You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WW: Southern Vampires GAME THREAD
Started by fromthebox
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
That's why calculators were invented!
I must say there is a large contingent of mathematically-challenged vet students. It scares me sometimes.
When a prof starts using NUMBERS, there is a huge swelling of panic in the air.
I would much rather do calculus than push electrons in o-chem rxns again.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
unfortunately you usually have to know which numbers to plug into said calculator.That's why calculators were invented!
unfortunately you usually have to know which numbers to plug into said calculator.
I usually do! 😛
I'd much rather do either of those than memorize every freakin muscle insertion/attachment.I would much rather do calculus than push electrons in o-chem rxns again.
ksmi- I love your avatar! 😍
They should be together. I've never read the books so idk what actually happens, but this season of True Blood is pissing me off. 😡 😍 Eric.
unelect nordicat. Elect dyachei still one vote of difference I think, but I mentioned before something about the abney for mayor thing set off my spider sense. And I'm not being purposefully vague. Its just one of those things where i literally stopped at her post right when i read it and said "this doesnt feel right". Could just be indegestion too.
Mayor Vote:
Abney 10 (Abney, swingnsave, sheepdogpsu, DVMDream, wolfspeaker, WTF, ksmi117, krist, jdh71, hedgiehog)
dyachei 9 (dyachei, SOV, lissarae06, devyn, FFM, wildcatj, cuitlamiztli, SnS, DocE)
Packen 4 (Packen, Lupin21, nordicat, wldlfstdnt)
nohika 2 (nohika, Foxhunter)
devyn 1 (trematode)
Four votes remain uncast with 25 minutes left in the day... which way will it go?
Abney 10 (Abney, swingnsave, sheepdogpsu, DVMDream, wolfspeaker, WTF, ksmi117, krist, jdh71, hedgiehog)
dyachei 9 (dyachei, SOV, lissarae06, devyn, FFM, wildcatj, cuitlamiztli, SnS, DocE)
Packen 4 (Packen, Lupin21, nordicat, wldlfstdnt)
nohika 2 (nohika, Foxhunter)
devyn 1 (trematode)
Four votes remain uncast with 25 minutes left in the day... which way will it go?
I guess in my opinion, a wolf wanting to be mayor is kinda dumb. The Mayor is usually one of the first to be investigated.
unelect nordicat. Elect dyachei still one vote of difference I think, but I mentioned before something about the abney for mayor thing set off my spider sense. And I'm not being purposefully vague. Its just one of those things where i literally stopped at her post right when i read it and said "this doesnt feel right". Could just be indegestion too.
You have a terrible spidey sense then. I'm thinking it's the indigestion.
Five minutes remain...
elect abney
I'm honored to have gotten mayor votes, I've never been mayor!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm honored to have gotten mayor votes, I've never been mayor!
Me either! I'm more excited than I ought to be.
elect dyachei
If I get mayor this game I'm a gonna be p*ssed
why you no love me?
Mayor Vote:
Abney 11 (Abney, swingnsave, sheepdogpsu, DVMDream, wolfspeaker, WTF, ksmi117, krist, jdh71, hedgiehog, PJ)
dyachei 9 (dyachei, SOV, lissarae06, devyn, FFM, wildcatj, cuitlamiztli, SnS, DocE)
Packen 4 (Packen, Lupin21, nordicat, wldlfstdnt)
nohika 2 (nohika, Foxhunter)
devyn 1 (trematode)
Three votes remain uncast with 2 minutes left in the day... which way will it go?
Abney 11 (Abney, swingnsave, sheepdogpsu, DVMDream, wolfspeaker, WTF, ksmi117, krist, jdh71, hedgiehog, PJ)
dyachei 9 (dyachei, SOV, lissarae06, devyn, FFM, wildcatj, cuitlamiztli, SnS, DocE)
Packen 4 (Packen, Lupin21, nordicat, wldlfstdnt)
nohika 2 (nohika, Foxhunter)
devyn 1 (trematode)
Three votes remain uncast with 2 minutes left in the day... which way will it go?
I guess in my opinion, a wolf wanting to be mayor is kinda dumb. The Mayor is usually one of the first to be investigated.
Ya know, everyone always says this... but I'm not so sure it's true anymore.
Ya know, everyone always says this... but I'm not so sure it's true anymore.
It should be.
I guess in my opinion, a wolf wanting to be mayor is kinda dumb. The Mayor is usually one of the first to be investigated.
I completely agree normally. Thats basically my usual 2nd day commentary, to question anyone who tries to minimize their odds at mayorship for that reason.
But recent WW games have actually either given wolf mayors crazy powers, or had the mayor be somewhat protective in a way a wolf would do well in.
Its made the mayor vote, without knowing its relevance, a bit more confusing. People who seem super anxious for it now bother me as much as those who try to shy away from the spotlight.
Voting is closed.
I guess in my opinion, a wolf wanting to be mayor is kinda dumb. The Mayor is usually one of the first to be investigated.
You would think that. I have modded enough games to know that isn't always the case.
I will recuse myself from further comments though because I want to play nice with the future mayor Abney, lest she decide to do something mayoral to me. (mayors have quite a bit of power in TB. It may translate over to the mayor role here)
I will recuse myself from further comments though because I want to play nice with the future mayor Abney, lest she decide to do something mayoral to me. (mayors have quite a bit of power in TB. It may translate over to the mayor role here)
Do you mean sheriffs?
*******
Was in my first day of classes today....
I get home to find a death threat to join this WW.
Alas, I missed it. 🙁
********
Was in my first day of classes today....
I get home to find a death threat to join this WW.
Alas, I missed it. 🙁
********
This race took some interesting turns, let's re-cap! Early on it seemed dyachei and her backers would run away with it in a landslide election. But wait, Abney makes a late appeal to emotion to swing the tide over to herself! As the minutes count down, everyone wonders where those three players who didn't vote are. For goodness sake, they HAD 4 1/2 HOURS.
In all seriousness, here are our final numbers:
Abney 11 (Abney, swingnsave, sheepdogpsu, DVMDream, wolfspeaker, WTF, ksmi117, krist, jdh71, hedgiehog, PJ)
dyachei 9 (dyachei, SOV, lissarae06, devyn, FFM, wildcatj, cuitlamiztli, SnS, DocE)
Packen 4 (Packen, Lupin21, nordicat, wldlfstdnt)
nohika 2 (nohika, Foxhunter)
devyn 1 (trematode)
You have elected Abney as Mayor of Bon Temps.
Celebratory howls are heard throughout the night as the citizens of Bon Temps celebrate with their new mayor. But underneath the festivities, a dark current runs through the sticky heat of a summer night in the deep south.
It is now Night 1, get those PMs in! (Please send to both Philliab and myself.)
In all seriousness, here are our final numbers:
Abney 11 (Abney, swingnsave, sheepdogpsu, DVMDream, wolfspeaker, WTF, ksmi117, krist, jdh71, hedgiehog, PJ)
dyachei 9 (dyachei, SOV, lissarae06, devyn, FFM, wildcatj, cuitlamiztli, SnS, DocE)
Packen 4 (Packen, Lupin21, nordicat, wldlfstdnt)
nohika 2 (nohika, Foxhunter)
devyn 1 (trematode)
You have elected Abney as Mayor of Bon Temps.
Celebratory howls are heard throughout the night as the citizens of Bon Temps celebrate with their new mayor. But underneath the festivities, a dark current runs through the sticky heat of a summer night in the deep south.
It is now Night 1, get those PMs in! (Please send to both Philliab and myself.)
Any comment on mayoral abilities SGU vet student to be?
Do you mean sheriffs?
yea. was thinking of sheriffs. haha. I'm vaguely familiar with TB but im mostly using my GF to be my codex. I should have confirmed the terminology with her haha. 😳
Pending.Any comment on mayoral abilities SGU vet student to be?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yea. was thinking of sheriffs. haha. I'm vaguely familiar with TB but im mostly using my GF to be my codex. I should have confirmed the terminology with her haha. 😳
Haha ok. I was sitting here trying to think who the mayor was and I could only remember the really old guy that was Sookie's gran's friend. Then it dawned on me that you were probably talking about the vampire sheriffs.
For a female-dominated genre, this may be the most men EVER in a pre-vet WW game. 👍yea. was thinking of sheriffs. haha. I'm vaguely familiar with TB but im mostly using my GF to be my codex. I should have confirmed the terminology with her haha. 😳
my avatar is one my fav true blood people, please tell me she is still in the show!
Yep! Arlene is still on the show.my avatar is one my fav true blood people, please tell me she is still in the show!
Abney, Miss Mayor please report to the white courtesy telephone/check your PMs!
Breaking news: Mayoral powers revealed! Our Mayor has the ability to PM with one player each night. That player is not obligated to respond, but may send a response if warranted.
Breaking news: Mayoral powers revealed! Our Mayor has the ability to PM with one player each night. That player is not obligated to respond, but may send a response if warranted.
Only if the PM is dirty
Yay Abney! Aren't you glad you played now? 😛
Yay Abney! Aren't you glad you played now? 😛
Lol we'll see. I get really involved 😛
Breaking news: Mayoral powers revealed! Our Mayor has the ability to PM with one player each night. That player is not obligated to respond, but may send a response if warranted.
Pics or no response
And yay for Abney becoming mayor! 😀
Also, Mods: are we allowed to PM our groups in this game? I don't remember seeing it in the rules and considering we've had quite a few games without being able to PM, I just wanna clarify before I do anything stupidly wrong.
Also, Mods: are we allowed to PM our groups in this game? I don't remember seeing it in the rules and considering we've had quite a few games without being able to PM, I just wanna clarify before I do anything stupidly wrong.
And yay for Abney becoming mayor! 😀
Also, Mods: are we allowed to PM our groups in this game? I don't remember seeing it in the rules and considering we've had quite a few games without being able to PM, I just wanna clarify before I do anything stupidly wrong.
Agreed... I was just about to establish a group pm..... Lol
Checking in before I go to bed.... I am in pain, so going to go to bed early to hide from the pain..... I have been editing photos for the last couple hours and barely made a dent... still have 267 to go.. will have to wait till tomorrow.
I will check back in the morning...
I will check back in the morning...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Checking in before I go to bed.... I am in pain, so going to go to bed early to hide from the pain..... I have been editing photos for the last couple hours and barely made a dent... still have 267 to go.. will have to wait till tomorrow.
I will check back in the morning...
Devyn: I really really really hope you feel better soon and that this pain will go away.
So far . . .
Anti-climactic
I'll be lynching DocE soon. Hope he doesn't have a good role.
Anti-climactic
I'll be lynching DocE soon. Hope he doesn't have a good role.
obviously in joking reference to jdh
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 30K
- Replies
- 6K
- Views
- 186K
