-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Your totally awesome pets...(post photos!)
Started by sambone
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Well, no cute and furries of my own living with me right now. We are in a reptile friendly apartment though, so I have several non fuzzies. The dog at the end is my dog at home, a basset/corgi/something short mix named Bear:
The first two are my puppy, Kira. She is 10 months old now and she is a Lagotto 🙂
The other three are not my pet, but she's a 2 month old lion cub that was sponsored for me as my Holiday present this year. Her name is Imani.
The other three are not my pet, but she's a 2 month old lion cub that was sponsored for me as my Holiday present this year. Her name is Imani.
Attachments
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Your babes are gorgeous. Love the bearded dragon, and the ball, if I'm not mistaken. ^__^Well, no cute and furries of my own living with me right now. We are in a reptile friendly apartment though, so I have several non fuzzies. The dog at the end is my dog at home, a basset/corgi/something short mix named Bear:
Your babes are gorgeous. Love the bearded dragon, and the ball, if I'm not mistaken. ^__^
Thanks! All of the snakes are actually Ball Pythons, just Ball Pythons with different paint jobs. The Bearded Dragon is kind of a spitfire. He isn't big on being handled, but he is hilarious to watch. They have one of the neatest personalities of reptile pets in my opinion.
Rats are amazing pets - easy to care for and incredibly lovable! I personally recommend blue rats as my favs have been Blues.
I got my first 2 rats before I moved in with my SO and he wasn't sure how he would like them, but he fell in love with them as they did with him.
They're very social, so always get them in pairs...that is unless you are able to spend hours and hours with them each and every day.
And if you haven't tried...check out your local shelter / SPCA - - - often they have rats and other non-cat/dog pets that people don't even know about up for adoption.
I got my first 2 rats before I moved in with my SO and he wasn't sure how he would like them, but he fell in love with them as they did with him.
They're very social, so always get them in pairs...that is unless you are able to spend hours and hours with them each and every day.
And if you haven't tried...check out your local shelter / SPCA - - - often they have rats and other non-cat/dog pets that people don't even know about up for adoption.
And if you haven't tried...check out your local shelter / SPCA - - - often they have rats and other non-cat/dog pets that people don't even know about up for adoption.
Don't forget Petfinder (www.petfinder.com)! There are a bunch of rats for adoption there too.
Here're my lil' stinkers:
Annie & Alex, my 16-year-old (going on 17) littermates! I adopted them from the Denver Dumb Friends League that many years ago--man time flies!
Bugsy, my bratty 9-year-old (10 this Sat.), who's daddy dumped him on the cat hospital where I was working. They were threatening to send him to a shelter...what could I do? 😳
Love this thread--love seeing all ya'lls' kids! 😍
Bugsy, my bratty 9-year-old (10 this Sat.), who's daddy dumped him on the cat hospital where I was working. They were threatening to send him to a shelter...what could I do? 😳
Love this thread--love seeing all ya'lls' kids! 😍
Hah, nice. They are pretty spunky, although I've met some mellow ones. I'd like to have one someday, I've only owned anole lizards and that was in high school. Right now I'm reptile-less, but that will change. XD Have fun with your babes!Thanks! All of the snakes are actually Ball Pythons, just Ball Pythons with different paint jobs. The Bearded Dragon is kind of a spitfire. He isn't big on being handled, but he is hilarious to watch. They have one of the neatest personalities of reptile pets in my opinion.
Hah, nice. They are pretty spunky, although I've met some mellow ones. I'd like to have one someday, I've only owned anole lizards and that was in high school. Right now I'm reptile-less, but that will change. XD Have fun with your babes!
I have five BPs ( 2 others I didn't post pictures of). Of them, 3 are mellow as all get out, one is hissy but not a biter (all bark, no bite), and the other wants to EAT MY FACE (Apple- the one that kind of looks like she wanted to eat the camera). I love reptile pets, for me they have been a way to look after something living while I couldn't have something fury. I highly recommend either ball pythons or bearded dragons, just make sure you buy from a good breeder!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My boys
The squinty eyes in the third one are because I had them both CERFd a few hours before and their eyes were still dilated.
I love how corgis will lay with their hind feet sticking straight out behind them - the little fuzzy rumps are so cute! Mine doesn't ever lay like that, for whatever reason. But she does wiggle her little tail stub, and that's pretty cute too. 🙂
Love your gang!
I feel pretty dumb, having no clue how to post pictures on here 😳
do you just put them in as attachments? Or is there another way.
Ah well, if this happens to work, we also have a greyhound who we rescued after he had finished his racing career, no pics though.
do you just put them in as attachments? Or is there another way.
Ah well, if this happens to work, we also have a greyhound who we rescued after he had finished his racing career, no pics though.
Attachments
My bulldog!!!!! 😛
Shes front page material lol
Shes front page material lol
Last edited:
Ugg. Tried to upload but I've failed. Sorry. Trying to show my newest baby - smooth coat St. Bernard.
Last edited:
My big boy Blitz. We adopted him about a year and a half ago. I am so excited because he will be the anatomy palpator pup for the incoming first years in small animal anatomy!
My little man Louie. I have had him since he was just a kitten when my roommate's cat had kittens. He is pretty much the devil and hates being held.
My little man Louie. I have had him since he was just a kitten when my roommate's cat had kittens. He is pretty much the devil and hates being held.
I have two and a half cats (I go by total # of legs). My first cat (grey tabby) we named Jones-he had a leg amputated at the humane society and we got him from the back. Our second cat (calico) was already named Star (yes, we then had Star Jones), but we couldn't change her name since the vet at the humane society liked her so much he gave her a star shaped spay tattoo. She was observed being kicked by a kid when she was a kitten.
My fiancee and I swore we'd stop at 2 cats, but a white, six week old kitten was brought into the clinic where I work. Someone thought he was roadkill but when he pulled over the kitten was meowing. He was donated to the clinic and had a front leg amputated as well as three toes on the back leg on the opposite side. So...almost 2 1/2 cats. We've named him flint (fireforge-dragonlance anyone?)-my fiancee though naming him Speedbump would be in poor taste.
My fiancee and I swore we'd stop at 2 cats, but a white, six week old kitten was brought into the clinic where I work. Someone thought he was roadkill but when he pulled over the kitten was meowing. He was donated to the clinic and had a front leg amputated as well as three toes on the back leg on the opposite side. So...almost 2 1/2 cats. We've named him flint (fireforge-dragonlance anyone?)-my fiancee though naming him Speedbump would be in poor taste.
Attachments
my fiancee though naming him Speedbump would be in poor taste.
It is one of my goals in life to adopt a three-legged dog and name him/her Tripod.
It is one of my goals in life to adopt a three-legged dog and name him/her Tripod.
that's cute, but not nearly as offensive as Speedbump. while i agree with the husband, i probably would have named him that anyway, lol. if i had come up with it!
Fergus had a baby hare buddy, and Argon had his bottle baby lamb buddy.
My dogs are ruthless hunters.
That picture is adorable!
http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnails.../otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish
That's basically all of my Scarlet macaw. He's not an evil scarlet, I swear. He's about 6 1/2 years old not.
Total animals -
Scarlet macaw - Rex - 6.5 yrs 😍
B&G macaw - Max - 7 yrs
Greenwing macaw - Jessie - 8 months
Severe macaw - Peanut - 7 years
Congo African Grey - Sammy - 4 years
4 dogs -
2 mini red dachshunds (who are both 20 lbs =[)
Australian Cattle dog
Yellow Lab (with osteosarcoma... still hanging in there)
3 Leopard geckos
Unlimited guppies.
=] I love them all very very much. Especially the birds. 🙂
That's basically all of my Scarlet macaw. He's not an evil scarlet, I swear. He's about 6 1/2 years old not.
Total animals -
Scarlet macaw - Rex - 6.5 yrs 😍
B&G macaw - Max - 7 yrs
Greenwing macaw - Jessie - 8 months
Severe macaw - Peanut - 7 years
Congo African Grey - Sammy - 4 years
4 dogs -
2 mini red dachshunds (who are both 20 lbs =[)
Australian Cattle dog
Yellow Lab (with osteosarcoma... still hanging in there)
3 Leopard geckos
Unlimited guppies.
=] I love them all very very much. Especially the birds. 🙂
Attachments
Let's start with Arrow, 2 yo GSD from Suzanne Clothier's Hawk's Hunt Kennel. Search and Rescue dog, absolutly amazing, rocks my world every day and ensure that I get a reasonable amount of exercise. This is a pic from us repelling down a cliff during training.

The next is Squirt, the wonder dog. He is the ultimate velcro pooch. We found him on the side of I20 in Lousiana before his eyes were open.

The cat is Minke, named after the first whale I ever encountered. She is certain she is a dog, including walking on leash, fetching toys, and doing tricks. She was a gift from some Amish neighbors when my other big black cat died.

There are more....when I have a bit more time.

The next is Squirt, the wonder dog. He is the ultimate velcro pooch. We found him on the side of I20 in Lousiana before his eyes were open.

The cat is Minke, named after the first whale I ever encountered. She is certain she is a dog, including walking on leash, fetching toys, and doing tricks. She was a gift from some Amish neighbors when my other big black cat died.

There are more....when I have a bit more time.
.
Last edited:
for those of you who have pet rats, how are they as pets?? I've been considering getting one (maybe 2!) if i get into vet school, but my finace doesn't really like the idea.
Rats are totally amazing! You should definitely get two if you decide to get one. Girls tend to be more active, and boys more lazy and willing to just sit in your lap (in my experience with them anyway). There fairly low maintenance pets that don't require a lot of attention during the day if you're gone all day like me. They're usually more active at night, but they can adjust to your schedule. They're also incredibly smart. I've taught mine how to stand up, spin in a circle, shake, climb (up me), jump, and run through a tunnel on command (yay clicker training). A downside is they don't live too long, but if you get them spayed/neutered, that really helps increase their lifespan.
Speaking of rats...Here are mine!


Sardines is the black dumbo, and Tundra (recently passed on 🙁 ) is the beige hooded.
And, heck, if anyone is interested, here's a youtube vid of mine doing tricks 🙂
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQEPmo8jbws
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do you upload pics?![]()
![]()
Go to the full post option and click on the paper clip icon in the top row of formatting icons. A box should appear and you can upload images from your computer (max 400X400 pixels). If you want to insert them to the post after you upload, click the paper clip again and it should give you that option. Hope that helps!
Last edited:
Sumstorm,
I am in love with Arrow. GORGEOUS! Very impressed with the kennel as well.
Someday when I get on my computer with pictures (and figure out how to do it) I'll post pics of my babies. I have a 1yo shepherd that I'm hoping to start in Schutzhund soon. Will be adding an 8wk old pup here before too long. I'm so excited. 😀 Then, someday when I'm out of school and have loads of free time I want to focus on working Shepherds and raise a few select litters. 😀 (let the flaming begin....)
I am in love with Arrow. GORGEOUS! Very impressed with the kennel as well.
Someday when I get on my computer with pictures (and figure out how to do it) I'll post pics of my babies. I have a 1yo shepherd that I'm hoping to start in Schutzhund soon. Will be adding an 8wk old pup here before too long. I'm so excited. 😀 Then, someday when I'm out of school and have loads of free time I want to focus on working Shepherds and raise a few select litters. 😀 (let the flaming begin....)
Splashie, that video is AWESOME! I wish I could get a pet rat, but my cat is quite the hunter and I just don't ever think I'd feel safe with them both in the house.

This is my herd...
Ty is the big black boy up top. He's about twice the size of the 2 girls. He loves to jump into the freezer to steal ice cubes whenever I open it up. He is currently cuddled up in between my arm and my side making typing slightly difficult.
Beau is the little tuxedo girl. I got her and Ty about 4 years ago from a clinic where I worked cause they were both trapped as feral kittens. She is a big chicken around other people but I've been working with her now for so long and she is getting much better at least with me. I can now pick her up from the middle of the floor to give her a hug, it used to be that she would let me pet her only if she was on her window perch. She has spent every night for the past 3 years curled up in between my knees while I sleep.
Reese is the little torti girl. She is everything you would expect a torti to be and more. She is the craziest cat I have ever owned and I'm not sure she will ever grow out of the kitten phase. My family is amazed at how I keep ending up with the cats that stay kitten size forever because both my girls are petite. Reese chats with me everyday when I get home and makes sure that I know when she wants lots of attention. She will end up costing me a fortune (thank god for vet student discounts) cause she is the most accident prone cat ever.
Splashie, I'm not so much impressed that your rats did tricks, I'm just impressed that you kept Sardines' attention that long! Yogurt treats or not, I have never seen her so focused. 😛
Splashie, I'm not so much impressed that your rats did tricks, I'm just impressed that you kept Sardines' attention that long! Yogurt treats or not, I have never seen her so focused. 😛
Hah, hah, yes, this was one of her better days 😉
Oooh, I love pictures!
This is Aster, a 5 y/o german shepherd that we raised for the Seeing Eye but didn't quite make it. She is now my agility superstar.
All told, she has 17 agility titles plus her CGC and is a certified therapy dog. All of her titles have been earned while I have been in vet school, so don't let people tell you you can't do stuff in vet school!
My other girlie is Bryce, a 1 year old coated German Shepherd who came from the shelter at 11 weeks towards the end of 2nd year.
The moral of the story, don't go on petfinder during boring lectures because you'll see things like this:
And then a year later you'll have this:
Looking a little more mature,
Seriously, though, I love my pup. She's also in agility training, no titles yet though! Gotta close those growth plates before hard core training and trialing. Next year 🙂
This is Aster, a 5 y/o german shepherd that we raised for the Seeing Eye but didn't quite make it. She is now my agility superstar.
All told, she has 17 agility titles plus her CGC and is a certified therapy dog. All of her titles have been earned while I have been in vet school, so don't let people tell you you can't do stuff in vet school!
My other girlie is Bryce, a 1 year old coated German Shepherd who came from the shelter at 11 weeks towards the end of 2nd year.
The moral of the story, don't go on petfinder during boring lectures because you'll see things like this:
And then a year later you'll have this:
Looking a little more mature,
Seriously, though, I love my pup. She's also in agility training, no titles yet though! Gotta close those growth plates before hard core training and trialing. Next year 🙂
Very impressive! The top picture is awesome. GSDs are great dogs, and you seem like a great trainer! Where do you find the time... lol. You must be pretty busy, at least. 🙂
This is not the whole family, but here are some of the photogenic ones!!
This is Logan...purebred...MUTT!!

This is Sam and Ernie...Fascinated with the snake they cought!

Duke...he was protecting himself from those gosh awful UV rays!!

This is Scooch and Corona..give me the stick...give me the stick!

My Ol' Tari, smiling just for you!...he forgot to brush his teeth.

Now this is the best horse in the world....EXTREMELY fast (He is so fast that you can't even tell he is moving...I fly out of the saddle when I ride him!!) and very cheap to feed!!😀 Ya'll should purchase one..

This is Logan...purebred...MUTT!!

This is Sam and Ernie...Fascinated with the snake they cought!

Duke...he was protecting himself from those gosh awful UV rays!!

This is Scooch and Corona..give me the stick...give me the stick!

My Ol' Tari, smiling just for you!...he forgot to brush his teeth.

Now this is the best horse in the world....EXTREMELY fast (He is so fast that you can't even tell he is moving...I fly out of the saddle when I ride him!!) and very cheap to feed!!😀 Ya'll should purchase one..

I was searching in the past history to make sure this thread hadn't existed before I post a new thread! Thus, I present, the post your pets picture thread from 1 year ago!!! Think of it as a bump!

This is a picture of two of my cats (Comet and Twilight from top to bottom)
And here is an okay picture of Pachelbel:
I have a few others, but the photos are currently on an external hard drive. I will try to get them uploaded soon.

This is a picture of two of my cats (Comet and Twilight from top to bottom)
And here is an okay picture of Pachelbel:
I have a few others, but the photos are currently on an external hard drive. I will try to get them uploaded soon.
Here are my clan of kitties.
First, Lucy. I found her and Roxie outside a WalMart in Indiana a few years back, and kept them in the barn while I attempted to find them homes. Obviously that worked out well, 4 years later.
This is Roxie, who is built like a tank and the boss of the household.
One day, they were tiny and adorable.
Then we got Lebowski, a kitten that a friend of mine found and foisted off on me. And who had a heart murmur you could hear across the room - VSD. He had a wonderful couple of months with us, until he went into heart failure and we had to euthanize.
A few months after Lebowski, Eva appeared, brought in by a client who found her in the middle of the road.
And then I brought home Dorian Gray. He's white and blue-eyed and completely deaf, and a pain in the ass.
This is my big, dorky TB gelding, Duncan. We show the hunter circuit here when he manages not to injure himself for 5 minutes at a time.
First, Lucy. I found her and Roxie outside a WalMart in Indiana a few years back, and kept them in the barn while I attempted to find them homes. Obviously that worked out well, 4 years later.
This is Roxie, who is built like a tank and the boss of the household.
One day, they were tiny and adorable.
Then we got Lebowski, a kitten that a friend of mine found and foisted off on me. And who had a heart murmur you could hear across the room - VSD. He had a wonderful couple of months with us, until he went into heart failure and we had to euthanize.
A few months after Lebowski, Eva appeared, brought in by a client who found her in the middle of the road.
And then I brought home Dorian Gray. He's white and blue-eyed and completely deaf, and a pain in the ass.
This is my big, dorky TB gelding, Duncan. We show the hunter circuit here when he manages not to injure himself for 5 minutes at a time.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1
168135
I posted on this thread a long time ago, but since it's been dug up, here are pics of the two boys that I got in June:
Hawkeye & BJ
Hawkeye & BJ
Introducing Whisky Tango Foxtrot, who I've now had for a couple months (yes, right in the middle of first semester!) thanks to TheMightyFuzz. Her name used to be Buttercup, but I think the new one fits her much better 😀
This was taken before I got her, haven't had a chance to pull anything more recent off of my camera. I'm working on taking her from "broodmare" to "low-level eventer", but mostly she's just a great all-around horse.
First up is Dash. He's the newest addition to my household after being up for adoption for 2 months at the clinic. His former name was Chaplin for obvious reasons.
Next up is Lola. She's my miniature schnauzer with the ears that flop asymmetrically, which the first picture shows more clearly.
Last is MacGyver/Mac/Richard Dean Anderson/RDA/Richard. He's with a different family now, but I miss him dearly.
Next up is Lola. She's my miniature schnauzer with the ears that flop asymmetrically, which the first picture shows more clearly.
Last is MacGyver/Mac/Richard Dean Anderson/RDA/Richard. He's with a different family now, but I miss him dearly.
Whyevernot, your horse is gorgeous! I've always wanted a bay QH or TB, don't have the money or room right now. Someday...your kitties are pretty cute too.
I'll post my kitties later
Thanks Bearby! He's a big doofus, but he's a handsome boy. I also used to have a mahogany bay TB mare, as well as a chestnut pony mare.
Giny was donated to Penn a few years ago, actually.
And Sonora got sold to a little girl last spring. She was FUN.
Similar threads
A
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 742
A
- Replies
- 6K
- Views
- 161K

