WW The Hunger Games

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I doubt StormWater would kill off both of her group members. Now she doesn't have anyone to talk to anymore. What if the wolves do get to kill two people every night? Maybe they are trying to isolate as many people as possible, so that they don't have others to talk to..

Members don't see this ad.

Sry guys I was not myself there for a minute.

FArewell District 2 tributes :( Still trying to decide my position on this strange turn of events.

I think it's funny how we are upset that they got killed. In the actual story, we would be happy, but here we are working together.. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I just need to say I'm seriously distraught about TW's death :cry:
Not only did I lose a buddy, but we lost an awesome player. We're gonna hang your hides you big wolf jerks! :mad: :wtf:

I still don't think anyone sticks out and I hate the first few lynches, always so random... I'm holding off for now while I do some more of my FAFSA :bang:

At least one person is upset!!!!

Those wolves must of been intimidated by the last game.

Or else someone didn't want me to post as much :smuggrin:

I could always quote Shakespeare, perform some hs cheers, come up with some Indiana jones lines/jurassic park lines, possibilities are endless!!!

*********************** >^^< *******

I really need to get some work done on my FIFTEEN page epidemiology take home test that is due Tuesday. I used a random number generator to decide who to vote for. My vote is in no way informed so please don't think it is. I could be easily convinced to change my vote if anyone has a valid reason to.

lynch Kanariya

Crap&a1/2 I missed a lot! :mad: With the time difference and my dad flying into dublin this morning to visit me for a week - I have been busy and trying to check into the thread on the fly. Back at my computer for a few hours now, so time to start data collection.

This sucks that we already lost TW as she was such a good player last game. :( Boooo! Hmmm... 2 kills - I hope we don't have 2 packs like last game as that was really confusing. I also am not sure stormwater would kill off her district as that would make her a target and that would just be dumb. I am not sure who to maul right now - have to think on it, but the first maul is usually a shot in the dark and I hate that.

At least one person is upset!!!!

Those wolves must of been intimidated by the last game.

Or else someone didn't want me to post as much :smuggrin:

I could always quote Shakespeare, perform some hs cheers, come up with some Indiana jones lines/jurassic park lines, possibilities are endless!!!

*********************** >^^< *******

You will be missed, for your numerous posts, and help in outing wolves. RIP.

I feel bad for fromthebox too. It bites to be killed so quickly!

I really need to get some work done on my FIFTEEN page epidemiology take home test that is due Tuesday. I used a random number generator to decide who to vote for. My vote is in no way informed so please don't think it is. I could be easily convinced to change my vote if anyone has a valid reason to.

lynch Kanariya

Sorry for stealing your idea, but so did I. Lynch ky261682.

Ooh I like Lissa's idea of using a number generator for my vote for the first lynch, but I too will change my vote if someone has any good info/reasons!

Lynch squirrelsrule

Oob suruasaliaf. :( An explanation of my absence: 12 is logic but 13 is fact.

"Boo failasaurus"...but what did you mean by "12 is logic but 13 is fact"?

In summary... I was absent on the thread all yesterday bc I was baking my life away... && I ws not at liberty to divulge that information :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Who's a wolf? Just so we can vote for ya'll and not for a villager.

Oh crap. Does this mean we have to decipher clues too?

As for the Stormwater issue...I agree it's way too suspicious but it also serves as an excellent defense of oneself. "C'mon guys, why would I kill them both off on the first night?!" It would also serve to potentially "clear" her for the early part of the game. It's absolutely a risky move, but I wouldn't discount her entirely. I think I'll stick with my vote since people are just randomly choosing now. Stormwater is the only person I have any reason to question whatsoever at this point; one shred of doubt compared to zero for anyone else is still something.

As for the Stormwater issue...I agree it's way too suspicious but it also serves as an excellent defense of oneself. "C'mon guys, why would I kill them both off on the first night?!" It would also serve to potentially "clear" her for the early part of the game. It's absolutely a risky move, but I wouldn't discount her entirely. I think I'll stick with my vote since people are just randomly choosing now. Stormwater is the only person I have any reason to question whatsoever at this point; one shred of doubt compared to zero for anyone else is still something.

True. There are so many different ways to look at this. Stormwater is about the only one I'm suspicious of as well, but that's mostly because its the first lynch and no one else seems suspicious lol. Do we want to try and do the "who's been silent thing" again? I personally don't think it's always the best way to go, but it has worked in the past, and come sometimes be a good way of narrowing people down at least????

Random Generator seems like a good idea for me seeing as I am at a complete loss ...I'll change it later if anyone has any better ideas!:

Lynch PetPony

On a sidenote, this game is a fantastic distracting agent for my parasitology paper. The only thing i've done besides stalk this page is find this ridiculous lifecycle for D. dendriticum: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/captain_higgins :laugh:

First I want to say, I'm so sorry fromthebox and TigerWillow :( RIP

Okay, so this is what I think thus far. I am a newbie and my theories are little more than a shot in the dark, so take that as you will. But here goes:

Actually quite the opposite. No wolf would want to be mayor. They are usually the first people investigated. It is pretty much a death sentence. So wolves do not want to vote for other wolves.

On the other hand, people who do NOT want to be mayor, are immediately suspect!

SOV, in the beginning you said that no wolf would want to be mayor. I checked back through the posts, and as far as I found, the only people who said they explicitly did not want to be mayor were that redhead and PetPony.

Don't vote for me. I obviously sucked at it last time.. lol And I have three tests coming up, so I need to study lots and lots..

Of those two, PetPony posted this. It was kind of random, no one had even voted for her yet, and she also didn't vote for anyone as she said this. So it was kind of a random interjection on her part. I realize that she was mayor in the last game so maybe this was just a preemptive action.

And then today, after we find out about the killings:

I think it's funny how we are upset that they got killed. In the actual story, we would be happy, but here we are working together.. :D

Maybe she's just making light of the killings, but I found this statement suspicious. Let me know what you think. If others disagree with me, I will change my vote, but for now

lynch PetPony

Random Generator seems like a good idea for me seeing as I am at a complete loss ...I'll change it later if anyone has any better ideas!:

Lynch PetPony

On a sidenote, this game is a fantastic distracting agent for my parasitology paper. The only thing i've done besides stalk this page is find this ridiculous lifecycle for D. dendriticum: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/captain_higgins :laugh:

Sad.. but I can't really say anything against it as it is the same method I used..

I've seen that comic so many times and still have to laugh at the controlled ant picture! :laugh:

Lynch PetPony

Wow, teammate. Weird coincidence!

Sad.. but I can't really say anything against it as it is the same method I used..

I've seen that comic so many times and still have to laugh at the controlled ant picture! :laugh:

Sorry girl. No hard feelings!!

Of those two, PetPony posted this. It was kind of random, no one had even voted for her yet, and she also didn't vote for anyone as she said this. So it was kind of a random interjection on her part. I realize that she was mayor in the last game so maybe this was just a preemptive action.

And then today, after we find out about the killings:

Maybe she's just making light of the killings, but I found this statement suspicious. Let me know what you think. If others disagree with me, I will change my vote, but for now

lynch PetPony

I never actually said, don't vote for me. I just said I sucked last time, because a few villagers pretty much died because of me, because everyone would jump on the bandwagon. And there are several people that said they would be busy during this game. I have a history, chem and physics test next week and have a ton of studying to do for those.

And I only said the second things because I love the books and think the contrast is funny. In the book, you are supposed to kill everyone else, and here you're supposed to work together.

I'm also the one who suggested the idea of the wolves maybe trying to isolate people, so they don't have anyone to talk to and strategize with privately. But that suggestions is completely ignored by you. You only seem to try to highlight the bad things, not the help I'm trying to give.

And I only said the second things because I love the books and think the contrast is funny. In the book, you are supposed to kill everyone else, and here you're supposed to work together.

Yeah, I didn't find that to be suspicious. It was just a statement of fact. The goal in the book, from what I've gathered, is to be the last one standing.

No hard feelings PetPony! And yes, you did suggest that the wolves could be trying to isolate tributes, which is a very good idea. My thoughts were merely going along the same line of thinking as SOV's. Being busy (while understandable) is also a good excuse for not wanting to be mayor and for not helping out as much throughout the game so as to stay out of the limelight (remember LIS from the Disney game?). Like I said, my guess and "evidence" are little more than flimsy at best. I just put it out there to see what others think. I could easily change my vote still!

Yeah, I didn't find that to be suspicious. It was just a statement of fact. The goal in the book, from what I've gathered, is to be the last one standing.

Exactly. You're supposed to be the only survivor. That will give you money and extra food for your district.

(although my character cheated the system with Peeta :cool:)

Wow, teammate. Weird coincidence!

That was weird. Considering we haven't talked at all today and mine was a random name generator with no background information....

Her words about being a mayor kind of seem like a stretch to me as proof of her being a wolf....but who knows this early on in the game...

:bang: This is me trying to figure out the game this early.

:bang: This is me trying to figure out the game this early.

I'm not even trying that hard right now. There is no evidence really whatsoever (besides apparently against me :p), so not much to think about. My energy is going into figuring out rate of reactions and stuff like that.. lol

Official vote count:
Bandierose &#8211; 1 (DVMdream)
That Redhead &#8211; 1 (SOV)
StormWater &#8211; 1 (that redhead)
Kanariya &#8211; 1 (Lissarae)
Ky &#8211; 1 (petpony)
Squirrelsrule &#8211; 1 (krist)
Petpony &#8211; 2 (shortnsweet, kanderson)
Katie8 - 1 (squirrelsrule)

Exactly. You're supposed to be the only survivor. That will give you money and extra food for your district.

(although my character cheated the system with Peeta :cool:)
Wait a second... If a wolf is the only survivor in a district, maybe that gives the wolf something extra that would make it worthwhile to eliminate non-wolves in your district.

Hmm. Something to think about.

Wait a second... If a wolf is the only survivor in a district, maybe that gives the wolf something extra that would make it worthwhile to eliminate non-wolves in your district.

Hmm, that's a good idea! I would never have thought of that! Definitely going into my notes..

I doubt it. I can speak from personal experience from being a wolf, there is usually no reason right off the bat to eliminate your group mates. They are your connection to the non-wolf world and quite valuable if you play your cards right. Plus, there's usually something psychologically hindering you from killing off even "fake" teammates. Who knows though, if SW is a wolf, then maybe her group mates were already suspicious or these kills were to throw is off. IDK,

Anyway, I doubt the death of TW is a coincidence. It was either someone who thought they were threatened by her, or extremely annoyed with her. If we go with the former, then there is more than likely a veteran in the wolf pack. I want to disclaim that I am NOT JUMPING ON THE BANDWAGON. I made my decision after reading the results of night 1.

lynch PetPony

WWWWWHHHHHHYYYYYYY??????????????
Dang, DVMDream and I had finished clearing each other by pm and we were starting on fromthebox. All of that is now moot! No one to pm anymore, no one to watch my back!

What's with thatredhead, I can understand a suspicion, but those were pretty LONG posts with a lot of justifications based on nothing, kinda like they're trying to build a case to divert attention. As everyone else alway says, "I'm not a wolf!" and I know nothing about the deaths of my late teammates.

Anyway, that's all I have to say about that for now, obviously anything else I've got to say will be thru normal posts.

If all the land was paper and all of the water ink. What in the world would we have to drink ? :D

Dang, DVMDream and I had finished clearing each other by pm and we were starting on fromthebox. All of that is now moot! No one to pm anymore, no one to watch my back!

What's with thatredhead, I can understand a suspicion, but those were pretty LONG posts with a lot of justifications based on nothing, kinda like they're trying to build a case to divert attention. As everyone else alway says, "I'm not a wolf!" and I know nothing about the deaths of my late teammates.

Anyway, that's all I have to say about that for now, obviously anything else I've got to say will be thru normal posts.
Wait, why were you and DVMDream PMing each other? You aren't in the same district. Only wolves can PM outside their district as far as I know.

Wait a minute...how were you and DVMDream PMing each other if we are only allowed to PM within our districts? Forgive me if that's a total noob question. :confused:

Wait, why were you and DVMDream PMing each other? You aren't in the same district. Only wolves can PM outside their district as far as I know.

Wait a minute...how were you and DVMDream PMing each other if we are only allowed to PM within our districts? Forgive me if that's a total noob question. :confused:

oooooooo busted???!!?!?:idea::confused::confused:

It's not a noob question. I asked it at the same time you did. Great minds and all...

Explanation stormwater???
Wolf got your tongue??:smuggrin:

Gosh, I don't know if I should be saying this, but I want to help whoever has it now...
I have become aware of an item (found and lost). I had the bow and arrow last night. My only instructions were to "use it wisely". I thought maybe it was like a killer function? Any thoughts?

They are cheating and "I" am the one being lynched?!?