2019-2020 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Secondary submitted... I think?
Did you all get notifications immediately after submitting the secondary with the username/password needed to check your status?
I finished everything and clicked that final "finish" button but so far... nothing. Not even a receipt for having paid?

Members don't see this ad.

Secondary submitted... I think?
Did you all get notifications immediately after submitting the secondary with the username/password needed to check your status?
I finished everything and clicked that final "finish" button but so far... nothing. Not even a receipt for having paid?
I never got a receipt (at least not yet) but I made sure to save it when I made the payment (you never know). I submitted the secondary 08/23 and received a "we received your secondary app" email 08/27. There was an email sent 08/26 that contained login information for their portal.

II an hour ago!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today!! First one of the cycle I’m so relieved! Complete email on 8/14

Reactions: 6 users
I am withdrawing my interview invite this week. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
II today! Complete on 8/13.

Reactions: 1 users
For those with interview invites: How long after your decision changed to "committee" did it take before you received the invite?
Mine changed over the long weekend. It was committee on Friday, and interview this morning.

Congratulations! What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?
My stats were really low. So hopefully people get motivated.
MCAT 503 with cGPA of 3.34!
But I am also in science grad program with a 3.94.

Reactions: 3 users
Portal changed from Committee to Interview this morning! Have yet to receive the actual email for the invite however.

Portal changed from Committee to Interview this morning! Have yet to receive the actual email for the invite however.
when were you complete, if you don't mind me asking? i got the complete status/email on 8/21 so just waiting for that II D:

Last edited:

Want to make sure everyone is aware of the tool at the bottom of the "Residency Placement" tab on this link, as it is new on their website. I don't know another program that has mapped out every single match location and year and specialty like this, but I found it interesting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nah, I don't mind. Like, they're not the worst but not good. NonTrad, MCAT 500, cGPA 3.57 sGPA 3.35. Lots of clinical experience. From Oregon.

Every one of your stats are better than mine hahaha and you are from the PNW, I would say go for it!

Did you apply early? Thanks for the encouragement! I submitted and wax complete a few days ago. When is your interview?

No problem, we're all in this together! I submitted and was complete 8/1, then committee began to review on 8/14 and then i got my interview offer on 9/5! I am scheduled to interview Friday October 11th!

i really want an II from this school..sitting at complete from 8/21. hoping mine goes to committee/II soon fingers crossed lol

No problem, we're all in this together! I submitted and was complete 8/1, then committee began to review on 8/14 and then i got my interview offer on 9/5! I am scheduled to interview Friday October 11th!

I am SO excited for you and I don't even know you!! I have an interview at LECOM on 10/10!! But I really would like to go here because it's at the halfway point between my home town(and my family) and my partner's family.

I am SO excited for you and I don't even know you!! I have an interview at LECOM on 10/10!! But I really would like to go here because it's at the halfway point between my home town(and my family) and my partner's family.

That means so much to me, thanks! I think it's important to coalesce during the stressful time that is the medical school application cycle. You're gonna be great, many people don't have even one interview at this point so you are in a great spot!

That means so much to me, thanks! I think it's important to coalesce during the stressful time that is the medical school application cycle. You're gonna be great, many people don't have even one interview at this point so you are in a great spot!

Same to you! I definitely like the quote from.. I think medical school insiders "Collaboration, not competition". We're all hopefully going to be colleagues one day. You can be hopeful for yourself without wanting others to fail.

today my portal changed from committee to interview how do I set up my invite never got an email??

For those of you that submitted your secondaries, did you receive a confirmation email and/or see a charge in regards to the secondary application fee? I didn't see either... thank you!

For those of you that submitted your secondaries, did you receive a confirmation email and/or see a charge in regards to the secondary application fee? I didn't see either... thank you!

I actually got an email from someone in admissions stating that my essay didn't attach to my secondary and they wanted me to email it to them.

IIa few seeks ago! OOS Interviewing in October hope to see some of you there!

today my portal changed from committee to interview how do I set up my invite never got an email??
It will be 1-3 days, don’t stress about it. Make sure the email you have listen on the self service portal is good, that’s where it will go.

Regretfully I will be turning down my interview. Hope it goes to one of you! Good luck everyone :)

Interviewed here last year and was waitlisted and never got off the waitlist. Hoping to get in this round! :)

Reactions: 4 users
I was in the same boat. We got this!
I remember you from last year's thread :) We got this! Way to push through and keep going!! I am hopeful :) Have you received an interview yet?

I got this email today "After initial review of your application, we think you would be a great addition to Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (PNWU-COM) and would appreciate an opportunity to learn more about you. I noticed that you have not submitted a supplemental application, and I wanted to follow up with you."

I am going back and forth on whether to submit my app or not to PNWU COM. This was a personal email sent to me from Adcom. Did others receive this email? Am wondering if this is actually true or if its being sent to everyone who has not submitted/a way to get more $?

I got this email today "After initial review of your application, we think you would be a great addition to Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (PNWU-COM) and would appreciate an opportunity to learn more about you. I noticed that you have not submitted a supplemental application, and I wanted to follow up with you."

I am going back and forth on whether to submit my app or not to PNWU COM. This was a personal email sent to me from Adcom. Did others receive this email? Am wondering if this is actually true or if its being sent to everyone who has not submitted/a way to get more $?

If you fully intend to attend an interview from PNWU if invited, I don't see why you wouldn't submit a secondary at this point, especially if it does appear to be a personal email from adcom.

If you're still interested in the school, I recommend submitting the secondary and afterwards sending a short thank you/follow up email to that adcom's email directly.

I got the same email. Not going to submit my app though.

My application status changed from “no decision” to “committee” 9/9 and the wait is killing me!! Was anyone else stuck in committee longer than most people on this thread?

What did you decide? I received the same email yesterday and kinda felt like it was a ploy to get more money... I feel like it is super late to submit now.

Current available dates: Bolded are full and by waitlist.

We are currently scheduling interviews for:
September 27, 2019 November 22, 2019 February 28, 2020
October 11, 2019 January 10, 2020 March 20, 2020
October 18, 2019 January 31, 2020 April 3, 2020

Those that noticed their status go to "committee", how long after did you hear about anything? II, rejection?

My application status changed from “no decision” to “committee” 9/9 and the wait is killing me!! Was anyone else stuck in committee longer than most people on this thread?
+1
Mine was changed to committee on the same day. I’m excited to get an II soon

What did you decide? I received the same email yesterday and kinda felt like it was a ploy to get more money... I feel like it is super late to submit now.
I decided to submit it.
I felt the same personally. We'll see what happens