ZOOM 2020 - A WW Game At High Speeds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WildZoo

Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
tenor.gif

Here we will take a break from the daily monotony of quarantine to find ourselves reinvigorated, energized, and ready to take over the world...or at least get through our to-do lists. You might have read this game title and immediately thought about that kind of shady program that everyone is using for, well, everything these days, and I wouldn't blame you for that. But we're not here to zoom. We're here to ZOOM.

We're here to GO FAST.

The name of the game is SPEED and your goal is to rid yourself of those who would s l o w you down for good.

Each day you will yeet one player who you deem to be too slow to keep up with the pack (wolf reference intended?) and each night you will ZOOM among yourselves, drawing what ~mechanical~ benefits you can from this setup that was designed just as fast as it is being delivered to you RIGHT. NOW.

Note that days will be 36 hours long (save day 1, which will be slightly longer). But dubz, you might ask, isn't this game supposed to be fast??

Yes. And 36 hour days will surely seem to go by fast when you are playing WW instead of sitting in zoom meetings. So let's kick it into gear, shall we?​

Members don't see this ad.

The Rules of the Road - Please Read CAREFULLY

1. A reminder of the participation rules: 5 posts per DAY cycle (i.e. 5 posts minimum during the 36 hour game day, night posts do not count towards the minimum). Day vote and night action submission daily. Night actions are compulsory unless otherwise stated. Missing one of these requirements will earn you a warning. There will be no second warning.

2. No actions may be used on yourself. No actions may be used on the same player consecutively.

3. Day closes sharply on deadline. This means that if your vote is SDN timestamped at deadline, it will not be counted, as I cannot distinguish between a vote that happened at 10:00:00 and 10:00:59. This does not change unless the mods announce an official deadline change.

4. You may each open a PM with the person below you on the roster. The person at the bottom of the roster CANNOT open a PM with the person at the top. Tough luck.

5. Please do not direct quote or copy/paste anything from mod PMs. Player PMs are fair game.

6. You may edit posts but please do not edit votes. Remember to unvote. Remember to format your votes correctly, either bolded or #########surrounded by numerous octothorpes#########. Please use the terms "vote" or "yeet".

7. If you have questions please direct them to the mods in your role PM. Questions will likely not be answered on thread.

8. If you require a sub, please contact the mods directly, and do not discuss it on the thread.

9. I reserve the right to add rules here whenever I feel like it. I will direct you to any new additions.

Reactions: 1 user
It is now Day 1. Yeet closes at 9pm EDT (8pm central/7pm mountain/6pm fantasy land) on Saturday, 9/5/20.

PLEASE HOLD YOUR POSTS UNTIL @kaydubs POSTS THE TOC

Take some time to read the opening post and rules above while you wait.

1. @Ms Procrastinator
2. @Animal Midwife
3. @killerleaf
4. @Coopah
5. @itsrocky
6. @genny
7. @Cyndia
8. @SARdoghandler
9. @allieh8607
10. @Doggo Labs
11. @Barkley13
12. @ddstothecor

Spec
1. @BigCats
2. @WonderingStudent
3. @Lawpy
4. @Sunbodi
5. @alissa14
6. @SportPonies

Your mods are myself, @kaydubs, and @cubsrule4e
Collectively we are...cubbalubbadubdub​

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
dds rolling in with the hard joke punches already :heckyeah:

Members don't see this ad :)
Rng yeet dds

Oh dear, I didn't know you had a claim on AM, does Mel know?
Oh no no no, it's much more complex than that.

(Sega) Genesis 1
In the beginning, STL created WW. And WW was without flavor, and mechanics; and abandonment was upon the face of the forum. And the Spirit of STL moved upon the face of the pre-vet forum.

And STL said, "Let there be heavy mechanics", and there was heavy mechanics. And STL saw the heavy mechanics, that it was good: and STL divided the heavy mechanics from the simple strategy. And STL called the heavy mechanics "roles", and the simple strategy he called "vanilla." And the abilities and the vanillas were made the first day.

And STL said, "Let there be a separation in the midst of the forum, and let it divide the mod from the players."And it was so. And STL called the separation "modchat." And modchat and dubz were added the second day.

And STL said, "Let the forum under the modchat be gathered together unto one place, and let the thread appear." And it was so. And STL called the thread "signups" and the gathering together of the numbers called he "groups." And STL saw that it was good.

And STL said, "Let WW bring forth players, the meat of the game, yielding many shocking and humorous interaction yet to come, who vote is in itself, upon the thread." And it was so. And STL saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the third day.

And STL said, "Let there be game thread in WW to divide the casual chat from the gameplay; and let them be for tagged, for vote cycles, kill cycles, and twilights: And let them be for modposts in WW to give guidance upon the thread." And it was so. And STL made two great cycles; the vote cycle to rule the Day, and the kills cycle to rule the Night: he made [insert] closed; results pending also. And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the life from the death: and STL saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

And STL said, "Let there be dds, and every dry pun and quick jip that he may utter, will have the thread reacting with likes and support: and STL saw that it was good. And STL blessed him, saying, "Be active, and fill pre-vet with Lounge strategy." And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

And STL said, "Let WW bring forth Paws after his kind, with wolf sweeping, and every powervillaging strategy." And it was so. And STL saw that it was good.

And STL said, "Let us make Mel in my image, after my likeness: and let him have dominion over the noobs of the winter, and over the veterans of the past, and over the cows, and over all WW, and over every cow that launches in the thread." So STL created Mel in his own image, in the image of STL created he him; cheezit and axolotl created he him.

And STL saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were Night 0 and Sega Day 1.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
And STL said, "Let us make Mel in my image, after my likeness: and let him have dominion over the noobs of the winter, and over the veterans of the past, and over the cows, and over all WW, and over every cow that launches in the thread." So STL created Mel in his own image, in the image of STL created he him; cheezit and axolotl created he him.
:barf:

Also, did you just call DDS a sea monster? Or a birdbrain? :confused:

• Hmm
:barf:

Also, did you just call DDS a sea monster? Or a birdbrain? :confused:
He's a powerful beast with a different history than the other mentioned people. I mean just look at his avatar.

• Haha

(Sega) Genesis 1
In the beginning, STL created WW. And WW was without flavor, and mechanics; and abandonment was upon the face of the forum. And the Spirit of STL moved upon the face of the pre-vet forum.

And STL said, "Let there be heavy mechanics", and there was heavy mechanics. And STL saw the heavy mechanics, that it was good: and STL divided the heavy mechanics from the simple strategy. And STL called the heavy mechanics "roles", and the simple strategy he called "vanilla." And the abilities and the vanillas were made the first day.

And STL said, "Let there be a separation in the midst of the forum, and let it divide the mod from the players."And it was so. And STL called the separation "modchat." And modchat and dubz were added the second day.

And STL said, "Let the forum under the modchat be gathered together unto one place, and let the thread appear." And it was so. And STL called the thread "signups" and the gathering together of the numbers called he "groups." And STL saw that it was good.

And STL said, "Let WW bring forth players, the meat of the game, yielding many shocking and humorous interaction yet to come, who vote is in itself, upon the thread." And it was so. And STL saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the third day.

And STL said, "Let there be game thread in WW to divide the casual chat from the gameplay; and let them be for tagged, for vote cycles, kill cycles, and twilights: And let them be for modposts in WW to give guidance upon the thread." And it was so. And STL made two great cycles; the vote cycle to rule the Day, and the kills cycle to rule the Night: he made [insert] closed; results pending also. And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the life from the death: and STL saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

And STL said, "Let there be dds, and every dry pun and quick jip that he may utter, will have the thread reacting with likes and support: and STL saw that it was good. And STL blessed him, saying, "Be active, and fill pre-vet with Lounge strategy." And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

And STL said, "Let WW bring forth Paws after his kind, with wolf sweeping, and every powervillaging strategy." And it was so. And STL saw that it was good.

And STL saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were Night 0 and Sega Day 1.
Holy **** I don't even know what to do with this level of lore

(Sega) Genesis 1

I am well and truly dead. Where's that best post award...

Also I like that I came into being at the same time as modchat :laugh: I think I was his first co-mod.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

(Sega) Genesis 1

This was a wild ride from start to finish

(Sega) Genesis 1

Did you have this prepared already in case the situation was right for it?

Did you have this prepared already in case the situation was right for it?
I wish I could say yes since that would've meant less time hunched over my laptop, but I was only recently inspired by Coop's post.

• Haha
In other news, I am on call at my clinic until Tuesday morning and was already out twice last night on top of my regular shifts. I will do my best to be around when I can, but it might be spotty at best for the first couple cycles here

I forgot to tell you to include mods in your PMs. Please include mods in your PMs. We're lonely.
I guess that means I should start one to provide entertainment to the mods. Please hold while I find whoever the **** I'm allowed to chat with.

• Care
  • Haha
Not a yeti?
No, I guess when I hear "yeti" I think of the one in Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer....lol

Beautiful cat, but seems as if sitting in eternal judgement that everything around him is bad. very bad. like his heart is two sizes too small...

• Haha
No, I guess when I hear "yeti" I think of the one in Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer....lol

Beautiful cat, but seems as if sitting in eternal judgement that everything around him is bad. very bad. like his heart is two sizes too small...
He can’t help having resting bitch face. I sympathize, since I apparently have resting panic face, which is made so much worse by this pandemic when I wear a mask and people can only see my eyes. My coworkers finally stopped asking me if everything is ok, then I went on vacation and everyone forgot that I basically look like the world is about to end at any moment and the “are you ok?” questions are back.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users