PMs with mods and with other players. Paraphrase please.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming. Carry on.​

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
I hate lynching AM d1, because she's good to keep around when she is village. But I don't know. Is she always this reactive to votes for her?

I think we should leave AM alone today. I don't know why she is speaking in French, but it doesn't strike me as a wolfie thing to do. It draws way too much unnecessary attention for that.

Party for one, got distracted enough not to do anything last night. Could be jailing, I suppose. It's very village in flavor, in my opinion.

Sure, could it not be a wolf blocking mechanism since Mayor often gets some kind of bonus/item/ability they wanted to stop in case it was a N1 effect? Or wolf jailing to prevent village from getting info or her?

Party for one, got distracted enough not to do anything last night. Could be jailing, I suppose. It's very village in flavor, in my opinion.
I was reading it as a bodyguard. And I am the worst for misinterpreting night results that happen to me, especially when I was new so that doesn't exactly make her sketch.

But I would like to hear why @Miranda Senft didn't vote for herself...

lol I meant it sounded like jailing not bodyguard.

I think we should leave AM alone today. I don't know why she is speaking in French, but it doesn't strike me as a wolfie thing to do. It draws way too much unnecessary attention for that.

Maybe, maybe not, but why do it to the extent of total annoyance? No one can coherently follow the thread except maybe pippy and jboo. Could be a 3rd party thing as well. If it were a true restriction, thats pretty odd for it to happen at the start of the game, and then why would it continue on to D2? And now if Jboo was actually post restricted, whats going to happen? Eventually everyone on thread has to post in French? Dont see that happening, unless its some kind of crazy 3p win condition, and that would be unwinnable in my mind anyway.

Sure, could it not be a wolf blocking mechanism since Mayor often gets some kind of bonus/item/ability they wanted to stop in case it was a N1 effect? Or wolf jailing to prevent village from getting info or her?

Like if it was jailing, I could see how someone would want to protect the mayor, but please let them time to be investigated first.

If it was just blocking, it was probably a wolf move

But it sounded village, so my money is on jailing.

Maybe, maybe not, but why do it to the extent of total annoyance? No one can coherently follow the thread except maybe pippy and jboo. Could be a 3rd party thing as well. If it were a true restriction, thats pretty odd for it to happen at the start of the game, and then why would it continue on to D2? And now if Jboo was actually post restricted, whats going to happen? Eventually everyone on thread has to post in French? Dont see that happening, unless its some kind of crazy 3p win condition, and that would be unwinnable in my mind anyway.

I guess my point is, I don't know why AM is doing it. I just think that risking annoying everyone and drawing attention right out of the gate makes doing that as a wolf much less likely than the other options. I would rather let it play out for a day or two rather than blow our first vote on a mild annoyance that is unlikely to be a wolf.

And now if Jboo was actually post restricted, whats going to happen? Eventually everyone on thread has to post in French? Dont see that happening, unless its some kind of crazy 3p win condition, and that would be unwinnable in my mind anyway.
Wat?

Post restrictions aren't viruses, they're usually role related or item related.

I don't understand why there can't be one citizen (aka probs townie) who has to get by in Canada by speaking only French (fits with the game theme), and another person doling out an entirely separate run-of-the-mill daily posting restriction.

If there is a restrictor role, their N1 choice of target fits more with a villager action in my mind. But the choice to restrict someone else to French has already threatened to shut down discussion, so that seems kinda wolfy.

I would draw your attention to my previous post. 1) she could be taking 2) it could be real and annoying. With AM is lean more this direction.

Either way it in no way tells us about affiliation!

Not likely. More often than not it'll be a permanent role restriction, but I don't think I've seen it with a role restrictor before. Always a first time for everything. Either way it does not tell us about affiliation!

maxresdefault.jpg

A very angry MODLY voice booms over the speakers.

READ THEM RULES YO I DON'T WANT TO MOD KILL ANYONE TODAY

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming. Carry on.​

Ok based on the number of wows for this post + angry mod voice, this is serious and is duly noted.

NOTICE TO ALL SPECTATORS:

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM INTERACTING WITH THE PLAYERS IN WAYS THAT MAY BE CONSTRUED AS STRATEGY. THIS INCLUDES REACTING TO GAME POSTS, UNLESS THE CONTENT OF SAID POSTS COULD NOT IN ANY WAY BE INTERPRETED AS STRATEGIC. WHEN IN DOUBT, SAVE YOUR REACTS FOR THE END OF THE GAME. THANK YOU.

• Hmm
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
with less than 10 friends who are all 6 feet apart, right?
Oui et surtout. Plusieurs personnes ont apporté des rubans à mesurer :laugh:
Pour être clair, je suis libre de ma restriction en fin de compte.

Reactions: 2 users
N1:

4506c6989c06c5f778fc1bd8a320d0a3.jpg

What a long and eventful night it was for our bus goers! It turns out Banff can be a bit of a party town once the sun goes down. Everyone managed to find something to do to entertain themselves. Many new friends were made, good times were shared, a two-four or two went around. Sometime during the night it started to snow heavily, but our group was in the mountains so this wasn't unexpected! A group of people (perhaps a little more than drunk) made their way up to the Bow Falls in the dark because they'd heard it was to die for from all the Aussies that inhabit Banff year round. No one noticed the faint splash amongst all the merrymaking. But come morning, there was one less passenger for the bus at 8 am. Onward to the rest of Alberta!

Dead is Sporty who was The Song Writer of All Things Canadiana, Stompin Tom Connors and could add something into the night writeup if she so chose.

20 players still on board.
Roster:
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @mmmdreamerz
3. @PippyPony
4. @dolphin106258
5. @genny
6. @TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo
7. @kraskadva
8. @SnowshoeDog143
9. @johnnaboo
10. BigCats -> @Lawper
11. @Ms Procrastinator
12. @Doggo Labs
13. @jenjen2020
15. @cubsrule4e
16. @Melchizedek
17. @alissa14
18. @holdthemayo
19. @Miranda Senft
20. @WonderingStudent
21. @Zeppelyn

Subs
1. @Dr. ForgotToFlush
2. @MrsDrDr
3. @Barkley13

Left behind in the beauty of Canada:
Sporty -
Stompin' Tom

IT IS NOW D2 - Lynch accordingly
Lynch close at 8 Canada time/10 EST
I make a cool avatar for this game and then die N1??
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users