WWhere There's a WWhisk, There's a WWay! - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Allie, last night Trilt mentioned before she died that it was odd that you would choose to vote for FTB since she would likely be modkilled (I did not vote for her for this reason), can you explain why you did?
1) Regardless of how much FTB had been posting on the thread, it was the content of her posts that was making me think she was wolfy. It was not her inactivity. Fluff and not anything particularly helpful. As we see now, she was replaced by a sub and not actually mod killed. Until I see her replacement catch up and show me some villager behavior, I still have my eye on her. Having a sub due to inactivity in the game does not automatically make me any less suspicious.

2) I really had not been feeling the Mel or Snowy lynches yesterday. I posted earlier who I thought was suspicious, FTB included, with the above reasoning, which I had also posted yesterday. I'm going to vote for who I think is a wolf. I get that I voted late in the day but why would I vote for someone who I didn't think was a wolf? Especially late in the game where it was likely to create a tie? Then my vote would be scrutinized for being a late bandwagon, no thanks. I wasn't going to bring this up since Trilt was killed, but I'm not terribly concerned with her not liking my vote. I don't have to vote for the top 2, 3, 4, whatever lynch candidates if I don't personally feel at the time that they are wolfy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alright, finally got semi-caught up. Glad I decided to check email this morning.

lynch Capri.

She jumped on my sketch list for day 1 posts, starting with a weirdly specific justification for her first lynch and glomming other other's reasonings. Her Day 2 waffle away from Lawper didn't help. I think she posted better day 3, but I still have yet to see much original thought, so I'm worried about coaching.

Others in order of first roster, since that was how I was collecting notes
VMH: Assuming rezzed villager. Haven't seen odd posts since after rez, and I liked points before rez.
KL: Slight wolf/strong noob. Day 1 and 2 were fluff posts while holding onto other's justification. This is leaning more noob to me because I think a wolf would have been coached to post more.
StayPos: Don't have anything for you since after throwing shade on VMH's resurrection. Others have covered that point already.
AM: Literally nothing. Which, even given you're normally a quiet player, is really sad after 24+ pages of this game. You're on my ISO list.
Ski/kcough: Only thing I have is that I liked you pushing StayPos about throwing sketch on VA when they know each other IRL, so slight villager and add to ISO list. On a side note, I do NOT like lynching the hydra because it's a hydra - the extra player shouldn't be too confusing since only one person is posting.
Pippy: Some wolf feels because I feel she's been mentoring more than normal. I thought VMH's point day 1 was good (admittedly because I've been caught by it before), and I know Pippy has continued trying to seem helpful day 1.
Mix: Was sketch day 1 for unusual vote justification and tin foil theory hating, but nothing since then. ISO list.
Allieh: Didn't contribute enough the first day, but liked that you pushed Bryndi D2.
Cray: Was on my sketch list d1 for talking about the importance of d1 lynch votes and the ability to get wolves and then tunneling in on the hydra for zero strategy. You've moved off it for contributing more in later days, so I'm reading the first day as inactivity from traveling. More neutral.
Finnick: Second-strongest wolf read. It seems like you lurk most of the time, but are strongest when provoked.
LIS: Died vanillager, just rezzed, so OK.
Snowy: Only thing I have on you is that you didn't want to vote for bryndi when you thought she was sketch because she was your manatee. On the other hand, this really only paints you as sketch if both bryndi and you are wolves. I haven't seen where or why this push to lynch you has come from besides hedging, so will add you to the ISO list.
Stella: Feels like you've posted about as much as my predecessor, and I don't remember any strongly villager-y posts so far.
Sky: Moderate wolf. Odd amount of fluff posts day 1, and voted for KL after other people provided the reasons D2.
Bryndi: On sketch list for most of the same reasons as Finn. You're lower on the list because Finn has more experience to know why this strategy isn't a good idea.
Nohika: Feels like regular lurking. Neutral to villager.
CDO: Similar to Snowy, I'm not seeing the drive to lynch today. Add to ISO list.
VA: Very strongly villager for voting to lynch him/herself (opposite of the LIS rule, I know). I feel like a wolf pack would have coached VA on the basics, so s/he would know enough not to lynch him/herself

Let me know if I've missed someone or if you have specific questions. I'll return after I ISO some more people.
 
Of course they have.

Wolf leaning
Ski, AM, Bryn, Snowy, Stella, killer (weak)

Neutral
Crayola, StayingPositive, VA, Glam(FTB)

????
Sky, Capri, Allie, LIS

Village leaning
Vmh, Pippy, Nohika, mixedanimals, finnick
Actually, one more question before I go. What is the ???? category, and why are some people there? You have a neutral category already.
 
Actually, one more question before I go. What is the ???? category, and why are some people there? You have a neutral category already.
I just put them in a separate category because personally, I can’t get a read on them enough to justify them as neutral. Sorry, I have weird classification systems sometimes. 😳
 
D4 Procrastibaking Lynch Tally

cdo (3)
- pippy, kski, finn
snowy (1) - paws
finn (1) - AM
VAsp (1) - skye
capri (1) - glam

7/20

Deadline 10pm EST (~7.5 hours)

d96819093142d6483a6c73d4619fc9be.jpg
 
As the noob games have demonstrated, you can lead a noob to water but you can't make them drink.
I didn't read those games. Were those wolves coached?

I just put them in a separate category because personally, I can’t get a read on them enough to justify them as neutral. Sorry, I have weird classification systems sometimes. 😳
How do you justify someone as neutral? People's alignments should be villager or wolf (+/- chaos) - why not classify them as slight villager/wolf instead?
 
Let's get some **** straight:

1) I've never been talked about so much as after I died N1 this game;

2) I am not some sort of WW God. Quit acting like it;

3) I am not scary. Ask anyone who knows me in 'real life';

4) Mel isn't as smart as Mel thinks. He correctly observed that I give people a lot of leeway if they'll give good reads when they're under pressure, and that I have switched off of wolves when they've done it, and that he used that to get out of a vote from me. But the part he missed is that 1) I'm aware of it as a possibility, 2) I don't mind. My take on it is that if that's what it takes to get a wolf talking, great, they'll get squeezed later when they have to start explaining their reads/theories/comments. He missed that as often as not when I've moved away from a wolf, they've been caught later anyway, in part because they've had to become more vocal. I'm perfectly comfortable with the risk;

5) Me dying N1 doesn't lead to any definitive conclusions. Trilt would definitely kill me N1, so whomever said she wouldn't - that dog don't hunt. If Trilt thought it would give wolf-Trilt an advantage, she'd kill me. So would Pippy. So would just about anyone. So would a n00b wolf pack. Thinking too hard on it doesn't take you anywhere. I mean, hell, Dyachei killed me pretty early last game when she was a wolf.

Dammit, JDH's game dropped and now I need to go back and re-read crap here?

Grumble.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From ISOing Snowy - The hedging is worse than I realized when reading the thread the first time. With that being said, Snow continuing the same tone through lynch defense + accidentally putting him/herself in the lead (mostly the last one) has me putting them at cautious villager. I have other fish I want to fry today.
 
1) Regardless of how much FTB had been posting on the thread, it was the content of her posts that was making me think she was wolfy. It was not her inactivity. Fluff and not anything particularly helpful. As we see now, she was replaced by a sub and not actually mod killed. Until I see her replacement catch up and show me some villager behavior, I still have my eye on her. Having a sub due to inactivity in the game does not automatically make me any less suspicious.
The nice thing about this swap is that I think I have a 100% accuracy rate on the player formerly known as Zensing, whereas the only other time I played with FTB I was 100% wrong.
 
This is weird. I'm the second rez in the game, so you should at least be wondering "WTF?"

I'm back as vanilla villager (new role, same non-role-ability - our first rez can probably confirm that's what happened too), but you should at least have some healthy skepticism.
Really? I thought two rezzes was pretty common. There's been a lot of discussion about getting a rez in early, and about you being a scary wolf-hunting player, so I was not suprised you were a res target (I was surprised by VMH, though).

I'll start being more skeptical when/if the third one lands.
 
Looking over Snowy did remind me of a couple of points

@StayingPositive2017 - why did Snowy re-lynching for self-preservation seem like a not-villagery action?

@vetmedhead - On day 1, you said that Skye was posting more fluff than usual. Since I can't make meta judgements about them, what do you think about their posting style now?
 
###lynch LIS###

because even if he is "only" the second rez, it does raise the question of if he really came back all innocent and everything. For those of you that have played lots and lots, how often does the 2nd rez come back flipped from initial alliance? I will admit that I know that oftentimes a rez will come back "flipped"..but I honestly don't remember if it is the 2nd, (or 3rd, or 5th) rez in the game.
 
###lynch LIS###

because even if he is "only" the second rez, it does raise the question of if he really came back all innocent and everything. For those of you that have played lots and lots, how often does the 2nd rez come back flipped from initial alliance? I will admit that I know that oftentimes a rez will come back "flipped"..but I honestly don't remember if it is the 2nd, (or 3rd, or 5th) rez in the game.

That's brilliant. Not one original wolf has been lynched and you want to start going after the rezzes? Riggggght.

I said people should have healthy skepticism. Not go breaking eggs that aren't warranted. You're just being silly.
 
For now,

lynch AM

Meta is way too off.


(@DVMDream )

How so? I though so D1, but when I iso'd her posts she didn't seem any different. According to mel's theory, if I'm village then AM's a wolf and since I know I'm village I'm interested in why she's sketch. (I know mel's theories are sometimes crazy but I feel he can usually read AM well enough).
 
Lynch Mixy

I said before that both mixy and mel are not wolves, but were top of my suspicions. Since Mel was village, I'm thinking mixy is a wolf.
 
###lynch LIS###

because even if he is "only" the second rez, it does raise the question of if he really came back all innocent and everything. For those of you that have played lots and lots, how often does the 2nd rez come back flipped from initial alliance? I will admit that I know that oftentimes a rez will come back "flipped"..but I honestly don't remember if it is the 2nd, (or 3rd, or 5th) rez in the game.

😱 Oh dear... a game that gets up to five rezzes would be so trippy (annoying? last forever?)
 
How so? I though so D1, but when I iso'd her posts she didn't seem any different. According to mel's theory, if I'm village then AM's a wolf and since I know I'm village I'm interested in why she's sketch. (I know mel's theories are sometimes crazy but I feel he can usually read AM well enough).

Last few games with AM in my recollection AM has been much more active and aggressive. Suddenly this game is quiet and playing an under-the-radar style of play. It's an abrupt change.

That said, I've only skimmed the thread since dying N1, so if AM picked up her game I might have missed it. I don't have time right now to really re-read people. Hopefully will get to it in the next day or so.

I dunno how well Mel reads AM.

I'm also not terribly up to speed on everyone's reads right now, other than whoever it was that I replied to that seemed to be giving me a free pass. ETA: That was Glammyre.
 
That's brilliant. Not one original wolf has been lynched and you want to start going after the rezzes? Riggggght.

I said people should have healthy skepticism. Not go breaking eggs that aren't warranted. You're just being silly.

well crap. it seemed like a good idea. it would seem to have a higher than the usual probability of 50% of netting a wolf...but I do see what you are saying.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AM, when I was talking about the "pack leader" idea, I meant that killer seemed to be the one putting on votes after a target had been determined, not the one determining the target themselves. As such, I didn't think they actually had a huge impact when 20+ villagers were around, so I thought putting pressure on Mel would be a more useful use of my lynch vote. If Mel had been a wolf, it may have impacted the wolves more by taking out a veteran. Since he wasn't, that still answers some questions. Taking out killer (who I still think is a wolf), wouldn't have answered any questions. The lynch vote was more about having to vote early and garnering information rather than taking out a wolf.

I'm confused. Are you talking about killer not leading any votes?

I had been getting a village-ish vibe from Finn, so I'm curious about what the suspicions were beyond just low activity.

That said, I felt like it was a little weird how she pushed for Mel last night, then backed off a bit as he was getting lynched but didn't fully back off. That does smack more of wolfy Finn in my mind.

He didn't say a specific reason, but he mentioned that he definitely would be voting there soon.
 
Obviously I don't know the complete conversations you had with Mel, but he implied to me that he expressed concerns about both Finn and Snowy to you, and you questioned the Snowy suspicions. With Trout coming up village too, and them both thinking Snowy, can you explain why you feel Finn is a better lynch today than Snowy?

Edit: adding Trilt's quote

I feel like Snowy's reads have progressed naturally and don't seem like a forced switch (like when I caught her in the Sega game). Not sure why she thought my quotes were suspecting Mel considering I wasn't voting that way.

finn is more of a blind read. She's very consistent in tone whatever affiliation she is. I've been confused by her focus on him though.
 
Of course they have.

Wolf leaning
Ski, AM, Bryn, Snowy, Stella, killer (weak)

Neutral
Crayola, StayingPositive, VA, Glam(FTB)

????
Sky, Capri, Allie, LIS

Village leaning
Vmh, Pippy, Nohika, mixedanimals, finnick
I would love to hear more about your thoughts on ski, especially since you have her at a wolf lean
I'm back as vanilla villager (new role, same non-role-ability - our first rez can probably confirm that's what happened too), but you should at least have some healthy skepticism.
Can confirm
Looking over Snowy did remind me of a couple of points

@StayingPositive2017 - why did Snowy re-lynching for self-preservation seem like a not-villagery action?

@vetmedhead - On day 1, you said that Skye was posting more fluff than usual. Since I can't make meta judgements about them, what do you think about their posting style now?
I think sky's only other game was the noob game - me calling out for fluff posting was because almost every post D1 was a fluff post about traveling and I didn't remember them fluffing nearly as much in the noob game so it felt off to me. After a quick iso just now, the fluff posting has improved somewhat but all of the strategy posts seem to have shifted a bit to a somewhat heavy focus on less present players or players with super nooby play (mainly stella & asparagus). Not sure what to make of that
 
I would love to hear more about your thoughts on ski, especially since you have her at a wolf lean

Can confirm

I think sky's only other game was the noob game - me calling out for fluff posting was because almost every post D1 was a fluff post about traveling and I didn't remember them fluffing nearly as much in the noob game so it felt off to me. After a quick iso just now, the fluff posting has improved somewhat but all of the strategy posts seem to have shifted a bit to a somewhat heavy focus on less present players or players with super nooby play (mainly stella & asparagus). Not sure what to make of that

ok, fine.

###unlynch LIS###
 
1) Regardless of how much FTB had been posting on the thread, it was the content of her posts that was making me think she was wolfy. It was not her inactivity. Fluff and not anything particularly helpful. As we see now, she was replaced by a sub and not actually mod killed. Until I see her replacement catch up and show me some villager behavior, I still have my eye on her. Having a sub due to inactivity in the game does not automatically make me any less suspicious.

2) I really had not been feeling the Mel or Snowy lynches yesterday. I posted earlier who I thought was suspicious, FTB included, with the above reasoning, which I had also posted yesterday. I'm going to vote for who I think is a wolf. I get that I voted late in the day but why would I vote for someone who I didn't think was a wolf? Especially late in the game where it was likely to create a tie? Then my vote would be scrutinized for being a late bandwagon, no thanks. I wasn't going to bring this up since Trilt was killed, but I'm not terribly concerned with her not liking my vote. I don't have to vote for the top 2, 3, 4, whatever lynch candidates if I don't personally feel at the time that they are wolfy.
The one thing that's nagging me a little bit about this is that if you felt FTB was that strongly wolf, why are you waiting to drop a lynch vote? It's not like affiliation would have changed, so I'm a little confused about how you would say something like "I'm going to vote for who I think is a wolf"...and then today be posting about it but not voting. What's the hesitation?
 
Thank goodness we've got this ironclad proof now

(I'm kidding, I'm kidding)
Don't worry, I'm super good at reading myself so if you ever want to know my reads on me all you have to do is ask. 😉 This LIS fellow is probably good at reading himself too. You can't play WW if you're not 100% honest and trustworthy you know
 
Yeah, I figured sharing my thoughts but not waffling was going to make me look bad if he ended up flipping villager... but it's not like you can take it back after you post it.

When I posted the first thing, I hadn't looked at how close the lynch was. Had just finished catching up on posts and hadn't really looked at the tally. Mind you I knew snowy was a candidate but didn't know it was 5 votes to 6 votes.

I meant what I said. It did give me pause for him to throw out that comment he did at 11:15ish because it didn't make sense as a wolf move. But by the time I was seeing it, it was 5 minutes to lynch close. It's a little like when people throw out role reveals in the last few minutes of lynch, there's not a whole lot of time to think about what to do. My options were to lynch Snowy or lynch Mel at that point. No way was I going to make a tie by moving my vote anywhere else. I decided to go with my gut after seeing how close the vote was because up until that point in the lynch, I was feeling pretty strongly that Mel was a wolf for reasons that I discussed over the past few cycles.

I'm going to make another post with my thoughts as of right now. Just wanted to address this first.
Hmm ok.

You realize why that sends up flags for me, though, right? I've seen you push villager lynches as a wolf and then be like "oh no, they will be lynched, alas it is too late to save them". You and genny just did something kinda similar to me in that speed game.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pippy: Some wolf feels because I feel she's been mentoring more than normal. I thought VMH's point day 1 was good (admittedly because I've been caught by it before), and I know Pippy has continued trying to seem helpful day 1.
Just wanted to address this real quick:

You remember who caught you with this before, right?

Just checking.
 
Last edited:
Hmm ok.

You realize why that sends up flags for me, though, right? I've seen you push villager lynches as a wolf and then be like "oh no, they will be lynched, alas it is too late to save them". You and genny just did something kinda similar to me in that speed game.

Yeah, I realize where the flags are coming from. Like I said, I was kind of expecting it once I saw how the lynch turned out.

A bit of an aside, I actually don't remember what I did in in the speed game that was similar to this but I do recall that when you were lynched (you were the last one, yes?) it was a bit of different scenario in that I was at a point where I knew our team only need one mislynch and one successful kill to win, so I really didn't give a crap if I looked sketchy after your lynch because it was hopefully not going to matter.
 
A bit of an aside, I actually don't remember what I did in in the speed game that was similar to this but I do recall that when you were lynched (you were the last one, yes?) it was a bit of different scenario in that I was at a point where I knew our team only need one mislynch and one successful kill to win, so I really didn't give a crap if I looked sketchy after your lynch because it was hopefully not going to matter.
Yeah, I know it was end game. That's why I said it was "kinda similar", not "the same exact thing" 😛

But I remember having this feeling of you guys both going "oh noes, poor pippy who is about to be lynched", and this just gave me a kinda similar vibe.

Like I said, I've had you mostly at a mild village lean so far -- this one thing made me a little uncomfortable though.