2020-2021 Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi guys! is there a groupme for accepted students?
I have the same question! It's been almost radio silence since my acceptance. Like, no emails about GroupMe, Facebook groups, Financial Aid offers, etc. Getting a little worried, haha

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have the same question! It's been almost radio silence since my acceptance. Like, no emails about GroupMe, Facebook groups, Financial Aid offers, etc. Getting a little worried, haha
Hey there!! Congrats on the acceptance! The link to the official Facebook group was posted on this this thread a while back by the class of 2024 president. That group links to the Discord and other methods of communication!

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's the link to the accepted student Facebook! (hopefully this works haha)

So was there secretly a March wave that we missed? The accepted students group looks like it has 188 people which means they're filling up their class. I assumed the wave would be a lot bigger...

So was there secretly a March wave that we missed? The accepted students group looks like it has 188 people which means they're filling up their class. I assumed the wave would be a lot bigger...
I only saw 2 SDN members announce acceptance in March.
I think there will be a batch of offers soon.

Reactions: 3 users
I only saw 2 SDN members announce acceptance in March.
I think there will be a batch of offers soon.
I sure hope so, I definitely agree with the sentiment in other posts about how much this wait sucks. It's ridiculous that people who interviewed in the fall have gotten absolutely no post-II communication. I personally interviewed in January and that wait's been bad enough, so I can't even imagine how those guys are feeling right now. I'm super envious of next year's TMDSAS applicants who (for many of them) will know exactly where they're going before spring break.

Not everyone that joins the facebook group, and was accepted, end up matriculating so don't lose hope yet!

• Care
this post made me cry

• Care
this post made me cry
ahaha sorry about that, I was just verbalizing some random thoughts! For reference, the UTSW FB group has 500+ members so maybe going off of FB group size isn't the best approach to understanding where the admissions process is.

Members don't see this ad :)
ahaha sorry about that, I was just verbalizing some random thoughts! For reference, the UTSW FB group has 500+ members so maybe going off of FB group size isn't the best approach to understanding where the admissions process is.

Yeah about that, did Class of 2022-2024 also join or something? So many people :oops:

I sure hope so, I definitely agree with the sentiment in other posts about how much this wait sucks. It's ridiculous that people who interviewed in the fall have gotten absolutely no post-II communication. I personally interviewed in January and that wait's been bad enough, so I can't even imagine how those guys are feeling right now. I'm super envious of next year's TMDSAS applicants who (for many of them) will know exactly where they're going before spring break.
Yup, interviewed 6 months ago and this wait has been awful to say the least.

Yup, interviewed 6 months ago and this wait has been awful to say the least.
Yeah I almost wish they gave post-II Rs because I'm pretty much just waiting on this school so I'd just like a definitive answer even if it's a rejection!

Reactions: 9 users
Could someone please send me the VIA email address? I wrote it down on interview day but can't seem to find it anywhere. I'd really appreciate it!

Anybody else compulsively checking this page and then also feeling afraid to look because then you weren't the one who got the call?

Reactions: 8 users
Anybody else compulsively checking this page and then also feeling afraid to look because then you weren't the one who got the call?
Until WL movement starts happening for other schools, I'm just waiting on news from Baylor now.

👀👀

Reactions: 2 users

Wow I feel personally attacked

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
This is unusually late for Baylor to send out some more acceptances, and y'all are no doubt sick of hearing me say this, :depressed: :rolleyes: but this year can't be compared to past cycles at all in terms of timeline.

This week is Match Week for MS4 students going into residencies, and those who didn't match found out Monday March 15 and will be super busy all week with their advisors at med school finding an unfilled spot to apply to. It's all hands on deck this week to help them and to inform matched students on next steps.

I don't think interview/acceptance cycle has ever overlapped in this way with Residency Match week.
Let's see if admission offers resume next week :xf::xf::xf:

Reactions: 4 users
This is unusually late for Baylor to send out some more acceptances, and y'all are no doubt sick of hearing me say this, :depressed: :rolleyes: but this year can't be compared to past cycles at all in terms of timeline.

This week is Match Week for MS4 students going into residencies, and those who didn't match found out Monday March 15 and will be super busy all week with their advisors at med school finding an unfilled spot to apply to. It's all hands on deck this week to help them and to inform matched students on next steps.

I don't think interview/acceptance cycle has ever overlapped in this way with Residency Match week.
Let's see if admission offers resume next week :xf::xf::xf:

Do you believe Baylor has more acceptances to give?

During my cycle, I interviewed in August got accepted at the end of March.

Baylor still accepts thru early April, then some limited WL movement in May. This cycle has been off, but there are definitely still more acceptances to give.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
i was at their last interview date and they made it sound like they still needed to fill their class. based on the very few acceptances reported here since then, i would be surprised if they didn't have more acceptances to give out.

Have any MD/PhD applicants not heard anything yet? It looks like waitlists were sent out last week... silent R?

• Hmm
Waitlists were sent out last week? Where did you hear this?

If you're not applying MD/PHD, I don't think you have to worry about that. Regular track admissions don't get told anything except acceptance or "we're full" a few months from now.

Reactions: 2 users

Don’t lose hope! A lot of the upperclassmen joined the group to welcome the newly admitted. The Facebook group doesn’t only consist of c/o 2025!

Hey! Does someone mind pming me the VIA email addres as well? I also wrote it down on interview day but left it at home and am back at school now rip
+1, could someone PM me the email as well? Much appreciated!

ngl, the way Baylor is handling this whole application process is kind of putting a bad taste in my mouth

Reactions: 8 users
ngl, the way Baylor is handling this whole application process is kind of putting a bad taste in my mouth
Honestly lol. Even Harvard was able to get all of their decisions out in the beginning of March, so there’s no excuse for whatever this nonsense is. I’ve just mentally chalked this up as a post-II R and moved on with my life.

Has anyone received any confirmation emails from Baylor? I sent my LOI to them a bit ago, but they never replied to me... so I'm a bit worried they never added it to my file.

Is it really any different from the way other medical schools are doing things?
The complete lack of post-II communication is just frustrating. A lot of us have no idea where we stand with Baylor because they don't send WLs or Rs, whereas I've heard from every other school where I interviewed

Reactions: 5 users
At least this is the last year they'll be doing it this way... not great consolation though

It would also be different if they had already handed out a majority of their acceptances, but from what I can tell, I would estimate that maybe half of their seats are full at the moment.

The complete lack of post-II communication is just frustrating. A lot of us have no idea where we stand with Baylor because they don't send WLs or Rs, whereas I've heard from every other school where I interviewed

Yup, Baylor is now the last school I am hearing back from, and their lack of communication has just put them so far in the back of my head. Sucks because they were one of my top choices at the start of cycle

Reactions: 5 users
I interviewed back in October and I have also heard absolutely nothing re: A, WL, or R

Baylor is soooooo quiet. They are the only school that hasn't even sent me a continuing review email at some point post-interview!!

Is this usual or out of the norm behavior for Baylor? Are they typically this unresponsive if we do attend the school?
I'll say what I always say about Baylor:

Baylor tends to release admissions offers once a month.
They are systematic and predictable.
They take time and care with their decisions.

To answer the second part:
Once you are a student there, you will have incredible access to and support from faculty and mentors.

Don't let the longer than usual wait this year drive you nuts; carry on with your day to day life while you wait for more news.

Reactions: 7 users