2012-2013 East Carolina University (Brody) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw dang...received a letter in the mail yesterday (Friday) from ECU. Rejected outright. :( Interviewed on 8/23. Shucks, I thought Brody and I were a good fit...maybe I didn't interview as well as I'd hoped. Good luck to the rest of you; Brody's a great place with a true commitment to the underserved of North Carolina.

Rejected as well. I also thought the interview went fine and that I fit in with the school's mission. Good luck to those still waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

Rejected as well. I also thought the interview went fine and that I fit in with the school's mission. Good luck to those still waiting!

When did you interview? If you don't mind sharing! Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
So have any acceptances or rejections been given out for interview dates in or after the last week of September, or are they just now finishing up the August interviews?

So have any acceptances or rejections been given out for interview dates in or after the last week of September, or are they just now finishing up the August interviews?

I think things will slow down for you guys over the next couple weeks as far as hearing anything. We have Thanksgiving Break next week so I doubt the adcom will meet that many more times before January since we only have two more weeks of class left after break is over.

I think things will slow down for you guys over the next couple weeks as far as hearing anything. We have Thanksgiving Break next week so I doubt the adcom will meet that many more times before January since we only have two more weeks of class left after break is over.

I think there would still be meetings in the first two weeks of December . At most universities, the faculty isn't on vacation just because students are. I know ecu at least doesent have faculty holiday until mid December if I'm correct. So there is hope for news guys.

Did someone on an earlier post say that the admissions committee meets on the 15th of every month? If not, how often does the committee meet?

I received acceptance letter on Saturday, November 17th and interviewed October 29th.

I received acceptance letter on Saturday, November 17th and interviewed October 29th.

congrats!

My interview was on Oct 24...so I'm assuming they've already looked at my app, considering you interviewed after me and have received your acceptance. eeek...that makes me nervous!

congrats!

My interview was on Oct 24...so I'm assuming they've already looked at my app, considering you interviewed after me and have received your acceptance. eeek...that makes me nervous!

I interviewed on 9/25 and I still haven't heard back yet - they've looked over my app twice now and nothing. My chances for an acceptance are looking bleak at this point.

Did they send out more acceptances on November 15th? The website is still not updated so I was just wondering.

Members don't see this ad :)
I loved ECU and have a few friends that are M1 tht love it! Their mission and faculty make it my top choice. But really hate waiting... I interviewed 10/8, and my current status is they will be reviewing my application in 'near future' and may make a decision at that point.
Would be the best news of the year!

I loved ECU and have a few friends that are M1 tht love it! Their mission and faculty make it my top choice. But really hate waiting... I interviewed 10/8, and my current status is they will be reviewing my application in 'near future' and may make a decision at that point.
Would be the best news of the year!

How did you get this status- did you talk to someone in the office?

congrats!

They said it normally takes 6 weeks before they review the application when I was there. I am a "non-traditional student" and ECU is my top choice, I made that really clear in my interview and supplemental so that may have made a difference. I wouldn't get nervous yet!

more offers out, almost halfway through:

Received 803 AMCAS applications
Received 655 Supplementary applications
Interviewed 306 applicants
Made 53 offers
(Generally it takes 100-125 offers to fill a class)

Does anybody know when the letters were mailed out for the new acceptances?

My friend got in last week. And his was mailed the 16th. Not too sure his stats.

I imagine the next set of acceptances will go out around the first of the month?

Do they normally go out on the weekends or would they wait till next Monday?

Did someone on an earlier post say that the admissions committee meets on the 15th of every month? If not, how often does the committee meet?

I believe that they meet on the 15th and 30th of every month! As for how long after those dates you may get the letter, I got mine on 10/18, 3 days after they met (although I didn't check the day before, so it could have been earlier) which means they probably mail them out on the 15th or 16th.

Feel free to PM me with any questions!

I called yesterday to check on my status and I was told that they will be meeting this week.

Looks like they have sent out 4 more acceptances this past meeting. I think they might have forgotten to update the date.

Received 857 AMCAS applications
Received 704 Supplementary applications
Interviewed 336 applicants
Made 57 offers

Looks like they have sent out 4 more acceptances this past meeting. I think they might have forgotten to update the date.

Received 857 AMCAS applications
Received 704 Supplementary applications
Interviewed 336 applicants
Made 57 offers

I can't believe they only made four new offers after the latest meeting; that's such a small number.

Also, I'm miffed that they've looked over my application multiple times now and still don't think I'm good enough. I feel like my stats are competitive :(

I can't believe they only made four new offers after the latest meeting; that's such a small number.

Also, I'm miffed that they've looked over my application multiple times now and still don't think I'm good enough. I feel like my stats are competitive :(

Are we sure thats even the December 1st update? I feel like they would not foget to update the date...

m good enough. I feel like my stats are competitive :([/QUOTE]

Humbling process isn't it? And its def not just ab stats. I'm sure most of the applicants to ecu have pretty similar stats to you, myself included.

Humbling process isn't it? And its def not just ab stats. I'm sure most of the applicants to ecu have pretty similar stats to you, myself included.

On their class profile description, it says the average MCAT is a 28 and some change. I mean, my ECs would have to be significantly worse than other applicants', or there is a red flag on my application somewhere..

On their class profile description, it says the average MCAT is a 28 and some change. I mean, my ECs would have to be significantly worse than other applicants', or there is a red flag on my application somewhere..

ECU places less emphasis on the MCAT score than most. That being said, that average is also affected by some students that were part of 'guaranteed' entrance programs that took the MCAT just because I believe its still requested that you do or they just wanted to see how they would do. I know of several people in my class with 36+. People come from fascinating backgrounds that are here, I would venture to say that many of those people that are around that average or below it have some outstanding reason why that is such, or they overcame adversity to get to where they are.

Like someone said, it's a humbling process.. you can never be 'sure' that you're going to be accepted anywhere.. there's just too many qualified candidates to choose from. Best of luck, hope you get good news soon!

I called yesterday to check on my status and I was told that they will be meeting this week.

Is that the 4 new acceptances they made in the update or is this a new meeting? Also does anybody know how often they review applications they already reviewed?

I got an update on my application today and was told that a decision was made and that I will receive it in the mail in a few days. I interviewed on October 3. Soo nervous. To help ease my nerves, are they sending out rejections yet for those who interviewed in early October? Does anyone happen to know? Thanks!

I got an update on my application today and was told that a decision was made and that I will receive it in the mail in a few days. I interviewed on October 3. Soo nervous. To help ease my nerves, are they sending out rejections yet for those who interviewed in early October? Does anyone happen to know? Thanks!

I interviewed on September 25th and I haven't been rejected yet. You probably have good news on the way.

I interviewed on september 24th and haven't been rejected either. They are probably not sending out rejections yet! Good luck!

interviewed sep 5th and nothing. I think there is a post interview rejection a page or two back.

Do you guys think the adcoms looked at applicants who interviewed in early november yet?

Congratulations! I interviewed oct 23rd so this makes me excited and nervous all at the same time.

Do you guys think the adcoms looked at applicants who interviewed in early november yet?

I'm not sure they say it takes about 6 weeks from your interview to be reviewed though.

tarheel1408, why in your MDapps you have "Interviewed,Waitlisted" for UNC and ECU? Were you waitlisted at both schools? I thought they dont waitlist until spring

Rejected pre-interview. I've wondered for a while if I messed up my chances by mentioning in my secondary that I want to go into emergency medicine. Oh well...

Have any re-applicants who were complete after October 12th been offered an interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.