-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WW: Southern Vampires GAME THREAD
Started by fromthebox
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yeah I really can't see Eric or Bill being wolves but on the other hand, I can definitely see Russel being a wolf.
Also Pam and Jessica
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waiting for some more info from PJ to see if I am going to change my vote or not. Her character does seem to match with the role she explained to me, but I don't know much about the theme so I am not sure if I should be considering this character good/bad/neutral.
Also Pam and Jessica
Yeah for sure. I was just picking a couple off the top of my head.
We may not even have a Jessica in this game if they are mostly going off the books. She is a show-only character, I think.Also Pam and Jessica
Random other things:
Tara Thornton in the show: ends up becoming a vampire.
Tara Thornton in the books: not a major character, remains human.
Lafayette Reynolds in the books: Dies pretty darn quickly.
Lafayette Reynolds in the show: Hasn't died yet! (c'mon...they can't kill off someone THAT fabulous!)
There are more, I'm sure...
Well, I need to study for an immunology test, so I'll just through out a name for lynching. I'm not going on the PJ train at this time, so
Lynch bb
Lynch bb
Was going to ask. Mods: are we using the books primarily, show primarily, or a strong mix of both. It chanes how we view characters.
CURRENT LYNCH TALLY:
PJ Meowerton - 15 (DVMDream, bbeventer, SNS, DocE, wldlfstdnt, wolfspeaker, cuit, nohika, trem, WTF, dyachei, Swings, hedgie, Zany, foxhunter)
Cuitjdsiasfoiasn - 1 (wildcatj)
bbeventer - 1 (Lupin21)
Waffles: 4
PJ Meowerton - 15 (DVMDream, bbeventer, SNS, DocE, wldlfstdnt, wolfspeaker, cuit, nohika, trem, WTF, dyachei, Swings, hedgie, Zany, foxhunter)
Cuitjdsiasfoiasn - 1 (wildcatj)
bbeventer - 1 (Lupin21)
Waffles: 4
Lafayette is my favorite! Also, Claudine dies really early in the show and she doesn't die until later in the books. There are a lot of differences between some book characters and their TV roles.We may not even have a Jessica in this game if they are mostly going off the books. She is a show-only character, I think.
Random other things:
Tara Thornton in the show: ends up becoming a vampire.
Tara Thornton in the books: not a major character, remains human.
Lafayette Reynolds in the books: Dies pretty darn quickly.
Lafayette Reynolds in the show: Hasn't died yet! (c'mon...they can't kill off someone THAT fabulous!)
There are more, I'm sure...
Lafayette is my favorite! Also, Claudine dies really early in the show and she doesn't die until later in the books. There are a lot of differences between some book characters and their TV roles.
Agreed. It's a tad confusing.
Ok here is where I'm at.
1. I always wind up in the quiet groups. 🙁
2. I would REALLY like for someone to vouch for Trem if they can. I'm not sold on her story.
3. There is also someone I will ask later about their whereabouts night 1. I won't out them here because there is one legitimate reason for where they were at.
1. I always wind up in the quiet groups. 🙁
2. I would REALLY like for someone to vouch for Trem if they can. I'm not sold on her story.
3. There is also someone I will ask later about their whereabouts night 1. I won't out them here because there is one legitimate reason for where they were at.
Ok... the role that PJ gave me I can see as being either a wolf role or that have a neutral character.....
I don't see how it could be a villager role, but again I don't really know much about the series. I wish I knew more and I am trying to find out more information via wiki and the internet because I don't want to be revealing her role.
I don't see how it could be a villager role, but again I don't really know much about the series. I wish I knew more and I am trying to find out more information via wiki and the internet because I don't want to be revealing her role.
If I was a wolf I wouldn't have told my real role, u would have made up the most innocent sounding role and prayed no one had it
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I was a wolf I wouldn't have told my real role, u would have made up the most innocent sounding role and prayed no one had it
How would I ever know if anyone has it until they are either investigated and come back with it or the role is revealed on the thread.
I am not disagreeing that the role you gave me is false, just trying to decide if it is a wolf role or not.
I also have no other information for a lynch. What do you suggest?
It might be too late to save PJ now anyway, less than an hour left, so we would have to bandwagon someone else but no one has any leads. I'm not saying I am not willing to try and help PJ if we think she is good but just that it seems as if she will die today no matter what.
It might be too late to save PJ now anyway, less than an hour left, so we would have to bandwagon someone else but no one has any leads. I'm not saying I am not willing to try and help PJ if we think she is good but just that it seems as if she will die today no matter what.
I really don't want to bandwagon on someone else just to attempt to save PJ whose role is ambiguous and we can't be sure if it is or is not a wolf role.
grrrrr fine! I'm Amy Burley
I really don't want to bandwagon on someone else just to attempt to save PJ whose role is ambiguous and we can't be sure if it is or is not a wolf role.
I agree, that is what I was trying to say
grrrrr fine! I'm Amy Burley
I don't THINK that would be a wolf role? Seems like a chaotic one
But ALSO, I feel like there were so many more major roles for FTB to choose from?
grrrrr fine! I'm Amy Burley
Well Amy was Jason's girlfriend. I would definitely say not a wolf. She did kidnap a vampire to keep up her V habit but I wouldn't consider her to be a wolf in this game.
I agree with this, too. (the bolded part)I don't THINK that would be a wolf role? Seems like a chaotic one
But ALSO, I feel like there were so many more major roles for FTB to choose from?
Well Amy was Jason's girlfriend. I would definitely say not a wolf. She did kidnap a vampire to keep up her V habit but I wouldn't consider her to be a wolf in this game.
She also supposedly killed that vampire as well....
Hence my confusion.
She also supposedly killed that vampire as well....
Hence my confusion.
Yes, she did. I would see it being more neutral than wolfy but I just don't know. Definitely morally ambiguous.
Yes, she did. I would see it being more neutral than wolfy but I just don't know. Definitely morally ambiguous.
And it wasn't an evil vampire she killed
Very true...that guy was a really nice vampire!And it wasn't an evil vampire she killed

Yes, she did. I would see it being more neutral than wolfy but I just don't know. Definitely morally ambiguous.
This, exactly.
Also, from what I read she was Jason's girlfriend up until the point she killed Eddie, then he really didn't want to be with her.
I also feel like it was kind of a lesser character and not one of the major ones (from what I found on wiki).
I got that she was rather crazy/confused especially when unable to get V.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Very true...that guy was a really nice vampire!![]()
Poor Eddie.
I don't THINK that would be a wolf role? Seems like a chaotic one
But ALSO, I feel like there were so many more major roles for FTB to choose from?
there are 30 people playing, so... that is a lot of characters
This, exactly.
Also, from what I read she was Jason's girlfriend up until the point she killed Eddie, then he really didn't want to be with her.
I also feel like it was kind of a lesser character and not one of the major ones (from what I found on wiki).
I got that she was rather crazy/confused especially when unable to get V.
In the show she was Jason's girlfriend until she got killed by Rene. Jason took her back after the Eddie thing.
She got killed by Rene in the book, too, but the whole kidnapping a vampire thing wasn't in the book.
Just checking in before the party.
I'm inclined to leave my vote as is. Even if she is neutral, I am not a huge fan of neutral characters because they can can either way, and it is usually their choice.
And even though my vote for Trem yesterday was RNG, little red flags are still up about how she reacted to that....just sayin'.
Might check in one last time quickly before I leave, but no promises.
I'm inclined to leave my vote as is. Even if she is neutral, I am not a huge fan of neutral characters because they can can either way, and it is usually their choice.
And even though my vote for Trem yesterday was RNG, little red flags are still up about how she reacted to that....just sayin'.
Might check in one last time quickly before I leave, but no promises.
In the show she was Jason's girlfriend until she got killed by Rene. Jason took her back after the Eddie thing.
She got killed by Rene in the book, too, but the whole kidnapping a vampire thing wasn't in the book.
The whole kidnapping thing is what would make her "morally ambiguous", I would think. If the Mods are going off of the books more than the show, then she may be a villager. 😕
Damn. I was about ready to vote to lynch.
In the show she was Jason's girlfriend until she got killed by Rene. Jason took her back after the Eddie thing.
She got killed by Rene in the book, too, but the whole kidnapping a vampire thing wasn't in the book.
Good to know.... Now is this game based more off the book or the show?
And... what do we do about this lynch? Do we trust that this is a neutral/chaotic role (a question that PJ still has not answered) and attempt to lynch a random person, potentially killing off someone with a valuable role?
Just checking in before the party.
I'm inclined to leave my vote as is. Even if she is neutral, I am not a huge fan of neutral characters because they can can either way, and it is usually their choice.
And even though my vote for Trem yesterday was RNG, little red flags are still up about how she reacted to that....just sayin'.
Might check in one last time quickly before I leave, but no promises.
Little red flags are now up for me about you too.
Good to know.... Now is this game based more off the book or the show?
And... what do we do about this lynch? Do we trust that this is a neutral/chaotic role (a question that PJ still has not answered) and attempt to lynch a random person, potentially killing off someone with a valuable role?
I'm a villager, I thought I already said that
Little red flags are now up for me about you too.
I am not the only one who was confused about how defensive you got.
I am not the only one who was confused about how defensive you got.
👍👍 much confusion was had by many.
Any other opinions about the lynch?
Anyone?
Anyone?
I am not the only one who was confused about how defensive you got.
👍
Lynch Trem
since I don't want to lynch myself, LOL
since I don't want to lynch myself, LOL
If there is a wolf in Hot Shot, we have the best chance of randomly picking one since two villagers are already dead from there, I was going to pick PJ even before DVMD's info but now that everything came out I am going with a guess
lynch wildcat
lynch wildcat
Look. I'm not trying to pick on Trem. But can anyone vouch for her? I can not based on the answer to my question, but neither can I condemn her.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Look. I'm not trying to pick on Trem. But can anyone vouch for her? I can not based on the answer to my question, but neither can I condemn her.
The only think that I can think of is that maybe Trem is connected to another player.
Considering what happened with devyn and Packen and after reading up on their roles via wiki and knowing about a few other roles in the game I could see there being other people that are connected in this game.
If one of them dies, so does the other. But that is the only thing that I can think of.
I am not the only one who was confused about how defensive you got.
I don't understand how you're hung up on this.
I bet you that if I did not say a peep, people would have bandwagoned on me because I was in the lead when I checked.
Poll:
If you discover that you are in the lead for lynch votes, do you:
A) Say nothing at all. Completely nothing. Silence. And pray that people don't bandwagon on you.
B) Give a bit of a defense. Try to convince others not to bandwagon on you, but not give out your role.
C) Go bat crap crazy and give out your role.
D) Try to change the lynch vote to someone else either by bandwagoning on someone random or RNG. With this early in the game, you'd likely have no leads.
Seriously folks... what would you do?
Apparently SnS wanted me to keep my mouth shut for some reason. Because she's still hung up on that, it makes her appear wolf-ish to me.
And if she thinks I'm that much of a threat, she should lynch me now. Yet, she's not.
I keep quiet until I see if everyone is going to bandwagon me or not. If you notice, I didn't flip out when I had one vote less than you. You had 2 whole votes and got really defensive. That sets off red flags to me.I don't understand how you're hung up on this.
I bet you that if I did not say a peep, people would have bandwagoned on me because I was in the lead when I checked.
Poll:
If you discover that you are in the lead for lynch votes, do you:
A) Say nothing at all. Completely nothing. Silence. And pray that people don't bandwagon on you.
B) Give a bit of a defense. Try to convince others not to bandwagon on you, but not give out your role.
C) Go bat crap crazy and give out your role.
D) Try to change the lynch vote to someone else either by bandwagoning on someone random or RNG. With this early in the game, you'd likely have no leads.
Seriously folks... what would you do?
Apparently SnS wanted me to keep my mouth shut for some reason. Because she's still hung up on that, it makes her appear wolf-ish to me.
And if she thinks I'm that much of a threat, she should lynch me now. Yet, she's not.
The only think that I can think of is that maybe Trem is connected to another player.
Considering what happened with devyn and Packen and after reading up on their roles via wiki and knowing about a few other roles in the game I could see there being other people that are connected in this game.
If one of them dies, so does the other. But that is the only thing that I can think of.
Mayor knows.
I am not comfortable confirming that based on common sense.
If I were connected to another player and that player dies when I die, why wouldn't the wolves kill me? They get at least two people for the price of one.
Ok... well.
This is the point where everyone goes quiet with there being 15 minutes remaining and then tries to argue out a lynch in the last 5 minutes...
I'm not staying until 5 minutes before the deadline.
I gave the information that I have, does anyone have any opinions on what we should do with this information? I am leaving again very shortly as the place that I need to go to closes in about an hour.
This is the point where everyone goes quiet with there being 15 minutes remaining and then tries to argue out a lynch in the last 5 minutes...
I'm not staying until 5 minutes before the deadline.
I gave the information that I have, does anyone have any opinions on what we should do with this information? I am leaving again very shortly as the place that I need to go to closes in about an hour.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 32K
- Replies
- 6K
- Views
- 192K