WW in the Canadian WWilds - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When AM speaks only in French, half of the game is in French haha

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Real chili is chili con carne... literally peppers with meat. No clue where the beans came from!
Ehh chili con carne sometimes comes with beans. Lynch cubs for making me hungry.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Non, what is that even supposed to mean?
J'aime quand vous interagissez avec des gens en temps réel ou au moins votez plus tôt et publié plusieurs fois dans un cycle. Aide à faire avancer le jeu plus rapidement. J'espérais simplement que cette tendance se poursuit en dehors du vote à la mairie.

J'aime quand vous interagissez avec des gens en temps réel ou au moins votez plus tôt et publié plusieurs fois dans un cycle. Aide à faire avancer le jeu plus rapidement. J'espérais simplement que cette tendance se poursuit en dehors du vote à la mairie.
You would probably have better luck encouraging people to play if you drop the French. This isn't like Coop's coconut, is it?

Just to keep y'all in the loop, I'm subbing out (shocker, I know!)- I think I'm a little burnt out from playing every single game since I started, and my head just isn't in the game right now. Hopefully taking a break will be enough of a reset to keep me chugging along for future games! :cat:

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just to keep y'all in the loop, I'm subbing out (shocker, I know!)- I think I'm a little burnt out from playing every single game since I started, and my head just isn't in the game right now. Hopefully taking a break will be enough of a reset to keep me chugging along for future games! :cat:
Take the time you need!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
You would probably have better luck encouraging people to play if you drop the French. This isn't like Coop's coconut, is it?
Je ne sais pas ce que tu veux dire par la noix de coco.

Je ne sais pas ce que tu veux dire par la noix de coco.
Was it a coconut? I can't remember. The item that coop got on day 1 in that one game that she passed off and you ended up hoarding. Whatever. I'm trying to ask if you got a day 1 item that gave you a post restriction, mostly because I don't want to be next if that's the case.

• Haha
Was it a coconut? I can't remember. The item that coop got on day 1 in that one game that she passed off and you ended up hoarding. Whatever. I'm trying to ask if you got a day 1 item that gave you a post restriction, mostly because I don't want to be next if that's the case.
Inconnu à ce stade.

FINAL Official D1 "Welcome To/Bienvenue Au Canada" Prime Minister Vote Tally

Mel (1) – AM
Pippy (2) – jboo, bigcats
MOOSE (9) – Cubs, Snowy, jenjen, kras, BBC, Zeppole, 3m, alissa, MsP
Mayo (3) – Mayo, genny, Pippy
Snowy ()
Alissa (3) - Doggo, Mel, Dolph
Sporty (1) - Sporty
MsP ()
jenjen (1) - Wondering
Jboo (1) - Moose

21/21
missing: n/a

source.gif

• Love
End of D1 – British Columbia!

Joffre-Lakes-in-summer-BC-Canada1.jpg

Exhausted from their first long day of touring Canada, everyone settled into the comfy coach seats as the bus trundled its way towards Banff to check into a hotel for the night. Just when they thought they’d gotten free of the nagging voice of SAR-the-tour-guide, her voice crackled onto the overhead once more.

“What a glorious first day in Canada! The sun was shining, birds were singing, and you all even elected your bus prime minister! But before we get to that, let’s have a quick recap of our day. And if you were thinking “holy cow we did a lot in one day”, it’s because we did! I may not have mentioned at the beginning of the tour that this is a magical bus that extends time just a little bit so that I can show you more than just a few little parts of my country. Isn’t it great?

We began our day, if you will all recall in the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver on the west coast where we took in Stanley Park among other great attractions. Did you know that half of all British Columbians live in the greater Vancouver area?

Header_Image_dd0a5837-25b0-4b73-bd8f-273261f8d1e5.jpg

A short ferry ride later brought us to the capital city of beautiful Victoria and the Buchart Gardens! If you paid close enough attention as we drove through Duncan, you will have noticed the world’s largest hockey stick which measures in at an inspiring 62.48m. We also drove through Ladysmith, birthplace of Pam Anderson, who also happened to be Canada’s Centennial baby that year! We also stopped into Nanaimo to have the quintessential Nanaimo bar.

Butchart-Gardens.jpg

Back on the mainland we stopped by Whistler to ride the gondola and see the site of the 2010 Winter Olympics before heading off into the mountains. We, of course, can’t forget our stop in the Okanagan Valley for some sight seeing and relaxing on that amazing wine tour!

Whistler-village-winter-Credit_-Mike-Crane_Tourism-Whistler-e1541457546434.jpg

wine-photography-workshop-bc-canada-1200.jpg

And last but not least, we can’t forget all the national and other parks we visited today! With 6 national parks and over 400 provincial parks, it was inevitable that we hit up at least a few of them. Yoho, Pacific Rim, Haida Gwaii, Glacier, Mount Revelstoke, Kootenay, and Mt. Robson all come to mind! And of course, the Great Bear Rainforest was stunning as always! Two thirds of BC is forest land, and more than half of that has had little or no European contact.

IMG_7766.JPG

trip-uploaded_image-862ca7ca-d480-49b2-8f21-5bfce36e2b5c.jpg

Now, I’m sure you’re all super excited to see what Day 2 in Alberta will bring! I am too! You’ll have a few hours and overnight in Banff tonight, so go have some fun but don’t get too rowdy. A gentle reminder that anyone not on the bus at 8am SHARP won’t be allowed to continue along with the tour – we can and will leave you behind. Lots of things to see and do! So many, in fact, that I might ensure I interject some places into the thread- er, during the day so I don’t have to do such a big recap at night and you can all enjoy some of the beautiful places you can see in Canada!

40fb4be30eefd459e7d6f3dc3aefeb44341d586e.jpg

In the meantime, while we roll into Banff I’ll leave you all with one of my favourite Canadian bands of all time. I’m sure at least some of you have heard this tune! And oh yeah! You all elected @Miranda Senft to be your honorary Prime Minister! Nice choice, they look trustworthy to lead us on this adventure!”

ANDDDDDD - one of you has already been replaced. In BigCats's seat, everyone found that @Lawper had appeared seamlessly.

21 players still on board.
Roster:
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @mmmdreamerz
3. @PippyPony
4. @dolphin106258
5. @genny
6. @TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo
7. @kraskadva
8. @SnowshoeDog143
9. @johnnaboo
10. BigCats -> @Lawper
11. @Ms Procrastinator
12. @Doggo Labs
13. @jenjen2020
14. @SportPonies
15. @cubsrule4e
16. @Melchizedek
17. @alissa14
18. @holdthemayo
19. @Miranda Senft
20. @WonderingStudent
21. @Zeppelyn

Subs
1. @Dr. ForgotToFlush
2. @MrsDrDr
3. @Barkley13

IT IS NOW N1. PLEASE SEND THOSE ACTIONS.
Night closes at 8am Canada/10am Eastern

Ah nevermind lol

• Haha

Exhausted from their first long day of touring Canada, everyone settled into the comfy coach seats as the bus trundled its way towards Banff to check into a hotel for the night. Just when they thought they’d gotten free of the nagging voice of SAR-the-tour-guide, her voice crackled onto the overhead once more.

“What a glorious first day in Canada! The sun was shining, birds were singing, and you all even elected your bus prime minister! But before we get to that, let’s have a quick recap of our day. And if you were thinking “holy cow we did a lot in one day”, it’s because we did! I may not have mentioned at the beginning of the tour that this is a magical bus that extends time just a little bit so that I can show you more than just a few little parts of my country. Isn’t it great?

We began our day, if you will all recall in the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver on the west coast where we took in Stanley Park among other great attractions. Did you know that half of all British Columbians live in the greater Vancouver area?

Ummmm I paid for first class tickets. Didnt you see me at the front of the posting line?

Also, Ive been to Stanley Park!

• Haha

A short ferry ride later brought us to the capital city of beautiful Victoria and the Buchart Gardens! If you paid close enough attention as we drove through Duncan, you will have noticed the world’s largest hockey stick which measures in at an inspiring 62.48m. We also drove through Ladysmith, birthplace of Pam Anderson, who also happened to be Canada’s Centennial baby that year! We also stopped into Nanaimo to have the quintessential Nanaimo bar.

Butchart-Gardens.jpg

Back on the mainland we stopped by Whistler to ride the gondola and see the site of the 2010 Winter Olympics before heading off into the mountains. We, of course, can’t forget our stop in the Okanagan Valley for some sight seeing and relaxing on that amazing wine tour!

And last but not least, we can’t forget all the national and other parks we visited today! With 6 national parks and over 400 provincial parks, it was inevitable that we hit up at least a few of them. Yoho, Pacific Rim, Haida Gwaii, Glacier, Mount Revelstoke, Kootenay, and Mt. Robson all come to mind! And of course, the Great Bear Rainforest was stunning as always! Two thirds of BC is forest land, and more than half of that has had little or no European contact.

IMG_7766.JPG

Now, I’m sure you’re all super excited to see what Day 2 in Alberta will bring! I am too! You’ll have a few hours and overnight in Banff tonight, so go have some fun but don’t get too rowdy. A gentle reminder that anyone not on the bus at 8am SHARP won’t be allowed to continue along with the tour – we can and will leave you behind. Lots of things to see and do! So many, in fact, that I might ensure I interject some places into the thread- er, during the day so I don’t have to do such a big recap at night and you can all enjoy some of the beautiful places you can see in Canada!

In the meantime, while we roll into Banff I’ll leave you all with one of my favourite Canadian bands of all time. I’m sure at least some of you have heard this tune! And oh yeah! You all elected @Miranda Senft to be your honorary Prime Minister! Nice choice, they look trustworthy to lead us on this adventure!”

ANDDDDDD - one of you has already been replaced. In BigCats's seat, everyone found that @Lawper had appeared seamlessly.

Roster:
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @mmmdreamerz
3. @PippyPony
4. @dolphin106258
5. @genny
7. @kraskadva
8. @SnowshoeDog143
9. @johnnaboo
10. BigCats -> @Lawper
11. @Ms Procrastinator
12. @Doggo Labs
13. @jenjen2020
14. @SportPonies
15. @cubsrule4e
16. @Melchizedek
17. @alissa14
18. @holdthemayo
19. @Miranda Senft
20. @WonderingStudent
21. @Zeppelyn

Subs
1. @Dr. ForgotToFlush
2. @MrsDrDr
3. @Barkley13

2CDB5355-EA87-4780-AF7F-3A7E289DFBED.jpeg
11A22F34-82F1-4F13-AF96-776A4EB9334F.jpeg

Got Lions Gate Bridge in here too

Reactions: 4 users

Butchart-Gardens.jpg

IMG_7766.JPG

Roster:
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @mmmdreamerz
3. @PippyPony
4. @dolphin106258
5. @genny
7. @kraskadva
8. @SnowshoeDog143
9. @johnnaboo
10. BigCats -> @Lawper
11. @Ms Procrastinator
12. @Doggo Labs
13. @jenjen2020
14. @SportPonies
15. @cubsrule4e
16. @Melchizedek
17. @alissa14
18. @holdthemayo
19. @Miranda Senft
20. @WonderingStudent
21. @Zeppelyn

Subs
1. @Dr. ForgotToFlush
2. @MrsDrDr
3. @Barkley13

This is making me seriously miss living in the PNW

So sorry you feel that way! I definitely have felt that a few times!!! Take all the time you need :love:

Tonight I overheard a coworker telling another coworker that the reason x coworker hasn't been around in a while was because he caught corona (he didn't say it by name). At first I thought, "wow I hope x is doing okay". Now I'm kinda like "WHAT THE HELL!!!!" Shouldn't that be something we're told about?! I have no idea how true it is, but I haven't seen the guy in a while and noone's said anything. Hoooooow?!!

Thank you all for electing me as Prime Minister!!! I shall do my best to follow the people's (village's wishes) and lead us to victory!!!
giphy.gif

corona (he didn't say it by name).
The majority of people I hang out with, have taken to calling it "The 'Rona" (Joke on "la llorona").

also its interesting to see how this has become the SARS of our age. Everyone is frightened to say the word in case they have to go into lockdown....

Last edited:
The majority of people I hang out with, have taken to calling it "The 'Rona" (Joke on "la llorona").

also its interesting to see how this has become the SARS of our age. Everyone is frightened to say the word in case they have to go into lockdown....

I've also called it la llorona

Thank you all for electing me as Prime Minister!!! I shall do my best to follow the people's (village's wishes) and lead us to victory!!!
giphy.gif
For some reason anytime I think of the Canadian national anthem, instead of singing the correct thing, I always end up singing Genovia’s national anthem from The Princess Diaries...

Also congrats, Miss PM

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
This is how I travel: half anxiety, half excitement to get out of my hometown (pop. 500).
1584856603453.png

• Haha
>Mfw I wasn't watching the game thread until now

Thats why I made this handy dandy tour pamphlet.

Thats why I made this handy dandy tour pamphlet.
You're the best
Reading French posts gives me flashbacks so I'm happy to skip those

N1:

4506c6989c06c5f778fc1bd8a320d0a3.jpg

What a long and eventful night it was for our bus goers! It turns out Banff can be a bit of a party town once the sun goes down. Everyone managed to find something to do to entertain themselves. Many new friends were made, good times were shared, a two-four or two went around. Sometime during the night it started to snow heavily, but our group was in the mountains so this wasn't unexpected! A group of people (perhaps a little more than drunk) made their way up to the Bow Falls in the dark because they'd heard it was to die for from all the Aussies that inhabit Banff year round. No one noticed the faint splash amongst all the merrymaking. But come morning, there was one less passenger for the bus at 8 am. Onward to the rest of Alberta!

Dead is Sporty who was The Song Writer of All Things Canadiana, Stompin Tom Connors and could add something into the night writeup if she so chose.

20 players still on board.
Roster:
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @mmmdreamerz
3. @PippyPony
4. @dolphin106258
5. @genny
7. @kraskadva
8. @SnowshoeDog143
9. @johnnaboo
10. BigCats -> @Lawper