2011-2012 LSU - Shreveport Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I called today and told the guy on the phone my situation and he told me to send in this form. Fingers crossed, but not counting on it.

Please keep us updated on what happens!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would you know if the deadline has passed? On the waitlist, so don't know if I will be able to get in on time (or at all).

Would you know if the deadline has passed? On the waitlist, so don't know if I will be able to get in on time (or at all).

As far as my understanding goes, the Camp Tiger application deadline is April 27th. I'm not exactly sure if they ever open any more spots up for people accepted later on though.

New possible alternative for capital punishment: Put person on acceptable list indefinitely.

No kidding... Does anyone know what the committee meeting last week was about ? Has anyone been accepted / rejected recently?

from the facebook group for lsu med shreveport there are about 82 people already in it for a class of approx 106. I'm not sure if others have accepted and just don't have facebook but it seems as if this year throughout the med school process people are hanging onto their one acceptance

Is this the group you were talking about? It only shows 38 members for me. :confused:

Great technique for finding out how many spots are open, btw! I feel like I'm beating the system.

that's the old group. there's an "official" group now

Fellow Acceptable Lister checking in. Got an acceptance letter today! To other Acceptable Listers, there is still hope!

Question for the seasoned vets of the board:

I will accept the offer from Shreveport, my deadline to do this is May 4th. But what if I were to receive an acceptance from LSUNO after that date, say May 20th. Is NOLA still an option? Or am I committed to Shreveport and ruling out New Orleans when I accept their offer?

Fellow Acceptable Lister checking in. Got an acceptance letter today! To other Acceptable Listers, there is still hope!

I will accept the offer from Shreveport, my deadline to do this is May 4th. But what if I were to receive an acceptance from LSUNO after that date, say May 20th. Is NOLA still an option? Or am I committed to Shreveport and ruling out New Orleans when I accept their offer?

You could still take a waitlist offer from NOLA. You might be out a $100 deposit, but that is it.

that's the old group. there's an "official" group now

Would you have URL by any chance?

Congrats! Did you get a call first or just a letter?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

What part of the state do you live in??

No phone call, just a letter in the mail.

@aquarius, I live in Lafayette, LA

Could I ask you the date on the letter XD?

So has anyone else heard of anyone getting accepted off of the acceptable list recently?

So has anyone else heard of anyone getting accepted off of the acceptable list recently?

Nope!!! This is the worst! I am on the acceptable list as well. Its like waiting for a Christmas that might not come ha.

30 MCAT
3.6 Biomedical Science
Interviewed in March (last round) (late application)

27 MCAT 3.3 undergrad GPA, 3.8 graduate GPA

Another question for the people wait listed at Shreveport:

• Do you have any other acceptances? If so, how many? Where?
  • Are you on any other wait lists? If so, how many? Where?

NOLA is supposed to be sending out letters sometime this week or next week so hopefully that will open up some more spots in shreveport.

I was getting emails from shreveport admissions like every week from october to mid january and then it stopped for a month. Then i sent an update to my application in mid february and got a confirmation it was receieved. Since then, no emails, phone calls, or letters.

I know they are done interviewing but I'm wondering if this is normal or not? Why have I not gotten a rejection letter like some other people I know. I feel like my app got lost but this could be a normal situation so i thought i would ask before calling them.

I was getting emails from shreveport admissions like every week from october to mid january and then it stopped for a month. Then i sent an update to my application in mid february and got a confirmation it was receieved. Since then, no emails, phone calls, or letters.

I know they are done interviewing but I'm wondering if this is normal or not? Why have I not gotten a rejection letter like some other people I know. I feel like my app got lost but this could be a normal situation so i thought i would ask before calling them.

It does seems like an odd situation. I want to say that a rejection is the only possibility only because they are done interviewing, and from what I can gather, you have not interviewed yet. But I would definitely call them and confirm.

I am in the EXACT same boat as you. I sent them something in Feb and received a confirmation but have not heard anything since as well. Let me know if you find out anything.

So i'm assuming the committee's meeting again today... Let's hear the good news if/when y'all get it!

So i'm assuming the committee's meeting again today... Let's hear the good news if/when y'all get it!

A bunch of people from NOLA have been recently getting acceptances. Hopefully this will open up some spots for Shreveport!

So did they meet? Anyone receive any letters and/or calls?

This waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting some more is killing me! :confused:

I know about 4 people plus myself on the waiting list, and have not heard anything from anyone yet

Received the call today from Dr. Kennedy! Accepted! I hope mine is the first of many others.

So even though I'm still in the "waiting group"....I have a friend who got a call about an hour ago saying she was accepted.

She's going to New Orleans so it doesn't really matter LOL. But at least we know know the list is moving and calls are being made!!

Where is my call Shreveport? Show some love please!

The suspense is killing me! Does anyone know when the majority of waitlisters are accepted? April? May? June?

I am currently waiting on the Acceptable list at Shreveport. In my final undergrad semester I did poorly making a 3.14 GPA is it mandatory that I send my final transcript to the school? How badly will it hurt my chances?

I am currently waiting on the Acceptable list at Shreveport. In my final undergrad semester I did poorly making a 3.14 GPA is it mandatory that I send my final transcript to the school? How badly will it hurt my chances?

You will have to send them your final transcript if you are accepted, but I don't think you are under an obligation to send them one while you are on a waitlist.

So how exactly does this process work? Does the committee meet every few weeks to discuss who to take from the waitlist at one time? Or do they continuously accept people throughout the next couple of months?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D

Anyone concerned about the proposed cuts that could force LSU Shreveport to close?

I'm applying for Fall 2013 and I am very concerned. My aunt, a public finance lawyer, is heavily involved in the recent legislative sessions. A few days ago she was like, "Are you sure you want to stay in the state for med school? I'd get out and take more loans just to be in an institution that is more secure." The cuts being made to higher ed are drastic, and according to her, even if the medical schools aren't forced to close, they are feeling the blow and are worried about accreditation and resources.

http://www.lsusystem.edu/index.php/...al-nursing-schools-threatened-by-budget-cuts/

I could still see myself staying in LA for med school, because I'd be grateful to get in anywhere and I think my best shot is as an in-state applicant, but I will stay on the lookout for budget news. =/

I'm applying for Fall 2013 and I am very concerned. My aunt, a public finance lawyer, is heavily involved in the recent legislative sessions. A few days ago she was like, "Are you sure you want to stay in the state for med school? I'd get out and take more loans just to be in an institution that is more secure." The cuts being made to higher ed are drastic, and according to her, even if the medical schools aren't forced to close, they are feeling the blow and are worried about accreditation and resources.

http://www.lsusystem.edu/index.php/...al-nursing-schools-threatened-by-budget-cuts/

I could still see myself staying in LA for med school, because I'd be grateful to get in anywhere and I think my best shot is as an in-state applicant, but I will stay on the lookout for budget news. =/

Great info. This is definitely scary stuff, I wonder what would happen to current students? I doubt LSU-NO medicine would face closure though - they just started building that monster of a teaching hospital.

I don't get why there isn't more chatter in regards to these cuts...

It is too depressing to think about. LSU is painting the bleakest picture they can to squeeze as much money as they can out of the state. It doesn't make too much sense to focus on all the worst case scenarios. I highly doubt they will shut down Shreveport's med school. It is more likely that things like MD/PhD & rural track get cut and raising tuition sky high (~25k) like they have been trying to do the last few years. I am not sure how they are going to justify closing shreveport when they are asking for $$ for the new university hospital in NO. I can see them maybe closing down the nursing school in NO, as there are several others in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.