2019-2020 Oakland (Beaumont)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just received a II invite...does anyone have any info/details about it. I'm OOS and don't know too much about it
Congrats!!! When were you complete?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Cancelled my interview here, good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any II this week??
I was expecting yesterday or today.
Do they send every week or every other week?
I still dont give up on this school lol

Reactions: 1 users
WL received. Interviewed early January

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accepted yesterday!!!!! Also interviewed 1/10

Reactions: 4 users
When do you guys think they’ll respond to the people who interviewed on 1/17? Next week?

II as well. Last two available dates of the cycle 3/6 and 3/13

II here also! Super excited about this school

Members don't see this ad :)
How about me Oakland??

Reactions: 3 users
II as well. Last two available dates of the cycle 3/6 and 3/13
Oh that's good to hear. I know lots of schools are ending their interviews this month. Hopefully some of these people without II's can get a chance.

So is no news still good news?

Just got an II. I am pumped! but do you guys think its for a wait list spot because I don't wanna fly from the other side of the country just to be waitlisted? Thanks

Just got an II. I am pumped! but do you guys think its for a wait list spot because I don't wanna fly from the other side of the country just to be waitlisted? Thanks
Would you mind sharing When you submitted your secondary?

I received an A last week (1/31) after being waitlisted (1/16). I interviewed 12/12. Don't give up hope on the WL!! They weren't lying when they said they review the WL constantly haha

Reactions: 5 users
Hello, I've been hearing many great things about the Beaumont Health System and I was wondering if anyone could speak to why it's so great? What makes it so outstanding and how is it differentiated from other medical schools and their teaching hospitals?

Hello, I've been hearing many great things about the Beaumont Health System and I was wondering if anyone could speak to why it's so great? What makes it so outstanding and how is it differentiated from other medical schools and their teaching hospitals?

A simple take on it: Rotations are done at the #2, #3, and #4 hospitals in Michigan (Royal Oak, Troy, and Grosse Pointe, respectively). Majority is done at Royal Oak. This is just behind the UMich hospital system which sits at #1. Also, Beaumont Royal Oak is ranked nationally in 11 different specialties.

Do you guys think I have enough time to make it to the airport If my flight is at 6:45???

Do you guys think I have enough time to make it to the airport If my flight is at 6:45???

My flight was at 7:30 and they actually advised me to not go on the school tour bc Inwas cutting it close. I made it in time with an hr to spare but I dunno. Maybe pick a later flight just to be safe.

Accepted!! Submitted 07/30. II 01/06. Interviewed on 01/17. LizzyM 69. IS.
Finally after a string of WLs I can finally unclench.

This may have been asked before but is the one hour seminar important? I’ve gotten it three different times now. If u go, does it affect ur chances at all?

This may have been asked before but is the one hour seminar important? I’ve gotten it three different times now. If u go, does it affect ur chances at all?

I highly doubt it. I also have received it a few times as well. That's their way of telling me, " this is the closest you will ever get to our school". Lol

Reactions: 2 users
I

I highly doubt that it affects your chances. I got accepted and did not attend any though I might in the future for financial aid purposes

I highly doubt it. I also have received it a few times as well. That's their way of telling me, " this is the closest you will ever get to our school". Lol

What is this? Did it come with the interview invite? Or part of the tour?

Do you think they will send more IIs?
I am giving up. I didn't hear anything from this school. Submitted on 8/17/19

Some just went out this week. People who pass on these II will probably get redistributed. Dates were March 6 & 13.

Just want to clarify something: accepting the offer of admission on the OUWB portal does not mean you commit, right? You ultimately choose to commit to one school later in April through AMCAS?

Just want to clarify something: accepting the offer of admission on the OUWB portal does not mean you commit, right? You ultimately choose to commit to one school later in April through AMCAS?

Yessir. Non-binding

Any of y’all getting your plane tickets for second look soon? I just got mine a few days ago. I’m pumped!

I never did it and I'm a current student. It's just for more info but it won't affect your chances of getting admitted!

Would interviewing in Feb vs March make a big difference (ie. harder to get a spot if interviewing in March)?

Would interviewing in Feb vs March make a big difference (ie. harder to get a spot if interviewing in March)?

When I interviewed on the 2/7 they specifically said they would accept people from my interview day and we were not all interviewing for a waitlist. With that being said, they may accept fewer people in the last interviews. We will never know.

II today! IS complete on 9/6. Absolutely was not expecting any more invites this cycle so I’m stoked! :D

II about 10 this morning! IS primary complete early nov, secondary complete mid nov. dont know if it mattered but i sent an update in mid jan. Yesterday was what I thought my last interview so I guess I'm still powerin thru! only date available was mid-march for me

Current OUWB med students:

Can anyone share some info on the school's financial aid package? Is the whole cost of attendance (300+K as mentioned in the website) all student loans or do they offer some scholarship? I know that they have merit based scholarship. I'm interested in knowing about their need based scholarship.

During my interview day, I got the impression that there's limited scholarship available as it is a fairly new school.

Thank you in advance for the response!

When I got my post-interview waitlist email in November it said “the committee will tier the waitlist into two tiers - first tier and second tier.” Does this imply i’m either first or second tier? I heard they have a third tier as well - is there a different waitlist email for those placed on third?

Also, I absolutely loved my interview and this school. I really feel like I fit in well here- does anyone know if they’re receptive to Letters of Intent? Thanks!

Has anyone been accepted form the post-ii waitlist yet?

@bernice_anders they're definitely receptive to letters of intent! I remember it was mentioned on interview day that any LOIs/updates are accepted.

When I got my post-interview waitlist email in November it said “the committee will tier the waitlist into two tiers - first tier and second tier.” Does this imply i’m either first or second tier? I heard they have a third tier as well - is there a different waitlist email for those placed on third?

Also, I absolutely loved my interview and this school. I really feel like I fit in well here- does anyone know if they’re receptive to Letters of Intent? Thanks!

I just interviewed there and asked them. They accept letters of interest/intent

For those of you that sent a letter of intent, did you send it as a PDF or email? And is it better to address it to a specific person or the admissions office in general? Thanks in advance for your help!

For those of you that sent a letter of intent, did you send it as a PDF or email? And is it better to address it to a specific person or the admissions office in general? Thanks in advance for your help!
I uploaded mine to the portal. You may then send an email to the admissions team to make sure they received it. I think it's better to address admissions committee than a specific person in your letter of intent.

Does anyone know about how many people are accepted from each interview day? Like 1 in 4?

I uploaded mine to the portal. You may then send an email to the admissions team to make sure they received it. I think it's better to address admissions committee than a specific person in your letter of intent.
Thanks so much! That is really helpful and good to know :)