WWhere There's a WWhisk, There's a WWay! - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm turning in for the night and am still getting a feel for other folks. I don't feel quite justified in making a vote of any consequence. It's actually causing quite a bit of inner turmoil that I'm so useless to the village, so...

Lynch VicariousAsparagus

If that's not allowed, I would like to secondarily Lynch Pippy, since she should be safe. If that somehow brings her from 0 votes to the 4 required for death, then it is obviously the divine will and may God have mercy on her soul.
Killer has mostly been bandwagoning, was latched onto lawper, and hasn't deviated much. I also buy lawper's analysis of them.

As far as not lynching them just yet, as near as I can tell they don't coordinate wolf strategy: they just function as an extra bandwagon vote (I don't mean to disparage you, Killer!). While they're present, the 3 post a day rule forces them to give off things that function (for me) as known quantities for reading other players. Kill them off, and I lose a predicting variable, while gaining nothing. Their one lynch vote isn't likely to be critical when 20+ players are still alive.

Additionally, the fact that I'm unlikely to post the rest of the day plays a role (and if I do, it'll be in the company of 2 of Karabou's and mine college friends--you ain't seen crazy yet). If killer is as easy of a read and a lynch as I think, the best case scenario is my vote functions as a useless overkill vote to an established majority. Worst case, I lose my easy read.

I don't think there's much to gain by taking a sure shot this early in the game.

This is so irritating especially if you could vote killer who you "know" is a wolf and they weren't on the block. I know this is your first game, and finding wolves is hard. SO go with a wolf when you think you have one.


Okay but like I still don’t get why 1. You’re so sure killer is a wolf and 2. Why you wouldn’t lynch her today if you’re so sure. A wolf is a wolf. If you’re so positive that she’s a wolf why would you vote elsewhere on someone you just think maybe is one but you’re not “basically certain” about
exactly

The casual mention of a D1 spreadsheet - I know many of you keep notes and such, but it just feels too much like "look what a helpful villager I am." I've seen a wolf give us vote tally lists. When you have something to give village, do it, fine. But the and some other stuff isn't ringing true for me. Not just tunneling, I'm just calling them as I read the posts.
I agree with this, especially after Fern created her d1 or d2 spreadsheet for MI game and it gave her soooo muc vill cred... just like she thought it would. That being said, wow, that's a lot of work as a wolf lol.
 
D3 All you Knead Lynch Tally

Paws (1) - Cray
Snowy (5) - Trilt, capri, vmh, mel, paws
Cray ()
Mel (5) - VAsp, finn, kski, nohi, snowy
capri (1) - stella
skye (1) - AM
VAsp (2) - KL, Skye
bryndy (1) - cdo
cdo (1) - Pippy
mixy ()

😏 :heckyeah: A tie! :heckyeah: 😏

Missing: mixy, allie, bryndy, FTB

17/21

Deadline 12am EST (~1.5 hours)

2ae7f1264ad5752dfd18c52d4bd1e687.jpg
 
Still seem village?

Lynch Snowy

Um why would self-preservation tell you anything? Only vmh will let herself get lynched if she doesn't think the other person is a wolf (and that was in one game). I know I'm village and I don't know if mel is for sure. Why would I let myself die? 😵
 
Unlynch cdo
Lynch Mel


More sketch points for Mel than snowy overall and I'd prefer to not go to bed with a tie
Thank you for proving my point. Besides the comment about how I set up mislynches as a wolf that snowy and meats made, nobody actually seems to have a reason to lynch me besides sketch points.

Trilt and I have given you actual reasons why snowy should be lynched.

ETA: Ninja'd by trilt
 
Can you elaborate on your sketch points?
Thought I gave you some in PM?
But if not... Here you go (I'm in bed with the light off & on my phone so I'm doing this from memory):
- early D1 jump onto paws reasoning
- weird pushing of Finn, who I have at a slight village lean
- couple posts I called out; e.g. unsubstantiated "theory" posts with no actual theories
- drunk me did not like his excessive use of caps lock lol

There may have been a few more but that's more than I have for snowy rn
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thought I gave you some in PM?
But if not... Here you go (I'm in bed with the light off & on my phone so I'm doing this from memory):
- early D1 jump onto paws reasoning
- weird pushing of Finn, who I have at a slight village lean
- couple posts I called out; e.g. unsubstantiated "theory" posts with no actual theories
- drunk me did not like his excessive use of caps lock lol

There may have been a few more but that's more than I have for snowy rn
OK trying to catch up on thread.
Mel has mentioned previously that he has a background theory he is working on in PM. Have him at village lean currently. It would seem he is working through that rather than just waffling.
 
Thank you for proving my point. Besides the comment about how I set up mislynches as a wolf that snowy and meats made, nobody actually seems to have a reason to lynch me besides sketch points.

Trilt and I have given you actual reasons why snowy should be lynched.

ETA: Ninja'd by trilt
Dude, I just gave a list of points that is more concrete than either of the things I've seen from you OR trilt for snowy.
 
You want to explain to me why you're suddenly so concerned about me breaking a tie in the direction of someone who I have consistently said I feel is mild wolf?
I'm not concerned, I just wanted the actual justification instead of wishy washiness. That shouldn't be bizarre.

When I eventually decide you're sketchy, it gives me fodder to make some sort of crazy theory up. 😉
 
yes please with your two games under your belt, tell me when an appropriate time to self-preservate is.
Yo, this was super rude. Also trying to use another player's lack of experience as reasoning for why their suspicions/questions are bunk is a move I've seen wolves pull all the time to cow more inexperienced players into not coming after them with more force. I don't like this post at all.
This is what I meant... It seems like he's been doing a lot of this this game.





And these are the AM quotes I remembered.

Maybe I'm just bitter and tunnelling because mel called something I said a blatant wolf tell and voted me but then changed his vote when no one else was voting me yesterday, which is like a repeat of what he did in the MI game.
Except for your and Meats point that I cultivate mislynches as a wolf, I haven't heard any good case. And here's the thing thats also what wolf-hunting looks like.
I think I need to clarify a bit here that it's not having suspicions in general that bothers me. When I say suspicion farming what I mean is drumming up or emphasizing relatively minor things about a player's role or play style so they seem like a big enough deal that you can get them lynched on it later. You did it to lyra in the MI game.
 
Explain to me what these actual reasons are

Because earlier today you said you had the same thing for Capri but I have yet to see any actual evidence from you for either one

Blatant wolf tell. Wolves don't need to read post's like Egg's because they already know alignments (barring 3rd parties). Saying you don't want to read and actually look at a piece of analysis because its long is a great excuse for not acknowledging it.

That being said, upon closer look, there are a ridiculous amount of inconsistencies in Egg's reads list where she calls certain people wolfy or pings them but doesn't ping others for similar behavior. This makes me think the list is manufactured.


You called out VMH for hyperfocus on teaching and yet this:


Is this list of arbitrary things you keep giving me sketch points written down somewhere, it sounds like it'd be an entertaining read haha.

People thinking I've been ghosting: bugger off. I knew I'd be busy with my brother's birthday today (even mentioned it to Dubz in an unrelated PM) so I got my thoughts out this morning.

Edit: Fixing quoting issues.

Yeah I kinda like a snowy lynch after some ISO.

100% hedge

Throwaway, then no further pushing.

This caught my eye that day because it's... not necessarily the type of thing I think of a vanilla Snowy doing. Could be wrong, sure, but it pinged a little note in my head to consider her as wolf or PR. I'm suspicious that this game is very vanilla (as explained above), so it nudges a bit wolfy now that I'm tunneling. 😛


Wonder how many hedge gifs are out there?

247YGT8.gif



Pushed a little, so mild points here. But I'm feeling Crayola as village leaning at this point (would be surprised at the LIS kill considering for once he was reading her villa) so, ehh....

Can you explain your nohika village lean? And precisely what pushed you to Mixy?


Pocket hedge?

Dogs-explode-bushes-hedge-jump.gif



full.gif


Hedge and a bandwagon vote...

Lynch Snowy

Still not convinced on AM though. I've recently loved her playing because it's more aggressive and dgaf. I admit to not really reading Michigan game so maybe it's backed off, but there has been a whole lot of passivity so far.

OK trying to catch up on thread.
Mel has mentioned previously that he has a background theory he is working on in PM. Have him at village lean currently. It would seem he is working through that rather than just waffling.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Stella may be where I place my vote at this point, she participates, but hardly contributes anything of use and has only given any thoughts on one person.
VA either reads really nooby village or really nooby wolf, I'm having a hard time choosing but I'm leading towards the latter because he has not come up with thoughts on anyone other that KL and Mel.
FTB has hardly participated at all, so I'm not going to waste a vote on someone who will likely be modkilled.

Allie is chucking a vote to someone not on the table and at significant risk of being mod killed while there is nearly a tie. It reeks of someone not wanting to commit.
Thank you for explaining, I was just about to ask the same thing.

Edit: to add a missed word
 
I don't feel super strongly one way or another for the snowy or mel debacle. For that reason I'm not voting for mel as it'd just be piling on since the tie is broke and since I don't feel strongly about snowy I won't be making this a tie and risk losing 2 villagers. I think a vote on ftb or Stella would be a waste as they'll pry be mod killed soon for not meeting requirements. I will be voting for cdo though because their specific situation that not only raised flags for me (yes sketch flags since apparently there are different types) but for others as well says wolf to me. Her well thought out sketch list seems too deliberate to me like a wolf trying to make a sketch list. So for those reasons
###lynch cdo###
 
Unofficial D3 All you Knead Lynch Tally

Paws (1) - Cray
Snowy (5) - Trilt, capri, vmh, mel, paws
Cray ()
Mel (6) - VAsp, finn, kski, nohi, snowy, Pippy
capri (1) - stella
skye (1) - AM
VAsp (2) - KL, Skye
bryndy (1) - cdo
cdo (1) - Mixy
mixy () -
FTB (1) - allie

Missing: bryndy, FTB

19/21

Deadline 12am EST (15 minutes)

2ae7f1264ad5752dfd18c52d4bd1e687.jpg
 
Last thing:
I would like to point out that once again @finnickthedog has not done ****-all beyond defending herself and peacing out.

Okay, this is some BS. I've defended myself but I've also justified why my lynch vote is where it is and offered my other thoughts.

As for "peacing out", sorry I don't sit around on the thread all day. I have other things to do. I've been checking semi-regularly and contributing when I have things to contribute. I didn't just call you out I also expressed that I had questions about Egg (and before you call that parroting I was one of the first people to note that I thought her reads list seemed like it might be excessive for her). I haven't made many comments outside of that, but generally speaking if someone has already said something I think then I'm not going to bother repeating (and I'm sure if I did you jump down my throat about it anyways). I do not have a lot of original thoughts early in the game, but I rarely ever do. Frankly this game has seen more activity from me than is usual so I don't know wtf you're complaining about.