WWhere There's a WWhisk, There's a WWay! - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wanted to address this real quick:

You remember who caught you with this before, right?

Just checking.
I get your point but will add that just because you catch something wolfy someone else did doesn't mean that you yourself would never do those same things as a wolf. I think many here would agree that the wolf tells they are best at picking up on are the ones they themselves do/have done.
 
@Glammyre - Zenny 😍
O9k8a.gif

?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lynch AM

Her play is really off from her standard in my opinion and the comment she made about not liking the mel lynch right before the end of the Mel lynch gave me a little ping on the radar
 
Skipping CDO and StayPos on the ISO analysis because I still have the outstanding question for her.

AM: Well, now I understand why I had nothing on her. She ducks in to ask a question, then asks another a little while later. Her post today had more content (where she was questioned about Snowy), but before today, she was either questioning a lynch front-runner or voicing suspicions on a quiet player.

@Animal Midwife, what are your current thoughts on nohika? You pushed for more from her day 1 and day 2, and it didn't look to me like she answered your questions. Additionally, any wolfy reads among the more active players?

EDIT to make clear I currently lean wolf on AM
 
Looking over Snowy did remind me of a couple of points

@StayingPositive2017 - why did Snowy re-lynching for self-preservation seem like a not-villagery action?

@vetmedhead - On day 1, you said that Skye was posting more fluff than usual. Since I can't make meta judgements about them, what do you think about their posting style now?
The comment was directed at Pippy, who said that when snowy lynched herself into a tie/into the lead (?), that seemed like a village move. I was just saying that Snowy didn't realize she was doing that, so it wasn't necessarily a "village" move.
 
I would love to hear more about your thoughts on ski, especially since you have her at a wolf lean
Yeah I think ski's not herself. She's very defensive of Finnick and, to me, she's playing like her wolf self. I know that she's hydra-ing with KC, but she's just a little different.

@cdoconn do you think you might feel like defending a little today, or nah
oh yeah sure, do you want me to make a post where I detail how I feel about every player? Or how about I make one with a series of quotes that I found important? OR I could make ANOTHER post about how I feel about the current standings? Any of these sound good to you??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I think ski's not herself. She's very defensive of Finnick and, to me, she's playing like her wolf self. I know that she's hydra-ing with KC, but she's just a little different.

I just don't know on Ski. I keep trying to figure out a scenario in which her odd behavior would be wolfy and I'm not seeing it. Do you have thoughts on why this would be specifically wolfy as opposed to just strange?

Also, even though you've now changed to just saying that Ski is not her "villager self" why did you initially say she was playing like her wolf self? I looked back at that speed game and I'm not seeing it, so I'm unsure of where you were coming from with that.
 
I will say, the fact that Mel is still pushing me at 45 minutes to lynch is giving me pause. Because if he is a wolf, he knows that's probably going to be disregarded and I'm nowhere near getting lynched so what would be the point?

Then again, with the lynch as close as it is, him getting lynched isn't a certainty so I guess it's not altogether pointless. Would be a stronger village argument if he was substantially in the lead.
I don't like how these were said so close to lynch close. To me these read sketch and wolf gloating that they got off and the one person super pressuring them is going to be dead.

Lynch Mixy

I said before that both mixy and mel are not wolves, but were top of my suspicions. Since Mel was village, I'm thinking mixy is a wolf.
If you weren't going to lynch me who would be your next candidate? I know this doesn't mean much but I'm vanillager just like Mel.

@bryndiana.jones and @MixedAnimals77

This is at least the second day you've held back your votes until late -- what's up with that
Honestly 2 days ago I didn't lynch til late (1.5 hours before close) because of IRL stuff. Last night I was waiting to see what was going to play out. There were still people that could've voted and made it a Snowy/Mel tie and although I love ties I wasn't going to let this one end in a tie and possibly lose 2 villagers.
ETA: my computer didn't finish my sentence
 
Skipping CDO and StayPos on the ISO analysis because I still have the outstanding question for her.

AM: Well, now I understand why I had nothing on her. She ducks in to ask a question, then asks another a little while later. Her post today had more content (where she was questioned about Snowy), but before today, she was either questioning a lynch front-runner or voicing suspicions on a quiet player.

@Animal Midwife, what are your current thoughts on nohika? You pushed for more from her day 1 and day 2, and it didn't look to me like she answered your questions. Additionally, any wolfy reads among the more active players?

EDIT to make clear I currently lean wolf on AM

I'm still interested in hearing why nokia voted for Mel repeatedly up until yesterday. If VA is considered among more active, I'm still trying to figure out what "pack leader" meant. Starting to get really frustrated with Skye's low content.
 
Honestly 2 days ago I didn't lynch til late (1.5 hours before close) because of IRL stuff. Last night I was waiting to see what was going to play out. There were still people that could've voted and made it a Snowy/Mel tie and although I love ties I wasn't going to let this one end in a tie and possibly lose 2 villagers.
Why could you have not voted for someone and then changed your vote to break the tie later if that was still the scenario?
 
I don't like how these were said so close to lynch close. To me these read sketch and wolf gloating that they got off and the one person super pressuring them is going to be dead.

You can see my responses to Pippy in regards to why those posts were made and what I was thinking at the time. I acknowledge they look sketchy, but explaining where I was coming from is the best I can do. Take it or leave it.
 
The one thing that's nagging me a little bit about this is that if you felt FTB was that strongly wolf, why are you waiting to drop a lynch vote? It's not like affiliation would have changed, so I'm a little confused about how you would say something like "I'm going to vote for who I think is a wolf"...and then today be posting about it but not voting. What's the hesitation?
ok

lynch glammyre

happy?
For one, let's not go putting words in my mouth, I never thought "strongly" about FTB being a wolf, but I did have suspicions. I won't get into the irl stuff from today that kept me from reading the thread and following it during the day, but on my lunch break I had seen that someone quoted a post of mine and was questioning me so I answered. Getting caught up now.
 
You dishonour the poor dude with a broken gif.

Tssk tssk.


Contingency lynch Snowy
So this is interesting considering Trilt died.
Current feels: cdo, snowy, finn or AM to lynch.
Cdo for reasons cited in lynch yesterday. Snowy because Trilt died, this seems to happen sometimes in these games when people put in contingency lynches people get killed because they're getting ready to lead a lynch. Not saying this is what happened, but is suspect. Also still not satisfied with AM's play. They keep asking for the same people, but when other's ask for opinions on others they don't respond very much. They were still waiting for Nohkia to respond, but never asked a pointed question only that they wanted to hear more and then said they were still waiting on Nohkia. Finn I didn't like those 2 posts close to lynch close. I will be going back and evaluate Snowy and Finn before I place a lynch but will be placing it at one of the above 4 options.
Also VA is weird, not sure on that there yet...chaos maybe? Trying to get themselves lynched? Killer is also on my list, just fyi LIS would rather stay dead than be brought back as a convert at least from what I've gathered.
Just was able to skim thread so far today so will be going back and rereading, but those are my brief current thoughts. (Just saw your post @finnickthedog )
 
So this is interesting considering Trilt died.
Current feels: cdo, snowy, finn or AM to lynch.
Cdo for reasons cited in lynch yesterday. Snowy because Trilt died, this seems to happen sometimes in these games when people put in contingency lynches people get killed because they're getting ready to lead a lynch.
Another option is the wolves setting snowy up for a lynch.
Don’t get me wrong, my other half and I do think snowy is sketchy and would like to see how she flips because it could give some good info, but just throwing it out there that that IS another possible option for why trilt died, but we obviously won’t know until snowy is dead.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The comment was directed at Pippy, who said that when snowy lynched herself into a tie/into the lead (?), that seemed like a village move. I was just saying that Snowy didn't realize she was doing that, so it wasn't necessarily a "village" move.
Point being that, if Snowy was a wolf, she would likely be aware of the current lynch tally. The fact that she did not know helps lean her to villager, in my mind.

Yeah I think ski's not herself. She's very defensive of Finnick and, to me, she's playing like her wolf self. I know that she's hydra-ing with KC, but she's just a little different.

oh yeah sure, do you want me to make a post where I detail how I feel about every player? Or how about I make one with a series of quotes that I found important? OR I could make ANOTHER post about how I feel about the current standings? Any of these sound good to you??
Since when has posting reads from two days ago worked as a defense? You're being accused today, so participate today. Posts like this make me feel happier about you getting lynched.
 
Honestly 2 days ago I didn't lynch til late (1.5 hours before close) because of IRL stuff. Last night I was waiting to see what was going to play out. There were still people that could've voted and made it a Snowy/Mel tie and although I love ties I wasn't going to let this one end in a tie and possibly lose 2 villagers.
ETA: my computer didn't finish my sentence

I get nervous when people have to preface their comment with "Honestly...."
 
LIS would rather stay dead than be brought back as a convert at least from what I've gathered.

Ahhhhahahahahaha.

So, the mods warned me I might be coming back and to not talk to anyone about the game (last game there was some game-talk going on and I had to back out of being rezzed). I PM'd:

"If it's the wolves, can I choose death? 🙂"

(FWIW, I'm not sure what the answer would have been. Kaydubs said yes, but with a "At least I vote yes" comment at the end. Since it wasn't a wolf rez I never got an answer.)
 
Hm. Just based on today, I'm debating switching to Mixed (the extra-earnestness bugs me) or Snow (mostly because the hydra wants it, and two heads might be better than one and kcoughli is one sharp cookie).

But I'd still rather go back and iso people.
 
I'm still interested in hearing why nokia voted for Mel repeatedly up until yesterday. If VA is considered among more active, I'm still trying to figure out what "pack leader" meant. Starting to get really frustrated with Skye's low content.
Found the pack leader comment, but wondering if there's another explanation for it. @SkiOtter, @StayingPositive2017 - I think you said you know VA IRL. Does s/he have any prior Mafia or Werewolf experience in other settings?

I would consider VA more active than others you have named, but less than several others on the thread. Anyone else?
 
Found the pack leader comment, but wondering if there's another explanation for it. @SkiOtter, @StayingPositive2017 - I think you said you know VA IRL. Does s/he have any prior Mafia or Werewolf experience in other settings?

I would consider VA more active than others you have named, but less than several others on the thread. Anyone else?
Ok so by know VA in real life, they meant I met him for the first time at an olive garden for an hour or two with Finn, AM, ski, Kara (who I was meeting for the first time also) like a couple weeks ago. At that lunch, Kara convinced him to play and I guess Finn said she would Lynch him first thing. I didn't even understand that va was his sdn name until halfway into D1. So answer: no clue.
 
D4 Procrastibaking Lynch Tally

cdo (3)
- pippy, kski, finn
snowy (1) - paws
finn (1) - AM
VAsp (2) - skye, nohika
capri (1) - glam
am (2) - lis, vmh
lis () -
mixy (1) - snowy
glam (1) - allie

missing: cray, bryndy, capri, cdo, mixy, stella, VAsp, KL

12/20

Deadline 10pm EST (~2 hours)

d96819093142d6483a6c73d4619fc9be.jpg
 
Was out on a day hike so just finished catching up now. I will go back and reread after this.

On day 1, you said that Skye was posting more fluff than usual. Since I can't make meta judgements about them, what do you think about their posting style now?
Just to add to this, I still feel like Sky is posting more fluff this game, which gives her some sketch points, but she also has not been posting all that much, so that makes me feel like perhaps she has something to hide?

This is at least the second day you've held back your votes until late -- what's up with that
Yesterday I was pretty torn with who I was going to vote for (KL, Stella, VA, FTB) and was trying to get better reads on them throughout the day before making my decision. Today I was out hiking for the holiday, and just got back to the internet.

Will be posting my thoughts about today once I am finished rereading today's posts.
 
I first thought of LIS because of the rez, but then vmh vouched for him.

haven't heard that much from VA, so still kinda wondering about him; but others seem to think it is because he is nooby. so going to lean more to him being village
 
I get nervous when people have to preface their comment with "Honestly...."

Hm. Just based on today, I'm debating switching to Mixed (the extra-earnestness bugs me) or Snow (mostly because the hydra wants it, and two heads might be better than one and kcoughli is one sharp cookie).

But I'd still rather go back and iso people.
Fine. Hate me for using the word honestly, but if you go back you can see I'm not lying (see the comments about cubes).

Ahhhhahahahahaha.

So, the mods warned me I might be coming back and to not talk to anyone about the game (last game there was some game-talk going on and I had to back out of being rezzed). I PM'd:

"If it's the wolves, can I choose death? 🙂"

(FWIW, I'm not sure what the answer would have been. Kaydubs said yes, but with a "At least I vote yes" comment at the end. Since it wasn't a wolf rez I never got an answer.)
Ooops...
 
and crap I forgot lynch ending early. have to eat supper..hubby is giving me stink eye cause I am o n phone be back in s few
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I first thought of LIS because of the rez, but then vmh vouched for him.
SERIOUSLY WHY ARE WE STILL TALKING ABOUT THE REZ's. Put those words out of your mind. Byebye. They go bye-bye.

Also, please, please stop writing off sketchy behavior as "nooby" because I know of at least one baby wolf that skirted through a game that way. Just because VA's a newb, doesn't mean they're not being a sneaky, sneaky crazy duck.
 
Was out on a day hike so just finished catching up now. I will go back and reread after this.


Just to add to this, I still feel like Sky is posting more fluff this game, which gives her some sketch points, but she also has not been posting all that much, so that makes me feel like perhaps she has something to hide?


Yesterday I was pretty torn with who I was going to vote for (KL, Stella, VA, FTB) and was trying to get better reads on them throughout the day before making my decision. Today I was out hiking for the holiday, and just got back to the internet.

Will be posting my thoughts about today once I am finished rereading today's posts.
At dinner. Almost home from long weekend vacation.

To be very honest with you I posted random fluff D1 because I thought this game was not as serious as it's come to be. The same concerns I shared to you in PM. I was trying to "bond", terrible if I may say so myself, and instead I got told IRL doesn't matter.