Your totally awesome pets...(post photos!)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I posted on this thread a long time ago, but since it's been dug up, here are pics of the two boys that I got in June:

Hawkeye & BJ

Soooo adorable! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Well here we go. I have two babies. The first is Derby, he was found at a construction yard when he was just a kitten. We took him home and since he was our first furry pet, we spoiled him. Now he's a spitfire, likes my dad, brother, and mom, but he only tolerates me and the other cat. It's probably because I'm the one that always has to take him to the vet. He has to be gassed down for everything so...woo! Here he is being all cute.
DSC00355-1.jpg

Next is Bear! He's my baby! I got him from a clinic that I worked at. He and his littermate were found behind the building that our hospital was connected to and the mom didn't come back. We don't know what happened to her. He was tiny, much smaller than his littermate. He and I formed a bond and when he was about to be sent to PetSmart for adoption I couldn't see him go so I took him home without telling my parents. It all worked out. Here he is when he was little...
kitten.jpg

Here's a good picture of him with Derby when Bear was still a baby
kitties.jpg

Finally, here's Bear being a bad boy and chewing on my dad's new toothbrush. He got caught in the act by my dad...oops!
DaddysCamera040.jpg

This thread is awesome so I thought I would share my funny animals.
This is my 2 year old Border Collie/Lab mix, Nike. He puts up with a lot!
8316_744489514972_9131386_42640254_.jpg

Nike starting his training for agility.
n9131386_37484200_5416.jpg

Nike looking like a complete goofball after some jumps
n9131386_37484199_9687.jpg

While not technically mine... This is Isaac Mizrahi, an alpaca in our university's herd.
n9131386_36473263_2945.jpg

This is my 11 year old Morgan gelding, Till There Was You aka Jerry : ) This is post winter hair cut
n9131386_32418818_6182.jpg

This is my 23 year old Morgan mare, Sagamore Allegra aka Allie. She passed away in November.
11834_757321085402_9131386_43123129.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed my furry and wooly animals : )

Members don't see this ad :)
borntoboogie, do you go to UMass-Amherst? I ask because you mentioned a university-owned alpaca herd. I went there for 2 years before I left for financial issues. I showed one of the alpacas, Highlander, in the livestock classic. Here's a picture of us together!

umass019.jpg

borntoboogie, do you go to UMass-Amherst? I ask because you mentioned a university-owned alpaca herd. I went there for 2 years before I left for financial issues. I showed one of the alpacas, Highlander, in the livestock classic.

AHH YES!!! I'm the TA for the Camelid Program at UMass. Highlander just found a new home and isn't on the farm anymore. Did you show him in 2008? If so, I think we were in the same alpaca class in the Livestock Classic. I hope Highlander was good for you because he sure hated me!!! Did you ever take the camelid management class with Dr. Purdy? This program is the whole reason I want to be a camelid vet!! So nice to "meet you"!!

I love alpacas! So fuzzy!

Bailey, almost 11 year old Airedale cross:

DSCF2157.jpg

Baby, almost 11 year old Valley Bulldog:

DSCF0607.jpg

Coquette, AKA CS Nimble Coquette, my leased 7 year old Quarter Horse:
jillmatt2-1.jpg

jenn9.jpg

And I have a cat, but there's no pictures of her... She hates to be photographed.

AHH YES!!! I'm the TA for the Camelid Program at UMass. Highlander just found a new home and isn't on the farm anymore. Did you show him in 2008? If so, I think we were in the same alpaca class in the Livestock Classic. I hope Highlander was good for you because he sure hated me!!! Did you ever take the camelid management class with Dr. Purdy? This program is the whole reason I want to be a camelid vet!! So nice to "meet you"!!

I showed him in 2007. He was good but very stubborn, didn't ever want to jump for me. BUT! the day of the show he did the jumps perfectly the first time! I was so proud. I didn't take the camelid mgmt class but I wish I had. I didn't realize how cool camelids were until I did the livestock classic and left after that semester. Oh well! Maybe we'll meet for real some day and can reminesce about Zoomass

Go Gators!!
n2046608_35923958_9493.jpg

i know it's bad...but we give him some human food lol
n1108020106_30021113_8745.jpg

3124_1053304168679_1108020106_30146162_402803_n.jpg

and a "lost" dog that we took care of for a couple of days until the owner "found" him. We named him Dug, because he looks exactly like Dug the dog from Up! and Dug was Cakeiyo's first real friend...b/c my dog does not get well with others. i think my went turned gay for Dug. lol

6411_1086869407789_1108020106_30229352_5906006_n.jpg

I love this thread! Since it had reappeared, here are some updated pictures of my crew. Ignore the watermarks, they are from my website:

Yoshi the angry lizard:
Yoshi-3.jpg

My first snake, a female named Pumpkin:
PumpkinCollection.jpg

Next Up, a female named Banana:
Collection5-1.jpg

A male named J:
Collection6.jpg

A male named PB:
Collection2-1.jpg

A female named Apple Cinnamon, or miss 'wants to eat my face' from my earlier post. She is now the proud mommie of a clutch of eggs:
Collection-1.jpg

Egg shots and babies:
CIMG3503.jpg

The baby I am keeping, a female named Goose:
PewterUpdate.jpg

Puppy who lives at home, goes by the name of Bear:
Bear-1.jpg

Other dog at home, Buddy:
Buddy.jpg

I also have a fish, but he/she has no name and I don't have pictures! Thanks for looking!

I don't know if I did this right, but I have

1) my own adopted pup Ringo... he's a terrier mix?? he likes to chew, bark, pounce on everything, and hang out with other dogs. he also hates squirrels

2) Sadie, my family's dog. she is so ugly she is beautiful. but her personality is the sweetest. she is 1/2 lhaso apso and 1/2 boston terrier, but can you really tell? P.s. underbite is amazing

3) calvin, my family's cat, was adopted as well. he is grumpy and snuggly. he loves to lie on paper, sit on laptops, and if you put anything on the fireplace (his territory obviously), then he will knock it off

Attachments

• sadie.jpg
    sadie.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 255
  • ringo.jpg
    ringo.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 259
  • calvin.jpg
    calvin.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 250
Here are my furry critters:

This is Chubbs. I got her a year ago; She is the same hamster in my avatar except this is a more recent picture:

Chubbs3.jpg

Next, is Chestnut. I also got her a year ago. She is pure evil! I call her Evil Nutty McNut Nut:

EvilNuttyMcNutNut.jpg

Next, is P.J. She is almost 9 years old. She is your best friend when she is hungry:):

PJ.jpg

And the last picture is of the 2 dogs. Snickers is the black and white border collie mix. He is 12 years old and he still acts like he is 3. Cassie is the tan Aussie Shep mix. I think she is about 5-6 years old:

SnickersandKitty.jpg

There is my furry crew. Sorry about any blurry pictures. These were taken with the camera on my phone; which takes very poor pictures. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Here is my Brutus!!! And love your thoroughbred Whyevernot!!! I wish that there were more thoroughbreds competing in the hunter divisions, but it seems that most riders want the less sensitive warmblood types.
attachment.php

Attachments

• brutusprofileonline.jpg
    brutusprofileonline.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 1,134
Last edited:
Here is my Brutus!!!

and Here is my Dumbo (he's gray, he flies, and he talks)!!!
Dumbo---1.jpg

and Flower (at the wonderful facility in colorado):
flower.jpg

and minnie and tinkerbelle in their costumes (in japan):
minniewithhat.jpg
tinkerwithhat.jpg

and to get tinkie's full ginormous coat effect:
furry.jpg
tinker.jpg

The one by the wii board is more recent and therefore more hairy (note her size with her hair! she's actually not much bigger than minnie when shaved)

and my first love, bambi. she died s few years ago at 16 yrs of age. she's about 13 or 14 in the picture:
bambi.jpg

and last but not least, kamekichi kun (whom i no longer have because i couldn't find him a long term foster. he also couldn't make it overseas because of conservation laws regarding land tortoises. he's in a really awesome home with a girlfriend now though!)

Kamekichiprintout.jpg

so sadly, even though i've got all of these babies, none of them live with me. the only one i have now is my foster cat "meanie"

gracie4.jpg

Here is my Brutus!!! And love your thoroughbred Whyevernot!!! I wish that there were more thoroughbreds competing in the hunter divisions, but it seems that most riders want the less sensitive warmblood types.

Thanks lyndaelyzoo! I am biased because I'm too stinking poor to afford a fancy WB, but I think a hunter round with a big, classic TB is just the best thing ever. Not that we don't get our asses handed to us on a regular basis at the horse shows by said fancy WBs, but that's ok. We still have fun.

PAThbrd I am STEALING your GSDs. So cute!

Minnerbelle, I LOVE Dumbo!!! Life is definitely better with a Grey!!!! Brutus talks like crazy (sometimes too much) and never ceases to amaze me!!!
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=652710&highlight=funny+story+at+vet

Love that story! and that's the thing with grey's there's counless numbers of those stories when you live with them!

my dumbie can predict earthquakes before they happen! when dumbo freaks out but flower's like totally chill, that's when we all know there's one coming. (apparently some animals + even plants react to the static electricity that builds up before an earthquake, so i guess that's what he's doing).

it's so cute though, when flower's screaming her cockatoo self bananas, dumbo always says in the sweetest tone (in my voice) "shhhh, lala bird, it's okay, quiet flower. no screaming. it's okay"

if i give dumbo a peanut with only one nut in the shell and not two, he'll take it from my hand, and very quickly throw it to the ground and nip me as if to say "b*tch, i don't want this sh**. don't be f***ing stingy with me, and gimme that peanut with two nuts!!!" he'll actually forgo that peanut i gave him just to make his point.

i <3 parrots. they just make me really sad...

This is my border collie mix, Cecil. I got to see him over Christmas for the first time since March (my college is ~500 miles from home, I'm graduated, but I've got a job down here, so I'm staying put).

He's considerably grayer now. I took these pictures about 4 years ago in a high school photo class. I don't have recent photos of him online or on my computer right now, but he's still just as cute, albeit a little more of a grumbly and idiosyncratic old man. He will hardly even look at the camera now. He's figured out that I'll take forever getting the perfect shot and making him stay, so now he just lays down facing a different direction. He'll be 9 in April.

ececilkerchief014.jpg
ececilkerchief041-2.jpg

OK seriously how do you get these pictures to work?

Last edited:
I uploaded my pictures to photobucket. Then, I clicked on the yellow icon with the mountain looking things and put in the direct link to the picture and then hit ok and presto; it worked!! Good Luck! If you have any more questions just ask. :)

Minnerbelle, what kind of cockatoo is Flower? My mom has a moluccan cockatoo that she got from someone who was moving and could no longer care for her. Snuggie is one of the sweetest, most well behaved birds I've ever met, which I know is pretty surprising for a cockatoo.

4226039410_fa210674c2.jpg

This picture from shortly after we got her. Her toenails were WAY overgrown at the time. My mom has had her for a few years now and Snuggie has been such a great addition to the family. She loves attention and new toys and she talks all the time. Her favorite things to say are "Hi Cutie Bird" and "Hi Sweet Bird", but she also likes to mock my mom when she's yelling at my little brothers. :laugh:

I also occasionally pet sit for an African Grey parrot. He's normally sweet but did give me a REALLY good bite over the summer when he was feeling particularly "naughty." :rolleyes:

My poodle Kaz...

Attachments

• kaz3n.jpg
    kaz3n.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 261
  • kaz2.jpg
    kaz2.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 202
  • kaz.jpg
    kaz.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 250
First off - sorry the pictures are large, I couldn't figure out how to make them smaller.

When I'm at school I live with two cats, Antigone (black) and Lo (torty)
3434585537_7edd5dafc8.jpg

4230532488_d7bbd4c86b.jpg

Both are my rommate's cats, but I helped get Lo from the shelter in September. My roommate couldn't think of a good name for her, so we called her Little One, which morphed into Lo.

At home, I have two cavaliers, Fleur (blenheim) and Charlie (ruby):
n1561530013_30028617_9733.jpg
n1561530013_30028623_3711.jpg
(Charlie is in his natural element in this picture, with tennis ball in mouth. He has an obsession with tennis balls of all types.)

Oh, and my user picture/avatar is of my sister's dogs. I babysit them all the time so they're kinda like my pet niece and nephew. Camo is a red-nosed pitbull and Macy is a doberman/ridgeback mix.
3284552_600.jpg

I have 7 Italian Greyhounds and one Rhodesian Ridgeback. They are all housedogs and the 7 iggys sleep with me and hubby. We had to go from a queen sized bed to a king size bed when we added the last iggy and the last it will be :rolleyes: We are now empty nesters and the dogs are our children.

Bailey, Boozer, Daisy, Rudy, Betsy, Tova, Rosie and Bella. Pictures will follow soon!

Niki...perhaps the love of my life. Rescued from a shelter in the nick of time.
IMG_3870.jpg

IMG_4062.jpg

Niki and Abby.

PA232488.jpg

Eddie the cat, as a baby.

P5150002.jpg

Samantha, my best buddy for 15 years.

This is Sheeba, who is no longer with us. She lived to the ripe old age of 16 before needing to be euthanized due to QOL issues, but she was a damn good dog. She's 14 or 15 in this picture:
Sheeba2R-1.jpg

This is Leo, who is 9 years old and hasn't yet learned he's not a puppy any more:
LeoO.jpg

This is Odyssey, AKA 'Pretty Kitty' or 'Slice 'n' Dice' dependent on her mood:
OdysseyR.jpg

This is Blue, who's doing her best to 'help' me with Accounting. She insists she's an asset, I'm thinking Liability though:
Wut.jpg

And I don't actually own this one, but it was the first horse I ever got to work with outside of veterinary work. He's called 'Moonshine' and was quite the character. I'm the one on the right:
IMG_0754-1.jpg

Minnerbelle, what kind of cockatoo is Flower? My mom has a moluccan cockatoo that she got from someone who was moving and could no longer care for her. Snuggie is one of the sweetest, most well behaved birds I've ever met, which I know is pretty surprising for a cockatoo.

4226039410_fa210674c2.jpg

This picture from shortly after we got her. Her toenails were WAY overgrown at the time. My mom has had her for a few years now and Snuggie has been such a great addition to the family. She loves attention and new toys and she talks all the time. Her favorite things to say are "Hi Cutie Bird" and "Hi Sweet Bird", but she also likes to mock my mom when she's yelling at my little brothers. :laugh:

I also occasionally pet sit for an African Grey parrot. He's normally sweet but did give me a REALLY good bite over the summer when he was feeling particularly "naughty." :rolleyes:

aww she's beautiful! I LOVE moluccans! Flower's an umbrella. she's super fun when she's not having a tantrum - and potty trained too! She poops on command, and gets suuuper excited when i say "lala bird, do you want to go use the big girl potty!?!?" because that means she gets to poop in the toilet and watch it flush (that and wash her hands in the sink like any civilized person afterwards). she's not as excited about pooing in the trash or in her cage, but she'll do it when i tell her to poo poo. if she wants to go and i haven't noticed, she'll let me know by waving her tail. she'll hold on until i take her to the nearest trash can and tell her she can go! she also likes to sing into the microphone when i'm singing karaoke with my sister. she gets a bit too excited and starts screaming into said microphone sometimes and it really gives me a huge headache :boom:.

this thing hates me (computer smashing in progress)

Attempt #2
The girls, getting into trouble
lummiplusrandom006.jpg

Leia about to learn to swim

lummiplusrandom005.jpg

cat in box! (evie)

lummiplusrandom055.jpg

They love it when we make the bed, weirdos

Steve
lummiplusrandom048.jpg

and lastly my parent's giant lapdog from the pound, Boo
zoo2andhike024.jpg

This is before she gained back all her weight and hair. It gets everywhere!!

Last edited:
Here's my latest addition, Finn; he's an 8-month-old polydactyl (22 toes! 6 on front and hind dewclaws) DSH. I've had him since the beginning of August. He's a sweet little booger.

0106001347.jpg
1213092340.jpg

And to highlight his massive paws:

1214091529x.jpg

Last edited:
quite some toes your kitty has there! He would be quite a swimmer. :)

aww she's beautiful! I LOVE moluccans! Flower's an umbrella. she's super fun when she's not having a tantrum - and potty trained too! She poops on command, and gets suuuper excited when i say "lala bird, do you want to go use the big girl potty!?!?" because that means she gets to poop in the toilet and watch it flush (that and wash her hands in the sink like any civilized person afterwards). she's not as excited about pooing in the trash or in her cage, but she'll do it when i tell her to poo poo. if she wants to go and i haven't noticed, she'll let me know by waving her tail. she'll hold on until i take her to the nearest trash can and tell her she can go! she also likes to sing into the microphone when i'm singing karaoke with my sister. she gets a bit too excited and starts screaming into said microphone sometimes and it really gives me a huge headache :boom:.

Ha, I'm definitely familiar with the screaming! Snuggie gets SUPER excited when I visit, any time my mom enters the room, or just whenever anything fun is going on and she SCREAMS like a maniac. She usually only does it for a minute or two, but it sure is loud. She doesn't know an awful lot of tricks (spoiled bird that she is), but she will dance if you come dance near her, she talks to people, and she'll lean over and scratch her own neck when she wants someone to pet her or talk to her. It's SO cute!

Also, when she dances, she likes to say "It's the music!!" really loud.

The first pic is my new dog that I adopted recently, her name is Sadie. Unfortunately she just tore her ACL :( and she is getting surgery soon.

The other pic is my beagle and me. His name is Chris and I have had him for 9 years.

Attachments

• 24484_620263395442_42113539_35834225_5689252_n.jpg
    24484_620263395442_42113539_35834225_5689252_n.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0206.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 78
I have two and a half cats (I go by total # of legs)....We've named him flint (fireforge-dragonlance anyone?)-my fiancee though naming him Speedbump would be in poor taste.

Hahaha, I think you might be my twin that everyone has out there, lol. My bf got me hooked on the Dragonlance series awhile back... always wanted a pet to name Tasselhoff ^_^, And I always say I have 2 1/2 cats too... although it's technically like 2.625 & based on # of feet, lol. Two 4 footed cats & my 2 1/2 footed cat... he has all his legs though! Came into our clinic at 3wks old, missing 1 back foot & only has 2 toes on his other back foot, one which has a non-retractable shank in place of a claw (birth defect). We dodged the amputation bullet though, and luckily he has done very well on his stump w/ no ulceration! So fun to watch him run & moove his little leg like it was touching the ground

For some reason my old pics didn't all transfer to my laptop, so I only have the ones from when I declawed them, so here are my sleepy babies... Plus a pic of my wonderful boxerbaby foster w/ a severe cleft palate... tube fed for ~2months, most precious thing ever!

Lil' Moo - black & white, I think you can see his nub in his solo pic
New Kid - long hair tabby mix
Yoda - short haired tabby
Ducky - boxer baby!

Edit: I'm totally technofail, & have to figure out how to resize my pics before I can attach them! Will see if I can't manage that, lol

Attachments

• 100_1126.jpg
    100_1126.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 148
  • Group.jpg
    Group.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 144
  • Moo solo.jpg
    Moo solo.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
The first pic is my new dog that I adopted recently, her name is Sadie. Unfortunately she just tore her ACL :( and she is getting surgery soon.

The other pic is my beagle and me. His name is Chris and I have had him for 9 years.

Love your avatar!! it reminds me of scrat in Ice Age lol sorry about your doggie :( i dont even want to know how much that costs haha its a good thing i dont have a dog so i dont need to worry about that (as much) hmm never heard of a cat that tore their ACL, anyone?

25145_816499561241_7030180_45153929_8084091_n.jpg

This is Zoe, one of my goldens, after she took a dip in the river.

n1120590187_30796694_5270303.jpg

This is Minnie (she has a spot on her belly that looks like mickey mouse). My roommate and I used to foster and she was one of our foster puppies. My roommate ended up adopting her but she's basically mine too!

hmm never heard of a cat that tore their ACL, anyone?

I've actually seen a few, 3 that I remember... 1 super active bat**** crazy cat, 1 super fat cat, & a HBC. We didn't do anything but cage rest for 'em. The bat**** crazy cat actually had torn his OTHER ACL a few years prior I guess. But yeah... super not normal.

Nitheninny, My dog Snickers likes to lay his head on his toys like your dog is doing in the picture. It is really cute. When he gets a new toy he uses it as a pillow for the first month or so and then he slowly starts to rip a hole in it and then he eventually pulls all of the stuffing out of it.

and last but not least, kamekichi kun (whom i no longer have because i couldn't find him a long term foster. he also couldn't make it overseas because of conservation laws regarding land tortoises. he's in a really awesome home with a girlfriend now though!)

Kamekichiprintout.jpg

One of our friends used to have a Kamekichi, too, although he was an aquatic turtle, lol. The same family gave us their Hebikichi (ball python) when they moved to Japan.

And Minnerbell, it makes my ears cringe to even imagine a Moluccan screaming into a microphone

Nitheninny, My dog Snickers likes to lay his head on his toys like your dog is doing in the picture. It is really cute. When he gets a new toy he uses it as a pillow for the first month or so and then he slowly starts to rip a hole in it and then he eventually pulls all of the stuffing out of it.

Yeeaaaah see that picture is nice and cute until you realize that the 'toy' she is laying on is actually a stuffed animal one of my best friends got me for my birthday. My sister-in-law sent me that picture via text message and asked if she should take it away. At first I said yes, but the more I looked at it, the cuter it got, so eventually I just caved and said she could have it.

Yeeaaaah see that picture is nice and cute until you realize that the 'toy' she is laying on is actually a stuffed animal one of my best friends got me for my birthday. My sister-in-law sent me that picture via text message and asked if she should take it away. At first I said yes, but the more I looked at it, the cuter it got, so eventually I just caved and said she could have it.

:laugh: It is cute. I would have caved too. For some reason my dog knows the difference between a stuffed animal and a dog toy. He will not take stuffed animals unless we actually encourage him to and convince him that he is allowed to have it and use it as a toy (it became a bit of a problem when my sister bought him a "toy" but since it was actually a stuffed animal he would not take it; after about 5 minutes of throwing the stuffed animal around telling him to "get it" he finally started to play with it.) :rolleyes:

nitheninny - talk about coincidence, the other day I met a cat whose name was Chairman Meow. It was quite humorous, and I didn't expect to find another cat named the same so soon.

I'll have to see what photos I can find of my pets. :)

Proof that labs DON'T chew their food! She swallowed the donut whole! I have to admit I was pretty impressed.
Her name is Kia, she's a lab X sharpei X random other breeds

Attachments

• 25758_10150174676630314_746380313_12018608_6223249_s.jpg
    25758_10150174676630314_746380313_12018608_6223249_s.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
All my babies! Going to miss them so much while I'm in school.:(

Confetti & Bugsy

DSCF6832.JPG Bugsy6.JPG

Angel & Valerie
Angel.jpg Valerie2.jpg

Ginger
Ginger27.JPG

Riley before & Riley after
Riley55.jpg DSCN0903.JPG

Riley begging for cookie & wet Riley running towards camera:
DSCN0889.JPG Riley24.jpg

And I don't actually own this one, but it was the first horse I ever got to work with outside of veterinary work. He's called 'Moonshine' and was quite the character. I'm the one on the right:
IMG_0754-1.jpg

:laugh: "I'm the one on the right"

@nitheninny - I have 2 dogs named Roxy and Zeke, too! What a crazy random happenstance!

This is Roxy and some dork :)rolleyes:)
roxy.jpg

This is Lily, the neediest dog in the world.
lily.jpg

This is my best buddy, Zeke - he usually looks less stupid.
IMG_2742.jpg

This is widdle Sophie. I don't have a grown up picture, but she's a manipulative, spoiled little brat. And completely adorable.
IMG_0342.jpg

We also have a 5th dog, Owen, but he's new and I don't have any pictures. He looks like a giant, slightly brain-damaged version of Lily.

This is Niko, but we just call her kitty. She's a demon!
kitty.jpg

And this is my buddy Mohinder. He's the only one who can come to vet school with me :(
IMG_0209.jpg

Sorry the pictures are so big - my camera makes huge files.