X-Files: The TWWuth is OWWt There - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's hard to explain why I'm voting Spurs in a way that doesn't boil down to vibes, so I guess it's just vibes. I know Spurs tends to be a highposter who chats about anything but there seems to be a lack of content this time that is disproportionate to what I expect.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Day 1 Vote Tally

Spurs (2) - PSV, genny

PSV ()
Santy ()
CG (1) - Vampy
Kitz (1) - Rae
Rae (2)- AM, kitz
RDR (1) - Santy

Votes: 7/15
Missing: Clem, Mrs Queequeg, RDR, CG, sovreijn, Zenge, Spurs, SAR

Yeet close at 9PM EDT (~2 hours)
 
O ho, misyeeting ME this time for sounding off due to IRL business? I suppose turnabout is fair play 🙂

@potentialsheltervet should know better though. She has seen me wolf.
I've mentioned before that I don't think I'm very good at reading people solely on a wolf partnership basis, if that's what you're referring to, because then I don't have to worry about solving them. Idk if that's the specific game you mean.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Day 1 Vote Tally

Spurs (3) - PSV, genny, CG

PSV ()
Santy ()
CG (1) - Vampy
Kitz (1) - Rae
Rae (1)- AM
RDR (1) - Santy

Votes: 7/15
Missing: Clem, Mrs Queequeg, RDR, sovreijn, Zenge, Spurs, SAR, kitz

Yeet close at 9PM EDT (~2 hours)
 
There's three (sometimes four) cats that people put "sci fi" into:
Hard Sci Fi
Soft Sci Fi
Space Fantasy
And sometimes space Opera

I fundamentally disagree with the terms hard and soft because at the college I went to, being a "soft scientist" was derogatory, but "Hard Sci Fi" is more focused on the technical accuracy of the speculative science: The Martian, The Three Body Problem, etc. Soft Sci Fi is more focused on the social aspects for space and interaction: generational ship fiction, Star Trek, Apes, etc.
Space Fantasy and Space Opera are sometimes used interchangeably: Star Wars, Phantom of the Paradise, Barbarella
Hard Sci-fi always makes me think of Roman from Party Down
 
Well, there are still two hours. Are you voting Spurs solely for tie reasons?
No. He's just the one I find most sus D1 because of his, "I shot Santy and he didn't die," post. Which is probably a joke, but the fact that a write-up came out about a shot that didn't kill anyone is making me rethink that assumption. Granted, I am horrible at finding anyone sus on D1. Almost everyone here is reading neutral to me so far.
 
Its mostly that RDR vibed me as someone more... Yappy? Or like high energy profile or like, projecting some cheerfulness that made me think the vibes were more off .
Season 2 Episode 20 GIF by The Simpsons
 
It's hard to explain why I'm voting Spurs in a way that doesn't boil down to vibes, so I guess it's just vibes. I know Spurs tends to be a highposter who chats about anything but there seems to be a lack of content this time that is disproportionate to what I expect.

I agree on the lacking content part, but Imo I feel it applies to mostly also the game? Like I felt that there wasnt much of a chat to begin with so hm. Pondering
 
Yeet Spurs
@apoptosis09 @kaydubs @WildZoo

Cause why not. I don't like ties. All ties seem to result in a double village death.
This seems opportunistic. I’m glad it didn’t go unnoticed 🙂
I've mentioned before that I don't think I'm very good at reading people solely on a wolf partnership basis, if that's what you're referring to, because then I don't have to worry about solving them. Idk if that's the specific game you mean.
I don’t recall you saying this to me, though you might have. So I’m not sure which game you’re referring to. But also my jab was intended as lighthearted just missing the emoji 🙂
 
I knew you’d poke me eventually so I pre-poked you. I wanted to know your thoughts, you told me nah until I said something relevant, I’ve said relevant things.

Why was me poking you at the forefront if you were reading me as village as opposed to Spurs, kitz, or QQ?

I have a decent read on spurs and right now, with the new context of the shot explanation, I feel pretty neutral to okay about him.

Kitz was posting so I felt no need to push her.

Like I said, QQ I want to give a chance.

...But you are pushing her?

Push meaning ask her stuff. Push for a yeet, sure, I am doing that.

Pushing means both. Regardless, I'm still bothered by you exclusively pushing one of your village reads when you apparently already had multiple wolf and neutral reads.


This does feel a bit like getting hung up in the semantics of what /push/ really mean. And also like, the strenght of some reads as early arent much.

Like, I think its natural to question and prod about stuff in the early phases to people even if you are leaning village on them mostly because reads arent fully formed
 
Someone tell me the vc and/or who to vote before I take an "it's definitely just allergies and not a cold at all" nap
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Day 1 Vote Tally

Spurs (3) - PSV, genny, CG

PSV ()
Santy ()
CG (1) - Vampy
Kitz (1) - Rae
Rae (1)- AM
RDR (1) - Santy

Votes: 7/15
Missing: Clem, Mrs Queequeg, RDR, sovreijn, Zenge, Spurs, SAR, kitz

Yeet close at 9PM EDT (~2 hours)

This is the vc. RDR / Vampy are the votes Im meaning for today but tbh I dont have any strong read (skill issue)
 
And also I might also take a nap because Im super tired wheee. I should wake up before EoD .... Unless I skill issue
 
This does feel a bit like getting hung up in the semantics of what /push/ really mean. And also like, the strenght of some reads as early arent much.

Like, I think its natural to question and prod about stuff in the early phases to people even if you are leaning village on them mostly because reads arent fully formed
It's not even just the push thing but like not doing anything with her wolfreads until I asked her to and playing with the intent of trying to get ahead of me suspecting her (when she was already village reading me).
 
Day 1 Vote Tally

Spurs (3) - PSV, genny, CG

PSV ()
Santy ()
CG (1) - Vampy
Kitz (1) - Rae
Rae (1)- AM
RDR (3) - Santy, Clem, QQ

Votes: 9/15
Missing: RDR, sovreijn, Zenge, Spurs, SAR, kitz

Yeet close at 9PM EDT (~2 hours)
 
Last edited:
It's hard to explain why I'm voting Spurs in a way that doesn't boil down to vibes, so I guess it's just vibes. I know Spurs tends to be a highposter who chats about anything but there seems to be a lack of content this time that is disproportionate to what I expect.
To actually respond to your reasoning, which may make sense since you signed up late—I made it very clear in sign up this was a bad week for me and originally signed up as a sub. I decided to play because they wanted to hit 15 for this setup 🙂 I said I would only check in a few times during day.

I would ordinarily dig in during morning after thread open and start trying to make some reads, but I honestly didn’t have time. I did honestly ping kitz to ****post to generate some content that others could discuss and I could Ty and sort through when I came back.

Anyways, none of that clears me cuz busy players can roll scum too. But I think the things that seem to be pinging you are, I think, NAI
 
Day 1 Vote Tally

Spurs (3) - PSV, genny, CG

PSV ()
Santy ()
CG (1) - Vampy
Kitz (1) - Rae
Rae (1)- AM
RDR (3) - Santy, spurs, QQ

Votes: 9/15
Missing: RDR, sovreijn, Zenge, Spurs, SAR, kitz

Yeet close at 9PM EDT (~2 hours)
Where on earth did you get that I was on RDR??? I said I didn’t want to that in a pop’s game!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
you’re gonna hate me for this, but i haven’t been too diligent with my reads for D1 because ✨ i’m so broke that i took every pet sitting gig i could over spring break and now i’m regretting my decisions because i dont get home until 9pm ✨

so totally understandable if i need to be upped, i’ll try to catch up when i get home but i’m pretty sure that’s after EOD