2021-2022 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They told me that after the December 14th deposit date, some movement would take place before Christmas. However, I haven't heard of any movement. Anyone else?
same! so i'm wondering if class is full, like if enough people paid the deposit that class is full.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do any current students use Sketchy Medical and think it's worth it? I'm in a master's program right now & will be starting at ACOM in the summer/fall and am debating on either just paying for 6 months to help me finish out my master's program, or if I should just bite the bullet and pay for 24 months since it'll still be good to use once I'm at ACOM. Hope that all made sense!

Do any current students use Sketchy Medical and think it's worth it? I'm in a master's program right now & will be starting at ACOM in the summer/fall and am debating on either just paying for 6 months to help me finish out my master's program, or if I should just bite the bullet and pay for 24 months since it'll still be good to use once I'm at ACOM. Hope that all made sense!
Sketchy is very clutch. Highly recommend

Reactions: 3 users
I have an interview here on the 28th, do you guys think the class is full already?

I have an interview here on the 28th, do you guys think the class is full already?
Last I heard it was so maybe they are interviewing for waitlist. As soon as the people who paid the deposit get into their top choice then they will withdraw their A and it’ll go to waitlist people.

I doubt they would interview more people if the class was full, doing so would benefit no one.
That’s what the waitlist is for. To interview people for a waitlist in case there aren’t enough accepted candidates who commit to the school!!

It looks like they're pretty selective, hopefully there's still a shot!

Screenshot_20220112-212528.png

That’s what the waitlist is for. To interview people for a waitlist in case there aren’t enough accepted candidates who commit to the school!!

I’ll have to disagree with you, I think this school in particular extends acceptances to people within each interview group. Like you said they have to account for acceptance attrition so they accept people throughout the cycle. Looking back at previous cycles they have consistently accepted people shortly after interviewing up into April.

This is all speculation, but I think previously waitlisted applicants are reevaluated later in the cycle once the majority of interview slots have been filled. This is why in previous years waitlist movement has started as early as Jan and sometimes goes until the first day of orientation or possibly later.

Last I heard it was so maybe they are interviewing for waitlist. As soon as the people who paid the deposit get into their top choice then they will withdraw their A and it’ll go to waitlist people.
I was told yesterday that it isn't full, due to some withdrawals of acceptances due to people choosing other schools to attend.

So class isn't full but I saw some posts on here of people getting interview for April so there probably aren't many interviews left?

Members don't see this ad :)
So class isn't full but I saw some posts on here of people getting interview for April so there probably aren't many interviews left?
It looks like they don't really over interview for spots, so even if you end up on the waitlist you have a really good shot of getting in

It looks like they don't really over interview for spots, so even if you end up on the waitlist you have a really good shot of getting in
Class size is 210-ish. They interview between 600-800 depending on the year.

Class size is 210-ish. They interview between 600-800 depending on the year.
Considering some schools are interviewing nearly a thousand or more for 150 seats, thats pretty good!

sketchy is helpful for some and some do great without. There is a resource drive passed on thru students at ACOM **allegedly** :1whistle: so I haven't paid for any of the major outside resources (sketchy, B&B, dirty med, DIT, etc) school provides U world and pathoma

Reactions: 2 users
Wow ages 20-24 (78%) that makes me feel pretty old at 26 haha.

sketchy is helpful for some and some do great without. There is a resource drive passed on thru students at ACOM **allegedly** :1whistle: so I haven't paid for any of the major outside resources (sketchy, B&B, dirty med, DIT, etc) school provides U world and pathoma

Giving away valuable secrets for only matriculants at ACOM . Allegedly ;)

Considering some schools are interviewing nearly a thousand or more for 150 seats, thats pretty good!
I agree. Your chances of gaining acceptance at ACOM if you're given an interview are better than average.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree. Your chances of gaining acceptance at ACOM if you're given an interview are better than average.
I believe when I applied last cycle it was 60% post interview acceptance.

Well I know many that hopes the waitlist will move soon.

I interviewed today and they said the class wasn’t full.

Hey everyone, I’m on the post-interview waitlist right now and I’m considering retaking the MCAT in March to hopefully increase my chances of getting in. Would that be a good thing to do? I know the results won’t come out till April and I’m wondering if it would be too late to help my chances with coming off the waitlist?

Hey everyone, I’m on the post-interview waitlist right now and I’m considering retaking the MCAT in March to hopefully increase my chances of getting in. Would that be a good thing to do? I know the results won’t come out till April and I’m wondering if it would be too late to help my chances with coming off the waitlist?

You should really ask the admissions office, they would be best suited to answer you. I would guess that you wouldn’t need to since you already had an interview.

Got the call 2 hours ago! I have been ACCEPTED!!!!!

My mother and father immigrated to the US decades ago and worked multiple jobs at a time to make ends meet while teaching me to stand on my own 2 feet. I had low grades at the beginning of my college career and wondered every day whether a single admissions committee would give me the light of day. I always wondered whether the obstacles presented to me were too challenging to overcome. Yet, I persisted. I never gave up on my dream.

I'm going to be a doctor!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 17 users

My mother and father immigrated to the US decades ago and worked multiple jobs at a time to make ends meet while teaching me to stand on my own 2 feet. I had low grades at the beginning of my college career and wondered every day whether a single admissions committee would give me the light of day. I always wondered whether the obstacles presented to me were too challenging to overcome. Yet, I persisted. I never gave up on my dream.

Congratulations!! When did you interview? Do you mind sharing your stats?

Last edited:
Congratulations!! When did you interview? Do you mind sharing your stats?
I interviewed on Friday. I will PM you with my stats. For everyone else, I have a low GPA and a high MCAT.

I've seen you on many threads, friend. So happy for you that you finally got your call. You deserve it, congrats!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

CONGRATS! i admire your journey

• Love
Accepted today! LM 67.7

Congrats! From one immigrant to another (or the child of at least), I'm so thrilled to see your dreams come true, and the legacy of your ancestors being carried on. Best of luck!!

• Love
Is there an accepted student group me? If not, I can go ahead and make one :)

Anyone been accepted off the post interview waitlist yet at this school?

Acomstudentlife instagram page posted about family weekend in March. Is this only for current students or accepted students as well?

Acomstudentlife instagram page posted about family weekend in March. Is this only for current students or accepted students as well?
I believe this is only for current students. They are having campus visit days for those who are accepted! They should contact you if you are an accepted applicant. If not, I'd reach out to the admissions office to inquire about dates.

Just got the call! I interviewed 09/03, was waitlisted 09/09, and got accepted earlier today! There’s hope for everyone on the waitlist!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Just got the call! I interviewed 08/31, was waitlisted 09/06, and got accepted earlier today! There’s hope for everyone on the waitlist!

Wow that’s awesome, congrats! Thanks for posting too!

Just got the call! I interviewed 08/31, was waitlisted 09/06, and got accepted earlier today! There’s hope for everyone on the waitlist!
Congratulations!!!! That is awesome!!! Would you mind sharing stats? Thanks for posting. Hope to see posts of others on the waitlist being accepted at ACOM.

Last edited:
Heard today that the entire class is full at ACOM. Is that true? I know someone who got in from the waitlist yesterday. They are interviewing until end of March, so why would they if the class is full?

Heard today that the entire class is full at ACOM. Is that true? I know someone who got in from the waitlist yesterday. They are interviewing until end of March, so why would they if the class is full?
I interviewed 2 weeks ago and that is not what they said.