2019-2020 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just submitted my secondary yesterday. How long did it take everyone to receive an email with a temporary login and password?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got an email saying that my mcat is not official. My apps were submitted early July and they were all verified. Did anyone have trouble with this too?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an email saying that my mcat is not official. My apps were submitted early July and they were all verified. Did anyone have trouble with this too?
Weird. Is your MCAT expired?

I just had the same thing happen to me and I took my mcat in May.

Just sent an email back since I’m at work. I’ll let you know if I hear something!
So they emailed me back and said they do have it and will be reviewing my application shortly!

Members don't see this ad :)
II just received, secondary submitted 7/18.

---

Interview dates:

September 27, 2019
October 11, 2019
October 18, 2019
November 22, 2019
January 10, 2020
January 31, 2020
February 28, 2020
March 20, 2020
April 3, 2020

Reactions: 2 users
How long did it take your letters to be posted to their portal from AACOMAS?

I got my interview invite yesterday too. I don’t have the greatest stats with a 3.65 and 507 mcat but.... I guess that’s good enough. Good luck to everyone else waiting on their invite. As a reapplicant, I know this part is the worst. All I can say is if you have any doubts try addressing them until you know you’re in or you’re out. That’s what I did last year and I went from 0 interviews to 4 so far

II yesterday too, submitted 7/10, LM 74

Does anyone know any information regarding the volume of interview invites that this school sends out? I have heard rumors of them historically sending out quite a lot of them, but I am unsure if that is true. Also is there any preference to in-state residents? I have been a WA resident for the past four years after having grown up in Oregon the 18 years prior.
anyone know if they are for or against California residents
not sure if its worth applying here as I'm from Michigan? would appreciate any input
Being from Yakima myself and knowing some of the people affiliated with admissions (or were in the past and they would not be reviewing my app for fairness I am sure if they still are lol) there is an unofficial instate bias. As can be expected. PNWU is based in a heavily medically underserved part of the country owing partly to an immigrant population boom. So they want people who they feel like they can get to stick around. That said if your interest seems genuine thats whats important, and your experiences will hopefully show that. I know students there from OOS. They have some amazing faculty and some not so amazing, but they are all committed to the region and it will show. Honestly some of the most human and biggest hearted physicians i have ever met work there.

Last edited:
Received an interview invite earlier today - im a cali resident!

Reactions: 1 users
Are you sure you had your scores sent over from AAMC?

No interview yet... I wonder what's up. Do they yield protect? My MCAT is like 12 points above their average and GPA is also considerably higher. Lots of extracurriculars, experience with and a letter from a DO. WA resident as well. Is there a chance there's something wrong with my app?

No interview yet... I wonder what's up. Do they yield protect? My MCAT is like 12 points above their average and GPA is also considerably higher. Lots of extracurriculars, experience with and a letter from a DO. WA resident as well. Is there a chance there's something wrong with my app?
I don't think they yield protect. My stats are well above their average too, and I got an II. Just be patient, they seem to be a little slow to roll things out so far.

Did you all get an email with the II or was it just in the portal? I just checked my portal status and it changed to “committee / 8/8/2019.” It used to say “no decision.” Does anyone know what this means?

Did you all get an email with the II or was it just in the portal? I just checked my portal status and it changed to “committee / 8/8/2019.” It used to say “no decision.” Does anyone know what this means?
I think it means your under review. Mine has been like that since 7/26...

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted 7/29 but my letters still aren’t in. Anyone else in the same position?

I submitted 7/29 but my letters still aren’t in. Anyone else in the same position?

Hi,
I submitted a day after you, and my letters weren't attached until yesterday. I reached out to Hope Ennis on Friday and she said last week was matriculation week and that they would start working on attaching letters again this week!

What's the average MCAT score for this school? I've searched their website endlessly and I must be missing it.

For those with interview invites: How long after your decision changed to "committee" did it take before you received the invite?

if i'm from florida, is there any point in applying here?

I had my primary verified 7/24. Haven't got secondary/supplemental yet from here. Lower gpa (sgpa > 3.2) but my mcat is decently above their average (507). I'm an older nontrad from their area of focus and have lots of HCE.
Should I be concerned or call? Others seem to have gotten their secondary/supplemental much quicker.

Edit: got my secondary today :)

Last edited:
I had my primary verified 7/24. Haven't got secondary/supplemental yet from here. Lower gpa (sgpa > 3.2) but my mcat is decently above their average (507). I'm an older nontrad from their area of focus and have lots of HCE.
Should I be concerned or call? Others seem to have gotten their secondary/supplemental much quicker.
I would give it more time. They have a ton of applications come in at the beginning. It's still very early in the cycle. Hard to say but just be patient.

Verified 7/30. Secondary received 7/31.

Gotcha. I guess Chaua's post made me nervous, verified after me and getting supplemental right away. Rose concerns something might be wrong with my app.

Checked my portal and my status changed from "committee" to "interview" this morning at around 11am. I never got an email though. I also have a new item in my checklist called "Admissions Interview" with a due date of 8/24/19. Did this happen to anyone else? If so, how long did it take for you to get an email?

UPDATE: Email received the next day!

Last edited:
Checked my portal and my status changed from "committee" to "interview" this morning at around 11am. I never got an email though. I also have a new item in my checklist called "Admissions Interview" with a due date of 8/24/19. Did this happen to anyone else? If so, how long did it take for you to get an email?

How long were you on "committee" status, before the change to "interview"?

II scheduled for 10/18! Here are the dates still available:

September 27, 2019
October 11, 2019
October 18, 2019

November 22, 2019
January 10, 2020
January 31, 2020

February 28, 2020
March 20, 2020
April 3, 2020

Denied post-secondary. No e-mail, just checked portal. Good luck to all the applicants!

• Sad
For those who have received II's, how long after you replied with your tentative interview date did they reply with a confirmation/interview itinerary?

if i'm from florida, is there any point in applying here?
I’m from Florida too! I have a friend here starting her second year who is also from Florida and she said there are a couple other people from my university as well. It is worth a shot!

I’m from Florida too! I have a friend here starting her second year who is also from Florida and she said there are a couple other people from my university as well. It is worth a shot!
Thanks! I applied :)