2019-2020 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was born and raised in Oregon for 18 years, did my undergrad in Washington for 4 years and now have been living in Washington and working in Idaho for the past year. I am 100% for sure I want to go into either family or internal medicine and stick around in the Pacific Northwest somewhere working in a MUA... Would this bode well for a potential interview/acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

Received an e-mail advising to be on the lookout for updates and that they received my secondary.

"Once complete, it can take approximately 4-6 weeks for your application to be reviewed by the Admission Committee. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out."

Reactions: 1 user
Received an e-mail advising to be on the lookout for updates and that they received my secondary.

"Once complete, it can take approximately 4-6 weeks for your application to be reviewed by the Admission Committee. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out."
+1

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish the interface was better.

"Monitor the status of your application and any missing recommendation letters or documents by clicking on the “Checklist” hyperlink in the Self-Service site."

No where do I see the "Checklist" hyperlink, "Application Status", definitely.

Anyone still waiting on secondary? I was verified 7/5

Reactions: 2 users

"Monitor the status of your application and any missing recommendation letters or documents by clicking on the “Checklist” hyperlink in the Self-Service site."

Sucks that the application status page (one of the links on the second horizontal bar) just says their current decision (so since they're reviewing the secondary, it just says something like no decision) totally agree though it's quite unhelpful on our end.

Yes, I called them yesterday and they said that you have to pay the fee and then forward them your AACOMAS fee waiver. Once they process it, they will issue you a refund.

Oh, good to know! I had just sent them an email about getting the AACOMAS fee waiver since in the email it says to email them the aacomas fee waiver proof and such. Thought they would go in and waive that before paying and having to deal with the hassle of refunding the money.
Thanks for the input.

Email received that my app is complete!

Oh, good to know! I had just sent them an email about getting the AACOMAS fee waiver since in the email it says to email them the aacomas fee waiver proof and such. Thought they would go in and waive that before paying and having to deal with the hassle of refunding the money.
Thanks for the input.

"Your request for a supplemental application fee waiver has been approved. You will need to pay the supplemental application fee at the time of submitting your application. The fee will be refunded to you within a two to three week period following submission of your application. "

Received this just now so ayyy there ya go

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get an email like 14 hrs after secondary submission that was titled "New Self Service Account" and gave you new credentials to log in with?

Did anyone get an email like 14 hrs after secondary submission that was titled "New Self Service Account" and gave you new credentials to log in with?

I got that today (submitted secondary on Saturday). Their applicant portal is kinda odd haha.

I got that today (submitted secondary on Saturday). Their applicant portal is kinda odd haha.
I don’t like the interface at all haha. Did you do anything once you got the email? Does this mean that we need to submit the secondary again? Haha

I don’t like the interface at all haha. Did you do anything once you got the email? Does this mean that we need to submit the secondary again? Haha

I didn’t do anything, but haven’t had much time to look at it since I’ve been working all day. I might take a peek at it again tonight and see if it requires anything o_O

I saw your post on the other forum, but thought I would answer it here for others applying this year and might miss it. After your secondary is sent in PNWU creates a Self Service Account for you. Basically they are putting you in their system and you will be able to see certain updates. For instance, if you are offered an interview, are placed on the waitlist or are accepted. In these cases (except if you are placed on the waitlist or rejected) you will recieve a phone call from the school before they update this account. If you are placed on the waitlist then this is how you are notified. Once you are accepted, you will use this login for certain other tasks like paying your financial aid. I hope this clears it up for you, if you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will hopefully be able to give you an answer. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Have any of you taken CASPer yet? Trying to decide if I should take it now or wait until I see if I get the interview. This is the only school that requires it that I am applying to (besides DMU that "recommends" it). Any thoughts?

Have any of you taken CASPer yet? Trying to decide if I should take it now or wait until I see if I get the interview. This is the only school that requires it that I am applying to (besides DMU that "recommends" it). Any thoughts?
I did but that's because two other schools required it, while for two others it's optional. I ended sending to all four; if I don't get in, it most likely won't be due to CASPer (since they are probably using it for research purposes after they collect enough data).

Does anyone know if you can only submit two letters of recommendation or can you submit more?
According to their website, they will accept an additional three letters in addition to the required letters.

Glad I'm not the only one who couldn't find it. Checked everywhere...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-24 at 7.03.57 AM.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-24 at 7.03.57 AM.png
    261.5 KB · Views: 129
I checked my application status. It went from "No Decision" (7/18) to "Committee" today (7/26)...

Does anyone else's checklist say that they are still missing LOR? Even though you have them attached to your AACOMAS?

Where are we supposed to upload the essay? I am so confused by this secondary application :eek:

Switched over to committee today. Wonder how long it takes before they make a decision.

Denied today. I didnt even have bad stats. I wonder if my rec letters are bad or something...

Do you think its polite to ask them for input on why I got denied?

Do you think its polite to ask them for input on why I got denied?
You definitely can! Reaching out after any rejections can be really helpful. Sometimes they’ll even look over your application again.

You definitely can! Reaching out after any rejections can be really helpful. Sometimes they’ll even look over your application again.
Okay I will email them and find out. Maybe its bc I am OOS.

When did you submit your secondary application?
July 16 recieved 2nd, July 18th submitted, July 19th under review, July 26th this is the status "Deny post-supplement / 7/26/2019"
OOS.

July 16 recieved 2nd, July 18th submitted, July 19th under review, July 26th this is the status "Deny post-supplement / 7/26/2019"
OOS.
Ahh ...sorry to hear about that. I hope your cycle goes well. Not sure if it is because you are OOS since I am OOS and I am still under committee review. It is common for applicants to follow-up with programs to see how their app can be improved if they reapply. Good luck!

Ahh ...sorry to hear about that. I hope your cycle goes well. Not sure if it is because you are OOS since I am OOS and I am still under committee review. It is common for applicants to follow-up with programs to see how their app can be improved if they reapply. Good luck!
I will ask and if they reply back to me I will let you know why I was rejected.

Anyone else's decision say "Pending / 7/26/19"? I haven't really checked my portal since submitting on 7/17, so I don't know if I've even gone into Committee review yet. My status just says "Complete / 7/18/19"

Anyone else's decision say "Pending / 7/26/19"? I haven't really checked my portal since submitting on 7/17, so I don't know if I've even gone into Committee review yet. My status just says "Complete / 7/18/19"
I've been checking everyday. I didn't get "Pending" ---maybe that is good news like pending II??? Mine went from "No Decision" after the complete e-mail and straight to "Committee Review".

I've been checking everyday. I didn't get "Pending" ---maybe that is good news like pending II??? Mine went from "No Decision" after the complete e-mail and straight to "Committee Review".

Hmm interesting. I guess I'll just have to wait and see! I think II's started going out mid-August last year, so we might have to wait a few weeks before we start hearing news.

Reactions: 1 users
Rejections coming out and I still don't even have a secondary!! -_-

AACOMAS verified 7/9, OOS, URM-female...

Anyone else not receive a secondary yet?

Rejections coming out and I still don't even have a secondary!! -_-

AACOMAS verified 7/9, OOS, URM-female...

Anyone else not receive a secondary yet?
I was verified about two weeks ago, nothing yet. They haven’t finished with the current app season yet, so they will probably be processing more in a couple weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
Verified 7/30. Secondary received 7/31.

Just checked my portal and saw that my application is now marked "complete"